Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,054 members, 7,838,665 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

(Updated) 38 Extremists Killed In Clashes In Northern Nigeria (Now 70 People ) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / (Updated) 38 Extremists Killed In Clashes In Northern Nigeria (Now 70 People ) (7032 Views)

Clashes In Plateau Leaves 48 Dead / 30 KIlled In Clashes Between Alago & Berom People In Nasawara / Ethnic Clashes In Ebonyi, Another Slaughter! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: (Updated) 38 Extremists Killed In Clashes In Northern Nigeria (Now 70 People ) by Abekeade08(f): 6:27pm On Dec 30, 2009
[b]People forget that, as much as you have bad muslims, you have bad christians, bad jews, bad hindus etc. The only difference is that, whatever a muslims does (whether he scratches his behind or sets off a nuclear bomb), people attribute it to the religion. But when a christian does something, nobody looks at his religion, they focus on him. Same thing with northeners, our actions are closely attributed to our origin, rather than our individualities.

Hitler was a christian and he killed more people than all the suicide bombers ever known (combined), but do you hear any muslim or indeed anyone at all ask "why is it always these christians?"

Southerners have their fair share of bad eggs. Lets not forget that their bad eggs are the reason that nigerian is world-famous for yahoo-yahoo. THEY!! gave us that reputation. But no northerner will say "why is it always the southerners, why?"

What else do you want to talk about? is it corruption? bad leadership? we all have them, so pls focus on individuality not religion o[/b]

@Mr Reason, you are  not reasoning very well.

Hitler did what he did out of racism and to create an aryan nation. The premise of the aryan nation is to elminate all other races except pure blonde haired and blue eyed white people. This was not about christainanity, it was about Hitler's obsession with creating a pure bred white race, the fool himself was half jewish, dark haired and dark eyed.

The southeners as you say have their fair share of bad eggs, news flash yahoo yahoo knows no tribe, or region, its all about greed, not about christianity, so this your point is also void.

Everytime you hear a muslim person goes on a suicide bomb mission, its all about jihad and fatwa, does this not have muslim religous connotations? or they scream allah uakbar before they blow themselves up

I am not saying  that their are no bad christians or jews or whatever, but why do muslims have to keep blowing people up and killing people on a daily basis, it really boggles the mind. Have you every heard of a christian strapping bombs to himself and blowing their fellow human beings up? No, this is because we are taught in church to love one another and love our neighbours as ourselves, also killing yourself or someone else is a  mortal sin thus a first class free ticket to eternal hell fire, lol
Re: (Updated) 38 Extremists Killed In Clashes In Northern Nigeria (Now 70 People ) by Abekeade08(f): 6:36pm On Dec 30, 2009
I do not have to read it. I can see evidence of it's teaching from it's disciples actions. Why is it that all known terrorists are muslims? even from your post/tone i can feel the urge in you to do me harm. Na wah for una. even people worshiping the devil are not this bad.

Lol, true talk
Re: (Updated) 38 Extremists Killed In Clashes In Northern Nigeria (Now 70 People ) by yeswecan(m): 9:09pm On Dec 30, 2009
I am tired of the Northerners.
Re: (Updated) 38 Extremists Killed In Clashes In Northern Nigeria (Now 70 People ) by ebor(m): 9:23pm On Dec 30, 2009
DOAweb:

sad sad Alleluia, Alleluia, Alleluia  - Over the past years I have been labelled crazy for saying out loud that the Nigerian plague is it's very existence.

I feel vindicated from these postings vividly expressing that the greedy colonial bastards forced amalgamation on us, and the end result - a Continent full of blood shed and Nigeria been part of the ill-conceived ideas.

I have been clamouring for a debate on confederation or total secession but even starting the topic on nairaland did not provoke any discussion, well the moderators didn't think it's that important to be on the front page, but a load of bollocks topic can be presented.

Call me a pessimist, I don't see unity emerging from the nation of Nigeria as Religious differences to me is a secondary issue to cultural and tribal differences.

SIMPLES!!

you are not d only one vindicated. History is replete with many re- known patriots who knew d absurdity called Nigeria was and is still not feasible or working, hence, d urgent need for its proper re-organisation e.g Obafemi Awolowo ,who once posited that "Nigeria is a mere geographical expression"; ojukwu, who proferred confederation as a solution to d absurdity craeted by d colonialist and its attendant killing and subjugation of others by d Nothern cabals; Gideon Orkar, who during his failed coup, expunged some extreme Nothern states as a solutn; he's indeed vindicated 2day as these deleted states are notorious 4 most of these vicious religious crises we contend with 2day; the USA report that Nigeria will disintegrate in 2015; they are all vindicated. These fake marriage is surely doom for divorce in no distant time, moreso as d south is more united 2day than ever and d increasingly obvious fact that d North's religious extrememism and primeval idiosyncracies in this 21st Century is retarding d progress of d nation generally.
Re: (Updated) 38 Extremists Killed In Clashes In Northern Nigeria (Now 70 People ) by sjeezy8: 9:30pm On Dec 30, 2009
Abekeade08:

[b]People forget that, as much as you have bad muslims, you have bad christians, bad jews, bad hindus etc. The only difference is that, whatever a muslims does (whether he scratches his behind or sets off a nuclear bomb), people attribute it to the religion. But when a christian does something, nobody looks at his religion, they focus on him. Same thing with northeners, our actions are closely attributed to our origin, rather than our individualities.

Hitler was a christian and he killed more people than all the suicide bombers ever known (combined), but do you hear any muslim or indeed anyone at all ask "why is it always these christians?"

Southerners have their fair share of bad eggs. Lets not forget that their bad eggs are the reason that nigerian is world-famous for yahoo-yahoo. THEY!! gave us that reputation. But no northerner will say "why is it always the southerners, why?"

What else do you want to talk about? is it corruption? bad leadership? we all have them, so pls focus on individuality not religion o[/b]

@Mr Reason, you are not reasoning very well.

Hitler did what he did out of racism and to create an aryan nation. The premise of the aryan nation is to elminate all other races except pure blonde haired and blue eyed white people. This was not about christainanity, it was about Hitler's obsession with creating a pure bred white race, the fool himself was half jewish, dark haired and dark eyed.

The southeners as you say have their fair share of bad eggs, news flash yahoo yahoo knows no tribe, or region, its all about greed, not about christianity, so this your point is also void.

Everytime you hear a muslim person goes on a suicide bomb mission, its all about jihad and fatwa, does this not have muslim religous connotations? or they scream allah uakbar before they blow themselves up

I am not saying that their are no bad christians or jews or whatever, but why do muslims have to keep blowing people up and killing people on a daily basis, it really boggles the mind. Have you every heard of a christian strapping bombs to himself and blowing their fellow human beings up? No, this is because we are taught in church to love one another and love our neighbours as ourselves, also killing yourself or someone else is a mortal sin thus a first class free ticket to eternal hell fire, lol

Da.mn girl learn how to quote youre messin up my eyes
Re: (Updated) 38 Extremists Killed In Clashes In Northern Nigeria (Now 70 People ) by jontoyin(f): 5:20pm On Jan 02, 2010
In Koran of Surah Nisah 2:216 & 4:89-90 it is written ''warfare is ordained for you'' (JIHAD). '', way of Allah to enmity then take them and kill them, '' it is common knowledge that the suicide bombers derived inspirations from some of the strong language in Koran.
Re: (Updated) 38 Extremists Killed In Clashes In Northern Nigeria (Now 70 People ) by kobonaija: 1:42pm On Jan 03, 2010
How can Jihad be separated from Islam?

I have recently been doing some research. My intention here is further clarification, not just to spark a religious war or wrangling. Below are two extracts from the Quran, and news on January 2nd 2010

Muhammad
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful

Those who disbelieve and turn (men) from the way of Allah, He rendereth their actions vain. (1) And those who believe and do good works and believe in that which is revealed unto Muhammad - and it is the truth from their Lord - He riddeth them of their ill-deeds and improveth their state. (2) That is because those who disbelieve follow falsehood and because those who believe follow the truth from their Lord. Thus Allah coineth their similitudes for mankind. (3) Now when ye meet in battle those who disbelieve, then it is smiting of the necks until, when ye have routed them, then making fast of bonds; and afterward either grace or ransom till the war lay down its burdens. That (is the ordinance). And if Allah willed He could have punished them (without you) but (thus it is ordained) that He may try some of you by means of others. And those who are slain in the way of Allah, He rendereth not their actions vain. (4) He will guide them and improve their state, (5) And bring them in unto the Garden which He hath made known to them. (6) O ye who believe! If ye help Allah, He will help you and will make your foothold firm. (7) And those who disbelieve, perdition is for them, and He will make their actions vain. (Sura 47, verses 1-7)

(39) Save the chosen slaves of Allâh (i.e. the true believers of Islâmic Monotheism). (40) For them there will be a known provision (in Paradise), (41) Fruits; and they shall be honoured, (42) In the Gardens of delight (Paradise), (43) Facing one another on thrones, (44) Round them will be passed a cup of pure wine,— (45) White, delicious to the drinkers, (46) Neither will they have Ghoul (any kind of hurt, abdominal pain, headache, a sin) from that, nor will they suffer intoxication therefrom. (47) And beside them will be Qâsirât-at-Tarf [chaste females (wives), restraining their glances (desiring none except their husbands)], with wide and beautiful eyes.[] (48) (Delicate and pure) as if they were (hidden) eggs (well) preserved. (Sura 37, verses 39-48)

Police shoot, kill Somali man armed with knife, ax at cartoonist Kurt Westergaard’s home in Denmark:
Police shot a Somali man wielding an ax and a knife as he tried to break into the home of an artist whose cartoon of the Prophet Muhammad with a bomb-shaped turban outraged the Muslim world, the head of Denmark’s intelligence agency said Saturday.
Jakob Scharf said in a statement that a 28-year-old man with ties to al-Qaida attempted to enter Kurt Westergaard’s home in Aarhus Friday night. But Westergaard pressed an alarm and police arrived minutes later.
The attack on the artist, whose rendering was among 12 that led to the torching of Danish diplomatic offices in predominantly Muslim countries in 2006, was “terror related,” Scharf said. He said the man would be charged with attempted murder.
Westergaard, whose 5-year-old granddaughter was in the home on a sleepover, sought shelter in a specially made safe room when the suspect broke a window of the home, said Preben Nielsen of the Aarhus police

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/2010/01/02/2010-01-02_police_shoot_kill_somali_man_armed_with_knife_ax_at_cartoonist_kurt_westergaards.html#ixzz0bXlVN7Qb

What does it take to be a real Muslim? Is there any reward for liberal Muslims who are attempting to distant themselves from those extremists who consistently claim they are simply carrying out a religious order?

I have studied so many world religions but can you really separate Jihadism from the Muslim faith if you want to be a practising Muslim? I have also observed so many hateful and hurtful statements published by non-believers against many religions, but why can’t the Muslims take criticism of their faith lying down without the clamor for war, while other religions just would pardon the ignorance of the doubters and unbelievers, and even pray to their god to take revenge? Other religion preach their faith by intellectually appealing to unbelievers, and why can’t our Muslim brothers/sisters do the same? Even Satanists and cult groups attempt to win you by preaching?

As a child growing up in a remote area of South-Western Nigeria near an Islamic school, I had witnessed the crusade of a Christian group prematurely terminated on its 3rd day, when they were violently and viciously attacked by students of the nearby Islamic school (chanting… you know what), just for preaching to people to turn to their Jesus. Likewise the night of the party in NYSC camp, there were a few Northern Nigerian graduates (or should I say Almajiris on NYSC camp) who created real chaos, demanding they should be allowed to kill the cow in Islamic way rather than allow ‘infidels’ to do the killing – something I considered so trivial; of course they had their way in the interest of peace.

Can we as concerned Nigerians have intellectual debate on this without anybody wielding the sword (or blowing themselves up) at an ignorant person like me, especially on the backdrop of recent development of international terrorism? I love my country, and most importantly would want her to be rid of these psychopaths fighting for some unclear war. If all religious groups represented in Naija should take to war instead of preaching intellectually, will that country still be on the map today? Can someone enlighten us without spitting fire and lightning?
Re: (Updated) 38 Extremists Killed In Clashes In Northern Nigeria (Now 70 People ) by airzzee(m): 11:55am On Jan 04, 2010
Religion is obsessive. If u understand where these extremist muslims are coming from, u would pity them. I understand their problem. I pity their situation.

These extremists and terrorists are not doing any different thing from what St Paul did b/4 he was converted - "serving God" Paul thought he was serving God by killing His (God's) people. He was passionionate about religion. He studied law and the scriptures and came out with 'relevant' areas in the scriptures, similar to what our extremist muslim brothers and sisters are using today: fighting for God, kiiling innocent people who do not have a hand in their agitations.

Their problem is also routed from the Bible. Read Gen 16: 9 - 16, and Gen 27: 37 - 40. (You may read the whole chapters of Gen 16 & Gen 27).

I feel for them in their ignorance. We should thank God that we were not born from the other side of the divide, where one can easily be brain-washed into carrying bombs in their body, waiting for the 'right' time to detonate them. It is only that grace of God that were are born into a different faith, saved by Him who died to render such old testamental practices no more do-or-die. If you don't know, muslims are practising the old testamental tenets, aside the prophets; for eg: tit for tat/an eye for an eye; polygamy; kill when fighting a just cause or fighting for God, punish any offender of the law, etc. The only major separation from Mosaic Law is probably circumcision.

We should just pray for them, and ask God to forgive for THEY DO NOT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING!! Truely, if u see what I see, u would know that they THEY DO NOT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING!!
Re: (Updated) 38 Extremists Killed In Clashes In Northern Nigeria (Now 70 People ) by Bokoharam: 7:03am On Jan 05, 2010

chidichris (m)

obasanjo has succeeded in leaving nigeria at the middle of no where.
nigeria today is the hands of an unknow person.
nigerians are like passangers in a ship with no captain.
we have no destination.
many will complain that i hardly write without mentioning obasanjo but i always look back to days before 1999 and then compare it from 1999 till date.
many things have gone wrong and no one is looking at the right direction.
pdp is not doing anything right yet has vowed not to leave the seat of power.

I share your view intoto. U can never analyse Nigeria without mentioning OBJ, who had the chance to upgrade Nigeria but DIDN’T. So unfortunate!

Nigeria has gone beyond repair. To your tents o Nigeria!
Re: (Updated) 38 Extremists Killed In Clashes In Northern Nigeria (Now 70 People ) by coatsms: 4:28pm On Jan 06, 2010
one gud thing is that they were fighting themselves, remember God said i will cos confusion in the land of thy enemies, isnt it my brothers

Herein is the SCRIPTURE fufilled.
Re: (Updated) 38 Extremists Killed In Clashes In Northern Nigeria (Now 70 People ) by Nobody: 10:48pm On Apr 25, 2011
we need to hear news of extremists been done away with not innocent people. two years and its still resonating.
Re: (Updated) 38 Extremists Killed In Clashes In Northern Nigeria (Now 70 People ) by EzeUche3(m): 10:50pm On Apr 25, 2011
That is why there needs to be a referendum.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-654051.0.html#bot

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Anwuli Chikere Withdraws From Moro’s Trial / Edo 2020: Upper Cut For Obaseki As Massive Resignation Hits Edo / Why Weapons Purchased With Supplementary Budget Can’t Arrive Now – CAS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.