Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,436 members, 7,861,213 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 07:19 AM

Yisraylite, You Need To Be Born Again To Be Saved - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Yisraylite, You Need To Be Born Again To Be Saved (1951 Views)

How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? / What It Means To Be "born Again"! / Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yisraylite, You Need To Be Born Again To Be Saved by AbuZola3(m): 3:21am On Dec 30, 2009
Hmmm, am not a terrorist, i can't kill, this is why i got my pics on my profile coz am not and will not be a criminal, so as the sojourn continues, does those myth applies to islamic history ?
Re: Yisraylite, You Need To Be Born Again To Be Saved by Krayola(m): 3:32am On Dec 30, 2009
Pastor AIO:

Imagine the story of pinocchio becoming an accepted historical fact. Tell me Abuzola, who would you suicide bomb for that?

haha. grin grin

Those things wouldn't be believed as historical if they showed up in any other book. I dare anyone to dispute that.

If u dismiss similar stories, wherever else they occur, as superstitious nonsense, or myth, why take the biblical accounts of such literally? How do u go to bed knowing that belief in such (literally) is what u base ur life on? That isn't a rhetorical question, and isn't intended to ridicule anyone. I'm really curious. I want to know how people honestly come to believe these things actually happened.
Re: Yisraylite, You Need To Be Born Again To Be Saved by AbuZola3(m): 3:42am On Dec 30, 2009
@krayola- what of jesus story, born without a father, its also some kind of mythical
Re: Yisraylite, You Need To Be Born Again To Be Saved by PastorAIO: 3:45am On Dec 30, 2009
But is it really impossible to survive being swallowed by a whale? Would you believe the story if you read it here?

The records of the British Admiralty testify that James Bartley, an apprentice seaman on a whaler, was swallowed by a whale in February, 1891, some two hundred miles east of the Falkland Islands in the South Atlantic. He survived the ordeal and this is his amazing tale.

It was his first whaling voyage and he was aboard the whaling ship Star of the East.
The lookout spotted a huge sperm whale half a mile off the port bow and gave the cry 'There she blows!' The ship's sails were slackened and soon her small boats were lowered. A deadly race began between the Star of the East and the immense whale.
Young James BartIey was in the first longboat to reach the side of the prey. They crept up from the rear, so near that the harpooner leaned over and rammed his weapon deep into the whale's vitals. As the stricken beast sought to free itself of the harpoon, Bartley and the other oarsmen rowed frantically to get out of reach of the massive flukes, the two-pronged tail which threshed the water to foam in the whale's agony.
The whale sounded and eight hundred feet of heavy line streaked out of the line tub before he ended his dive. Then an ominous slacking in the line signaled the monster was going to surface. But where?
The oarsmen readied themselves to pull for their lives. Without warning there was a splintering crash which sent the longboat spinning into the air. The whale thrashed about wildly, snapping at the men and the wreckage with its huge jaws as the water turned to a bloody froth before he sounded again.
Another longboat picked up the survivors of this encounter, but two men were missing - one of them the young apprentice, James Bartley.
The wind now deserted the Star of the East and for hours she lay becalmed, wallowing in a light swell.
Shortly before sunset, the now dead whale floated to the surface a few hundred yards from the ship. In a longboat, the crew hastily fastened a line to the whale and the winch brought it to the ship's side. The hot weather climate made it imperative that the whale be cut up at once. Having no means of raising it to the deck, the men took their flensing spades and peeled off the blubber as they slipped and slid along the immense back of this giant mammal.
Late that night, working by lantern-light, the tired crewmen removed the stomach of the whale and slowly winched it to the deck for flensing. They were startled to notice movement inside the large sack, movement that looked like something living and breathing. The captain called the ship's doctor who made an incision in the tough flesh. And out slid the doubled up missing sailor, James Bartley, as if he were suffering from severe stomach cramps. He was alive, but unconscious.
The doctor ordered Bartley drenched with sea water, a treatment which restored his consciousness but not his reason, for he babbled incoherently.
Confined to a cabin for several weeks and bound so he could not injure himself in his wild flounderings, Bartley gradually regained his senses. Within a month he was able to relate what had happened to him in his terrifying experience.
Bartley said that as he was cast into the water from the long boat he saw a tremendous mouth open over him and he screamed as he was engulfed by it. He then felt sharp stabbing pains as he was swept across the teeth and then slid feet first down a slimy tube that carried him to the whale's stomach. He could breath, but the hot, fetid odor soon rendered him unconscious and the last thing he remembers was kicking as hard as he could at the soft, yielding stomach. Finally, he lapsed into unconsciousness until he again came to his senses almost a month later.
As a result of his fifteen hours inside the whale's stomach, Bartley lost all the hair on his body and was blind for the rest of his life. His skin was bleached to an unnatural whiteness that gave the appearance of being bloodless, although he was healthy.
James Bartley never made another trip to the sea and settled down to shore life as a cobbler in his native city of Gloucester, England. He died eighteen years after his remarkable survival and terrifying adventure.
On his tombstone in the churchyard at Gloucester is a brief account of his experience at sea and a footnote, which says: James Bartley -1870-1909 - A Modem Jonah.
http://www.ycaol.com/swallowed.htm
Re: Yisraylite, You Need To Be Born Again To Be Saved by ancel(m): 3:56am On Dec 30, 2009
Since it appears we are all enjoying long posts, I have something for those who have many questions about Jonah and his Fish, and also have time to consider historical and scientific facts objectively. I present an interesting article:

http://www.evcforum.net/cgi-bin/dm.cgi?action=msg&f=1&t=202&m=1
Re: Yisraylite, You Need To Be Born Again To Be Saved by ancel(m): 4:03am On Dec 30, 2009
@Pastor AIO: It's no more remarkable than Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego in the fiery furnace, or Paul picking up a serpent, or any other miraculous work of wonder. If God brought the world to pass out of nothing, why can't he create an air-sac around Jonah to preserve him, or make the fish open its mouth more often to let in more air?
Re: Yisraylite, You Need To Be Born Again To Be Saved by Krayola(m): 11:15am On Dec 30, 2009
Oh boy!? cry cry
Re: Yisraylite, You Need To Be Born Again To Be Saved by PastorAIO: 11:29am On Dec 30, 2009
ancel:

Since it appears we are all enjoying long posts, I have something for those who have many questions about Jonah and his Fish, and also have time to consider historical and scientific facts objectively. I present an interesting article:

http://www.evcforum.net/cgi-bin/dm.cgi?action=msg&f=1&t=202&m=1
Some people have dismissed the Book of Jonah as mere allegory. Many people have done this, however, because they were not aware of various information that is available in the disciplines of science and history that lends credence to the Jonah account. For example, this webpage offers expert testimony and other evidence that supports a sperm whales gullet is big enough to fit a man. Also, I do offer historical/archeological support for the Book of Jonah that readers will find interesting.

Taken from the link Ancel provided.

The problem is not whether or not it is scientifically possible. The issue is that such stories have precedents elsewhere. Do I take it as allegory? Yes, I do, and I'm in good company because so does Jesus.

38 Then certain of the scribes and of the Pharisees answered, saying, Master, we would see a sign from thee. 39 But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas: 40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.
Re: Yisraylite, You Need To Be Born Again To Be Saved by Yisraylite(m): 3:12pm On Dec 30, 2009
@ Lady 234

Similar future tenses are used in other prophecies concerning Christ. "I will raise (Israel) up a Prophet like unto (Moses)" (Deut. 18:18) is quoted in Acts 3:22,23, which defines the "Prophet" as Jesus. "A virgin (Mary) shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel" (Is. 7:14). This was clearly fulfilled in Christ's birth (Matt. 1:23).

[1] "I will raise (Israel) up a Prophet like unto (Moses)" (Deut. 18:18) is quoted in Acts 3:22,23, which defines the "Prophet" as Jesus.

May I submit that  your Jesus was not like unto Moses! Masha(Musa) had a Hebraic father while according to the catholic immaculate conception Jesus did not! adoption cannot transfer a bloodline and the so called Holy Ghost would not have any tribal affiliations or Bloodline besides, Mary came from Nathan's line not Solomon!

[b]Deu 18:18 I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brethren, and will put My words in His mouth, and He shall speak to them all that I command Him

Deut17:15", You may appoint a king over you, whom YAHAWAH your Father shall choose: one from among your brethren shall you set as king over you

Did you get that? Let me explain. The key here is “like you from among your brethren, and one from among your brethren shall you set as king over you”.  Not a half spirit half man

From Deut 17:15 & 18:18 Abba YAHAWAH says this prophet and king shall be like Masha(Moses,Musa) a Priest, Leader, and King  appointed by YAHAWAH to rule over His people. That’s right Masha(Moses,Musa) was a Levite priest and also was king in Yis-ra-yl

Deu 33:5 And He(Masha(Moses,Musa)) was King in Yahshurun, When the leaders of the people were gathered, All the tribes of Yis-ra-yl together.

Masha(Moses,Musa) was born of a human father and mother from the Tribe of Lewi:

Exd 2:1   AND a man of the house of Levi went and took as wife a daughter of Levi.

Exd 2:2   So the woman conceived and bore a son. And when she saw that he was a beautiful child, she hid him three months.

Exd 2:10   And the child grew, and she brought him to Pharaoh's daughter, and he became her son. So she called his name Masha(Moses,Musa) saying, "Because I drew him out of the water."

Num 26:59  The name of Amram's wife was Yochebed the daughter of Levi, who was born to Levi in Egypt; and to Amram she bore Aharon and Masha(Moses,Musa) and their sister Miriam.

Exd 2:11   Now it came to pass in those days, when Masha(Moses,Musa) was grown, that he went out to his brethren and looked at their burdens. And he saw an Egyptian beating a Hebrew, one of his brethren.

And like Masha(Moses,Musa), this king and prophet would be born of a father and mother like all the rest of us all born of parents not ghosts or spirits !!!!  And like Masha(Moses,Musa), He would come from among his brethren.
[/b]

[2] "A virgin (Mary) shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel" (Is. 7:14). This was clearly fulfilled in Christ's birth (Matt. 1:23).

[b]Isa 7:14 Therefore YAHAWAH Himself shall give you a sign: Behold, the young woman is with child, and she will bear a son, and shall call his name ‘Immanu-Yah’.

Isa 7:16 For before the Child shall know to refuse the evil and choose the good, the land that you dread will be forsaken by both her kings

Isa 8:3 Then I went to the prophetess, and she conceived and bore a son. Then YAHAWAH said to me, "Call his name Maher-Shalal-Hash-Baz

Isa 8:4 for before the child shall have knowledge to cry 'My father' and 'My mother,' the riches of Damascus and the spoil of Samaria will be taken away before the king of Assyria." 

Isa 8:5 YAHAWAH also spoke to me again, saying: 

Isa 8:6 "Inasmuch as these people refused The waters of Shiloah that flow softly, And rejoice in Rezin and in Remaliah's son; 

Isa 8:7 Now therefore, behold, YAHAWAH brings up over them The waters of the River, [fn] strong and mighty-- The king of Assyria and all his glory; He will go up over all his channels And go over all his banks. 

Isa 8:8 He will pass through Yahadah, He will overflow and pass over, He will reach up to the neck; And the stretching out of his wings Will fill the breadth of Your land, O Immanu-Yah (YHWH is with us) 

Isa 8:9 "Be shattered, O you peoples, and be broken in pieces! Give ear, all you from far countries. Gird yourselves, but be broken in pieces; Gird yourselves, but be broken in pieces. 

Isa 8:10 Take counsel together, but it will come to nothing; Speak the word, but it will not stand, For YAHAWAH [is] with us (Immanu-Yah)

I hope you don't think you can get away with creating one verse doctrines, You have to see that verse in its full context!!!

THE SEVENTH CHAPTER IN THE BOOK OF ISAIAH BEGINS BY DESCRIBING THE MILITARY CRISIS THAT WAS CONFRONTING KING AHAZ OF THE KINGDOM OF JUDAH.  AROUND THE YEAR 732 B.C.E., THE HOUSE OF DAVID WAS FACING IMMINENT DESTRUCTION AT THE HANDS OF TWO WARRING KINGDOMS: THE NORTHERN KINGDOM OF ISRAEL, LED BY KING PEQAH, AND THE KINGDOM OF SYRIA (ARAM), LED BY KING RETSIN. THESE TWO ARMIES HAD BESIEGED JERUSALEM.  ISAIAH RECORDS THAT THE HOUSE OF DAVID AND KING AHAZ WERE GRIPPED WITH FEAR.  YHWH SENT THE PROPHET ISAIAH TO REASSURE KING AHAZ THAT DIVINE PROTECTION WAS AT HAND YHWH WOULD PROTECT HIM AND HIS KINGDOM AND THAT THEIR DELIVERANCE WAS ASSURED, AND THESE TWO HOSTILE ARMIES WOULD FAIL IN THEIR ATTEMPT TO SUBJUGATE JERUSALEM.

IT IS CLEAR FROM THE NARRATIVE IN THIS CHAPTER, THAT ISAIAH’S DECLARATION (IS 7:14-16) WAS A PROPHECY ABOUT THE UNSUCCESSFUL SIEGE OF JERUSALEM BY THE TWO ARMIES FROM THE NORTH.  THE VERSES ISAIAH 7:15-16 STATE THAT, BY THE TIME THIS CHILD (WHOSE IMMINENT BIRTH WAS FORETOLD IN ISAIAH 7:14) REACHES THE AGE OF MATURITY (“… HE KNOWS TO REJECT BAD AND CHOOSE GOOD …”), THE KINGS OF THE TWO ENEMY NATIONS WILL BE GONE, IN FACT, THEY WILL BE KILLED.  TWO BIBLICAL PASSAGES, 2 KINGS 15:29-30 AND 2 KINGS 16:9, CONFIRM THAT THIS PROPHECY WAS CONTEMPORANEOUSLY FULFILLED WHEN THESE TWO KINGS WERE ASSASSINATED.  WITH AN UNDERSTANDING OF THE CONTEXT OF ISAIAH 7:14 ALONE, IT IS EVIDENT THAT THE NAME OF THE CHILD IN ISAIAH 7:14, IMMANU'YAH, IS A SIGN WHICH POINTS TO THE DIVINE PROTECTION THAT KING AHAZ AND HIS PEOPLE WOULD ENJOY FROM THEIR OTHERWISE CERTAIN DEMISE AT THE HANDS OF THESE TWO ENEMIES.  CLEARLY, ISAIAH 7:14 IS A NEAR-TERM PROPHECY THAT IS PART OF AN HISTORIC NARRATIVE, AND WHICH WAS FULFILLED IN THE IMMEDIATE TIME FRAME, NOT SOME SEVEN-AND-A-HALF CENTURIES IN THE FUTURE.
[/b]
Re: Yisraylite, You Need To Be Born Again To Be Saved by Yisraylite(m): 3:37pm On Dec 30, 2009
@ Lady 234

Quick question:

[1] Your new testament sys this:

John 3:16 says; For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but shall have eternal life.

and yet your Jesus says this: Mat 15:24 But He answered and said, "I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

You  you see a problem with this?

[2] When a woman caught in the act of adultery was brought to your Jesus , It is stated that this was what he said "Jhn 8:11 She said, "No one, Lord." And Jesus said to her, "Neither do I condemn you; go and [fn] sin no more."

and also in this instance He stated this:Jhn 5:14 Afterward Jesus found him in the temple, and said to him, "See, you have been made well. Sin no more, lest a worse thing come upon you."

GO AND SIN NO MORE!!!!  shocked shocked shocked ( Go and do not break the "do not commit adultery Law" anymore)

WHY DID HE NOT SAY TO THESE PEOPLE, I'M GOING TO  DIE FOR YOU TO SAVE YOU FROM YOUR SINS?
Re: Yisraylite, You Need To Be Born Again To Be Saved by wirinet(m): 4:02pm On Dec 30, 2009

The records of the British Admiralty testify that James Bartley, an apprentice seaman on a whaler, was swallowed by a whale in February, 1891, some two hundred miles east of the Falkland Islands in the South Atlantic. He survived the ordeal and this is his amazing tale.

It was his first whaling voyage and he was aboard the whaling ship Star of the East.
The lookout spotted a huge spermatozoa whale half a mile off the port bow and gave the cry 'There she blows!' The ship's sails were slackened and soon her small boats were lowered. A deadly race began between the Star of the East and the immense whale.
    Young James BartIey was in the first longboat to reach the side of the prey. They crept up from the rear, so near that the harpooner leaned over and rammed his weapon deep into the whale's vitals. As the stricken beast sought to free itself of the harpoon, Bartley and the other oarsmen rowed frantically to get out of reach of the massive flukes, the two-pronged tail which threshed the water to foam in the whale's agony.
    The whale sounded and eight hundred feet of heavy line streaked out of the line tub before he ended his dive. Then an ominous slacking in the line signaled the monster was going to surface. But where?
    The oarsmen readied themselves to pull for their lives. Without warning there was a splintering crash which sent the longboat spinning into the air. The whale thrashed about wildly, snapping at the men and the wreckage with its huge jaws as the water turned to a bloody froth before he sounded again.
    Another longboat picked up the survivors of this encounter, but two men were missing - one of them the young apprentice, James Bartley.
    The wind now deserted the Star of the East and for hours she lay becalmed, wallowing in a light swell.
   Shortly before sunset,the now dead whale floated to the surface a few hundred yards from the ship. In a longboat, the crew hastily fastened a line to the whale and the winch brought it to the ship's side. The hot weather climate made it imperative that the whale be cut up at once. Having no means of raising it to the deck, the men took their flensing spades and peeled off the blubber as they slipped and slid along the immense back of this giant mammal.
    Late that night, working by lantern-light, the tired crewmen removed the stomach of the whale and slowly winched it to the deck for flensing. They were startled to notice movement inside the large sack, movement that looked like something living and breathing. The captain called the ship's doctor who made an incision in the tough flesh. And out slid the doubled up missing sailor, James Bartley, as if he were suffering from severe stomach cramps. He was alive, but unconscious.
    The doctor ordered Bartley drenched with sea water, a treatment which restored his consciousness but not his reason, for he babbled incoherently.
    Confined to a cabin for several weeks and bound so he could not injure himself in his wild flounderings, Bartley gradually regained his senses. Within a month he was able to relate what had happened to him in his terrifying experience.
    Bartley said that as he was cast into the water from the long boat he saw a tremendous mouth open over him and he screamed as he was engulfed by it. He then felt sharp stabbing pains as he was swept across the teeth and then slid feet first down a slimy tube that carried him to the whale's stomach. He could breath, but the hot, fetid odor soon rendered him unconscious and the last thing he remembers was kicking as hard as he could at the soft, yielding stomach. Finally, he lapsed into unconsciousness until he again came to his senses almost a month later.
    As a result of his fifteen hours inside the whale's stomach, Bartley lost all the hair on his body and was blind for the rest of his life. His skin was bleached to an unnatural whiteness that gave the appearance of being bloodless, although he was healthy.
    James Bartley never made another trip to the sea and settled down to shore life as a cobbler in his native city of Gloucester, England. He died eighteen years after his remarkable survival and terrifying adventure.
    On his tombstone in the churchyard at Gloucester is a brief account of his experience at sea and a footnote, which says: James Bartley -1870-1909 - A Modem Jonah.

This story is less incredulous than the Jonah story but it is still not believable. I am sure the story was made up.

The bolded parts represent some contradictions in the story. It was said that the whale could not be brought on deck, so how were they able to cut up the whale inside the sea without it sinking? If they indeed managed to cut up the whale while it is floating, why were they after the stomach, one would have thought they would be more interested in the flesh. If as the say the man was unconscious,  how was he able to move enough for them to notice the movements?

What mechanisms made him to be able to breath inside a dead whale for 15hrs, we were not told be was living inside an air chamber in the whale.

How is being drenched with sea water a treatment for partial digestion of the sailor and was able to restore his consciousness.

It was said that it is hot fetid odour that rendered him unconscious for 15 hrs. in reality, reality lack of oxygen would render him unconscious in 5 mins. Are they telling us that animals remain undigested in a whale for up to 15 hrs?

This is what sailors call, old wives tales.
Re: Yisraylite, You Need To Be Born Again To Be Saved by Yisraylite(m): 2:29pm On Dec 31, 2009
@ Lady 234

where you at?, na you I dey wait for grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Haiti Earthquake: An Intimate Account Of Providence In The Midst Of Chaos / Which Sin Do You Think Is The Easiest To Commit? / Why Is It That People Are Afraid To Marry Church Girls?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.