Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:58 AM

E-Volo Unveils Volocopter 2X, The 18 Rotor Flying Taxi - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / E-Volo Unveils Volocopter 2X, The 18 Rotor Flying Taxi (20336 Views)

When You Should Replace That Brake Rotor / Audi, Airbus, and Italdesign Tests “Pop.Up Next” Flying Taxi for Future Cars / United Arab Emirate Police Unveils Flying Bike(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

E-Volo Unveils Volocopter 2X, The 18 Rotor Flying Taxi by AutoReportNG: 11:06am On Apr 07, 2017
Volocopter has long since been developing their 18 rotor multi-copters, and after six years in the making, the German startup has premiered the volocopter 2X at AERO in Friedrichshafen. the 2X model marks the evolution of the VC200 prototype towards everyday use, using a battery replacement system that allows for a quick swap between journeys. the 2X also sees the streamlining of the multi- copter's design, incorporating glazed doors and upholstered leather seats into the two-man cockpit below the delicate rotor plane. the craft can also be controlled via a remote and is even capable of flying completely autonomously.

The volocopter 2X is a Vertical Take-Off and Landing (VTOL) craft powered purely by electricity, meaning the vehicle is emission free and makes very little noise in comparison to other VTOL aircraft. The ultralight aircraft is easy to manoeuvre, and following the granting of ‘multicopter’ certification, will be able to be flown by anyone with a sports pilot license. however, the those without a license need not miss out, since the volocopter plan to use the aircraft as flying taxis come 2018.

Although the design of the 2X also allows for remote-controlled or even completely autonomous flights, for the first flying taxi pilot projects, e-volo assumes the volocopter 2X will still be pilot-controlled due to currently applicable regulations. nonetheless, remote-controlled or autonomous taxi flights will be able to be carried out unmanned as necessary.

Following the granting of a ‘multicopter’ type certification that will be created under the new german UL category, the 2X is set to become available on the german market in 2018. E-volo also plan to work on developing a 4-seater copter with international approval.

Source:
http://www.autoreportng.com/2017/04/e-volo-unveils-volocopter-2x-18-rotor.html

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: E-Volo Unveils Volocopter 2X, The 18 Rotor Flying Taxi by AutoReportNG: 11:07am On Apr 07, 2017
The way the world is going at a full speed... Naija, which levels?

See more pictures here..

http://www.autoreportng.com/2017/04/e-volo-unveils-volocopter-2x-18-rotor.html

7 Likes

Re: E-Volo Unveils Volocopter 2X, The 18 Rotor Flying Taxi by obafemee80(m): 11:44am On Apr 07, 2017
We need something like this in Lagos to ease traffic woes
But it will cost a fortune grin

19 Likes

Re: E-Volo Unveils Volocopter 2X, The 18 Rotor Flying Taxi by Nobody: 6:58am On Apr 08, 2017
grin grin grin grin

These should be acquired for low level urban security surveillance and crime prevention as it should be cheaper than getting helicopters.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: E-Volo Unveils Volocopter 2X, The 18 Rotor Flying Taxi by smartty68(m): 6:59am On Apr 08, 2017
Chai. See innovation and we still dey backwards for Naija.

Na for only Naija wey gallop dey for sea and air grin

4 Likes

Re: E-Volo Unveils Volocopter 2X, The 18 Rotor Flying Taxi by Nuelton(m): 6:59am On Apr 08, 2017
Good stuff!
Re: E-Volo Unveils Volocopter 2X, The 18 Rotor Flying Taxi by Ronaldinnioh(m): 6:59am On Apr 08, 2017
Bbj
Re: E-Volo Unveils Volocopter 2X, The 18 Rotor Flying Taxi by mfujah(m): 6:59am On Apr 08, 2017
So cool
Re: E-Volo Unveils Volocopter 2X, The 18 Rotor Flying Taxi by ExAngel007(f): 7:00am On Apr 08, 2017
Beautiful!

1 Like

Re: E-Volo Unveils Volocopter 2X, The 18 Rotor Flying Taxi by clickbnkgod: 7:00am On Apr 08, 2017
Cool stuffs. But these things will be way too expensive sha

1 Like

Re: E-Volo Unveils Volocopter 2X, The 18 Rotor Flying Taxi by bmxshop: 7:00am On Apr 08, 2017
Price?
Re: E-Volo Unveils Volocopter 2X, The 18 Rotor Flying Taxi by osile2012: 7:00am On Apr 08, 2017
Nice.
Re: E-Volo Unveils Volocopter 2X, The 18 Rotor Flying Taxi by sakalisis(m): 7:01am On Apr 08, 2017
Ok
Re: E-Volo Unveils Volocopter 2X, The 18 Rotor Flying Taxi by Error111: 7:01am On Apr 08, 2017
Dear Nairalanders
Please i don't like how my skin looks very rough & unsexy, i want you to kindly suggest a good body cream for me.
I want a cream that will make my skin very soft, fresh, smooth, and fair (without bleaching)
Please i really need your suggestions.
Thanks
Re: E-Volo Unveils Volocopter 2X, The 18 Rotor Flying Taxi by fridayokoli: 7:02am On Apr 08, 2017
Chai.... Am still sleeping when i saw this post.... Nawa ooo too early...

But visit http://yoloaded.com

1 Like

Re: E-Volo Unveils Volocopter 2X, The 18 Rotor Flying Taxi by Dottore: 7:02am On Apr 08, 2017
Wowihn
Re: E-Volo Unveils Volocopter 2X, The 18 Rotor Flying Taxi by ikp120(m): 7:02am On Apr 08, 2017
Very easy to build. It uses basically the same principle a drone is based on. This is just a big drone. Anyone who can build a drone can build this and buy and install a GPS into it. I wonder why Innoson hasn't started manufacturing this kinda ride. sad sad sad

It won't cost more than $10,000 to complete, depending on the current price of the size of rotors required.

#VeryEasy

3 Likes

Re: E-Volo Unveils Volocopter 2X, The 18 Rotor Flying Taxi by anelen(m): 7:02am On Apr 08, 2017
electric poles and wire go gree make dis tin work for Niger?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: E-Volo Unveils Volocopter 2X, The 18 Rotor Flying Taxi by DIKEnaWAR: 7:02am On Apr 08, 2017
We are still importing large chunks of refurbished and fairly used kekes. That shows that we too are ready for the 22nd century. We have already advanced beyond the 21st.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: E-Volo Unveils Volocopter 2X, The 18 Rotor Flying Taxi by sleeknick: 7:03am On Apr 08, 2017
And we are here still trying to produce pencil

3 Likes

Re: E-Volo Unveils Volocopter 2X, The 18 Rotor Flying Taxi by Handsomecole(m): 7:03am On Apr 08, 2017
See the speed which other countries are using to develop, our own is based on logistics and promoting the boss nation.

embarassed

8 Likes

Re: E-Volo Unveils Volocopter 2X, The 18 Rotor Flying Taxi by herdekunley9ja(m): 7:03am On Apr 08, 2017
So beautiful..... Guy i must get 1 before i die oooo

2 Likes

Re: E-Volo Unveils Volocopter 2X, The 18 Rotor Flying Taxi by Lukenitheooo6(m): 7:04am On Apr 08, 2017
E don enter naija

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

This Electric Car Prototype Is Built For Africa’s Rural Roads / Honda E’s Dual Touchscreen Dashboard Featured In Video Demonstration / What Are The Functions Of Cruise And Over Drive On A Gear Stick?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.