Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,596 members, 7,823,599 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA (28801 Views)

Chinaza Asiegbu Accepted Into 8 Ivy League Schools In US. Photos / Treasures Olawunmi Bayo To Break 113 Hours Reading Marathon World Record / Jude Okonkwo Accepted Into All Ivy League School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by vickertony(m): 6:53am On Apr 08, 2017
Lovely stuff congrats.

Unlike the slay queens, slay mamas, slayers down here with no brains!grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by AshiwajuFoward: 8:15am On Apr 08, 2017
YonkijiSappo:
Hhaha, some people are dying of hate o!
5 Ivy list schools and other top Universities such as the University of Chicago on her list, but to them, they are still "mushroom schools", simply because the girl in question does not have 'yam legs' and a hairy upper lip. cheesy

Guy, abeg tell them say you can't get any more Ivy League than Harvard, Princeton, Stanford, Duke and Cornell. If those three could deem her worthy then the haters will prolly go and hang coz the rest na mere icing on the cake.

Kenshiiii edit your top post and tell dem.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by Nobody: 8:17am On Apr 08, 2017
Guestlander:

Where did you get your own degree from? Harvard or Princeton?

CHINEKE. ...you ruthlessly finished the guy grin Kilode!

Those trying to belittle her achievements don't know that all these prestigious schools are very exclusive.

Getting admission into a single one is a herculean task.

And...What's the difference between 14 universities and 11? You would only go to 1 of them at once not all 14.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by Nobody: 8:17am On Apr 08, 2017
Kenshiiii:
Wow!! 14 schools including Harvard and Princeton, University of Chicago and Stanford! That's a lot. Aji se bi Oyo la n ri, awa o kin se egbe baba enikan

Yet! this is small fry to us . I saw some people from the land of the rising Mark Nsukabags self sharing Gala/fanyogo on some threads few days back mentioning Yoruba all over the place lol. Lmaooo they actually think Yorubas are competing with them cheesy grin

Kiiiiids, call us the day you produce a Nobel and 10 Grammy award winners then we can talk. Y'all still beneath us. Facts! Please don't get carried away . Applying to all Ivy league schools is a choice. It's not necessary when you are sure of getting into the one you applied to

Tell me about the Grammys bigoted fool

2 Likes

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by Sultan5(m): 8:17am On Apr 08, 2017
Kenshiiii:
Wow!! 14 schools including Harvard and Princeton, University of Chicago and Stanford! That's a lot. Aji se bi Oyo la n ri, awa o kin se egbe baba enikan

Yet! this is small fry to us . I saw some people from the land of the rising Mark Nsukabags self sharing Gala/fanyogo on some threads few days back mentioning Yoruba all over the place lol. Lmaooo they actually think Yorubas are competing with them cheesy grin

Kiiiiids, call us the day you produce a Nobel and 10 Grammy award winners then we can talk. Y'all still beneath us. Facts! Please don't get carried away . Applying to all Ivy league schools is a choice. It's not necessary when you are sure of getting into the one you applied to

Sharing in the victory of others instead of fighting for your own. SMH

Am waiting for a day where we will hear of a NIGERIAN, success and all celebrate without igbos, yorubas or hausa using it to fire cheap shots at each other.

Personally I feel it's better to boast of my achievements than to boast of others whether they be my parents, siblings or kinsmen

1 Like

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by rowanMama(f): 8:23am On Apr 08, 2017

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by carammel(f): 8:25am On Apr 08, 2017
Kenshiiii:

LMAO, you people will not kill somebody with laughter. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by Destined2win: 8:26am On Apr 08, 2017
Kenshiiii:
The developers from the land of the rising Mark Nsukabags are already crying on the thread as usual cheesy

Oya e gba biscuit grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by TheVictorious(m): 8:26am On Apr 08, 2017
I'm now the Refree:

IPOB 3 - 1 AFONJA

#Scores

5 Likes

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by ExcessKJ(m): 8:28am On Apr 08, 2017
OkoYiboz:

Cornell, Duke, Stanford, Princeton, Harvard are mushroom schools?

Are you aware that the standards there are so high that if an Igbo man drops out of any of them, the elders in Igboland would confer him with a chieftaincy title?

I don't think you're Igbo, Ndigbo aren't this daft.

Easy bro
Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by OluDare01(m): 8:30am On Apr 08, 2017
See people throwing shades at one another.
Nawa o
Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by Exciton(m): 8:33am On Apr 08, 2017
Foolish people doing Yoruba vs Igbo ivy league school acceptance rate for some kids whose future don dey guaranteed, while our kids don't have access to good schools.

The future generation will, very likely, grow up to hate the current youth cos we just might be the weakest and most ignorant crop of Nigerians ever.

3 Likes

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by AreaFada2: 8:36am On Apr 08, 2017
igwebuike01:
14 mushroom universities The type of glorified secondary school our minister of finance finished from Wake me up when she is admitted by ALL IVY LEAGUE UNIVERSITITES

What?

Do you know of Princeton, Harvard, Cornell? shocked shocked shocked

Other Ivy league you may not know are Brown, Dartmouth, Columbia, Wharton. They may not be popular but highly rated as Ivy league.

The only major ones missing there are Yale and the above. I would rate John Hopkins even above some Ivy league especially in Medicine.
Her biology degree is just a pre-med degree.

Most Ivy league will know that such a brilliant student will be wanted by others too.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by adeniyi3971(m): 8:36am On Apr 08, 2017
this feat can only be achieved in the American soil.. I'm impressed, Yoruba's are killing it!!

University of Chicago! ooo how I love you

meanwhile the people of the rising fraud are wailing!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by oodua1stson: 8:37am On Apr 08, 2017
igbofocus:
this is good................ all i see is competition
the kain pimple wey full the girl face ehn, na to become reverend sister after school remain o!
but wait o................. 14 schools vs 8 ivy league schools which one better pass?

#IGBOs blaze the trail, others copy them!

IGBO AMAKA!
not trying to burst your bubble but the schools listed up there are also ivy leagues

Thanks grin

11 Likes

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by khalids: 8:38am On Apr 08, 2017
Funny, half the people making noise here can't even get into University of Maiduguri........
The lady is a Nigerian, and she has made us proud.
Case closed...all this noise making is just bullshit

Both Igbo's and Yoruba's are gifted and brilliant people, this unhealthy competition is not needed. If there should be any competition it should be the progressive type.......

If i hear things like who can build the most beautiful state and its actually done, i will be happy, who pays the highest salary and i see it being implemented, I will be happy......

But all this one you guys doing is just pooo......of zero benefit to no one

7 Likes

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by oodua1stson: 8:40am On Apr 08, 2017
Sunnynwa:

Dude, the Igbo lads are receiving offers from all 8 Ivy League schools and this one only managed 5 Ivy League schools.

If e no be panadol, e no fit be like panadol.

However, congratulations to the girl. She's done well for herself
ate the schools listed up there not ivy league?

1 Like

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by seenter84: 8:40am On Apr 08, 2017
Tribal war over someones achivements .
Na wa nigerians

1 Like

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by Nobody: 8:45am On Apr 08, 2017
grin grin grin. Laugh wan kill me.
Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by weyab: 8:46am On Apr 08, 2017
Lombardi:
Prince George's County Student Accepted to 14 Colleges

A talented high school student in Prince George's County has a big decision to make soon -- she was accepted to 14 colleges and universities, including Harvard, Princeton and Stanford.

Olawunmi Akinlemibola, a senior at DuVal High School in Lanham, Maryland, was accepted to Ivy League schools, the University of Maryland and several other institutions.

The 18-year-old has a 4.15 GPA and already has earned college credit. She works hard for her success, her guidance counselor, Stacy Kline, said.
"I'm just amazed by her," she said. "It's the internal drive that she has."

Akinlemibola said her family's support is key. She lives with her father, but her mother and two sisters are home in Nigeria, where she was born. In a recent interview, she began to cry as she spoke about her mother.

"Even though she's not here physically, she takes care of me. Emotionally, she provides a lot of support," the student said. She hopes her family will be reunited this year.

Akinlemibola said part of what drives her to succeed is a sense that she has opportunities her parents didn't have.
"They’ve just gone through so much, and it's like, this is like the least I can do, is do well in school," she said.
Here's where Akinlemibola was accepted, according to WTOP:

Emory University
Brown University
University of Maryland, Baltimore County
University of Maryland, College Park
Swarthmore College
Grinnell College
Amherst College
University of Chicago
Duke University
Stanford University
Cornell University
Princeton University
Harvard University
University of Pennsylvania

Akinlemibola said Stanford is the front-runner. She would study biology and, with scholarships, pay just $300 per year in tuition.

Source: http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Prince-Georges-County-Student-Accepted-to-14-Colleges-418687613.html

DID SHE TAKE JAMB?
Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by davidbanner(m): 8:48am On Apr 08, 2017
OkoYiboz:

Cornell, Duke, Stanford, Princeton, Harvard are mushroom schools?

Are you aware that the standards there are so high that if an Igbo man drops out of any of them, the elders in Igboland would confer him with a chieftaincy title?

I don't think you're Igbo, Ndigbo aren't this daft.

this got me Laughing.... afonjas all d way

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by Funjosh(m): 8:51am On Apr 08, 2017
Comedians just full this thread grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by ipodstinks: 8:51am On Apr 08, 2017
sean1000x:
Afonjas dragging feet with Igbos as if Igbos are their mate. They were up all night yesterday searching, searching, searching for a yorubaa who was accepted to ALL IVY league schools, they couldn't find one, so they had to go with this with mostly non Ivy schools. Afonjas...get the difference between the Igbo performers 3 yrs in a row accepted into ALL IVY LEAGUE SCHOOLS not one or two as this beautiful young lady.

Afonjas stop dragging feet with Igbos, they are not your mate! If you are man enough to challenge Igbos, agree to separation as confident Igbos are demanding, between God and man, you will know what Igbos are made of...What Israel is doing to arab nations will be a child's play to what Biafraa will do to Oduo Republic and Arewa. Any attempt to misbehave, we will strike your coneheads with Biafraa made weapons back to Togo and Benin Republic. Don't hide under evil, wicked One Nigeria where Igbos are marginalized to drag feet with Igbos.

they are talking of a girl's achievement, this one is talking of separation. well am not surprised, he's Igbo. in that side, they don't have brain.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by SAMBHOSS(m): 8:54am On Apr 08, 2017
Tribalism na serious disease....

like its not one Nigeria.....

I'm still praying tho....knowing that tribalism will soon stop on NL...

1 Like

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by Truepee(m): 8:55am On Apr 08, 2017
Exciton:
Foolish people doing Yoruba vs Igbo ivy league school acceptance rate for some kids whose future don dey guaranteed, while our kids don't have access to good schools.

The future generation will, very likely, grow up to hate the current youth cos we just might be the weakest and most ignorant crop of Nigerians ever.
e dhey phain this guy

1 Like

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by ipodstinks: 8:56am On Apr 08, 2017
rowanMama:
Congrats smart girl.

The same people celebrating on this thread were the same ones saying ugly stuff on the other threads about the Igbo kids.

So they were just hating really?

Tribalism and hate are verry bad
if you are not blind, you would have seen what your kinsmen have been saying. are they loving?, aben u get eyesore?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by Electronzeez(m): 8:57am On Apr 08, 2017
Reading comments here . One nigeria is DAP(dead fafter practice ).

1 Like

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by whizpa(m): 8:57am On Apr 08, 2017
Have you all no shame? Arguing over someone else's achievement. SMH, And to make it worse you're bringing tribalism into it. Celebrate the young girl and keep quiet. Ordinary jamb, most of una no fit pass. Na to come here come dey fool unaselves.

Awon oponu..

1 Like

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by Nobody: 8:59am On Apr 08, 2017
Kenshiiii:
The developers from the land of the rising Mark Nsukabags are already crying on the thread as usual cheesy

Oya e gba biscuit grin

grin grin grin grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by igwebuike01: 8:59am On Apr 08, 2017
Remove this nonsense consolation thread by afonjas, she was not accepted by ALL IVY LEAGUE. so this is not news

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Can I Study Political Science Without Literature In English / 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me / Chinaza Asiegbu Accepted Into 8 Ivy League Schools In US. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.