Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,060 members, 7,953,197 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:14 PM

Davido To Be Sued For N7Million Dud Cheque For New Car (Photos) - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Davido To Be Sued For N7Million Dud Cheque For New Car (Photos) (38981 Views)

Orezi Threatens To Disgrace A Male Celebrity Owing Him Over Dud Cheque / Lawyer To Car Dealer Gives Davido Seven Days Ultimatum Over Dud Cheque (Photos) / A'rese's N7million SUV Has Been Stolen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Davido To Be Sued For N7Million Dud Cheque For New Car (Photos) by Oletubo(m): 1:24am On Apr 08, 2017
"Seven Million, four hundred million Naira!
Which Kain Lawyer be this?
Re: Davido To Be Sued For N7Million Dud Cheque For New Car (Photos) by DrogoG(m): 1:28am On Apr 08, 2017
Iamwrath:
In short you think i am right bi ??
- Don't be naive. There are many rich kids who still engage in petty theft and think they can get away with it.
that one dey , but i doubt Davido is trying to rob the car dealer
- Well, that's your opinion. You don't know him personally, so it's reckless to vouch for him.

- That's not the case. Artists or business people don't f*uck with their bank account because that's where they receive their money.
In reality , Monies go to their manager who advises them on investments and prospective deals
- Your response has nothing to do with the BVN suggestion.

- I don't think so. His father has no right to his bank account unless he's a co-signee, which is not the case. Why would his father even try that? His son's money isn't his. Davido is an adult and won't like it.
Last month Davido uploaded his bank's statement showing he spent 180M in one month , a responsible father would step in
- Did you confirm if the Statement was genuine? I'm sure you didn't. You're gullible. I believe Davido and his father are rich, and either of them can spend 180M in a month just buying properties, but I'm not gonna believe a bank's statement simply because it came from Davibo. The bank's statement may or may not be genuine. Artists boast a lot.

- This is plausible. But why would he want to pay for his private car directly from his company's account instead of his personal account? It would only make sense if he's broke, but that's not the case.
This depends on who is the Boss or founder of the company , if he is , he might want to make such withdrawals and the said car would be used by the whole company
- No Nigerian artist will buy a Mercedes-Benz GLE 450 as a company car. I believe Davido wanted it for private use. If the car was actually for company use, then the company would have bought the car without having this dud cheque problem. You can cash a genuine company cheque even after the particular company closes for the day, and bank is open.

- Very plausible. Why would any sane person accept cheques (especially in Nigeria) when there are easy options to transfer money to your bank account directly?
I agree with you , but maybe he didn't use / bring his token, it's required for transfers above 500K
- A serious businessman or artist should be able to transfer money from any location. We're in 2017 not 1980.

- Davido messed up big time with his dud cheque. It will be difficult for anyone to trust and accept his cheques from now on.
Provided that the story is true , Maybe , but i believe Davido's credibility surpasses that of some others
- When you issue a dud cheque, your credibility takes a diminishing hit, no matter who you're. A dud cheque is a cheque that cannot be paid because the person who wrote it has no money or not enough money in their bank account.
Re: Davido To Be Sued For N7Million Dud Cheque For New Car (Photos) by smileysmiles(f): 4:41am On Apr 08, 2017
Iamwrath:
Lol

I strongly believe Davido did not issue a dud cheque , first because his dad is rich , second because he's rich and third because his family is rich

It's either he's not done BVN

Or his Dad placed restriction on his account for excessive spendings

Or it's OBO /HKN company account he is making the withdrawal from and they didn't agree with him

Or the bank called to verify the cheque but he was too drunk or high to confirm it

Let's watch the story unfold

And the so called Law firm's letter stated ONE MILLION FOUR HUNDRED MILLION NAIRA ( could this be why bank didn't pay) ?

You didn't join the "haters bandwagon" Instead you actually gave it a thought before responding. You're Awesome!
Re: Davido To Be Sued For N7Million Dud Cheque For New Car (Photos) by Iamwrath: 7:48am On Apr 08, 2017
I am no hater , i am a lover , thanks for the compliment , you are sweet wink
smileysmiles:

You didn't join the "haters bandwagon" Instead you actually gave it a thought before responding. You're Awesome!
Re: Davido To Be Sued For N7Million Dud Cheque For New Car (Photos) by Iamwrath: 7:51am On Apr 08, 2017
I give up , Take your beef up with David on twitter
DrogoG:

- Well, that's your opinion. You don't know him personally, so it's reckless to vouch for him.

- Your response has nothing to do with the BVN suggestion.

- Did you confirm if the Statement was genuine? I'm sure you didn't. You're gullible. I believe Davido and his father are rich, and either of them can spend 180M in a month just buying properties, but I'm not gonna believe a bank's statement simply because it came from Davibo. The bank's statement may or may not be genuine. Artists boast a lot.

- No Nigerian artist will buy a Mercedes-Benz GLE 450 as a company car. I believe Davido wanted it for private use. If the car was actually for company use, then the company would have bought the car without having this dud cheque problem. You can cash a genuine company cheque even after the particular company closes for the day, and bank is open.

- A serious businessman or artist should be able to transfer money from any location. We're in 2017 not 1980.

- When you issue a dud cheque, your credibility takes a diminishing hit, no matter who you're. A dud cheque is a cheque that cannot be paid because the person who wrote it has no money or not enough money in their bank account.
Re: Davido To Be Sued For N7Million Dud Cheque For New Car (Photos) by Iamwrath: 7:55am On Apr 08, 2017
No , please enlighten me

And please do you understand anything i wrote above ?
bluecircle470:

Do you know the meaning of dud check at all?
Re: Davido To Be Sued For N7Million Dud Cheque For New Car (Photos) by Iamwrath: 8:15am On Apr 08, 2017
My brother , carry your beef to David's instagram page

he uploaded his account statement during his beef

haters gon hate

TheLordIsGr8:

Some months sha. Not all months.

Well, you don't take somebody like Davido on his word. Call me when you see his statement of account.

Nigerians and hype be like C. Ronaldo and Goals

More flawed logic.
Same logic that says "hunger" is the reason people kill. But we know from history that the people who have killed most human beings are people whose stomachs were full ala Stalin, Hitler, Mao....etc. So fyi having money does not automatically translate to spending it.

Anyway, Did you stop to think that maybe he was using another account with insufficient funds? Perhaps he made a mistake or something or he thought about trying his hands on "yahoo yahoo" grin since he says he is done with music.
Re: Davido To Be Sued For N7Million Dud Cheque For New Car (Photos) by riccadonna(f): 7:03pm On Apr 18, 2017
Lolz...I no marry Davido again oooooo. He is broke.
Re: Davido To Be Sued For N7Million Dud Cheque For New Car (Photos) by Ugobest007: 8:22pm On Apr 18, 2017
Nawa ooh.... So Davido dey owe debt come dey sing 30 million for the account....

Please he should come and invest in bitcoins.

By the way we sell and buy bitcoins, perfect money, PayPal etc.. jst visit us at nairaomm.com to place an order.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Olamide Signs Picazo Rap To YBNL / Amaechi Pictured Yesterday, Taking A Stroll With His Amiable Wife! / Comedian Mr Patrick Calls Out Friends Trying To Get Him Deported From The US(vid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.