Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,022 members, 7,818,024 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

Britain Says It Will Not Allow Nigeria To Break Up - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Britain Says It Will Not Allow Nigeria To Break Up (43304 Views)

Don’t allow Nigeria Free Captured Boko Haram Members – Deby Warns Chadian Troops / Wike: We Won’t Allow Nigeria Turn Into A One Party State / I Won’t Allow Nigeria To Be Dismembered -buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Britain Says It Will Not Allow Nigeria To Break Up by BMedia: 3:38pm On Apr 07, 2017
mandax:

Another black African, with slave mentality let loose from the zoo.

Was there any country created to be indivisible?

A country can only exist as far as it is serving the needs of the people who came together to agree to belong to the country.

It is even suspected that the British man did not say what was credited to him in Kogi state. Even if he did, don't believe that Britain shall send army to fight Biafra for your Muslim/Fulani Empire Nigeria. That's like fighting together and sending arms to Islamic terrorists.

US and Britain will NEVER sell weapons to your Muslim/Fulani army to fight Biafra in today's world. No British or US soldier shall side with your quasi Boko Haram Janjhaweeds forces to fight Biafra.

Love peaceful Resolution of Issues - Use Referendum, as the British used it in Brexit and in Scotland.

It's stupid your dependence on war. After war, issues that caused war are still settled on the negotiation table.

1. There's no such thing as muslim/fulani army, but the Nigerian army made up of Ibos, Yorubas, Hausas and other ethnicities, which has churches in all its barracks and clergy men. The same Nigerian army which the UK aided during the war to crush biafran rebels 50 years ago.

2. Nobody wants war, but if that's the option chosen by ipob rebels, then they will receive it in full measure. It's clear from my original post that a referendum is now totally out of the question, so the rebels are left with only one option if they refuse to be obedient and law abiding Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Britain Says It Will Not Allow Nigeria To Break Up by Nobody: 3:39pm On Apr 07, 2017
oyinkinola:

hun-un!
no wonder we hear the smell here!

grin grin grin, my friend.

I don't know why he didn't complain to Theresa May, na me he dey vex for
Re: Britain Says It Will Not Allow Nigeria To Break Up by BMedia: 3:41pm On Apr 07, 2017
saintandsinnerz:

So the issue now is about the number of states the Igbos should secede with ? Hmm, that's in interesting! By the way, which region are you from and what's your contribution to national purse?

1. Yes, use your tongue to count your teeth.

2. Poor attempt at derailing the thread.
Re: Britain Says It Will Not Allow Nigeria To Break Up by Nobody: 3:41pm On Apr 07, 2017
ifenes:

They gave you your God, your language, your new culture. They are indeed your God.
did they also gave the hausa's the language ?. And what do you even know about culture ?
Re: Britain Says It Will Not Allow Nigeria To Break Up by discusant: 3:44pm On Apr 07, 2017
obailala:
The real thing we should be fighting for, and which I believe is achievable is the implementation of Confab reports; return the damn country to its structure before 66.

I just shake my head in pity when I see people with outpouring emotions running around shouting Biafra Biafra! Most ridiculous is the fact that 95% of the agitators picked up the idea just moments after their preferred candidate lost an election. undecided

Balkanising a country isn't beans, Nnamdi Kanu wasn't too far from the truth when he said the only way to break a country is through war. Is it really worth it plunging the nation into such needless crisis when the most fundamental issue (i.e. quality leadership) has not been addressed?

You first called Nigeria a damn country. Later, you hit hard on IPOB agitating for Biafra to leave the damn country.
So whither your intelligence?

Life of parasitism continues to becloud your intelligence; because once you call a country a damn country, that means the country is dysfunctional. So why do you quarrel with groups that want to leave Nigeria?

3 Likes

Re: Britain Says It Will Not Allow Nigeria To Break Up by Nobody: 3:45pm On Apr 07, 2017
kingthreat:
\

They made you. They gave you their language. They gave you their dressing. They gave you their technology. If they want Nigeria broken today, we will be. But unfortunately they don't. Biafra my anoos
incase you don't know, they did all these for their own economic selfish reasons which till today they are still benefiting from.

They don't have any say my dear, if a large number of every component want to leave, not even Britain can stop it.

2 Likes

Re: Britain Says It Will Not Allow Nigeria To Break Up by nolly121: 3:47pm On Apr 07, 2017
Nnamdi Kanu must hear this

Re: Britain Says It Will Not Allow Nigeria To Break Up by lordinoh(m): 3:49pm On Apr 07, 2017
So ur survival is dependent on what UK and US think of you. I wish a happy slavery.
BMedia:
This means several things:

1. The US is also in support of one Nigeria because the UK and the US are long standing allies that never go against one another, especially on issues of sovereignty.

2. The UK and US are the most powerful members of the UN with veto powers, so a UN sponsored/supervised referendum is out of the question; it's just not happening.

3. In the event of military engagement in the quest for biafra, the UK and US will be on Nigeria's side again and defend her sovereignty (through sale of weapons or outright participation in the melee) like they did in 1967.

4. The Nigerian government now has even more impetus to prosecute and punish Nnamdi Kanu, a Briton, with this renewed UK support for an indivisible Nigeria.

5. The IPOB propaganda to paint Nigeria in bad light through fraudulent claims so as to gain the sympathy / support of the international community, has failed woefully.

What a sad day for the Liepods.

2 Likes

Re: Britain Says It Will Not Allow Nigeria To Break Up by efeski(m): 3:50pm On Apr 07, 2017
saintandsinnerz:

So the issue now is about the number of states the Igbos should secede with ? Hmm, that's in interesting! By the way, which region are you from and what's your contribution to national purse?

stop splitting hairs mate.
what he said (1.) is the gospel truth.
BTW I'm from Delta state isoko and Urhobo by tribe.
the largest oil gas plant this side of west Africa Otorogun Gas plant is in my community.

and you folks need to cool it with the hate mongering. all these talk of zoo this paedophile that. it's not helping your cause both home and abroad

3 Likes

Re: Britain Says It Will Not Allow Nigeria To Break Up by meccuno: 3:51pm On Apr 07, 2017
Foxflames:
Fake news! Please let's us try to use our sense.

This is what Paul arkwright said:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/04/oil-gas-not-nigerias-important-resources-people-arkwright/

He never mentioned biafra in his speech. Let's not support fake news and bloggers
Re: Britain Says It Will Not Allow Nigeria To Break Up by BudeYahooCom: 3:52pm On Apr 07, 2017
Britain a dead weight country that produces NOTHING apart from stashing looted funds from thieving African looters and passing the cost of running their universities to poor foreigners seeking International education.

Just like the days of Lugard, nigeria's continued existence serves their purpose, Shell will continue to be allowed to drill oil by the hausa-fulani house niggars and remit hard currency to their coffers something Biafra will consider an abomination when the time comes.

Nigeria will die a natural death and not even from Biafran causes. Lies don't live forever.

The funny thing is the Afonja slaves who can't even ask true questions thinks Britain means well for them. See them taunting IPOB from their muddy IDP camp brown roofs on an empty stomach and hailing Britain because Britain indirectly say Oduduwa will never exist. Even IPOB feeds better than them while their parents go.around begging for alms all over Oyo and Ogun state. Ask the miserable coneheads how nigeria has bettered their miserable lives, they'll be moping at you like confused morons! Pathetic slaves! grin grin

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Britain Says It Will Not Allow Nigeria To Break Up by meccuno: 3:53pm On Apr 07, 2017
PetroleumJelly:
True true, they never mentioned Biafra on the guardian article.

Na wa for nairaland sha
Re: Britain Says It Will Not Allow Nigeria To Break Up by Nobody: 3:54pm On Apr 07, 2017
Were you expecting the envoy to call for a breakup by expressing support for it?.
Truth be told, Britain in modern times can't unilaterally prevent a breakup.
Otherwise where was she when India and Sudan broke up?.

1 Like

Re: Britain Says It Will Not Allow Nigeria To Break Up by naijaking1: 3:57pm On Apr 07, 2017
The mere tone of allowing or not allowing Nigeria to go either way is actually very insulting more than 50 years after independence. Can you imagine Britain saying they will not allow US, India, or even China to do XYZ?

Shitting on Nigeria is all Britain is good for, nothing more. If you think those hungry Brits have a good will for Nigeria or Africa as whole, think again. They couldn't compete in EU, so revival of their long lost glory through the commonwealth is their cheap way of staying afloat. Unfortunately they fool the same group of people all the time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Britain Says It Will Not Allow Nigeria To Break Up by obailala(m): 3:57pm On Apr 07, 2017
discusant:

You first called Nigeria a damn country. Later, you hit hard on IPOB agitating for Biafra to leave the damn country.
So whither your intelligence?

Life of parasitism continues to becloud your intelligence; because once you call a country a damn country, that means the country is dysfunctional. So why do you quarrel with groups that want to leave Nigeria?

Where is my intelligence?... My intelligence rests in the fact that when I find something dysfunctional, I consider the most practical option which is 'to fix it.' Restructure Nigeria and all the main issues which drive the secession agitations will be solved. Restructuring is also a far more achievable target that the expensive venture of total balkanisation which would most likely be achieved through needless crisis and bloodshed.

I'm not sure I grab what you mean by your parasitism statement.
Re: Britain Says It Will Not Allow Nigeria To Break Up by discusant: 3:57pm On Apr 07, 2017
obailala:
The real thing we should be fighting for, and which I believe is achievable is the implementation of Confab reports; return the damn country to its structure before 66.

I just shake my head in pity when I see people with outpouring emotions running around shouting Biafra Biafra! Most ridiculous is the fact that 95% of the agitators picked up the idea just moments after their preferred candidate lost an election. undecided

Balkanising a country isn't beans, Nnamdi Kanu wasn't too far from the truth when he said the only way to break a country is through war. Is it really worth it plunging the nation into such needless crisis when the most fundamental issue (i.e. quality leadership) has not been addressed?

How do you address quality leadership? Conduct elections from now till next 100 years in Nigeria as presently structured, a cow from northern Nigeria must win a most qualified professor of Law or Economics from southern Nigeria, so long as northern Nigeria wants to have the presidency in the north.

A presidential candidate needs 25% of votes in 24 states to win. But northern soldiers wrongly used land mass as criterion and created 20 new federal units (19 states + Abuja) and hundreds of local govt areas in the ONE REGION north; but allowed only 17 states and fewer local govt areas in once TWO REGIONS South. This is the fraud. Land mass is never used as criterion to create new states or new regions or provinces in a federal country.

It is like dividing California and Texas into about 6 states each, but divide other smaller US states into two states each. Such fraud can't happen in the US, but it happened in Nigeria. This is one of the reasons why IPOB wants out of Nigeria.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Britain Says It Will Not Allow Nigeria To Break Up by Codes151(m): 3:58pm On Apr 07, 2017
I don't support Biafra but uk should just shut up make I no vex!

See what pmb has caused!!? Too many pre-intimacy with Britain! Useless country
Re: Britain Says It Will Not Allow Nigeria To Break Up by dozymars(m): 3:59pm On Apr 07, 2017
This statement from Britain should worry every Nigerian.
Why should britain dictate what happens in Nigeria, it simply shows how they control our affairs.

2 Likes

Re: Britain Says It Will Not Allow Nigeria To Break Up by brownhawk: 3:59pm On Apr 07, 2017
Igbos will nearly be in tears right now but will try to man up small

1 Like

Re: Britain Says It Will Not Allow Nigeria To Break Up by Dedetwo(m): 4:00pm On Apr 07, 2017
obailala:

Arrant nonsense!! We have been to this path and it did not work. The only viable solution now is total and irrevocable disintegration of the cesspit called Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Britain Says It Will Not Allow Nigeria To Break Up by breakeven: 4:01pm On Apr 07, 2017
Of course it favours them for Nigeria to remain as the zoo republic. Na today?

1 Like

Re: Britain Says It Will Not Allow Nigeria To Break Up by BudeYahooCom: 4:01pm On Apr 07, 2017
dozymars:
This statement from Britain should worry every Nigerian.
Why should britain dictate what happens in Nigeria, it simply shows how they control our affairs.

The pro-lugardian morons can't think for themselves. 21st century slaves!

3 Likes

Re: Britain Says It Will Not Allow Nigeria To Break Up by gemini35(m): 4:02pm On Apr 07, 2017
spartan117:
I'm with britain on dis
if it start i,knw many country wll back biafrans cus their yansh has been exposed by nnamdi kanu,they want us to remain one for their selfish interest,milking us dry still deporting our citizen,s,all the countries that france colonised have free visato france,but our,s is different shame on bretain,shame on those that shout one nigeria,

3 Likes

Re: Britain Says It Will Not Allow Nigeria To Break Up by farouk0403(m): 4:04pm On Apr 07, 2017
Billyonaire:

And you are infusing more pessimism into the cock-tale of tribalism

i am not against you, your motives is good.

but mine is the fact that we cant run away from it.
Re: Britain Says It Will Not Allow Nigeria To Break Up by Nobody: 4:09pm On Apr 07, 2017
farouk0403:

i am not against you, your motives is good.

but mine is the fact that we cant run away from it.
We ? Do you speak for a certain demographic ?
Re: Britain Says It Will Not Allow Nigeria To Break Up by gemini35(m): 4:11pm On Apr 07, 2017
sweerychick:
No one is advocating for Nigeria's breakup. But address the fundamental issues on ground. Tribalism, religious crisis and corruption tongue
sister,did you know that 12 state in the north are practing sharia law,recently they said the want to judge kanu with sharia law,and daft one,s are here shouting one nigeria,did you know what boko h are figting for? Islamic state,every senseble adult,should,nt be bias and sentimental about this,i,m a biafran and we must get their,
Re: Britain Says It Will Not Allow Nigeria To Break Up by uckennety(m): 4:14pm On Apr 07, 2017
Lexusgs430:
They might as well come and recolonize us.....

D won't colonize us again because we are neo-colonized already
Re: Britain Says It Will Not Allow Nigeria To Break Up by gemini35(m): 4:16pm On Apr 07, 2017
Balyz:
I particularly like point number 2 as it perpetually puts to rest any thought of a UN supervised referendum, leaving IPOB with only one option which is terrorism, then we can get the UN to declare them an international terrorist organization like ETA and PKK. Igbos clearly underestimated the strength of the forces they elected to go up against grin
HE IS JUST AND AMBASSADOR TO UK ,HE JUST SAID IT TO GIVE THE NORTH COURAGE,BIAFRA IS HERE ALREADY,HE,S AFRAID OF LOSING WHAT HE IS GAINING IF BIAFRA COME,S

1 Like

Re: Britain Says It Will Not Allow Nigeria To Break Up by farouk0403(m): 4:18pm On Apr 07, 2017
Billyonaire:
We ? Do you speak for a certain demographic ?

ofcourse yes, including you.
Re: Britain Says It Will Not Allow Nigeria To Break Up by bilazego(m): 4:20pm On Apr 07, 2017
BMedia:
This means several things:

1. The US is also in support of one Nigeria because the UK and the US are long standing allies that never go against one another, especially on issues of sovereignty.

2. The UK and US are the most powerful members of the UN with veto powers, so a UN sponsored/supervised referendum is out of the question; it's just not happening.

3. In the event of military engagement in the quest for biafra, the UK and US will be on Nigeria's side again and defend her sovereignty (through sale of weapons or outright participation in the melee) like they did in 1967.

4. The Nigerian government now has even more impetus to prosecute and punish Nnamdi Kanu, a Briton, with this renewed UK support for an indivisible Nigeria.

5. The IPOB propaganda to paint Nigeria in bad light through fraudulent claims so as to gain the sympathy / support of the international community, has failed woefully.

What a sad day for the Liepods.

The decision isn't that of Britain.
Re: Britain Says It Will Not Allow Nigeria To Break Up by obailala(m): 4:21pm On Apr 07, 2017
discusant:

How do you address quality leadership? Conduct elections from now till next 100 years in Nigeria as presently structured, a cow from northern Nigeria must win a most qualified professor of Law or Economics from southern Nigeria, so long as northern Nigeria wants to have the presidency in the north.

A presidential candidate needs 25% of votes in 24 states to win. But northern soldiers wrongly used land mass as criterion and created 20 new federal units (19 states and Abuja) with hundreds of local govt areas in the ONE REGION north; but allowed only 17 states and fewer local govt areas in once TWO REGIONS South. This is the fraud. Land mass is never used as criterion to create new states or new regions or provinces in a federal country.

It is like dividing California and Texas into about 6 states each, but divide other smaller US states into two states each. Such fraud can't happen in the US, but it happened in Nigeria. This is one of the reasons why IPOB want out of Nigeria.
I was referring to leadership at the local level; governors, LGA chairmen, senators, reps etc. Quoting the words of Soludo in the video below:
"o bu ndi awusa n'achi n'alaigbo?.. o bu ndi yoruba n'achi n'alaigbo?"

The last time I checked, an Igbo man rules the 5 SE states + 2 SS states today, and there have never been a time in Nigeria's history when we heard that monthly allocation was withheld from any of these states. Just like every other region in Nigeria, we also have similar set of misfits serving as leaders in the eastern region without any form of social revolution against their wickedness/incompetence.. We haven't made any attempt to solve this leadership issue, yet we just believe 100% that the factor holding down development is the man sitting in Abuja; misplaced priorities!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sw_f9lkZ2ck

By the way, regarding the over-flogged defeatist talk about the north having the largest population and LGAs/representatives etc, I personally don't believe that holds any water. Divide and rule is allowed and I'm very sure the north central who we always conveniently lump in together as 'north' are equally tired of the dominance of the far north and will take a stand with the south if and only if the south sorts out its divided house.
Re: Britain Says It Will Not Allow Nigeria To Break Up by Sanchez01: 4:22pm On Apr 07, 2017
mandax:

Another black African, with slave mentality let loose from the zoo.

Was there any country created to be indivisible?
It is very funny how people's opinions would get on your nerves. It doesn't differentiate you from the illiterate, common northerner.

A country can only exist as far as it is serving the needs of the people who came together to agree to belong to the country.
Wrong! There are several countries that are in existence today that do not benefit its people. Zimbabwe is an example of such country. The country is solely for the President and his cabinet and the people are not cared for. Spain is another country. These two countries don't even see to their needs being met either from a divide or general. The same goes for North Korea. If these countries have their way, they would either break away or kill their leaders. However, just like Spain that shares a similar plight with Nigeria right now, Catalans have the right to secede even as they claim they share nothing with Spain. We all know the story till date.

It is even suspected that the British man did not say what was credited to him in Kogi state. Even if he did, don't believe that Britain shall send army to fight Biafra for your Muslim/Fulani Empire Nigeria. That's like fighting together and sending arms to Islamic terrorists.
Apparently you don't know what the western world is capable of just to protect its interest. France sold weapons to Nigerians and Biafrans while the same Britain stood by Nigeria. To what end? Simple, Trade deals and freebies.

US and Britain will NEVER sell weapons to your Muslim/Fulani army to fight Biafra in today's world. No British or US soldier shall side with your quasi Boko Haram Janjhaweeds forces to fight Biafra.
Either you are naive or ignorant of this. These countries don't know Muslims from Christians so long profits and trades are involved. Ask Donald Trump! Most of the rebels in Africa today are funded by these very same people. France made profits from both Nigeria and Biafra by selling weapons to both. The best weapons went to the person with the most money and trade deals. It is that simple.

Love peaceful Resolution of Issues - Use Referendum, as the British used it in Brexit and in Scotland.
It is funny how you people embrace peace when the chips are down. I have mentioned it several times that the only way around this is peace but an average semi-illiterate who calls himself a Biafran would chant 'Biafra or death' and when his colleagues are shot, he cries and curse like a child. Those behind the agitation are not helping in any way. Their approach and the brainwashing they have passed on is that of violence and profanity. You hear them call for the destruction of Nigeria and you expect the President to remain calm over war threats?

It's stupid your dependence on war. After war, issues that caused war are still settled on the negotiation table.
The person you quoted didn't call for war. And just like I mentioned on several threads, the so called folks deluding themselves and calling for war are those that were born recently and they even find it hard to translate the pictures that are often shared all over. You have politicians who are not even interested in the ideology as they are hell bent on keeping their positions. Find out what Catalan politicians are doing and how vocal they have been.

The contradiction is on you as most of what you preached are what your The fellow agitators kick against. For them it is Biafra or death.

The same Kanu who claimed he was a Brit, thinking they would come to his rescue stayed mum. Trust me, the bigger picture here is not Nigeria but Britain as she would do anything to protecting her interest.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Afenifere Leader Pa Ayo Adebanjo Leads Obi Campaign In Ibadan / Buhari Has A Dead Brain- Patience Jonathan. / Hadiza Shagari Dies Of COVID-19 Complications

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.