Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,383 members, 7,815,811 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread - Education (270) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread (722305 Views)

University of Ibadan 2019/2020 Admission Thread / 2017/2018 University of Ibadan(UI) Postgraduate Forms Is Out / Osun State University (UNIOSUN ) 2017/2018 Post UTME /admission Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) ... (463) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by holuwajobar(m): 7:05am On Nov 04, 2017
Nltaliban:

Candidates who didn't meet up with the requirements of their former course and opted for the change of course
thanks bro

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by smartograpy(m): 7:51am On Nov 04, 2017
Smirk, Most of these special advisers are not even students yet grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Oluwatobi18: 7:59am On Nov 04, 2017
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by smartograpy(m): 8:06am On Nov 04, 2017
Nltaliban will there be supplementary list this year?
Remember that there was no supplementary list last year after merit list
What is really my fate this year? angry angry angry
2 points below my course cut off mark

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by ModestGal(f): 8:27am On Nov 04, 2017
Nltaliban:

ELDS means educationally less developed state

They include Bayelsa, Ebonyi, Jigawa, Zamfara, Adamawa, Bauchi, Benue, Borno, Cross River, Gombe, Jigawa, Kano, Kaduna, Katsina, Kebbi, Kogi, Kwara, Nasarawa, Niger, Plateau, Rivers, Sokoto, Taraba and Yobe
thnkx

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by ModestGal(f): 8:31am On Nov 04, 2017
unbeatenmueez:
your response help me bro. Thanks. MBBS. But bro I still want to learn about one thing. Is it possible to finish it before next year Jamb? And I don't know maths much but I want to confront my fears of it,can I know it before the stated event?
pls lets study nxt ume 2geda
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by agb30: 8:48am On Nov 04, 2017
Every year admission is different,last year ui decided not to fill up their quotas and that is why many student are dissapointed but it has now become a running battle with jamb new helmsman oloyede who insist on total utilizalition of alloted space,ui has decided to increase the space to 3500 from 2900 last year though given 7000 by nuc,so i insist keep the hope burning cos coc too is risky,last year u most score above 65 for science and 55 for art and social science to qualify for coc for a course of 50.so imagine a failed law aspirant of 68 competing with a failed historian with 56 for history edu.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 10:29am On Nov 04, 2017
smartograpy:
Nltaliban will there be supplementary list this year?
Remember that there was no supplementary list last year after merit list
What is really my fate this year? angry angry angry
2 points below my course cut off mark

Last year, only one list was released, the list contained both merit and supplementary. Reason ui released the change of course after the cutoff
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 10:30am On Nov 04, 2017
smartograpy:
Smirk, Most of these special advisers are not even students yet grin grin grin

So being a student automatically gives you the KNOW ALL SPIRIT?

you are a disgrace to common sense for having that kind of myopic and shallow brain

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 10:33am On Nov 04, 2017
agb30:
Every year admission is different,last year ui decided not to fill up their quotas and that is why many student are dissapointed but it has now become a running battle with jamb new helmsman oloyede who insist on total utilizalition of alloted space,ui has decided to increase the space to 3500 from 2900 last year though given 7000 by nuc,so i insist keep the hope burning cos coc too is risky,last year u most score above 65 for science and 55 for art and social science to qualify for coc for a course of 50.so imagine a failed law aspirant of 68 competing with a failed historian with 56 for history edu.

That's why everyone is saying change of course is very technical, the probability of making the list is less than half. However, if you follow trends and use your brain + strong faith, you will m as je the list.

The best way to gain admission is still by merit
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by agb30: 10:47am On Nov 04, 2017
For those far from cut off point,u can keep ur option open by waiting for jamb open market system available on caps by mid december for admission .consideration from uni that can not fill up their own quota,pls think very well b4 accepting or rejecting any offer cos some of this school may not be affordable.so cheer up it is not over until it is over.

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by boyejo123(m): 12:23pm On Nov 04, 2017
pls whats the meaning of DLC cause I got there mesg today
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nobody: 12:27pm On Nov 04, 2017
boyejo123:
pls whats the meaning of DLC cause I got there mesg today

Distant Learning Centre
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nphzzycute(f): 12:28pm On Nov 04, 2017
Nltaliban:

you are a disgrace to common sense for having that kind of myopic and shallow brain
shocked shocked

that's hot and deep
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 12:33pm On Nov 04, 2017
boyejo123:
pls whats the meaning of DLC
cause I got there mesg today
The University of Ibadan Distance Learning Centre (UIDLC) is an arm of the University responsible for providing Open and Distance Learning University Education. This mode of education is technology mediated and provides for minimum physical interaction between the learners and the facilitators.

candidates that the academic activities of UIDLC are facilitated by the same lecturers as the regular mode of study. The issuance of the same certificates as obtainable in the conventional university system is also assured. This is technically
referred to as PARITY OF ESTEEM- both categories have equal rights and privileges.

The University of Ibadan Distance Learning Centre (UIDLC) runs only six programmes. The programmes are:

(1) B.A. English
(2) B.A. Philosophy and Public Affairs
(3) B.SC.vPsychology
(4) B.SC. Economics
(5) B.SC. Political Science and
(6) B.SW. Social Work.

The programmes are run under the University’s Open and Distance Learning (ODL) Platform.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by samuelizz(m): 12:53pm On Nov 04, 2017
Nltaliban:

Baba, calm down oh.

kilode?, that's too much

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by smartograpy(m): 1:12pm On Nov 04, 2017
Hahaha grin grin grin it seems the word 'student' has lost it's meaning here [quote author=Nltaliban post=62061325]

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 1:44pm On Nov 04, 2017
smartograpy:
Hahaha grin grin grin it seems the word 'student' has lost it's meaning here

Student
A student or pupil is a learner or someone who attends an educational institution. In Britain, those attending university are termed "students". Wikipedia

undecided undecided
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 1:45pm On Nov 04, 2017
samuelizz:

Baba, calm down oh.

kilode?, that's too much

No mind those people

Them go just dey provoke person anyhow
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by PTI87: 1:54pm On Nov 04, 2017
please i am presently studying SLT in PETROLEUM TRAINING INSTITUTE and wovld love to know some courses i can gain admission into UNIBADAN after mx ND through direct entry.
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by agb30: 2:12pm On Nov 04, 2017
If u are in art and u are a big adult,i believe ntaliban has offer u good insight into ui dlc,u can be working and schooling at the same time,we should stop underating distance cos it has it advantage.chief afe baba did not attend any conventional uni,yet he is one of the best lawyer around,he attend london uni dlc for law.and ntaliban i believe smartography is just whining u,he is a good guy.and pls stay around to offer more insight,i noticed u are the only victorian who is still around to offer guide to trouble soul,be bless.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Samsonyte(m): 3:58pm On Nov 04, 2017
KARDEMARH:
.... I will advise u nt 2 opt in 4 dat bcus it makes no sense nd datz d new way poly is using 2 make money... I finished mai ND program 4rm dere, INSURANCE dept (DPP)
THANKS VERY MUCH
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Abdulsamiuh(m): 5:27pm On Nov 04, 2017
Is it true that unilag withdrew her admission list?
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by MrRitchie: 5:40pm On Nov 04, 2017
Yes!!!
Abdulsamiuh:
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 5:49pm On Nov 04, 2017
agb30:
If u are in art and u are a big adult,i believe ntaliban has offer u good insight into ui dlc,u can be working and schooling at the same time,we should stop underating distance cos it has it advantage.chief afe baba did not attend any conventional uni,yet he is one of the best lawyer around,he attend london uni dlc for law.and ntaliban i believe smartography is just whining u,he is a good guy.and pls stay around to offer more insight,i noticed u are the only victorian who is still around to offer guide to trouble soul,be bless.

Wow, you've said it all. In fact, ui award same certificate to both DLC and conventional students.

As for smartography, I don't know how I just lost calmness self.
I'll surely be around, other guys might be busy or something I'm sure they won't abandon this thread like that

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 5:52pm On Nov 04, 2017
Abdulsamiuh:

Yes. That's the power of social media. People who scored zero in the postume had their name on the merit list of a school some set of people call prestigious?

To me, there are only two schools in Nigeria
ui
association of other universities

Probably that was what gave me motivation.

Ui remains the best and most transparent

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by LegendKing(m): 5:58pm On Nov 04, 2017
Nltaliban:

Yes. That's the power of social media. People who scored zero in the postume has their name on the merit list of a school some set of people call prestigious?

ui

Yeah you are sooo on point. I knew it would come to that especially when they have a new vc. He wouldn't want to dent his records. Imagine ''MERIT'' list oooo not supplementary. SMH

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 6:09pm On Nov 04, 2017
LegendKing:
Yeah you are sooo on point. I knew it would come to that especially when they have a new vc. He wouldn't want to dent his records. Imagine ''MERIT'' list oooo not supplementary. SMH

The new vc doesn't change anything.

Do you know why ilorin has not released any further information since 16/17 Sept they wrote postume?

They are finding the highest bidder for every available slot.

Unilag even did well, they posted results and sometimes post cut off

Ilorin Will just post admission list codedly and you won't even know who and who deserves the admission they got

The educational system is in a sorry state, and it's a pity our leaders are not in anyway concerned about it
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by smartograpy(m): 7:01pm On Nov 04, 2017
Do you do change of course last year?
If yes, please tell me your course and the course you changed to.
Please forgive me if am too intuitive am just trying to study my chances of making it through this year COC
Nltaliban:

Last year, only one list was released, the list contained both merit and supplementary. Reason ui released the change of course after the cutoff
Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Bobola07(m): 7:11pm On Nov 04, 2017
Nltaliban:

Yes. That's the power of social media. People who scored zero in the postume had their name on the merit list of a school some set of people call prestigious?

ui

Well said bro.

Its really pathetic... Withdrawing merit list due to irregularities.. May God help Nigeria.

UI, the first and the best.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Of Ibadan(UI) 2017/2018 Admission Thread by Nltaliban(m): 8:07pm On Nov 04, 2017
smartograpy:
Do you do change of course last year?
If yes, please tell me your course and the course you changed to.
Please forgive me if am too intuitive am just trying to study my chances of making it through this year COC

My mark wasn't even up to 50 last year. But in 2015, about 400+ candidates changed to vet medicine during the change of course

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) ... (463) (Reply)

2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide. / The Obafemi Awolowo University Admission Thread For 2014/2015 Academic Session. / Unilag 2015/2016 Admission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.