Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,552 members, 7,837,119 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread - Education (122) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread (727643 Views)

University of Ibadan 2019/2020 Admission Thread / 2017/2018 University of Ibadan(UI) Postgraduate Forms Is Out / Osun State University (UNIOSUN ) 2017/2018 Post UTME /admission Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) ... (463) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Aybalance: 5:43pm On Aug 26, 2017
hello boses, pls i realy need help with dis question.A force of 200newton acts between two objects at a certain distance.find the value of d force when d distance is halved . A. 800N B. 400 C.200 D. 100 anybody? thanks in advance
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Bobola07(m): 6:25pm On Aug 26, 2017
Good evening guys....

How jacking??
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 6:29pm On Aug 26, 2017
Aybalance:
hello pls i realy need help with dis question.A force of 200newton acts between two objects at a certain distance.find the value of d force when d distance is halved . A. 800N B. 400 C.200 D. 100 thanks
from Newton laws of gravity....as force increased distance decreases...therefore as distance is halved...force is doubled...so force will be 400newton...
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Hardebaryor(m): 6:31pm On Aug 26, 2017
CondomSir:

It'll not hurt to use Google Chrome or Firefox on your phone to input your data. But you'll need to upload certain files such as O'level results, signature, etc. Again, you'll need to print out the registration slip. Therefore, it is advisable you go to a nearby cybercafe to carry out the processes.
ok thanks a lot

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Hardebaryor(m): 6:34pm On Aug 26, 2017
Ajet001:
Yea You upload your O' level results.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Aybalance: 6:37pm On Aug 26, 2017
dannyboii1:

from Newton laws of gravity....as force increased distance decreases...therefore as distance is halved...force is doubled...so force will be 400newton...
big boss,thanks alot
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 7:50pm On Aug 26, 2017
Bobola07:
Good evening guys....
How jacking??
Trying our best brocheesy

How your side
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Dkfpaul(m): 8:44pm On Aug 26, 2017
pls is d bio data compulsory for all aspirants? And does that didnt do it wont they be admitted.
And we dat are awaiting neco result,how are we going to upload our bio data too?
Pls i need reply friends.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by whalesz(m): 10:14pm On Aug 26, 2017
CondomSir:

If MrHistorian has the geography practice questions, he'll definitely pass it across to you when he gets this mention. If he doesn't have it, just wait till next week when the registration portal will be opened. UI will likely make a provision for practice questions, just like they did in 2015. I do not have any geography questions in pdf at the moment, sir.

Thanks for your concern
I appreciate it!
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by teefha(f): 10:52pm On Aug 26, 2017
Hello....i want to know if I can still change course since the form isn't out yet.....urgent reply is required......thanks in advance
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by EngrBello(m): 10:55pm On Aug 26, 2017
UTME not for admission, but for ranking-Prof Oloyede

Criticisms have been the reaction since the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board announced the decision to peg the minimum benchmark for admission into universities at 120 and 100 for polytechnics, monotechnics and colleges of education. In this interview, the JAMB registrar, Prof. Ishaq Oloyede, responded to issues raised so far by stakeholders, writes FOLASHADE ADEBAYO. Excerpts
~The decision to reduce the cut-off mark to 120 for universities and 100 for polytechnics has met with criticism from many quarters. It seems it is not a popular decision.~:

You see, the issue is that people who are not familiar with a matter, rather than keeping their peace, will be commenting on things that they know little about. Our examination is not an achievement test. It is not a qualifying examination; rather, it is a ranking examination. Anybody that we want to admit into the university must basically have his five credits. It is not JAMB that qualifies them. But, because we don’t have space for all of them, we decide to rank them. What we had been doing was to ensure that nobody who scored less than 200 had a chance. But, this year, we are saying that anybody who scores up to 120 has a chance. With 200, we have never filled our quota in the last 10 years. Some of those who scored over 200 do not have five credits in their O level results.

And you cannot be admitted if you don’t have five credits. Those who are talking have not even dissected the problem, yet they are making recommendations. Other agencies all over the world, like the UKEAS in the United Kingdom, also rank candidates. Some of them do not even conduct any examination. Our examination is not a qualifying examination, it is a ranking examination. What that means is that you can’t admit anybody unless he is qualified. What qualifies an individual is the O level, not the UTME. The children of those who are objecting to this decision go to the UK to study. Do they write the UTME there? They are unfair to the common man who has not stolen money to study in Ghana and the UK.  It is part of a class war that the poor man must be kept under.

This is a ranking examination and this is a decision of all vice-chancellors, provosts and rectors. Commentators cannot claim to know more than these people do because they are commenting out of ignorance. If you have 10 spaces and five of your children are qualified, then you look for a way of ranking them. You can use age. It does not mean that the number six child is not qualified. But, because he came sixth, then you take the first five.

And you can decide on three male children and two female children. So, the fourth male child will not say that you are unfair because there is a parameter. So, our examination is for ranking purposes. We want to rank all qualified candidates and what makes them qualified is the O level. As I speak with you, there was no time in the last 10 years that we have filled 70 per cent of the quota. The colleges of education and polytechnics are there doing nothing. And they kept on admitting students under the table. We are saying no more under-the-table deals. Come and tell us what you are doing under the table and let us see it. But people are commenting on matters that that they are not familiar with.

But 120/400 is a far cry from a pass mark…

I have answered that question. It is not the UTME that qualifies the candidate for admission. It is a ranking examination. We are not telling you to admit this or that candidate. Let me give you an example. Someone scores 300 and another scores 140, the person with 300 has four credits and the person with 140 has five credits. What it means is that you cannot take the candidate with 300 and you cannot also admit the candidate with 140. That is what we have been doing. What we are now saying is that JAMB is a clearing house. That is why people are faking our results and for them, it is a do or die affair. This is because we have created an unnecessary hurdle. Everywhere in the world, what qualifies candidates is the O level. The same thing applies to us. But because we do not have enough space, we have set an examination for them to rank them.  There is no pass or fail with the UTME. We are not saying that universities should leave somebody with 230 and take another with 140.

Let me give you another example. We have never filled 50 per cent of the quota for Physics in the last 10 years. Not that there are no individuals who want to study Physics, but because they did not meet the cut-off point. You are paying the lecturers, but the classrooms are vacant. And, if the candidate is fortunate enough to have parents who can sponsor him to Ghana, he will go to that country with his O level and come back with the same degree. He will now be boasting to his colleagues who were not fortunate enough to have a father who can pay their transport fare.

The belief has always been that our universities are oversubscribed…

I am in a position to know and I know that they are not oversubscribed.  There are institutions that are oversubscribed, but they are few. Tell some institutions, maybe more than five, that have in the last 10 years, filled 70 per cent of  their admission capacities. It is because there is a mismatch. You ask universities to admit 60 per cent of science students and 40 per cent of those who studied humanities. But what the school system is producing is 70 per cent Arts students and 30 per cent Science students.

How do you react to arguments that this was done to assist private universities to lower their standard and accommodate these candidates? 

That is not correct. I have no reason to encourage private universities. But, having said that, for God’s sake, what is bad in encouraging private universities? You allowed them to be established, you set up regulatory agencies for them and you abandon them. I travelled to Uganda and discovered that 40 per cent of the students in private universities in Kampala are Nigerians. I went to their classrooms and took pictures with them. They did not sit for the UTME, but because their parents are comfortable, they want to oppress the children of the poor.

Do you see public universities adjusting their cut-off marks with the latest development?

Universities are universities. They have the right, under the law, to admit whom they want to admit. All these people commenting, you will see their reaction when they start to see results. I am not afraid of controversy. I know where I am going and they are the ones who are just commenting casually. I have a goal. I want to appeal to people to be patient and reserve their comments. Let us see the results. I have been in this for 40 years.  Why can’t you credit me with the fact that I had the opportunity of being the chairman of the Academic Planners of Nigeria Universities, where we plan academic matters? I had the fortune of being the chairman, Committee of Vice-Chancellors, I had the opportunity of coordinating the association in West Africa and I had the opportunity of being the president of the association in Africa. Don’t you think that I would have studied the situation?

How do you react to the fact that facilities in our institutions are overstretched?

What we have done has not increased quota. We have taken all those into consideration. Not JAMB alone, but also the NUC, NCC and the NBTE. We have fixed a quota, based on available facilities. We are not telling schools to overshoot their quota, we are saying, “Bring those people who are roaming the streets into the classrooms to fill the quota.” What correlation do facilities and that has to do? I am not the one who fixed the quota.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by mayorxyneyo: 8:47am On Aug 27, 2017
Has the biodata upload begun on UI website since they said last week in August?
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by whalesz(m): 1:10pm On Aug 27, 2017
teefha:
Hello....i want to know if I can still change course since the form isn't out yet.....urgent reply is required......thanks in advance

I think you can still do so but do it ASAP
I saw sth like the portal will still be open until admission exercise is over

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by adamsanchez: 7:57pm On Aug 27, 2017
hi ..plz who do ui cm abt her departmental cutoff...z it utme score + post utme divided by 2 or z it only post utme..tnx
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 8:59pm On Aug 27, 2017
adamsanchez:
hi ..plz who do ui cm abt her departmental cutoff...z it utme score + post utme divided by 2 or z it only post utme..tnx

angry

University aspiring student!

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 9:29pm On Aug 27, 2017
CondomSir:

angry

University aspiring student!

Condomsir

Postume is here to filter
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 9:49pm On Aug 27, 2017
Toh it has do na.... grin. someone should answer him..that's all
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by holywahala19(m): 9:56pm On Aug 27, 2017
adamsanchez:

I heard they use only post utme.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Rursh(m): 10:00pm On Aug 27, 2017
Hmmmm.... post UTME is finally here. I will drop "hits" about UI post UTME 2017 very soon.
Serious facts you guys need to know. No time for throwing tantrums.
Hope those in the whatsapp group are still sending there many massages. May they learn in time. A word
#Rursh

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Rursh(m): 10:00pm On Aug 27, 2017
Hmmmm.... post UTME is finally here. I will drop "hits" about UI post UTME 2017 very soon.
Hope those in the whatsapp group are still sending there many massages. May they learn in time. A word.
#Rursh
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Rursh(m): 10:01pm On Aug 27, 2017
Hope those in the whatsapp group are still sending there many massages. May they learn in time. A word.
#Rursh
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 10:43pm On Aug 27, 2017
Nltaliban:

Condomsir

Postume is here to filter

Absolutely bro!

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 11:30pm On Aug 27, 2017
Rursh:
#Rursh

You use glo?
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by jliusadura(m): 2:36am On Aug 28, 2017
Hello U.I applicants, it is no longer news that the University of Ibadan has confirmed that there will be a written POST-UTME exam for candidates seeking admissions into the institution this year. According to the university tradition, POST-JAMB exam results will form the basis for admission cut-off marks. The implication is that the higher your POST-JAMB score the higher your chance of admission. This means that as an applicant you must strategize and do your best not only to pass the POST-JAMB exam but to meet with minimum cut-off of your department. Now, how do you achieve high score in U.I POST-UTME exam? There are basically two ways: being hard-working and being smart. Hard-work mostly has to do with reading which is very good and can help you to pass. However, being smart can give you extra advantage over others and help you not only to pass but score above the cut-off point. Many people read and pass but few people meet up with their departmental cut-off; they therefore end up not being admitted or admitted to study courses they don't like. There are many ways to be smart and one of them is the use of U.I POST-JAMB past questions for your preparations. The use of GENUINE past questions helps you to have insight into the scope and nature of the questions and therefore serve as guide. The problem with past questions is that there are many fake past questions out there; using fake past questions can lead to a big set back because building good structure on faulting foundation is obviously counter-productive. This is one of the problems I'm here to help you solve.
Note that my office is located in U.I and I'm very familiar with the workings of the institution. We have ORIGINAL and GENUINE University of Ibadan POST-JAMB past questions in ALL SUBJECTS for your use. To get it is easy, all you need is a valid e-mail address and follow these simple procedures:
Send your email address and your four JAMB subjects to 08066688887 requesting for U.I post jamb past questions.
Those in Ibadan can contact me at Suite 72, Agbowo Shopping Complex, Opposite U.I
If you are outside Ibadan, no problem just send sms to the number I provided above and you can get your questions within few hours.
If you have any question concerning U.I POST-JAMB exercise, feel free to contact me. I wish you success in your quest to be admitted into Nigeria's number one university.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by samuelizz(m): 7:47am On Aug 28, 2017
jliusadura:
Hello U.I applicants, it is no longer news that the University of Ibadan has confirmed that there will be a written POST-UTME exam for candidates seeking admissions into the institution this year. According to the university tradition, POST-JAMB exam results will form the basis for admission cut-off marks. The implication is that the higher your POST-JAMB score the higher your chance of admission. This means that as an applicant you must strategize and do your best not only to pass the POST-JAMB exam but to meet with minimum cut-off of your department. Now, how do you achieve high score in U.I POST-UTME exam? There are basically two ways: being hard-working and being smart. Hard-work mostly has to do with reading which is very good and can help you to pass. However, being smart can give you extra advantage over others and help you not only to pass but score above the cut-off point. Many people read and pass but few people meet up with their departmental cut-off; they therefore end up not being admitted or admitted to study courses they don't like. There are many ways to be smart and one of them is the use of U.I POST-JAMB past questions for your preparations. The use of GENUINE past questions helps you to have insight into the scope and nature of the questions and therefore serve as guide. The problem with past questions is that there are many fake past questions out there; using fake past questions can lead to a big set back because building good structure on faulting foundation is obviously counter-productive. This is one of the problems I'm here to help you solve.
Note that my office is located in U.I and I'm very familiar with the workings of the institution. We have ORIGINAL and GENUINE University of Ibadan POST-JAMB past questions in ALL SUBJECTS for your use. To get it is easy, all you need is a valid e-mail address and follow these simple procedures:
Send your email address and your four JAMB subjects to 08066688887 requesting for U.I post jamb past questions.
Those in Ibadan can contact me at Suite 72, Agbowo Shopping Complex, Opposite U.I
If you are outside Ibadan, no problem just send sms to the number I provided above and you can get your questions within few hours.
If you have any question concerning U.I POST-JAMB exercise, feel free to contact me. I wish you success in your quest to be admitted into Nigeria's number one university.

Is the past question Free?
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Rursh(m): 8:17am On Aug 28, 2017
Nltaliban:

You use glo?

No, why do you ask?
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by KingOvo(m): 8:48am On Aug 28, 2017
Hey guys, so its going to be my first time writing UI's Post-utme. just want to know a few things. I'm just curious to know what the questions are like especially for art students (Government, Literature and CRS), time allowed and probably other things I should know but I'm oblivious of.
Thanks in advance.
Ps heard about practice questions, anybody know where I can get them?

Ajet001 welcome back after your hiatus bro! cheesy
Btw where's humeeh? missing your humor here.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Mustiboy(m): 9:14am On Aug 28, 2017
I thought they had scrapped written post Utme...

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Mustiboy(m): 9:25am On Aug 28, 2017
Since UI is going to be conducting a written post Utme, will they still use our o level results to grade us? Cuz I got a meager 240 in Utme and my o level is Cs all through. I believe I can do better in the post Utme, that's why I'm asking.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by kingsam11: 9:29am On Aug 28, 2017
Get UI post utme past questions contact 08120280260
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by TheHistorian(m): 11:30am On Aug 28, 2017
whalesz:

I think you can still do so but do it ASAP
I saw sth like the portal will still be open until admission exercise is over
I think it is better for her(Teefha) maintain the status quo and stick to her earlier chosen discipline.

As it is.JAMB's registrar,Professor Ishaq Oloyede asserted that necessary information about intending aspirants has been forwarded to various institutions.

To avoid complications...I advise she quit the thought of switching courses or institutions.

Good to be back!!!

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by TheHistorian(m): 11:35am On Aug 28, 2017
CondomSir:

If MrHistorian has the geography practice questions, he'll definitely pass it across to you when he gets this mention. If he doesn't have it, just wait till next week when the registration portal will be opened. UI will likely make a provision for practice questions, just like they did in 2015. I do not have any geography questions in pdf at the moment, sir.

Thankz for the mention though.

But,I don't have the Practice Questions for Geography.

(1) (2) (3) ... (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) ... (463) (Reply)

The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. / Unilag 2015/2016 Admission / University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.