Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,526 members, 7,826,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

Amodu Okays 20 Eagles For Angola - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Amodu Okays 20 Eagles For Angola (619 Views)

Jonathan To Reward Eagles For World Cup Ticket / Jonathan Congratulates The Eagles For Defeating Mali / Nigeria Name 24 For Angola 2010 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amodu Okays 20 Eagles For Angola by Pharoh: 1:55pm On Dec 29, 2009
Super Eagles coach, Shaibu Amodu, has already penciled down 20 players that will make his 23-man team for the African Cup of Nations even as he has yet to make up his mind on the three out of the 13 players left of the 33.

SoccerStar reliably gathered that Amodu is expected to submit the names of the remaining three players on January 2. Topping Amodu’s list are goalkeeper Vincent Enyeama, Dele Aiyenugba, Taye Taiwo, Joseph Yobo, Danny Shittu, Onyekachi Apam, Elderson Echiejile, Dele Adeleye and Yusuf Mohammed. Others are Victor Obinna nsofor, Obafemi Martins, Nwankwo Kanu, Mikel Obi, Seyi Olofinjana and Femi Ajilore. Others are Sani Kaita, Osaze Odemwingie, Michael Eneramo.

Yusuf Ayila and Yakubu Aiyegbeni, France-based Austin Ejide and Greg Etafia are locked in a battle for the third goalkeepers slot. In defence, Obinna Nwaneri, Chidi Odiah and Adefemi Olubayo will fight for the last slot in defence. Fulham midfielder, Dickson Etuhu and Chinedu Ogbuke-Obasi are on queue for a place in the midfield and attacking position respectively. The team’s camp is slated to open in Durban, South Africa on December 29. Nigeria will play her first match against reigning African champions, Egypt, on January 12 in the City of Benguela.

http://odili.net/news/source/2009/dec/28/513.html
Re: Amodu Okays 20 Eagles For Angola by marutimon: 8:29pm On Dec 29, 2009
Eneramo is in, again, dammit,

I hope Yakubu and Obasi make it.
Re: Amodu Okays 20 Eagles For Angola by Iyineda(m): 12:34am On Dec 30, 2009
Yussuf Atanda Ayila not sure to get a spot? Choosing Eneramo over Aiyegbeni and Obasi. . .

Re: Amodu Okays 20 Eagles For Angola by marutimon: 2:20pm On Dec 30, 2009
It may be the way the article is written, but I think Aiyegbeni and Ayila are part of the 20. I started counting and with Eneramo that makes 18. The article speaks of 20.
Re: Amodu Okays 20 Eagles For Angola by DrKitaun(m): 3:29pm On Dec 30, 2009
The untouchables in that team are;

Enyeama

Ejide

Aiyenugba

Odiah

Apam

Taiwo

Echejile

Yobo

Shittu

Adeleye

Olofinjana

Mikel

Uche

Osaze

Kaita

Ajilore

Eneramo

Yakubu

Kanu

Nsofor

Ogbuke - 50:50 chance

Olufemi - 50:50 chance also

Nwaneri - It wont surprise me if he makes the team

Sodje - where is he ?

*** Martins . . .is he fit to play

*** Ayila - would be dropped !

***Etafia - except a miracle happens, he should wait for his time !

IK UCHE - this is the one player we would miss most !

Rabiu Ibrahim - this boy would have made a hell of impact . . .
Re: Amodu Okays 20 Eagles For Angola by marutimon: 3:47pm On Dec 30, 2009
Ajilore and Adefemi are out smiley

Nwaneri is in cheesy

We officially have no player in the squad that plays as a midfielder for his club cheesy
Re: Amodu Okays 20 Eagles For Angola by BloodShed1: 7:18pm On Dec 30, 2009
Dr Kitaun:

Rabiu Ibrahim - this boy would have made a hell of impact . . .

WHY THE HELL DID THEY LEAVE HIM OUT

And they're not gonna pick Ibenegbu. I heard he's the playmaker-type as well.

I always get mad when that fat slob Amodu's name is mentioned.

(1) (Reply)

Liverpool Renews Interest In Taye Taiwo / Okocha Speaks For Super Eagles Fans / Togo Appeals Over C A F Ban

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.