Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

(Updated) 38 Extremists Killed In Clashes In Northern Nigeria (Now 70 People ) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / (Updated) 38 Extremists Killed In Clashes In Northern Nigeria (Now 70 People ) (7024 Views)

Clashes In Plateau Leaves 48 Dead / 30 KIlled In Clashes Between Alago & Berom People In Nasawara / Ethnic Clashes In Ebonyi, Another Slaughter! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: (Updated) 38 Extremists Killed In Clashes In Northern Nigeria (Now 70 People ) by nature262(m): 8:36pm On Dec 29, 2009
all of this is happening during in this fiestive season
Re: (Updated) 38 Extremists Killed In Clashes In Northern Nigeria (Now 70 People ) by Horus(m): 8:57pm On Dec 29, 2009
Ban religion
Re: (Updated) 38 Extremists Killed In Clashes In Northern Nigeria (Now 70 People ) by jcross22: 9:26pm On Dec 29, 2009
islam never means peace but submission any body that say islam mean peace should read along with me.Qur'an 9:5 "When the sacred forbidden months for fighting are past, fight and kill the disbelievers wherever you find them, take them captive, beleaguer them, and lie in wait and ambush them using every stratagem of war.THAT VERSE COME FROM KORAN , SO , WHO NOW SAY THAT TERRORISM IS NOT PART OF ISLAM OR JIHAD DOES NOT MEAN FIGHTING WITH THE SWORDS THAT PERSON SHOULD NOT FORGET ABOUT HOW THE ISLAM CAME TO STAY IN NORTHERN PART OF NIGERIA.
Re: (Updated) 38 Extremists Killed In Clashes In Northern Nigeria (Now 70 People ) by koolchicco: 9:32pm On Dec 29, 2009
jcross22:

islam never means peace but submission any body that say islam mean peace should read along with me.Qur'an 9:5 "When the sacred forbidden months for fighting are past, fight and kill the disbelievers wherever you find them, take them captive, beleaguer them, and lie in wait and ambush them using every stratagem of war.THAT VERSE COME FROM KORAN , SO , WHO NOW SAY THAT TERRORISM IS NOT PART OF ISLAM OR JIHAD DOES NOT MEAN FIGHTING WITH THE SWORDS THAT PERSON SHOULD NOT FORGET ABOUT HOW THE ISLAM CAME TO STAY IN NORTHERN PART OF NIGERIA.

shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: (Updated) 38 Extremists Killed In Clashes In Northern Nigeria (Now 70 People ) by Megadeals: 10:17pm On Dec 29, 2009
From Maitatsine to Boko Haram to Underwear bomber. We always fall asleep soon after each incident. This too will pass untill the next round of bloodshed.
Re: (Updated) 38 Extremists Killed In Clashes In Northern Nigeria (Now 70 People ) by Nobody: 10:20pm On Dec 29, 2009
"underwear bomber"

chei!!! shocked
Re: (Updated) 38 Extremists Killed In Clashes In Northern Nigeria (Now 70 People ) by asunaobi(m): 10:23pm On Dec 29, 2009
I blame the British for all these noncense in Nigeria.
Re: (Updated) 38 Extremists Killed In Clashes In Northern Nigeria (Now 70 People ) by Megadeals: 10:28pm On Dec 29, 2009
asunaobi:

I blame the British for all these noncense in Nigeria.

Why blame the British for a bunch of knucklehead fanatics. The destiny of Nigeria is now in the hands of Nigerians.
Re: (Updated) 38 Extremists Killed In Clashes In Northern Nigeria (Now 70 People ) by Kilonso: 10:36pm On Dec 29, 2009
Tracing back to 1914 amalgamation, they are to be blamed but that would be weeping over the grave of a fore father. Only if south and north can be two entirely different countries. Those unbelievable malams have really set us back. cry
Re: (Updated) 38 Extremists Killed In Clashes In Northern Nigeria (Now 70 People ) by Kilonso: 10:41pm On Dec 29, 2009
East and West, we understand each other, but those fanatics are just nothing but schizophrenic cows. If only we have a united spirit just like them, because that is what keeps them going--- one mind and a common goal.
Re: (Updated) 38 Extremists Killed In Clashes In Northern Nigeria (Now 70 People ) by jpilata(m): 10:50pm On Dec 29, 2009
Nigeria should find way to stop things like this,it is not good to our nation.
Re: (Updated) 38 Extremists Killed In Clashes In Northern Nigeria (Now 70 People ) by Kilonso: 10:52pm On Dec 29, 2009
jcross22:

The problem with us humans is that we are in the fashion of compromise and delusion. I always knew it even though I don't even get close to Koran, but as a kid back then I used to watch Mohamed's film and all through this guys life, na war him just dey fight. Did we ever read or hear the Jesus fought? even when Peter his follower got violent he was against his act and corrected him instantly. By their fruits you shall know them, so we would be deceiving ourselves to acknowledge a religion whose subjects are nothing but blood thirsty brutes.
Re: (Updated) 38 Extremists Killed In Clashes In Northern Nigeria (Now 70 People ) by Abagworo(m): 10:59pm On Dec 29, 2009
;d
Re: (Updated) 38 Extremists Killed In Clashes In Northern Nigeria (Now 70 People ) by Kilonso: 11:00pm On Dec 29, 2009
j.pilata:

Nigeria should find way to stop things like this,it is not good to our nation.

srry, if you ask me, i'd say northerners.
Re: (Updated) 38 Extremists Killed In Clashes In Northern Nigeria (Now 70 People ) by tamedo: 11:21pm On Dec 29, 2009
This is seriuosly disturbing to me. The more disturbing aspect of it is the religious undertone it has. One muslim showed me where their book has it dat killing one man unjustly is like killing the whole world. Does it then mean these people don't read the book, don't understand it or give it another meaning. I think something is wrong somewhere!
Re: (Updated) 38 Extremists Killed In Clashes In Northern Nigeria (Now 70 People ) by Rmc1(m): 12:03am On Dec 30, 2009
I think lord lugard must have been a drunkard, when he almalgamated northern and southern nigeria in 1914  angry  angry

SO LADIES AND GENTLEMEN BY THE POWERS NOT BESTOWED UPON ME , I HEREBY DEALMALGAMATE NIGERIA INTO 2 NORTH, AND SOUTH LET EACH GO HER WAY AND LET THERE BE PEACE.
Re: (Updated) 38 Extremists Killed In Clashes In Northern Nigeria (Now 70 People ) by stancozy(m): 12:18am On Dec 30, 2009
May nothing take me to the North Oh Lord, in this life am living,
these junk heads and dunb ass are completely confused creatures, what does killin inocent peeps including thereselves help them achive their ass sucking goals
Re: (Updated) 38 Extremists Killed In Clashes In Northern Nigeria (Now 70 People ) by jcross22: 12:31am On Dec 30, 2009
we are getting things wrong who say islam does not promote terrorist okay read this:those muslims that claimed that koran does not promote terrorist should read this:Qur'an 5:33 "The punishment for those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger and strive after corruption, making mischief in the land is murder, execution, crucifixion, the cutting off of hands and feet on opposite sides, or they should be imprisoned. That is their degradation and disgrace in this world. And a great torment of an awful doom awaits them in the hereafter. CAN YOU SEE THAT . the problem is that some muslims do not how to read the koran in arabic but try the English version of it
Re: (Updated) 38 Extremists Killed In Clashes In Northern Nigeria (Now 70 People ) by Abekeade08(f): 1:47am On Dec 30, 2009
My people,

Muslims are supporting their religion and arguing that their religion is one of peace, but can the Muslims on this blog explain why everyday there are multiple suicide bombers and act of violence being acted out by Muslims on a daily basis. What exactly are they teaching in mosques and why are Muslims so prone to senseless acts of violence??
Re: (Updated) 38 Extremists Killed In Clashes In Northern Nigeria (Now 70 People ) by DOnlooker(m): 1:57am On Dec 30, 2009
If I have a relative living in the North, all I will keep drumming in his or her ears is " Head back South ! " Luckily for me, I don't have anyone over there. I have never been there and I don't feel any urge to travel past Abuja.
It's so sad that people can still object to education at this age, let alone kill others because of their beliefs.
Re: (Updated) 38 Extremists Killed In Clashes In Northern Nigeria (Now 70 People ) by Horus(m): 2:19am On Dec 30, 2009
I fear for our people because they never get in-depth knowledge of the religions that they get involved in, making it very easy to mislead them with fanaticism. By that I mean, the Muslims in Africa, that are converts, most of them do not and cannot read, write, and speak classical Arabic (Fusha) of the Qur’aan, so they are always depending on some foreign Arab source to interpret and explain this foreign religion to them.
Re: (Updated) 38 Extremists Killed In Clashes In Northern Nigeria (Now 70 People ) by justfash50: 3:10am On Dec 30, 2009
It is shame to the NORTHERNERs(Rich and Politicians) that we are having yet again the same problem of killings and maiming all in the name of Religion.

For all those who is labelling Muslims should desist from such malicious act which can cause hatred and chaos within the communities in Nigeria.
its a fact that all almajiris,maitasinis, fulanis,hausas etc

My Opinion, i blame most times the POLITICIANS AND RICH PEOPLE in the NORTH who in most times use RELIGION as a tool to cause disunity or to get their agenda done.

I also blame Journalist who in order to sell their to gain what they want exagerrate beyond measure in reporting issues.

Like some one has suggested above the Governent should provide jobs, really people are suffering everywhere in the nation.

@jcross
Desist from quoting the Quran;the verse u quoted above does not depict the meaning u gave above.If u need clarification go to the RELIGION section to inquire and not add gullible people who do not have an inkling of what a Quran looks like to your Ignorant funky train.

Every regions in the nation has its own peculiar shortfalls, what we need to do is call the GOVERNMENT to perform their responsibilities and not sterotype people who has no idea whatsoever of what this is all about.

We Muslims Condem these act from the bottom of our heart and refute in all totality that what JCROSS22 interprete above in the quran is false.

To sum it all MUSLIMS ARE NOT TERRORIST AND NOT ALL TERRORIST ARE MUSLIMS.
Re: (Updated) 38 Extremists Killed In Clashes In Northern Nigeria (Now 70 People ) by justfash50: 3:13am On Dec 30, 2009
It is shame to the NORTHERNERs(Rich and Politicians) that we are having yet again the same problem of killings and maiming all in the name of Religion.

For all those who is labelling Muslims should desist from such malicious act which can cause hatred and chaos within the communities in Nigeria.
its a fact that all almajiris,maitasinis, fulanis,hausas etc are not all muslims.

My Opinion, i blame most times the POLITICIANS AND RICH PEOPLE in the NORTH who in most times use RELIGION as a tool to cause disunity or to get their agenda done.

I also blame Journalist who in order to sell their to gain what they want exagerrate beyond measure in reporting issues.

Like some one has suggested above the Governent should provide jobs, really people are suffering everywhere in the nation.

@jcross
Desist from quoting the Quran;the verse u quoted above does not depict the meaning u gave above.If u need clarification go to the RELIGION section to inquire and not add gullible people who do not have an inkling of what a Quran looks like to your Ignorant funky train.

Every regions in the nation has its own peculiar shortfalls, what we need to do is call the GOVERNMENT to perform their responsibilities and not sterotype people who has no idea whatsoever of what this is all about.

We Muslims Condem these act from the bottom of our heart and refute in all totality that what JCROSS22 interprete above in the quran is false.

Re: (Updated) 38 Extremists Killed In Clashes In Northern Nigeria (Now 70 People ) by ebor(m): 4:04am On Dec 30, 2009
justfash50:

its a fact that all almajiris,maitasinis, fulanis,hausas etc are not all muslims.

@jcross

pls without sounding immodest, i think u nid 2b more articulate in making ur points. If d Almajiris and Maitasines are not Muslims, who are they; certainly not n can never b Christians. This is because Christianity does not have a place 4such miscreants using religion to perpetrate evil against fellow human being. Again, d incessant senseless killings of innocent people by these Islamic terrorist cannot be attributed 2poverty or lack of job anymore as d bastard, Umar Farouk, act recently has rendered this line of arguement redundant;the problem lies in d doctrines and philosophy of Islam,which promise reward 4those who kill in d name of d religion- nonsense. If d interpretation of d Quaran is false as u claim then d wise thing is 4 u 2 do d right interpraetation. It is not enof 4u 2just dismiss his objective n correct interpretation as false. My poser 4u Muslims is why can't u pple pause 4 once 2 analyse d fact dat if u say all muslims are not terrorist, why is it dat virtually all, if not all terrorist atrocities against defenceless and innocent civilians are perpetrated by muslims? Shame on u
Re: (Updated) 38 Extremists Killed In Clashes In Northern Nigeria (Now 70 People ) by JosBoy4Lif(m): 4:05am On Dec 30, 2009
Does anyone have an updated cencus on the on the number of child witches in the South? Sorry to burst everyones bubble, but Nigeria's problem does not stop due soth Lakoja.                    
@ topic I am happy when I hear that 38 Boko Haram terroists have been killed; aere you not?
Re: (Updated) 38 Extremists Killed In Clashes In Northern Nigeria (Now 70 People ) by blkmum700: 4:25am On Dec 30, 2009
ebor:

pls without sounding immodest, i think u nid 2b more articulate in making your points. If d Almajiris and Maitasines are not Muslims, who are they; certainly not n can never b Christians. This is because Christianity does not have a place 4such miscreants using religion to perpetrate evil against fellow human being. Again, d incessant senseless killings of innocent people by these Islamic terrorist cannot be attributed 2poverty or lack of job anymore as d naughty person, Umar Farouk, act recently has rendered this line of arguement redundant;the problem lies in d doctrines and philosophy of Islam,which promise reward 4those who kill in d name of d religion- nonsense. If d interpretation of d Quaran is false as u claim then d wise thing is 4 u 2 do d right interpraetation. It is not enof 4u 2just dismiss his objective n correct interpretation as false. My poser 4u Muslims is why can't u pple pause 4 once 2 analyse d fact dat if u say all muslims are not terrorist, why is it dat virtually all, if not all terrorist atrocities against defenceless and innocent civilians are perpetrated by muslims? Shame on u

What is the reward for those who kill children and Assault them?Alcohol and two prostitute thats is the reward for them,shame on you too.

@justfash50
Dont Mind jcross22 he think he's the only one that can quote about religion.
Re: (Updated) 38 Extremists Killed In Clashes In Northern Nigeria (Now 70 People ) by frgy1: 4:33am On Dec 30, 2009
ebor:

pls without sounding immodest, i think u nid 2b more articulate in making your points. If d Almajiris and Maitasines are not Muslims, who are they; certainly not n can never b Christians. This is because Christianity does not have a place 4such miscreants using religion to perpetrate evil against fellow human being. Again, d incessant senseless killings of innocent people by these Islamic terrorist cannot be attributed 2poverty or lack of job anymore as d naughty person, Umar Farouk, act recently has rendered this line of arguement redundant;the problem lies in d doctrines and philosophy of Islam,which promise reward 4those who kill in d name of d religion- nonsense. If d interpretation of d Quaran is false as u claim then d wise thing is 4 u 2 do d right interpraetation. It is not enof 4u 2just dismiss his objective n correct interpretation as false. My poser 4u Muslims is why can't u pple pause 4 once 2 analyse d fact dat if u say all muslims are not terrorist, why is it dat virtually all, if not all terrorist atrocities against defenceless and innocent civilians are perpetrated by muslims? Shame on u
wat is your take on the crusades? the Inquisition of the middle ages? read more, learn more.
Re: (Updated) 38 Extremists Killed In Clashes In Northern Nigeria (Now 70 People ) by mikeoscar: 5:29am On Dec 30, 2009
the key problem is religion be Islam or Christianity. its too deadly! every theist is a potential terrorist.

@Kay17,
And your sick Atheist mind think you can ever gain anything from this statement. I have warned you Atheist lot before to stay off serious threads, but you won't hear. please go somewhere else for cheap patronage.
Re: (Updated) 38 Extremists Killed In Clashes In Northern Nigeria (Now 70 People ) by justfash50: 5:48am On Dec 30, 2009
[b]pls without sounding immodest, i think u nid 2b more articulate in making your points. If d Almajiris and Maitasines are not Muslims, who are they; certainly not n can never b Christians. This is because Christianity does not have a place 4such miscreants using religion to perpetrate evil against fellow human being. Again, d incessant senseless killings of innocent people by these Islamic terrorist cannot be attributed 2poverty or lack of job anymore as d naughty person, Umar Farouk, act recently has rendered this line of arguement redundant;the problem lies in d doctrines and philosophy of Islam,which promise reward 4those who kill in d name of d religion- nonsense. If d interpretation of d Quaran is false as u claim then d wise thing is 4 u 2 do d right interpraetation. It is not enof 4u 2just dismiss his objective n correct interpretation as false. My poser 4u Muslims is why can't u pple pause 4 once 2 analyse d fact dat if u say all muslims are not terrorist, why is it dat virtually all, if not all terrorist atrocities against defenceless and innocent civilians are perpetrated by muslims? Shame on u

@ebor[/b]

Please scroll up and read my point again, I said it is a fact then disprove me by bringing ur own rebutt.

Like i said all Regions in Nigeria has their own Shortfalls, i dont need to call names we all know this.

All in all its the lasting solution will should profer and not cast doubt on MUSLIM beliefs.

We all have muslims and christians as neighbors, lets understand the preaching of both Religion.thanks
Re: (Updated) 38 Extremists Killed In Clashes In Northern Nigeria (Now 70 People ) by HIO4: 5:51am On Dec 30, 2009
shocked shocked shocked good God in heaven
Re: (Updated) 38 Extremists Killed In Clashes In Northern Nigeria (Now 70 People ) by kawkab: 6:23am On Dec 30, 2009
I have met a lot of Moslems here in Nigeria that are very decent, discipline and civilized. Posters should note that all moslems are not in support of what is happening.

1. My worry with these religious killings in northern Nigeria is that nothing is being done about the almajiri system. As long as the almajiri system
exist religious fanatics and mischievous teachers would always have a ready pool from which they would recruit the fighters from.

2. Why on earth in this century would one person kill another over religion. Religion convinction is a personal thing. Thus religious conversion
should be by persuasion not war.

3. Those that hate the west so much, still receive a lot of western support and use western goods and amenities. So why the hatred.

4. The Arabic contribution to the field of learning such as Mathematics, Physics, Astronomy etc is so much. So it is only a fool that would come up
to say that learning and knowledge is bad, because even the Arabs from whom they got their religions have contributed so much and are also
benefiting from learning and western knowledge.

5. Why is the Northern elite keeping quite about these happenings in the north, why would they not stand up and campaign seriously against
bastardization of their religion.

All these questions are begging for answers.
Re: (Updated) 38 Extremists Killed In Clashes In Northern Nigeria (Now 70 People ) by kawkab: 6:38am On Dec 30, 2009
To the Gaza - Israel Palestine issue, I have the following questions to ask -

1. Why would you be at War with someone that supplies you Electricity, Water, Food, Cement and other essential goods.

2. Is not possible for a middle course to be achieved in the peace move between Israel and Palestine.

3. Why is it that anytinme Israel lift the blockade of Gaza they would be greeted with bombings.

4. What is the role of Egypt in this whole saga. This week they blocked 25 trailers carrying food and other items from entering Gaza through their
own end. Mind you these food and other relief items is coming from the west to a moslem people, yet Egypt that is predominantly moslem is
blocking them from reaching Gaza.

I am not a supporter of Israel, I don't really like the way they go about the Palestinian issue but the Palestinians themselves are not helping issues. I am making these references because a poster on this thread refereed to the issues in the Palestine. I wonder how the Gaza issue relates to the killings in northern Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Asiwaju Bola Tinubu Working On APC Producing Second Igbo President Of Nigeria / Police Not Planning To Arrest, Kill Dino Melaye – Spokesman / SHOCKING: See What This Teacher Did To Her Student; PICTURES!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.