Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,236 members, 7,846,109 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

Student Visa Issues Effecting Relationship Decelopment - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Student Visa Issues Effecting Relationship Decelopment (267 Views)

Lady On Student Visa Was Deported From US And Banned For 5 Years; See Why (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Student Visa Issues Effecting Relationship Decelopment by insideout245: 2:48pm On Apr 07, 2017
I have been dating a guy from Nigeria who says his on a student visa for 1 month. Im was born in the UK.<br>
I really do like my boyfriend but my gut instinct is telling me he is using me to get his stay in the UK, but im not sure.
I know this sounds harsh but I told him from the outset that I will in no way help him get his papers in the UK not even in the name of love.
He says he loves me, wants to marry me and have children with me. The issue I have is his pressurizing me to have sex and I keep telling him im not ready and I would prefer it if we spend our time getting to know each other because I told him I dont know him. He has not taken me on any dates yet and has made no effort. He only wants us to meet in each other house. I really do like him but I really want to see if the relationship is more than sex and him using me to get his stay in the UK.
He says his student visa expires in feb 2018 and he keeps hinting he wants to get married before his visa expires but i told him its too early for me to marry anyone within a year of knowing them. I thought it sounded strange that he only works twice a week and when I ask him how he can afford a wedding he says his family will pay it for him and the wedding will be in a registry office. Im really concerned.
I said we can still continue to date even if he goes back to nigeria but he says he does not think a long distant relationship between us will work as if he is not able to get back to the UK he says the relationship will break down. Am I being parnoid? Im not sure what to do? Would you ask my boyfriend further questions/watch him or end it?
Re: Student Visa Issues Effecting Relationship Decelopment by emman44(m): 3:43pm On Apr 07, 2017
u have to be careful cos marriage is not easy as it seems especially if u re in with a wrong partner. let go of him if he can't wait.
Re: Student Visa Issues Effecting Relationship Decelopment by Nobody: 3:51pm On Apr 07, 2017
Your are not paranoid my dear. Ur fears nd suspicion r spot on.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Let Scanning Solutions Enhance Your Workflow / Start And Upgrade Your Modeling Career For Free / What's Your Relationship Status And Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.