Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,448 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

Dysmenorrhea - The ABC Of Menstrual Pains - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Dysmenorrhea - The ABC Of Menstrual Pains (22859 Views)

Im Dying Of Menstrual Pain / How To Treat Stomach Ache, Typhoid Fever, Menstrual Pains / My Sister Died Of Menstrual Pain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dysmenorrhea - The ABC Of Menstrual Pains by ephi123(f): 2:40pm On Apr 09, 2017
RoyalBlak007:

♤does what?

♤ease cramps?

It reduces cramps, reduces the flow, and most importantly replenishes nutrients back to the body. Spinach is considered a "super food" because it's rich in so many nutrients particularly Iron and Magnesium.
Re: Dysmenorrhea - The ABC Of Menstrual Pains by ephi123(f): 2:42pm On Apr 09, 2017
Nickizoe:

fresh Ginger tea helps too...

you're right. I alternate between ginger, peppermint and chamomile, lots of good teas out there.

2 Likes

Re: Dysmenorrhea - The ABC Of Menstrual Pains by RoyalBlak007: 2:42pm On Apr 09, 2017
ephi123:

It reduces cramps, reduces the flow, and most importantly replenishes nutrients back to the body. Spinach is considered a "super food" because it's rich in so many nutrients particularly Iron and Magnesium.

♤Thank you

♤for this information

1 Like

Re: Dysmenorrhea - The ABC Of Menstrual Pains by megareal: 2:44pm On Apr 09, 2017
peacettw:
Thinking back now, I still can't believe I let my body go through that pain without analgesics having presumed wrongly that the drugs will affect my fertility. Suffice it yo say, after my first child was born, the pain stopped. So, it's all good

That's true. I remember my mum kept telling me the pains will go after my first child but I doubted cos oh boy, it was always a crazy time. Painkillers didn't do jack for me. Truly it stopped after my first child.
Re: Dysmenorrhea - The ABC Of Menstrual Pains by Naijalabel(m): 2:45pm On Apr 09, 2017
peacettw:
Thinking back now, I still can't believe I let my body go through that pain without analgesics having presumed wrongly that the drugs will affect my fertility. Suffice it yo say, after my first child was born, the pain stopped. So, it's all good

Nice insight so is there any side effects of using analgesics to relieve Menstrual cramps?
Re: Dysmenorrhea - The ABC Of Menstrual Pains by Naijalabel(m): 2:46pm On Apr 09, 2017
Some girls don't go tru menstrual cramps

1 Like

Re: Dysmenorrhea - The ABC Of Menstrual Pains by Nickizoe(f): 2:47pm On Apr 09, 2017
ephi123:

you're right. I alternate between ginger, peppermint and chamomile, lots of good teas out there.
Sure...I do same too buh haven't tried your peppermint and chamomile.... although Fresh Ginger tea and Banana has helped so well... I don't have to give excuses to skip work for over 2years now....
Re: Dysmenorrhea - The ABC Of Menstrual Pains by Nobody: 2:47pm On Apr 09, 2017
soberdrunk:
Kai!! This thread just made me Nostalgic, i remember what i went through with my Ex who goes through 'very' painful menstruation, whenever her period is approaching i start preparing myself 'mentally' and 'physically'. A big shout out to all Romantic men, we are the real MVPS!!----- I pack vomit tire, visit pharmacy tire, had like 8 hot water bottles(even one inside car) for the 5days of her period my emotions didnt matter, everything was about her, whatever she wanted to do, watch, eat, drink, the petting was out of this world!!............... angry

1 Like

Re: Dysmenorrhea - The ABC Of Menstrual Pains by Nobody: 2:48pm On Apr 09, 2017
mhizesther:
Seriously it's not easy......tho I get this stomach pain only on the first day of my period....but the pain I go through during ovulation is terrifying embarassed embarassed embarassed

Please tell your bf this...lots of fun activities during ovulation.

Just tell him to use a silencer on his shakabula.

Come back to thank me....
Re: Dysmenorrhea - The ABC Of Menstrual Pains by anochuko01(m): 2:51pm On Apr 09, 2017
damn! I witnessed one last week and I just couldn't stand it. the lady was literally rolling on the floor crying! until she received a certain injection before she was relieved.
Re: Dysmenorrhea - The ABC Of Menstrual Pains by charlet77: 2:51pm On Apr 09, 2017
This is the most wonderful thing i have ever experienced. I visited a forum here on the internet on the 20 march 2017, and i saw a marvelous testimonies on the forum about the good works of DR ewinhare. I never believed it, because have never heard anything about such miracle before. No body would have been able to convince me about it not until DR ewinhare did a marvelous work for me that restored my marriage of 9 years by getting back my divorced Husband within 48 hours just as i read on the internet. I was truly shocked when my Husband came home pleading for forgiveness to accept him back. Am really short of words to show my appreciation to DR ewinhare for he is a God sent to me and my entire family for divine restoration of marriage. Are you in need of any help whatsoever? Don't hesitate to get in touch with him now. He also specializes on the follows;
Divorce/marriage reconciliation
Business growth
Promotion in your place of work/office
Making banks to grants loans
Cures of diseases such as; Cancer, arthritis, Herpes Disease, Sexual Infection E.T.C.
Pregnancy or Fertility spell
Getting your EX/lover back
Getting your wife/husband back
Getting your boyfriend/girlfriend back
Email: ewinharespelltemple@gmail.com
Re: Dysmenorrhea - The ABC Of Menstrual Pains by onyee25(f): 2:52pm On Apr 09, 2017
lipsrsealed
Re: Dysmenorrhea - The ABC Of Menstrual Pains by Berbierklaus(f): 2:53pm On Apr 09, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
Problem women face
embarassed
Re: Dysmenorrhea - The ABC Of Menstrual Pains by Berbierklaus(f): 2:55pm On Apr 09, 2017
megareal:

That's true. I remember my mum kept telling me the pains will go after my first child but I doubted cos oh boy, it was always a crazy time. Painkillers didn't do jack for me. Truly it stopped after my first child.
Pray mine too stops o.

I've actually gotten so used to the pain now that I avoid drugs if I can,until I can't take it no more
Re: Dysmenorrhea - The ABC Of Menstrual Pains by peacettw: 2:55pm On Apr 09, 2017
anochuko01:
damn! I witnessed one last week and I just couldn't stand it. the lady was literally rolling on the floor crying! until she received a certain injection before she was relieved.
Ah yes, went through that as well and all without any pain reliever. To tell you how bad mine was, right before I gave birth to my first child, I was still expecting the talked about 'labour pain' to outdo my worst menstrual pain. Terrible times.
Re: Dysmenorrhea - The ABC Of Menstrual Pains by lizzilicious(f): 2:57pm On Apr 09, 2017
Naughtytboy:
Girls dey try,, Dsts why i will love and pet my gf like no other
aww
Re: Dysmenorrhea - The ABC Of Menstrual Pains by Naughtytboy: 2:58pm On Apr 09, 2017
lampard01:

He be like say craze dey worry you
goat
Re: Dysmenorrhea - The ABC Of Menstrual Pains by ephi123(f): 2:59pm On Apr 09, 2017
Nickizoe:

Sure...I do same too buh haven't tried your peppermint and chamomile.... although Fresh Ginger tea and Banana has helped so well... I don't have to give excuses to skip work for over 2years now....

Loool, tell me about it! In uni, I used to land in the hospital every month, very horrible experience.
Yeah, I've heard about bananas too

1 Like

Re: Dysmenorrhea - The ABC Of Menstrual Pains by Naughtytboy: 3:00pm On Apr 09, 2017
lizzilicious:
aww
Yea baby
Re: Dysmenorrhea - The ABC Of Menstrual Pains by LaPink: 3:01pm On Apr 09, 2017
Green Tea also helps too. Take Sufficient amount of Green Tea every day b4 Ur Period... Say two cups a day. U won't have any Pain or Cramps... And Green Tea is beneficial for other health issues too.

1 Like

Re: Dysmenorrhea - The ABC Of Menstrual Pains by megareal: 3:02pm On Apr 09, 2017
Berbierklaus:

Pray mine too stops o.

I've actually gotten so used to the pain now that I avoid drugs if I can,until I can't take it no more

I'm now a believer in that. It will stop. Pele.
Re: Dysmenorrhea - The ABC Of Menstrual Pains by Yuneehk(f): 3:06pm On Apr 09, 2017
Nickizoe:

fresh Ginger tea helps too...
Please how's the Ginger tea like? Freshly made from Ginger or it's bought in stores
Re: Dysmenorrhea - The ABC Of Menstrual Pains by toogbasky(m): 3:08pm On Apr 09, 2017
Re: Dysmenorrhea - The ABC Of Menstrual Pains by Naijaaussie(m): 3:08pm On Apr 09, 2017
Despite all, she ended up being and 'Ex'? Shed more light bro!
soberdrunk:
Kai!! This thread just made me Nostalgic, i remember what i went through with my Ex who goes through 'very' painful menstruation, whenever her period is approaching i start preparing myself 'mentally' and 'physically'. A big shout out to all Romantic men, we are the real MVPS!!----- I pack vomit tire, visit pharmacy tire, had like 8 hot water bottles(even one inside car) for the 5days of her period my emotions didnt matter, everything was about her, whatever she wanted to do, watch, eat, drink, the petting was out of this world!!............... angry

1 Like

Re: Dysmenorrhea - The ABC Of Menstrual Pains by smartty68(m): 3:09pm On Apr 09, 2017
RealHaute:
Chai! Women dey try. That's why I always ask for their account details and send them millions of naira in my dreams. cry
You're a joker

Re: Dysmenorrhea - The ABC Of Menstrual Pains by Abbeycharles(m): 3:10pm On Apr 09, 2017
Cc

Nickymezor, do you also experience menstrual pain? cool
Re: Dysmenorrhea - The ABC Of Menstrual Pains by harriet412(f): 3:10pm On Apr 09, 2017
The pain is so out of this world embarassedembarassed Sometimes I would just wish, I should have a child fast fast... I hope I'd stop taking drugs for it... Those period are trying times....
Re: Dysmenorrhea - The ABC Of Menstrual Pains by STENON(f): 3:15pm On Apr 09, 2017
olrotimi:
Op should have at least defined dysmenorrhea. Anyways, simple definition is menstrual pain.
Let me add from practical experience :
In this generation, the most implicated cause of menstrual pain is LIFESTYLE. Yes, over indulgence in fast foods which apparently contain alot of sugar is the short cut to having it rough for the few days ur menses would flow.
Ladies would do well to cut down on the carbs, carbonated drinks and all those junks.
I should also add that it bemuses me when ladies decline taking medications esp for severe MP. I'm like WTF, would you rather suffer in pain?
Last last, big ups to the ladies out there, mehn it's not an easy something oooooo. Small stomach pain and I'd be whining like fish, y'all are delicately made of steel.
Thanks alot sir for your additional points. Is there any permanent cure for menstrual Pain?
Re: Dysmenorrhea - The ABC Of Menstrual Pains by Nickymezor(f): 3:16pm On Apr 09, 2017
Abbeycharles:
Cc

Nickymezor, do you also experience menstrual pain? cool
Yeah I do, or rada I used to. Nt any more . All thanks to ibuprofen ...Any way why are u asking oga?
Re: Dysmenorrhea - The ABC Of Menstrual Pains by Nickizoe(f): 3:16pm On Apr 09, 2017
Yuneehk:

Please how's the Ginger tea like? Freshly made from Ginger or it's bought in stores
Just get a clove of ginger, blend it or grate it or pound it..anywey is still cool... Add water about your normal tea cup and cook for 6min...then serve hot or warm....
Re: Dysmenorrhea - The ABC Of Menstrual Pains by MegMich(m): 3:17pm On Apr 09, 2017
ladyF:
Thank God for Felvin grin

Make i go continue my search for bitcoin... Sell to me biko... N380/$

It's LadyF again. grin grin grin

ladyF:
Thank God for Felvin grin

Make i go continue my search for bitcoin... Sell to me biko... N380/$

It's LadyF again. grin grin grin

Felvin is an NSAID which helps considering the pathophysiology at play in primary dysmenorrhea. Need I say that prolonged use of NSAIDs have damaging effects; top on the list of course is ulceration of the gut wall. I know quite a handful of ladies battling ulcer as a result.

Renal papillary necrosis(analgesic nephropathy) is a more dreaded side effects and it is of course, from prolonged use of NSAIDs and other analgesics particularly paracetamol and NSAIDs based

If you must take NSAIDs, you should combine it with drug(s) that protect the gut wall and of course, sparingly.

Abdominal massage and use of hot water bottles have been recommended to help with the pain.

Fortunately, primary dysmenorrhea tends to wane after first pregnancy. For secondary dysmenorrhea, tackle the cause the the pain goes away.

Best wishes!!! Happy Sunday!!

1 Like

Re: Dysmenorrhea - The ABC Of Menstrual Pains by Nobody: 3:18pm On Apr 09, 2017
Men the pain was something else. But suddenly it stop after several years. I really can't tell what stopped .
Am grateful to God that it stopped naturally because I can not imagine having menstral scramp with this recession facing this great country.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PHOTO: 58-year- Old Woman Gives Birth In Kogi / How Do I Get Rid Of Blackhead/ Black Spots On My Face? / I Am HIV Positive And Illegal Immigrant: Advise Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.