Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,555 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:17 PM

3 Quick Thoughts On The Movie; The Wedding Party - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 3 Quick Thoughts On The Movie; The Wedding Party (666 Views)

3 Simple Steps To Stop Thinking Negative Thoughts / 3 Quick, Effective Tips To Recover Disabled Facebook Account Fast in 48hrs / Who Is Your Favourite Actor In The WEDDING PARTY MOVIE And Why (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Quick Thoughts On The Movie; The Wedding Party by kpotu(m): 2:29pm On Apr 08, 2017
Yes!
Kemi Adetiba did a marvelous work.
Did y'all see how crispy and clean the pictures were? The sound? How about the cuisines, members of the cast, the aso-ebis, artwork? Trust me, it must have cost a fortune to put out such a superb production.

Having watched the movie over and over again (yeah, entertaining movies can have that effect), couldn't help but notice these reoccurring thoughts, and i wanna share 'em with you

1. Richard Mofe Damijo (Father of the Groom) is a wrong cast
You CAN'T take it away from him, RMD still remains one of our finest actors. His understanding and interpretation of roles as an actor is pure ingenious. However the character of Chief Felix Onwuka (Father of the Groom) in The Wedding Party has Zack Orji written all over it. Zack naturally has that wealthy-but-brooding demeanor that perfectly matches a rich man undergoing torrid times at the hands of his cold and cynical wife; the character that Chief Felix Onwuka is trying to cut. RMD is too happy face for that role. Also throw in the little matter of Zack being an Igbo man, you have a round peg in a round hole.

2. Banky Wellington (Banky W) can't dance to save his life
I mean this guy is an artiste, but he can't dance to save his life! Whatsup with that one move of swinging his shoulders with his head (oops my bad), I mean his face facing up. Nah!
Can he sing; yes. Can he act;yes. Can he rap;yes yes. Can he dance; I rather pick 2face.

3. Is Adesua Etomi (Dunni, the Bride) a virgin?
Adesua interpretation of the character Dunn,i was so flawless that I came to the conclusion maybe, just maybe she is a virgin.
Did you just see her. From her awkward self consciousness while kissing Dozie, to her naivety (which by the way look so adorable) to her facial and body language. Kai she nailed it.

All in all, it is a great effort. Alibaba brings his witty and dynamic persona to it. Zainab Balogun kept us laughing all through, and Beverly was just a delight to watch, and i mean every letter of it.
The Wedding Party, if you haven't seen it. Go see it.
It worth it.
Re: 3 Quick Thoughts On The Movie; The Wedding Party by sheeda995(f): 3:35pm On Apr 08, 2017
kpotu:
Yes!
Kemi Adetiba did a marvelous work.
Did y'all see how crispy and clean the pictures were? The sound? How about the cuisines, members of the cast, the aso-ebis, artwork? Trust me, it must have cost a fortune to put out such a superb production.

Having watched the movie over and over again (yeah, entertaining movies can have that effect), couldn't help but notice these reoccurring thoughts, and i wanna share 'em with you

1. Richard Mofe Damijo (Father of the Groom) is a wrong cast
You CAN'T take it away from him, RMD still remains one of our finest actors. His understanding and interpretation of roles as an actor is pure ingenious. However the character of Chief Felix Onwuka (Father of the Groom) in The Wedding Party has Zack Orji written all over it. Zack naturally has that wealthy-but-brooding demeanor that perfectly matches a rich man undergoing torrid times at the hands of his cold and cynical wife; the character that Chief Felix Onwuka is trying to cut. RMD is too happy face for that role. Also throw in the little matter of Zack being an Igbo man, you have a round peg in a round hole.

2. Banky Wellington (Banky W) can't dance to save his life
I mean this guy is an artiste, but he can't dance to save his life! Whatsup with that one move of swinging his shoulders with his head (oops my bad), I mean his face facing up. Nah!
Can he sing; yes. Can he act;yes. Can he rap;yes yes. Can he dance; I rather pick 2face.

3. Is Adesua Etomi (Dunni, the Bride) a virgin?
Adesua interpretation of the character Dunn,i was so flawless that I came to the conclusion maybe, just maybe she is a virgin.
Did you just see her. From her awkward self consciousness while kissing Dozie, to her naivety (which by the way look so adorable) to her facial and body language. Kai she nailed it.

All in all, it is a great effort. Alibaba brings his witty and dynamic persona to it. Zainab Balogun kept us laughing all through, and Beverly was just a delight to watch, and i mean every letter of it.
The Wedding Party, if you haven't seen it. Go see it.
It worth it.

watched it yesterday, When my friend told me, I thought its one American movie,after knowing its a Nigerian movie and with the way my friend was telling me how intriguing it is, I settled to watch it, to my greatest surprise, its just a waste of time, till now I fail to know the purpose of the movie? I don't just get it.They just wasted money doing the movie, aside it's great picture quality, nothing is in it.The worst thing is the fact that they tried showing us Igbo people are good in English, while the Ekiti people are poor in English, forgetting that Ekiti state has one of the most educated people,many professors are from the state plus Amala is never their food in Ekiti, homes hardly eat Amala on a normal day,not to talk of for their parties, plus Gbegiri is not one of their soups in Ekiti, its for the Oyo's. Pounded yam is their food in both Ondo and Ekiti state plus Egunsi soup. So please where is the sense in the movie?
Re: 3 Quick Thoughts On The Movie; The Wedding Party by sheeda995(f): 3:39pm On Apr 08, 2017
continue to watch and watch, employment no kuku dey Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

Instagram Account Needed / School Uniforms From Around The World. / Lagos Billionaire Jimoh Ibrahim Loses Building To Touts [photo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.