Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,448 members, 7,823,060 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA (28797 Views)

Chinaza Asiegbu Accepted Into 8 Ivy League Schools In US. Photos / Treasures Olawunmi Bayo To Break 113 Hours Reading Marathon World Record / Jude Okonkwo Accepted Into All Ivy League School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by bigfrancis21: 5:06pm On Apr 08, 2017
Godprotectigbo5:

grin grin grin grin grin ofonjas and there ewedu brains sef

Even after i'm gone, they are still here discussing about me. You see when I told you I got stalkers? Seen it now? grin

Paranoid beings, thinking you and I are the same moniker, unable to distinguish between our different writing styles. grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by FisifunKododada: 5:10pm On Apr 08, 2017
bigfrancis21:

Even after i'm gone, they are still here discussing about me. You see when I told you I got stalkers? Seen it now? grin
Paranoid beings, thinking you and I are the same moniker, unable to distinguish between our different writing styles. grin

grin grin grin grin still quoting yourself ko? smallfrancesca right now:

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by AkinPhysicist: 5:13pm On Apr 08, 2017
FisifunKododada:

grin grin grin grin still quoting yourself ko? smallfrancesca right now:

The guy is so transparent grin grin grin

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by bigfrancis21: 5:16pm On Apr 08, 2017
Augusta Uwamanzu-Nna - Engineering
Harold Ekeh - Neurosurgery
Ifeoma White-Thorpe - Global Healthy Policy
Jude Okonkwo - Neurosurgery
Obinna Igbokwe - Biomedical engineering
Olawunmi Akinlemibola - Biology

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by muller101(m): 5:41pm On Apr 08, 2017
Thread for the top 2 most corrupt tribes in nigeria.
Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by Godprotectigbo5(f): 5:58pm On Apr 08, 2017
bigfrancis21:

chai i don die

u just finish dis people with this breakdown

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by osita76(m): 6:12pm On Apr 08, 2017
Lombardi:
Prince George's County Student Accepted to 14 Colleges

A talented high school student in Prince George's County has a big decision to make soon -- she was accepted to 14 colleges and universities, including Harvard, Princeton and Stanford.

Olawunmi Akinlemibola, a senior at DuVal High School in Lanham, Maryland, was accepted to Ivy League schools, the University of Maryland and several other institutions.

The 18-year-old has a 4.15 GPA and already has earned college credit. She works hard for her success, her guidance counselor, Stacy Kline, said.
"I'm just amazed by her," she said. "It's the internal drive that she has."

Akinlemibola said her family's support is key. She lives with her father, but her mother and two sisters are home in Nigeria, where she was born. In a recent interview, she began to cry as she spoke about her mother.

"Even though she's not here physically, she takes care of me. Emotionally, she provides a lot of support," the student said. She hopes her family will be reunited this year.

Akinlemibola said part of what drives her to succeed is a sense that she has opportunities her parents didn't have.
"They’ve just gone through so much, and it's like, this is like the least I can do, is do well in school," she said.
Here's where Akinlemibola was accepted, according to WTOP:

Emory University
Brown University
University of Maryland, Baltimore County
University of Maryland, College Park
Swarthmore College
Grinnell College
Amherst College
University of Chicago
Duke University
Stanford University
Cornell University
Princeton University
Harvard University
University of Pennsylvania

Akinlemibola said Stanford is the front-runner. She would study biology and, with scholarships, pay just $300 per year in tuition.

Source: http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Prince-Georges-County-Student-Accepted-to-14-Colleges-418687613.html

Afonja and lies are like 5&6

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by Lombardi: 6:46pm On Apr 08, 2017
This is what olawunmi said in her third year of high school. If she wants to do study biology so be it. That's what she wants to do. Be happy for her. I am happy for all the kids that were accepted to the different universities.

“I am indecisive, but I am definitely going to major in biomedical engineering, because I do feel like it’s really cool to create medicines and create new technologies that are going to help people live longer and cure things, but I am also really interested in law,” she said.

http://www.thesentinel.com/pgs/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=1716:sentinel-student-of-the-month-olawunmi-akinlemibola&Itemid=766

2 Likes

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by Obamaofusa: 7:20pm On Apr 08, 2017
InyinyaAgbaOku:

That's the only greatness you have's of. Nobody adds yoruba to a sentence bearing greatness except by Yorubas themselves but All people add greatness to Igbos.
You got nothing special to you
I do not want to hurt you,bye and goodluck---cheers!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by Obamaofusa: 7:25pm On Apr 08, 2017
bigfrancis21:

I am indecisive, but I am definitely going to major in biomedical engineering, because I do feel like it’s really cool to create medicines and create new technologies that are going to help people live longer and cure things, but I am also really interested in law,” she said. http://www.thesentinel.com/pgs/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=1716:sentinel-student-of-the-month-olawunmi-akinlemibola&Itemid=766
Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by bigfrancis21: 7:58pm On Apr 08, 2017
Obamaofusa:
I am indecisive, but I am definitely going to major in biomedical engineering, because I do feel like it’s really cool to create medicines and create new technologies that are going to help people live longer and cure things, but I am also really interested in law,” she said. http://www.thesentinel.com/pgs/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=1716:sentinel-student-of-the-month-olawunmi-akinlemibola&Itemid=766

SENTINEL STUDENT OF THE MONTH: OLAWUNMI AKINLEMIBOLA
14 Oct 2015
Written by  Candace Rojo Keyes
Published in Local
Read 971 times

@bold: date of article October 2015, indecisive.

April 2017, decision made: biology.
Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by Customer80: 8:36pm On Apr 08, 2017
Never knew yoruba had two Nobel laureate.
Oh Chineke all in the name of rubbing shoulders with the Igbos that will make some people lie?
Onyeama was at the world court, presently an Igbo named Ebo Osuji is Judge at the world court

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by igbofocus: 3:00am On Apr 09, 2017
Guestlander:

You are trying to belittle a young girl whose achievements are remarkable enough to be carried by a major news outlet like NBC whereas your own degree is probably worth less than the paper it was written on.

i like your reply................... now here is mine

how many major news media carried bill gates' degree news? without google, can you tel me dangote's degree(s)
how many degree did BUHARI get?
end of reply

my friend once told me, "when a herdman dies, his children inherit the cows but when a prof dies, HIS CERTIFICATES BECOME USELESS!"

i dont believe in DEGREES and schools............... i believe in passion and money!........... she can attend 1000000000000000000000 ivy league schools and end up working for SALARY like they all do except of course for the IGBOs again!

AND HEY, I HATE SALARY! so bro, my degree is useless and is not an achievement to me!
my bank statement and assets are better deals! AS A FULL BLOODED NWA AFO IGBO KAJARA AKAJA!

my point was not even to compare they useless schools, it was to tell us that IGBOS are TOO GOOD IN EVERYTHING, BETTER THAN ANY OTHER PEOPE IN THE WORLD! say what you want................................ keep getting degrees while we keep getting money!

am sure bill gates didnt attend an ivy school but the best guys from there work for him!
Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by Guestlander: 5:06am On Apr 09, 2017
igbofocus:

i like your reply................... now here is mine

how many major news media carried bill gates' degree news? without google, can you tel me dangote's degree(s)
how many degree did BUHARI get?
end of reply

my friend once told me, "when a herdman dies, his children inherit the cows but when a prof dies, HIS CERTIFICATES BECOME USELESS!"

i dont believe in DEGREES and schools............... i believe in passion and money!........... she can attend 1000000000000000000000 ivy league schools and end up working for SALARY like they all do except of course for the IGBOs again!

AND HEY, I HATE SALARY! so bro, my degree is useless and is not an achievement to me!
my bank statement and assets are better deals! AS A FULL BLOODED NWA AFO IGBO KAJARA AKAJA!

my point was not even to compare they useless schools, it was to tell us that IGBOS are TOO GOOD IN EVERYTHING, BETTER THAN ANY OTHER PEOPE IN THE WORLD! say what you want................................ keep getting degrees while we keep getting money!

am sure bill gates didnt attend an ivy school but the best guys from there work for him!

First of all Bill Gate was at Harvard; he dropped out of Harvard in the second year to build Microsoft. So, in essence he did attend an ivy league school.

What is common with the men you mentioned is their exceptional brilliance and commitment to hard work and that is exactly what others saw in the young woman.

If you think you will be rich like Bill Gates and Dangote just because you are igbo then good luck to you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by AkinPhysicist: 1:37pm On Apr 09, 2017
totit:

Noooooooooooooooooooo shocked
*from from a chair with my ewedu soup*
grin

so u dey chop ewedu n u no invite me - ko da o! cheesy
Re: Olawunmi Akinlemibola Accepted Into 14 Universities In USA by Probz(m): 2:28pm On Apr 09, 2017
InyinyaAgbaOku:

That's the only greatness you have's of. Nobody adds yoruba to a sentence bearing greatness except by Yorubas themselves but All people add greatness to Igbos.
You got nothing special to you
This is the reason we Igbos are hated in Nigeria. Cut the tribalism and stop talking nonsense.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Futa 2011/2012 Postutme / Can I Study Political Science Without Literature In English / 5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.