Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,448 members, 7,836,789 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

Yisraylite, You Need To Be Born Again To Be Saved - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Yisraylite, You Need To Be Born Again To Be Saved (1945 Views)

How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? / What It Means To Be "born Again"! / Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yisraylite, You Need To Be Born Again To Be Saved by Lady234: 2:41pm On Dec 29, 2009
Dear Yisraylite on nairaland, you have to be born again to be SAVED.
John 3:16 says; For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but shall have eternal life.

It doesn't matter the amount of lies you have spread against the Jewish Messiah, Jesus will forgive you, first you have to ask for forgiveness and accept him as your personal Lord and saviour to be saved.

Yisraylite, i know you use the Torah(Old Testament) but you believe Judaism and Christianity are false. You even called Hanukkah(The Jewish festival of Dedication) Jewish crap.Meaning you are not Jewish nor are you a Christian.
This should help you,
Isaiah 53:5
But he was wounded because of our transgressions, he was crushed because of our iniquities: the chastisement of our welfare was upon him, and with his stripes we were healed. Yeshua is the Messiah Yisraylite, He died for Yisraylite, all nairalanders and the whole world.
Everyone has a purpose in life the most important which is to find God.

The most IMPORTANT prayer
If you want to be Born Again and be saved say the following prayer:
Lord Jesus i come to You today, i am sorry for the sins i have committed against You , the Holy Spirit , Elohim and other people(name the sins and ask Jesus to forgive you for the ones you can't remember), wash me with your PRECIOUS BLOOD, cleanse me and forgive me, I GIVE MY LIFE TO YOU TODAY AND I ACCEPT YOU AS MY PERSONAL LORD AND SAVIOUR. Amen.

If you prayed the above prayer and believed what you said then you are BORN AGAIN.
I could be useful if you need spiritual advice or prayers.

Shalom haMashiach(Peace of the Messiah).
Re: Yisraylite, You Need To Be Born Again To Be Saved by Yisraylite(m): 3:01pm On Dec 29, 2009
@ Lady 234

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Exd 14:30 So YAHAWAH saved Yisrayl that day out of the hand of the Egyptians, and Yisrayl saw the Egyptians dead on the seashore.

Deu 33:29 Happy are you, O Yisrayl! Who [is] like you, a people saved by YAHAWAH, The shield of your help And the sword of your majesty! Your enemies shall submit to you, And you shall tread down their high places."

Isa 43:11   I, even I, am YAHAWAH, and besides Me there is no savior. (so much for Jesus Christ a.k.a  Ea-Zeus Christos)

Isa 45:21 Tell and bring forth your case; Yes, let them take counsel together. Who has declared this from ancient time? Who has told it from that time? Have not I, YAHAWAH? And there is no other source of power besides Me, A Just Father and a SAVIOR; There is none besides Me

Deu 20:4 For YAHAWAH your Father is He who goes with you, to fight for you against your enemies, to save you

Hsa 13:4 "Yet I am YAHAWAH your Father ever since the land of Egypt, And you will acknowledge no power or authority but Me; For there is no savior besides Me. ( so much for Jesus Christ a.k.a Ea Zeus the healer, Iesous, Iesus, Yeshua, Yahshua, Yehoshuah etc)

Psa 55:16 As for me, I will call upon YAHAWAH, and YAHAWAH shall save me.

thanks but, no thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
grin grin grin
Re: Yisraylite, You Need To Be Born Again To Be Saved by Lady234: 4:05pm On Dec 29, 2009
To be saved you have to be born again.
Heres what the Torah(Old Testament) says about the Messiah

The Messiah would be rejected
See Isaiah 53:1-3.
Although Jesus was accepted by some people as being the Messiah, he also was rejected by many people. In fact, the rejections led to him being executed, through crucifixion. Isaiah, in the 53rd chapter of the book of Old Testament book of Isaiah, foretold that the Messiah would be rejected. Despite what some modern scholars try to claim, the prophecies of Isaiah 53 have been widely regarded for many, many centuries by Christians and Judaists as being about a Messiah.

The Messiah would be born in Bethlehem
See Micah 5:1-2.
About 2700 years ago, the prophet Micah prophesied that the Messiah would be born in Bethlehem, a small village near Jerusalem. Jesus fulfilled this prophecy about 2000 years ago. Although Jesus was raised in the town of Nazareth, he was born in Bethlehem.

The Messiah would be a descendant of King David
See Jeremiah 23:5.
There are many Messianic prophecies in the Old Testament that predicted the lineage of the Messiah. In Jeremiah 23:5, as well as in other prophecies, we are told that the Messiah would be a descendant of King David. David ruled over the land of Israel about 1000 years before Jesus was born. Jesus is recorded in the New Testament books of Matthew and Luke as being a descendant of King David.

The line of kings from David would endure forever
See 2 Samuel 7:16 as an example.
There's more than one Messianic prophecy in the Old Testament that predicted that the line of kings that began with King David, about 3000 years ago, would be everlasting or eternal. History shows that most dynasties throughout history, throughout the world, were lucky if they lasted more than a few generations. But, because Jesus is fully God and fully human, he is able to be both eternal and a descendant of King David. Jesus is unique in his ability to fulfill this promise that God had made to David, that his throne would endure forever.

Daniel predicted when an anointed one would be rejected
See Daniel 9:24-26.
The prophet Daniel provided a chronology of events that included the revelation that the Messiah would be rejected before the destruction of the second Temple in Jerusalem. The Romans destroyed the Temple in 70 AD, about 40 years after Jesus was crucified. The Temple has never been rebuilt.

There would be a son called God
See Isaiah 9:6-7.
Isaiah, who lived before the time of Jesus, gave a prophecy about a "son" who would be called "Mighty God." Jesus, the Son of God, is fully human and fully God. As such, he is both "son" and "Mighty God."

Throughout the Psalms and prophets of the Old Testament there are countless prophecies about what Messiah would be like. They particularly focus on describing how he would die. Judaism's refusal to accept the idea of a Messiah who dies can only be due to their inattention to these prophecies, a few of which are now presented:-

Old Testament prophecy Fulfilment in Christ
"My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" (Ps. 22:1). These were the very words of Jesus on the cross (Matt 27:46).
"I am despised of the people. All they that see me laugh me to scorn: they shake the head, saying, He trusted on the Lord that he would deliver him: let him deliver him" (Ps. 22:6-cool. Israel despised Jesus and mocked him (Luke 23:35; 8:53); they shook their heads (Matt. 27:39), and said this as He hung on the cross (Matt 27:43).
"My tongue cleaveth to my jaws, they pierced my hands and my feet" (Ps. 22:15,16). This was fulfilled in Christ's thirst on the cross (John 19:28). The piercing of hands and feet refers to the physical method of crucifixion used.
"They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture" (Ps. 22:18). The precise fulfilment of this is found in Matt. 27:35.

Note that Ps. 22:22 is specifically quoted as applying to Jesus in Heb. 2:12.

"I am become a stranger unto my brethren, and am an alien unto my mother's children. For the zeal of thine house hath eaten me up" (Ps. 69:8,9). This well describes Christ's feeling of estrangement from his Jewish brethren and his own family (John 7:3-5, Matt.12:47-49). This is quoted in John 2:17.
"They gave me also gall for my meat; and in my thirst they gave me vinegar to drink" (Ps. 69:21). This happened while Christ was on the cross (Matt. 27:34).

The whole of Isaiah 53 is a remarkable prophecy of Christ's death and resurrection, every verse of which had an unmistakable fulfilment. Just two examples will be given:-

"As a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth" (Isa. 53:7) Christ, the Lamb of God, remained silent during his trial (Matt. 27: 12,14).
"He made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death" (Isa. 53:9). Jesus was crucified along with wicked criminals (Matt. 27:38), but was buried in the tomb of a rich man (Matt. 27:57-60).

It is little wonder that the New Testament reminds us that the "law and prophets" of the Old Testament is the basis of our understanding of Christ (Acts 26:22; 28:23; Rom. 1:2,3; 16:25,26). Jesus himself warned that if we do not properly understand "Moses and the prophets", we cannot understand him (Luke 16:31; John 5:46,47).

That the Law of Moses pointed forward to Christ, and the prophets prophesied of him, should be proof enough that Jesus did not exist physically before his birth. The false doctrine of the physical 'pre-existence' of Christ before birth makes a nonsense of the repeated promises that he would be the seed (descendant) of Eve, Abraham and David. If he were already existing up in heaven at the time of these promises, God would have been incorrect in promising these people a descendant who would be Messiah. The genealogies of Jesus, recorded in Matt. 1 and Luke 3, show how Jesus had a pedigree which stretched back to those people to whom God had made the promises.

The promise to David concerning Christ disallows his physical existence at the time the promise was made: "I will set up thy seed after thee, which shall proceed out of thy bowels, I will be his father, and he shall be my son" (2 Sam. 7:12,14). Notice the future tense used here. Seeing that God would be Christ's Father, it is impossible that the Son of God could have already existed at that point in time when the promise was made. That this seed "shall proceed out of thy bowels"shows that he was to be a literal, physical descendant of David. "The Lord hath sworn in truth unto David, Of the fruit of thy body will I set upon thy throne" (Ps. 132:11).

Solomon was the primary fulfilment of the promise, but as he was already physically in existence at the time of this promise (2 Sam. 5:14), the main fulfilment of this promise about David having a physical descendant who would be God's son, must refer to Christ (Luke 1:31-33). "I will raise unto David a righteous Branch" (Jer. 23:5) - i.e. Messiah.

Similar future tenses are used in other prophecies concerning Christ. "I will raise (Israel) up a Prophet like unto (Moses)" (Deut. 18:18) is quoted in Acts 3:22,23, which defines the "Prophet" as Jesus. "A virgin (Mary) shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel" (Is. 7:14). This was clearly fulfilled in Christ's birth (Matt. 1:23).

Isaiah 53
But he was wounded because of our transgressions, he was crushed because of our iniquities: the chastisement of our welfare was upon him, and with his stripes we were healed. (the Crucifixion of Jesus)

He will be descended from King David (Isaiah 11:1) via Solomon (1 Chronicles 22:8-10, 2 Chronicles

Isaiah 52:7
How beautiful are the feet of the Herald on the mountains, announcing peace, heralding good tidings, announcing salvation, saying to Zion, "Your God has manifested His kingdom."

Isaiah 11:10
He will include and attract people from all cultures and nations.

All who believe in Jesus will be saved
See John 3:16.
There are, according to some scholars, nearly 2000 prophecies in the Bible. Some of those prophecies make is clear that no matter what happens to the world, or to you, salvation is real, and you can have it. Anyone can have salvation. Salvation is guaranteed for believers, and that means forgiveness of sins and eternal life in heaven. One of the Bible verses that promises this is found in John 3:16, which says:For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life

Yeshua is the Messiah Yisraylite, He died for you Yisraylite, all nairalanders and the whole world. You should come to know Him TODAY!
Re: Yisraylite, You Need To Be Born Again To Be Saved by Yisraylite(m): 7:22pm On Dec 29, 2009
@ lady 234

Since you insist on being persistant with your myths and fables of your Christ, let me oblige you cheesy grin

The Messiah would be a descendant of King David
See Jeremiah 23:5.
There are many Messianic prophecies in the Old Testament that predicted the lineage of the Messiah. In Jeremiah 23:5, as well as in other prophecies, we are told that the Messiah would be a descendant of King David. David ruled over the land of Israel about 1000 years before Jesus was born. Jesus is recorded in the New Testament books of Matthew and Luke as being a descendant of King David.

The line of kings from David would endure forever
See 2 Samuel 7:16 as an example.
There's more than one Messianic prophecy in the Old Testament that predicted that the line of kings that began with King David, about 3000 years ago, would be everlasting or eternal. History shows that most dynasties throughout history, throughout the world, were lucky if they lasted more than a few generations. But, because Jesus is fully God and fully human, he is able to be both eternal and a descendant of King David. Jesus is unique in his ability to fulfill this promise that God had made to David, that his throne would endure forever.

{1}Hebraic  Bloodlines ,or  tribal lineage goes through the father's, as it is written:

"
Numbers 1:18"And they assembled all the congregation together on the first day of the second month, and they declared their pedigrees after their families, by the house of their fathers, according to the number of the names, from twenty years old an upward, by their polls

If your Jesus had no human Hebraic father, and he had a so called great supernatural Father Who was himself of no tribe, then Jesus cannot have been the Messiah.Some have tried to resolve this problem by saying that since Joseph was Jesus's adopted father, Jesus's tribe would be reckoned by Joseph's ancestry; but there is no scriptural precedent for reckoning tribal membership in this fashion. Scripture is clear that tribal membership is determined by the biological father's ancestry. (One might just as easily claim that the adopted son of a high priest is qualified to succeed him as high priest, even though high priests must be of Aaron's lineage [Numbers 18].) Joseph's ancestry is also far from clear, as Matthew 1 and Luke 3 give conflicting genealogies for Joseph (though both make him of the tribe of Yahadah). It is clear, therefore, that Yahshayah(Yahshayah (Isaiah)) 7:14 in no way foretells the birth of Jesus.  undecided undecided undecided

So please prove that  your Jesus is of King Dawad's lineage through Solomon, I beg break it down for me ,verse by vesre grin grin
Re: Yisraylite, You Need To Be Born Again To Be Saved by Krayola(m): 7:27pm On Dec 29, 2009
@ Yisraylite

Was Moses hidden in a basket and found by Pharaoh's household?
Re: Yisraylite, You Need To Be Born Again To Be Saved by toneyb: 7:43pm On Dec 29, 2009
Krayola:

@ Yisraylite

grin grin. You shouldn't expect him to answer that kind of question.
Re: Yisraylite, You Need To Be Born Again To Be Saved by AbuZola3(m): 8:28pm On Dec 29, 2009
@lady123- why should a sane person worship one jewish carpental ? What a pity
Re: Yisraylite, You Need To Be Born Again To Be Saved by Yisraylite(m): 9:05pm On Dec 29, 2009
@ Abu zola

@lady123- why should a sane person worship one jewish carpental ? What a pity

Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! grin grin grin grin grin

A fake Jewish Carpenter apprentice cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Nice One Abu Zola!
Re: Yisraylite, You Need To Be Born Again To Be Saved by Yisraylite(m): 9:18pm On Dec 29, 2009
@  Krayola & toneyb

Deu 18:18 I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brethren, and will put My words in His mouth, and He shall speak to them all that I command Him

Deut17:15", You may appoint a king over you, whom YAHAWAH your Father shall choose: one from among your brethren shall you set as king over you

Did you get that? . The key here is “like you from among you brethren, and one from among your brethren shall you set as king over you”.  Not a half spirit half man

From Deut 17:15 & 18:18 Abba YAHAWAH says this prophet and king shall be like Masha(Moses,Musa) a Priest, Leader, and King  appointed by YAHAWAH to rule over His people. That’s right Masha(Moses,Musa) was a Levite priest and also was king in Yis-ra-yl

Deu 33:5 And He(Masha(Moses,Musa)) was King in Yahshurun, When the leaders of the people were gathered, All the tribes of Yis-ra-yl together.

Masha(Moses,Musa) was born of a human father and mother from the Tribe of Lewi:

Exd 2:1   AND a man of the house of Levi went and took as wife a daughter of Levi.

Exd 2:2   So the woman conceived and bore a son. And when she saw that he was a beautiful child, she hid him three months.

Exd 2:3 And when she could no longer hide him, she took for him an ark of reeds, and plastered it with resin and with pitch, and put the child in it, and laid it in the sedge on the bank of the river.

I hope that answered your questions grin
Re: Yisraylite, You Need To Be Born Again To Be Saved by AbuZola3(m): 11:11pm On Dec 29, 2009
their arrogancy won't allow them to believe, satan is at work, uhhh , a whole me worship a god that was killed by his enemy infact he cried like goat while dying mathew 27 vs 46, gushhhhhhhhhhh

cheesy cheesy
Re: Yisraylite, You Need To Be Born Again To Be Saved by ancel(m): 11:48pm On Dec 29, 2009
Krayola:

@ Yisraylite

@krayola: Wow. That is a very wise question! If Yisraylite answered it properly, he would understand what he needs to understand.
Re: Yisraylite, You Need To Be Born Again To Be Saved by Krayola(m): 12:23am On Dec 30, 2009
@ Yisralite. . U keep taking cheap shots at Christian beliefs. Are u aware the birth story of Moses, the guy u keep trying to claim is your ancestor, was "plagiarized". Yesterday you posted all these "myths" that have lots in common with the Story of Jesus, and go on and on about how ur Hebrew Bible "Old testament" is the real deal. . . If u want to discuss/defend your old testament, create a thread and I'll meet you there. We'll see just how related you are to Abraham and Moses and yadi yadi ya.
Re: Yisraylite, You Need To Be Born Again To Be Saved by PastorAIO: 1:35am On Dec 30, 2009
Krayola:

@ Yisralite. . U keep taking cheap shots at Christian beliefs. Are u aware the birth story of Moses, the guy u keep trying to claim is your ancestor, was "plagiarized". Yesterday you posted all these "myths" that have lots in common with the Story of Jesus, and go on and on about how your Hebrew Bible "Old testament" is the real deal. . . If u want to discuss/defend your old testament, create a thread and I'll meet you there. We'll see just how related you are to Abraham and Moses and yadi yadi ya.
grin grin grin
My changeling mother conceived me, in secret she bore me. She set me in a basket of rushes, with bitumen she sealed my lid. She cast me into the river which rose not over me. The river bore me up and carried me to Akki, the drawer of water. Akki, the drawer of water, took me as his son and reared me. Akki the drawer of water, appointed me as his gardener. While I was gardener Ishtar granted me her love, and for four and (fifty?) , years I exercised kingship.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akkadian_Empire

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sargon_of_Akkad

However you've got to withdraw the allegation of plagiarism. It wasn't plagiarism. It was just a basic formula that all mythologies use when an upstart wants to take over command of a people. Especially if he was a foreigner. He would say, "actually I came from you people but my parents hid me and I was discovered by shepherds in a foreign land and they raised me but now I'm back. Yeah my dad was the previous king so now I'm back to reclaim my throne." That is the basic outline but there are many variations of this myth. being hidden in the reeds on a river is a common variation though. a very common one, I'll find more examples with time. cheesy

The Bini people even have a version where they claim that the oba didn't come from Ife originally but rather he was the son of the previous oba who was exiled or got lost and ended up in Ife. After civilising the yorubas he decided to check up on how things were back home. The people begged him to come back and rule but he sent his son instead.
Re: Yisraylite, You Need To Be Born Again To Be Saved by Krayola(m): 1:52am On Dec 30, 2009
haha. that's why I put "plagiarized" in quotes.

I want to see professor Yisraelite school us on his "Ancestral" religion.
Re: Yisraylite, You Need To Be Born Again To Be Saved by PastorAIO: 2:09am On Dec 30, 2009
The fact is that almost every other story in Genesis can be found in the mythologies of other peoples all over the world. These mythological patterns are not to be taken as history yet they are true in a different sense.

The writers of the old testament were well aware of what they were doing. They were not trying to lie to people or pull wool over their eyes. They simply were not writing history per se. They knew that the story already existed in sumeria and other places. Furthermore their readers, or listeners, knew that these stories existed already too. What you've got to think is 'what do the stories symbolise?'. What are the writers trying to say?

And please I don't want anyone to come with that dry excuse that the devil knew what God was trying to do so he went back in time and planted fake copies of bible stories in other lands around the world.

That's like saying that the movement for democracy in nigeria was unaware that there was a country called the USA whose political system was called Democracy. No, they were following the pattern of the USA.

The writers of the bible were aware of sumerian and Akkadian myths and they deliberately employed them.
Re: Yisraylite, You Need To Be Born Again To Be Saved by Krayola(m): 2:17am On Dec 30, 2009
Pastor AIO:

The fact is that almost every other story in Genesis can be found in the mythologies of other peoples all over the world.  These mythological patterns are not to be taken as history yet they are true in a different sense. 

The writers of the old testament were well aware of what they were doing.  They were not trying to lie to people or pull wool over their eyes.  They simply were not writing history per se.  They knew that the story already existed in sumeria and other places.  Furthermore their readers, or listeners, knew that these stories existed already too.  What you've got to think is 'what do the stories symbolise?'.  What are the writers trying to say?

And please I don't want anyone to come with that dry excuse that the devil knew what God was trying to do so he went back in time and planted fake copies of bible stories in other lands around the world. 

That's like saying that the movement for democracy in nigeria was unaware that there was a country called the USA whose political system was called Democracy.  No, they were following the pattern of the USA. 

The writers of the bible were aware of sumerian and Akkadian myths and they deliberately employed them. 

GBAM!!!

2500+ years ago, things worked differently. The people that wrote these things were not writing using our 21st century standards and obsession with exact dates, factual information, etc. We have to understand these things in their original context. If people can not survive inside a whale today, they most likely could not 2500 years ago. If people do not live to be 600 years old today, they probably did not live to be 600 years old 2500+ years ago. If people do not walk on water today, they probably did not walk on water 2000 years ago.  We do not need to LIE to ourselves, to have faith in God! God, IMO, would not want such.
Re: Yisraylite, You Need To Be Born Again To Be Saved by noetic15(m): 2:19am On Dec 30, 2009
Pastor AIO:

The fact is that almost every other story in Genesis can be found in the mythologies of other peoples all over the world. These mythological patterns are not to be taken as history yet they are true in a different sense.

The writers of the old testament were well aware of what they were doing. They were not trying to lie to people or pull wool over their eyes. They simply were not writing history per se. They knew that the story already existed in sumeria and other places. Furthermore their readers, or listeners, knew that these stories existed already too. What you've got to think is 'what do the stories symbolise?'. What are the writers trying to say?

That's like saying that the movement for democracy in nigeria was unaware that there was a country called the USA whose political system was called Democracy. No, they were following the pattern of the USA.

are u insinuating that the biblical version of "events" is a myth?
Re: Yisraylite, You Need To Be Born Again To Be Saved by ancel(m): 2:24am On Dec 30, 2009
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Yisraylite, You Need To Be Born Again To Be Saved by PastorAIO: 2:25am On Dec 30, 2009
noetic15:

are u insinuating that the biblical version of "events" is a myth?

I'm not insinuating anything.  What I've written is very clear, live and direct.  

Jonah and the Whale is the story of Pisces (yes, the astrological sign).
Re: Yisraylite, You Need To Be Born Again To Be Saved by noetic15(m): 2:27am On Dec 30, 2009
Pastor AIO:

I'm not insinuating anything.  What I've written is very clear, live and direct.  

Jonah and the Whale is the story of Pisces (yes, the astrological sign).  

Forgive my inability to gasp ur point. . . . . does ur post answer YES to my question?
Re: Yisraylite, You Need To Be Born Again To Be Saved by PastorAIO: 2:45am On Dec 30, 2009
noetic15:

Forgive my inability to gasp your point. . . . . does your post answer YES to my question?

You are an intelligent man. Reflect on this:
Virgin birth

Karna was born to his mother Kunti by his father the solar deity Surya. Karna was born, before his mother's marriage to prince Pandu. When Kunti was young, the sage Durvasa visited her father's palace. She served the sage with utmost care for an entire year. Pleased by her service and hospitality, the sage foresaw her future difficulty after marriage of not having a child through Pandu, and hence granted her a boon to overcome this difficulty. By this boon she could call upon any god of her choice, and beget a child. Out of curiosity, Kunti still being unmarried, decided to test the power of the boon. She invoked the mantra and called Surya. Bounded by the power of the mantra, Surya appeared before her and granted her a son, who was as radiant and robust as Surya himself. This baby was born with an armour ('Kavacha') and a pair of earrings ('Kundala') attached to him. Though Kunti retained her virginity, she was unwilling to face the world as an unwed mother. With the help of her maid(Dasi) DHATRI,She placed the baby Karna in a basket and set him afloat on the holy river Ganga in the hope that he would be taken in by another family.
[edit]Upbringing

The child Karna was found by Adhiratha-- a charioteer of the king Dhritarashtra. He and his wife Radha raised Karna as their own son and named him Vasusena.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karna
Re: Yisraylite, You Need To Be Born Again To Be Saved by ancel(m): 2:49am On Dec 30, 2009
@Pastor AIO:

Me i no go school o. Can you enlighten us on how Pisces relates to Jonah, and thus back up that claim of yours? This was what I found?!

One myth of Pisces tells us that Venus and her son Cupid were at the Euphrates River in Syria. Suddenly, Typhœus, who was a dreadful and horrifying monster, appeared and frightened them. Venus and Cupid leaped into the river and changed themselves into two fish to escape danger.

Diognetus of Erythrea says that many Syrians, who live closest to this area, abstained from eating fish so as not to anger the gods and lose protection or to entrap the gods themselves.
Re: Yisraylite, You Need To Be Born Again To Be Saved by PastorAIO: 3:00am On Dec 30, 2009
ancel:

@Pastor AIO:

Me i no go school o. Can you enlighten us on how Pisces relates to Jonah, and thus back up that claim of yours? This was what I found?!

I'll tackle that in a bit. Maybe tomorrow morning, but now I want to provide the myth of the birth of Oedipus. Everybody knows Oedipus right? Oedipus complex etc . . . Well this is the story of his birth, which also fits neatly into the story of the birth of King Darab of Iran.
OEDIPUS

The parents of Oedipus, King Laius and his queen, Jocasta, lived for a long time in childless wedlock. Laius, who longs for an heir, asks the Delphic Apollo for advice. The oracle answers that he may have a son if he so desires; but fate has ordained that his own son will kill him. Fearing the fulfillment of the oracle, Laius refrains from conjugal relations, but being intoxicated one day he nevertheless procreates a son, whom he causes to be exposed in the river Cithaeron, barely three days after his birth. In order to be quite sure that the child will perish, Laius orders his ankles to be pierced. According to the account of Sophocles, which is not the oldest, however, the shepherd who has been intrusted with the exposure, surrenders the boy to a shepherd of King Polybus, of Corinth, at whose court he is brought up, according to the universal statement. Others say that the boy was exposed in a box on the sea, and was

p. 21

taken from the water by Periböa, the wife of King Polybus, as she was rinsing her clothes by the shore. 1 Polybus brought him up as his own son.
A very similar legend is the Persian epic of King Darab, told by the poet Firdausi. 2 The last Kiranian Behmen nominated as his successor his daughter and simultaneous wife Humâi; his son Sâsân was grieved and withdrew into solitude. A short time after the death of her husband, Humâi gave birth to a son, whom she resolved to expose. He was placed in a box, which was put into the Euphrates and drifted downstream, until it was stopped by a stone that had been placed in the water by a tanner. The box with the child was found by him, and he carried the boy to his wife, who had recently lost her own child. The couple agreed to raise the foundling. As the boy grew up, he soon became so strong that the other children were unable to resist him. He did not care for the work of his foster father, but learned to be a warrior. His foster mother was forced by him to reveal the secret of his origin, and he joined the army that Humâi was then sending out to fight the king of Rim. Her attention being called to him by his bravery, Humâi readily recognized him as her son, and named him her successor.
Re: Yisraylite, You Need To Be Born Again To Be Saved by PastorAIO: 3:05am On Dec 30, 2009
When Acrisius heard oracle from Delphi, he was told instead that a child from his daughter is destined to kill him. Acrisius fearing his destiny imprisoned his daughter in a tower. But the god Zeus, appeared in the form of shower of gold, had sex with Danaë (Δανάη).
und that Danaë had given birth to a son, Perseus, Acrisius locked both mother and child in a chest and threw them into the sea. Zeus asked his brother, Poseidon, to guide the chest to the island of Seriphus, where the fisherman Dictys found them. Dictys was a son of Magnes and a naiad nymph, brother of Polydectes. Magnes being a son of Aeolus, would make Dictys and Polydectes Aeolids.

When Perseus grew into a strong young man, Polydectes, who was Dictys' brother, was the king of Seriphus, fell in love with Danaë. Polydectes wanted to marry her, but did not want or like her son, Perseus.

http://www.timelessmyths.com/classical/perseus.html#Early
Re: Yisraylite, You Need To Be Born Again To Be Saved by AbuZola3(m): 3:06am On Dec 30, 2009
Wow ! Pastor ! I never knew you are so intelligent, kudos, i'll be following post hence forth so educative
Re: Yisraylite, You Need To Be Born Again To Be Saved by MrCrackles(m): 3:06am On Dec 30, 2009
Poster. . .

Fat lies. . .You dont need to be born again to be saved!
Re: Yisraylite, You Need To Be Born Again To Be Saved by PastorAIO: 3:07am On Dec 30, 2009
English name Austral Fish
Major
stars alpha Piscis Austrini Fomalhaut magn. 1,2 RA: 22h 57m 39.01s Dec: -29° 37' 19.7"
Description Small constellation of the southern sky, situated to the south of Aquarius.
It contains only one bright heavenly object, Fomalhaut (from Arab, "mouth of the fish"wink, a white-blue star about 22 light-years away. There are then some double stars, among which beta Piscis Austrini, easy to be observed, and gamma Piscis Austrini, more difficult to be separated.

Mythology
and history Eratostenes tells that the Syrian goddess Derceto fell into a lake, where she ran the risk of drowning. But a big fish intervened and brought her to shore: to thank her saver, the goddess the made it sacred and put it among the constellations. For this reason, Hyginus adds, the Syrians never eat any fish, thinking that it is just like a god.

http://www.astrofilitrentini.it/mat/costell/psa_e.html
Re: Yisraylite, You Need To Be Born Again To Be Saved by AbuZola3(m): 3:10am On Dec 30, 2009
Ride on, i feel you,
Re: Yisraylite, You Need To Be Born Again To Be Saved by PastorAIO: 3:11am On Dec 30, 2009
The same theme was used as recently as the 19th century in the story of Pinocchio.  You know how that ended.

After running away, he got swallowed by a big fish and when he eventually got spewed out he was no longer a puppet but a real boy!
Re: Yisraylite, You Need To Be Born Again To Be Saved by AbuZola3(m): 3:12am On Dec 30, 2009
Hmmm, but could that be real ?
Re: Yisraylite, You Need To Be Born Again To Be Saved by PastorAIO: 3:15am On Dec 30, 2009

Eratosthenes called this the Great Fish and said that it was the parent of the two smaller fishes of the zodiacal constellation Pisces. Like Pisces, its mythology has a Middle Eastern setting that reveals its Babylonian origin. According to the brief account of Eratosthenes, the Syrian fertility goddess Derceto (the Greek name for Atargatis) is supposed to have fallen into a lake at Bambyce near the river Euphrates in northern Syria, and was saved by a large fish. Hyginus says, in repetition of his note on Pisces, that as a result of this the Syrians do not eat fish but they worship the images of fish as gods. All the accounts of this constellation’s mythology are disappointingly sketchy.

Bambyce later became known to the Greeks as Hieropolis (meaning ‘sacred city’), now called Manbij. Other classical sources tell us that temples of Atargatis contained fish ponds. The goddess was said to punish those who ate fish by making them ill, but her priests ate fish in a daily ritual.

According to the Greek writer Diodorus Siculus, Derceto deliberately threw herself into a lake at Ascalon in Palestine as a suicide bid in shame for a love affair with a young Syrian, Caystrus, by whom she bore a daughter, Semiramis. Derceto killed her lover and abandoned her child, who was brought up by doves and later became queen of Babylon. In the lake, Derceto was turned into a mermaid, half woman, half fish.
http://www.ianridpath.com/startales/piscisaustrinus.htm

In these stories one either gets swallowed by a fish or becomes a fish to escape drowning.
Re: Yisraylite, You Need To Be Born Again To Be Saved by PastorAIO: 3:16am On Dec 30, 2009
Abu Zola:

Hmmm, but could that be real ?
Imagine the story of pinocchio becoming an accepted historical fact. Tell me Abuzola, who would you suicide bomb for that?

(1) (2) (Reply)

What 5 Words Do You Have To Describe Religious People. / SEE The Punishment For Reading A Bible In Saudi Arabia [photos] / SERMON Jotters:mystery Of Divine Interruption{revival Service} -dr. D.K Olukoya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.