Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,003 members, 7,835,395 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

The Call That Changed My Life...... - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The Call That Changed My Life...... (5372 Views)

I Read This Today And It Totally Changed My Life. You Should Too! / How God Changed My Story / How Being Educated Brought The Biggest Shame Of My Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Call That Changed My Life...... by Nobody: 4:05pm On Apr 08, 2017
Blessedgurl:
Congratulations dear. He never fails. More testimonies to come for Nairalanders.
Why u go call am dear, shebi him don get work for oil company. Yeye

2 Likes

Re: The Call That Changed My Life...... by Erums(m): 4:05pm On Apr 08, 2017
Congrats bro...
Re: The Call That Changed My Life...... by Vine4(m): 4:12pm On Apr 08, 2017
Big Congratulations to you bro!!!...wish u best of luck in your new job coupled with Favors from the "Dons" of the coy.
Learnt a lot 4rm your story. 10nks

1 Like

Re: The Call That Changed My Life...... by Yookney: 4:12pm On Apr 08, 2017
Nesso:

grin grin grin no now guy try get some chill doesn't really mean that
Re: The Call That Changed My Life...... by Yookney: 4:16pm On Apr 08, 2017
Vine4:
Big Congratulations to you bro!!!...wish u best of luck in your new job coupled with Favors from the "Dons" of the coy.
Learnt a lot 4rm your story. 10nks

Tnx man that's just the reason for sharing this so as to encourage others I'm open to answer any Qs I can that are not confidential lol
Re: The Call That Changed My Life...... by Udochee(m): 4:33pm On Apr 08, 2017
Yookney
congrats bro. keep doing your best as always. your hunting styles/tactics were superb.

its been a testimony-filled Q1.plenty still to come. apply,study/prepare hard,pray.

1 Like

Re: The Call That Changed My Life...... by Yookney: 4:43pm On Apr 08, 2017
Udochee:

congrats bro. keep doing best as always. your hunting styles/tactics were superb.

its been a testimony-filled Q1.plenty still to come. apply,study/prepare hard,pray.
Tnx bro...I had to download over 56 possible Qs I could be asked for that position and practiced customized answer for each I rehearsed it over and over again that it stuck. ..it was really intense preparation
Re: The Call That Changed My Life...... by daben1(m): 5:40pm On Apr 08, 2017
Nesso:

no mind them... Gold diggers!!

1 Like

Re: The Call That Changed My Life...... by Blessedgurl(f): 6:34pm On Apr 08, 2017
Nesso:

Lolz.... Abeg nor reason am like that o. I just too dey excited with the testimony nai cause am. Na Job we all dey find. Bros nor vex
Re: The Call That Changed My Life...... by Blessedgurl(f): 6:35pm On Apr 08, 2017
daben1:
no mind them... Gold diggers!!
Wow.....
Re: The Call That Changed My Life...... by Dehley(m): 9:52pm On Apr 08, 2017
Sounds like Baker Hughes
Re: The Call That Changed My Life...... by Nlevel(m): 10:35pm On Apr 08, 2017
congratulations..but y don't u want to mention the name of d company? although guys here already did.
Re: The Call That Changed My Life...... by Mskrisx(f): 10:36pm On Apr 08, 2017
Blessedgurl:

Wow.....

....and so? Who no like better thing? Abegiii babes forget those things wey carry frustration dey waka everywia! E-badu belle fiffle! Twahhh angry angry

Cc : KanwuliaExtra

cc: yookney, she's gat respek brah!
Re: The Call That Changed My Life...... by Yookney: 10:41pm On Apr 08, 2017
Mskrisx:

....and so? Who no like better thing? Abegiii babes forget those things wey carry frustration dey waka everywia! E-badu belle fiffle! Twahhh angry angry

Lololol
Re: The Call That Changed My Life...... by Mskrisx(f): 10:43pm On Apr 08, 2017
Yookney:

Lololol

Truss me.
Re: The Call That Changed My Life...... by Yookney: 10:44pm On Apr 08, 2017
Nlevel:
congratulations..but y don't u want to mention the name of d company? although guys here already did.

Tnx Bro. ...didn't simply because of confidentiality agreements .....well guys here only speculated which coy it is lol...
Re: The Call That Changed My Life...... by Ukeachu1(m): 11:03pm On Apr 08, 2017
Congratulations on your job at FMC. All d best mate
Re: The Call That Changed My Life...... by timsucess(m): 9:50am On Apr 09, 2017
Please help a brother Am an HND student Please my school will be on break soon Please i need a little job i can do for the 2months duration i willl be at home I stay in Abakaliki but wouldnt mind any location Am ready to do any kind of job pls assist me 07063458364
Re: The Call That Changed My Life...... by Elbizzcklinz(m): 10:45am On Apr 09, 2017
kixo:
congratulations
Congrat...I tap into your testimony. IJN..Amen
Re: The Call That Changed My Life...... by Blessedgurl(f): 11:08am On Apr 09, 2017
Mskrisx:

Thank you.
Re: The Call That Changed My Life...... by Vine4(m): 8:37pm On Apr 09, 2017
Yookney:

Tnx man that's just the reason for sharing this so as to encourage others I'm open to answer any Qs I can that are not confidential lol

Best of luck 2morrow being your First day. Don't be afraid. God gots your back. Though av some questions I would love to ask. And No, nothing Confidential...lol. Would like 2 PM u 4 dat.
Re: The Call That Changed My Life...... by Yookney: 9:13pm On Apr 09, 2017
Vine4:

Best of luck 2morrow being your First day. Don't be afraid. God gots your back. Though av some questions I would love to ask. And No, nothing Confidential...lol. Would like 2 PM u 4 dat.

OK go ahead and pm me. Tnx man
Re: The Call That Changed My Life...... by Chrisjane(f): 9:22pm On Apr 09, 2017
Yookney:
The Call that changed my life…

“hello? Am I speaking with Dave, …Yes, OK a quick one Dave, This is Shirley from…..(I don’t want to give out the name of the coy), I just want to know how much you earn currently”…. This was the final stages of an employment process that begun about a month ago… I will just give a brief background of myself, I am a graduate of Engineering from one of the most prestigious Federal Univ in Nigeria, after my NYSC I travelled out and got an Msc in Engineering from a premier Univ in the UK, stayed there for a while but couldn’t click a good high engineering paying job, I got close many times, in fact in one I had passed all the stages even met with my supposed co-workers only for me to be told the company was downsizing and couldn’t take us all that got to the final stage we were about 14, they took only 5, I was heart broken, I had already seen my self buying a house and my dream car (a Range lol) . while in UK I had contacts from Nigerian coys asking me to come over, so after about 4yrs I decided to relocate back to Nigeria.
I was eyeing the very big coys in Oil and Gas, Mobil, Chevron, Total wasn’t even considering SHELL lol, but after like 6months and not getting any I was willingly to try any good one (because it’s not good not being engaged and having much bills to pay)I ended up with a foreign coy but not my dream coy, it was good, but condition of service could have been better, but thanked God for it, started with about 3M per annum, and didn’t have much increase in the years that followed, then recession came, and downsizing started, though it didn’t affect me, but it affected a lot of folks I knew not just in my coy, but in the industry, my salary was slashed, allowances reduced, I decided it was time to try again to get something better, with better working conditions and services
I have been a guest in NL for years but never bothered looking at the Jobs/Vacancies section, but I was determined to give every avenue a chance, registered with both foreign and local job sites, my inbox was flooded daily with adverts, I got a couple of phone interviews, that didn’t progress to having a face-to-face interviews, I was becoming a bit agitated, I must say, job hunting is an art, and one must really be meticulous in preparing your CV and cover letter to suit PERFECTLY with the Job Description of the job you are applying, and that’s what I started doing, I stopped just sending generic CVs to jobs that matched my profile but took time to customize each CV to a specific Job

And it paid off, I had applied to over 30 positions in less than 2 months, I got a mail from this coy, inviting me for an interview in Lagos, (Im in South-South), just a brief description of this coy, they are one of the biggest players in Oil and Gas subsea projects, having over 40k plus staff globally and in about 50 countries, so when I got the mail I was ecstatic, I had only 2 days to prepare, I started immediately researching on the Job description, what and what I was expected to know, dug deep into the company profile, checked out Glassdoor website on their recruitment process interview questions and all,
The d-day, got my best suit, looked dapper and dazzling, told myself I wasn’t gonna let this slip, I was called in, in the panel, you had the HR Mngr, the Dept Mngr (both black) and Coperate Mngr (American) who was on Skype from their HQ outside the Country, I started out not too well, but as the interiview wore on my confidence grew, to the point where I was myself, totally relaxed and even giving my opinions on some things they asked, at the end I felt I did ok, but they had others to interview I was told, so I left crossing my fingers for the best, after about, one week, I got a mail from them, asking me to visit their Port Harcourt office for further discussion, I was over the moon, wow, finally I was close to getting a negotiation, I got to their office in PH, cool office, was expecting HR to come for negotiation, only for the Base Mngr to come invited me in, and started another round of interview, I wasn’t prepared, damn!! But thank God, my preparation over the 1st interview was soo intense that it stuck in my brain, and I was able to do ok, but I wasn’t impressed with my performance, I was scared I had goofed, after the interview he asked me If I had a question I told him no, I was really disappointed…..i left their office having a million thoughts run thur my head, I asked God just a favour, to help me scale thru this, because honestly I had put in a lot but didn’t know that I was going for another round of interview when I was asked to go to their PH office.

Then just Yesterday, 3 days after the PH office interview, I got that call that Changed my Life……it’s been a grueling yet awesome process, the negotiation was Good darn Good!!! I just want to say Thank you Jehovah!! He really shone on me when I needed it the most!
#KeepBelieving#
#Nothing is impossible#

Thank God for your life. @Austinosita, take note.
Re: The Call That Changed My Life...... by topygel12: 10:31pm On Apr 09, 2017
Congratulations my brother for your new job, wishing you a speedy elevation and a wonderful career , please do you have other certification apart from the experience, if yes, what are they? Was there any age restriction?

Sorry for the too many questions, once again congratulations
Re: The Call That Changed My Life...... by Yookney: 5:01am On Apr 10, 2017
topygel12:
Congratulations my brother for your new job, wishing you a speedy elevation and a wonderful career , please do you have other certification apart from the experience, if yes, what are they? Was there any age restriction?

Sorry for the too many questions, once again congratulations

Tnx dear, though I have certifications and various training with regards to oil and gas projects the position didn't specify any, though I know it was a plus, there was no age restrictions because the position was for 8-10 yrs experience
Re: The Call That Changed My Life...... by Vine4(m): 8:08am On Apr 11, 2017
Yookney:

OK go ahead and pm me. Tnx man

OK. Please who knows how to PM someone on nairaland
Re: The Call That Changed My Life...... by Yookney: 8:20am On Apr 11, 2017
Vine4:

OK. Please who knows how to PM someone on nairaland

Click on the profile of who you want to pm then you'll see send Email click on it. That would send a request to the person if he replies the request then you can mail him directly
Re: The Call That Changed My Life...... by Skilme(m): 9:54am On Apr 11, 2017
Congratulations brother.... I tap into your testimony

1 Like

Re: The Call That Changed My Life...... by kynbasil01: 11:08am On Apr 11, 2017
Yookney:
The Call that changed my life…

“hello? Am I speaking with Dave, …Yes, OK a quick one Dave, This is Shirley from…..(I don’t want to give out the name of the coy), I just want to know how much you earn currently”…. This was the final stages of an employment process that begun about a month ago… I will just give a brief background of myself, I am a graduate of Engineering from one of the most prestigious Federal Univ in Nigeria, after my NYSC I travelled out and got an Msc in Engineering from a premier Univ in the UK, stayed there for a while but couldn’t click a good high engineering paying job, I got close many times, in fact in one I had passed all the stages even met with my supposed co-workers only for me to be told the company was downsizing and couldn’t take us all that got to the final stage we were about 14, they took only 5, I was heart broken, I had already seen my self buying a house and my dream car (a Range lol) . while in UK I had contacts from Nigerian coys asking me to come over, so after about 4yrs I decided to relocate back to Nigeria.
I was eyeing the very big coys in Oil and Gas, Mobil, Chevron, Total wasn’t even considering SHELL lol, but after like 6months and not getting any I was willingly to try any good one (because it’s not good not being engaged and having much bills to pay)I ended up with a foreign coy but not my dream coy, it was good, but condition of service could have been better, but thanked God for it, started with about 3M per annum, and didn’t have much increase in the years that followed, then recession came, and downsizing started, though it didn’t affect me, but it affected a lot of folks I knew not just in my coy, but in the industry, my salary was slashed, allowances reduced, I decided it was time to try again to get something better, with better working conditions and services
I have been a guest in NL for years but never bothered looking at the Jobs/Vacancies section, but I was determined to give every avenue a chance, registered with both foreign and local job sites, my inbox was flooded daily with adverts, I got a couple of phone interviews, that didn’t progress to having a face-to-face interviews, I was becoming a bit agitated, I must say, job hunting is an art, and one must really be meticulous in preparing your CV and cover letter to suit PERFECTLY with the Job Description of the job you are applying, and that’s what I started doing, I stopped just sending generic CVs to jobs that matched my profile but took time to customize each CV to a specific Job

And it paid off, I had applied to over 30 positions in less than 2 months, I got a mail from this coy, inviting me for an interview in Lagos, (Im in South-South), just a brief description of this coy, they are one of the biggest players in Oil and Gas subsea projects, having over 40k plus staff globally and in about 50 countries, so when I got the mail I was ecstatic, I had only 2 days to prepare, I started immediately researching on the Job description, what and what I was expected to know, dug deep into the company profile, checked out Glassdoor website on their recruitment process interview questions and all,
The d-day, got my best suit, looked dapper and dazzling, told myself I wasn’t gonna let this slip, I was called in, in the panel, you had the HR Mngr, the Dept Mngr (both black) and Coperate Mngr (American) who was on Skype from their HQ outside the Country, I started out not too well, but as the interiview wore on my confidence grew, to the point where I was myself, totally relaxed and even giving my opinions on some things they asked, at the end I felt I did ok, but they had others to interview I was told, so I left crossing my fingers for the best, after about, one week, I got a mail from them, asking me to visit their Port Harcourt office for further discussion, I was over the moon, wow, finally I was close to getting a negotiation, I got to their office in PH, cool office, was expecting HR to come for negotiation, only for the Base Mngr to come invited me in, and started another round of interview, I wasn’t prepared, damn!! But thank God, my preparation over the 1st interview was soo intense that it stuck in my brain, and I was able to do ok, but I wasn’t impressed with my performance, I was scared I had goofed, after the interview he asked me If I had a question I told him no, I was really disappointed…..i left their office having a million thoughts run thur my head, I asked God just a favour, to help me scale thru this, because honestly I had put in a lot but didn’t know that I was going for another round of interview when I was asked to go to their PH office.

Then just Yesterday, 3 days after the PH office interview, I got that call that Changed my Life……it’s been a grueling yet awesome process, the negotiation was Good darn Good!!! I just want to say Thank you Jehovah!! He really shone on me when I needed it the most!
#KeepBelieving#
#Nothing is impossible#

congratulations boss... me next
Re: The Call That Changed My Life...... by Yookney: 11:41am On Apr 11, 2017
kynbasil01:
congratulations boss... me next

Amen!!

1 Like

Re: The Call That Changed My Life...... by gabby280(m): 12:39pm On Apr 11, 2017
My Dear,
i appreciate God on your behave. please i need a placement either as entry position, or graduate interns. i am fresh graduate of mechanical engineering with second class upper. i have relevant experience in maintenance and servicing of generators, installation, fabrications, procurement and sales of mechanical parts, general logistics, data presentation and software skills.
i will appreciate if anybody can link me up. i am tired of moving from one company to another without being contacted.
please contact me: gabrieldejeh@gmail.com
Re: The Call That Changed My Life...... by Yookney: 1:02pm On Apr 11, 2017
gabby280:
My Dear,
i appreciate God on your behave. please i need a placement either as entry position, or graduate interns. i am fresh graduate of mechanical engineering with second class upper. i have relevant experience in maintenance and servicing of generators, installation, fabrications, procurement and sales of mechanical parts, general logistics, data presentation and software skills.
i will appreciate if anybody can link me up. i am tired of moving from one company to another without being contacted.
please contact me: gabrieldejeh@gmail.com

You have good grade and experience for a fresh graduate so just be patient register with good job sites u will surely be called .you can also pm me your cv

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

.......... / Supermart.ng Assessment And Interview Invite / If Your Presently Not Working Please Come Here Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.