Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,658 members, 7,809,488 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:28 AM

My Sister Died Of Menstrual Pain - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Sister Died Of Menstrual Pain (2250 Views)

My Sister's Foot And Toe Are Causing Her A Lot Of Pain (Pictures) / Names & Photos Of Nigerians Who Died Of Coronavirus In UK And USA Released By FG / Dysmenorrhea - The ABC Of Menstrual Pains (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Sister Died Of Menstrual Pain by swuftz: 6:47am On Dec 23, 2016
Fellow Nairalanders, I write this post with a heavy heart. I am confused,highly troubled and devastated. I lost my younger sister 2 days ago to the iron grip of death and am not satisfied with the Doctors explanation as to the cause of death.. Menstrual pain Complication. please Doctors in the house enlighten my ignorance so I can have peace and come to terms with her death. On Tuesday my younger sister went with her husband to see the doctor in a private hospital.The appointment was for a medical check up on the pains she often had during her monthly menstrual cycle. According to the doctor, my sister was examined on arrival in the morning at about 7.30am.He found nothing wrong that could have caused the severe pain during menstruation, he gave her some analgesic and asked her to rest a while before going to the office. My sister worked with Lagos State Ministry of Lands. After 2 hours when she woke up ,the doctor attended to her and they were gisting but she couldn't sit by herself because of the pain and the doctor said he tried to assist her to sit and in the attempt my sister cried suddenly find it difficult to breath and within 20 seconds she was dead. He tried to revive her to no avail. Initially her feet was cold while the upper part of her body was still warm so he gave her injection on the neck cause he couldn't found visible veins anywhere else. But no, it didn't bring her back. The doctor pronounced her death by 1.20pm. That is how we lost her. But am not satisfied with the doctors explanation of the cause of death. Later I found out from the husband that my sister had her last menstrual period 10 days ago. He also said that my sister was under going a treatment with the doctor for fertility induced drug and the pain's she had was as a result of the drug and not menstrual pain's as the doctor said. I asked for a postmortem to be carried out on her to find out the cause of death, the family said no. That the postmortem cannot bring her back. what should I do please. My sister is due to be buried this morning. She was 42 years without a child. please your sincere and matured advice would help in my grief and come to terms with her death. Thank you

1 Like

Re: My Sister Died Of Menstrual Pain by Nobody: 6:50am On Dec 23, 2016
May her soul rest in peace wherever it goes.

1 Like

Re: My Sister Died Of Menstrual Pain by dingbang(m): 6:50am On Dec 23, 2016
Woow. A sad one.
Re: My Sister Died Of Menstrual Pain by segebase(m): 6:52am On Dec 23, 2016
rip
Re: My Sister Died Of Menstrual Pain by Sunnymatey(m): 6:58am On Dec 23, 2016
Sorry for your lost. Your sister died as a result of her desire of have a child. Many more prominent working class woman died this way. The most reasons mothers should never be toyed with.

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Died Of Menstrual Pain by AlexCk: 7:05am On Dec 23, 2016
Sorry for ur loss @Op,

U can request for an autopsy report to find out what really happened, u have a right to know,

I think it could be the search to get pregnant that did this to her, but it could be something else.

Sorry again for your loss,
may she rest in perfect peace.

1 Like

Re: My Sister Died Of Menstrual Pain by eezeribe(m): 7:06am On Dec 23, 2016
Get a lawyer.
Re: My Sister Died Of Menstrual Pain by dominique(f): 7:08am On Dec 23, 2016
Take heart OP, may God console you and the rest of your family sad

I personally have never heard of anybody dying of dysmenorrhea. Your sister couldn't have died from menstural pain since she wasn't on her period. She must have had a deadly allergic reaction to the fertility drugs she was given or even food poisoning. Since an autopsy will not be carried out, we may never know the exact cause of death. If that's how her husband's family wants it, you have no choice but to respect their wishes.

6 Likes

Re: My Sister Died Of Menstrual Pain by Barney11: 7:10am On Dec 23, 2016
please dear, face the reality, she is forever gone will wish you to be happy and move on, ask urself what you think she would have told you if she had a one time chance,she will tell u to move on and remember her In ur prayers. when you are grieving always remember that you also have a last day on earth and everyday counts cos it wont come back again. hold your heart and brace up. it is well and may God accept her soul.
Re: My Sister Died Of Menstrual Pain by rex444(m): 7:46am On Dec 23, 2016
Accept my sympathy but let the dead be....
Re: My Sister Died Of Menstrual Pain by Mrdecent(m): 7:58am On Dec 23, 2016
This is very painful like seriously
Re: My Sister Died Of Menstrual Pain by ChelseaDr(m): 8:40am On Dec 23, 2016
@Op, sorry about your loss, it only God that can console you and the entire family. May she rest in peace, Amen!

Even though the exact cause of her death is unknown, there are possibilities....

The first possibility is what we call ENDOMETRIOSIS (this may not be the immediate cause of her death but could have contributed to it, albeit indirectly). Endometriosis is when the covering of the womb is found outside the womb and this has a lot of complications.

People with this condition usually have chronic pelvic pain (including menstrual pain), infertility and pain during intercourse.... your sister has the first two and if her husband can tell you she probably had the third as well.

Endometriosis can lead to matting or clumping together of internal organs (adhesions) and if this happens on the tubes the fertilized eggs will not move freely into the womb and may remain in the tube to form Ectopic pregnancy.

It is possible she had ruptured Ectopic pregnancy (pregnancy outside the womb that bursted), this is because she has been having treatment for infertility as well as chronic pelvic pain as a result of endometriosis.

Yes she had bleeding 10 days previously...this may or may not be menstruation. It is possible that this pregnancy(in the tube) was in the process of being lost (common at her age) and all the support (hormones... progesterone) being withdrawn leading to the preparations the womb was making to receive the fertilized baby to be dismantled and appear as menstrual bleeding (what we call Arias-Stella reaction).

Ectopic pregnancy especially when ruptured, is a killer. She may have died of haemorrhagic shock (internal bleeding)... remember the sudden collapse and cold extremities.

Another possibility is ruptured ovarian cyst. Though it rarely causes death but it can happen. The endometriosis(which I think she had) may have caused adhesions leading the cyst bursting and bleeding inside.

It could also be ruptured appendix, even though she did not have fever, vomiting or constipation... it could be an atypical presentation anyway.

Like you suggested, autopsy would have answered all these questions but our people have aversion to such.... let's leave it to God, and may He alone console you people

Cheers!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sister Died Of Menstrual Pain by ChelseaDr(m): 8:44am On Dec 23, 2016
swuftz:
Fellow Nairalanders, I write this post with a heavy heart. I am confused,highly troubled and devastated. I lost my younger sister 2 days ago to the iron grip of death and am not satisfied with the Doctors explanation as to the cause of death.. Menstrual pain Complication. please Doctors in the house enlighten my ignorance so I can have peace and come to terms with her death. On Tuesday my younger sister went with her husband to see the doctor in a private hospital.The appointment was for a medical check up on the pains she often had during her monthly menstrual cycle. According to the doctor, my sister was examined on arrival in the morning at about 7.30am.He found nothing wrong that could have caused the severe pain during menstruation, he gave her some analgesic and asked her to rest a while before going to the office. My sister worked with Lagos State Ministry of Lands. After 2 hours when she woke up ,the doctor attended to her and they were gisting but she couldn't sit by herself because of the pain and the doctor said he tried to assist her to sit and in the attempt my sister cried suddenly find it difficult to breath and within 20 seconds she was dead. He tried to revive her to no avail. Initially her feet was cold while the upper part of her body was still warm so he gave her injection on the neck cause he couldn't found visible veins anywhere else. But no, it didn't bring her back. The doctor pronounced her death by 1.20pm. That is how we lost her. But am not satisfied with the doctors explanation of the cause of death. Later I found out from the husband that my sister had her last menstrual period 10 days ago. He also said that my sister was under going a treatment with the doctor for fertility induced drug and the pain's she had was as a result of the drug and not menstrual pain's as the doctor said. I asked for a postmortem to be carried out on her to find out the cause of death, the family said no. That the postmortem cannot bring her back. what should I do please. My sister is due to be buried this morning. She was 42 years without a child. please your sincere and matured advice would help in my grief and come to terms with her death. Thank you

Take heart, check my explanation above
Re: My Sister Died Of Menstrual Pain by qwertygeni: 9:10am On Dec 23, 2016
ChelseaDr:
@Op, sorry about your loss, it only God that can console you and the entire family. May she rest in peace, Amen!

Even though the exact cause of her death is unknown, there are possibilities....

The first possibility is what we call ENDOMETRIOSIS (this may not be the immediate cause of her death but could have contributed to it, albeit indirectly). Endometriosis is when the covering of the womb is found outside the womb and this has a lot of complications.

People with this condition usually have chronic pelvic pain (including menstrual pain), infertility and pain during intercourse.... your sister has the first two and if her husband can tell you she probably had the third as well.

Endometriosis can lead to matting or clumping together of internal organs (adhesions) and if this happens on the tubes the fertilized eggs will not move freely into the womb and may remain in the tube to form Ectopic pregnancy.

It is possible she had ruptured Ectopic pregnancy (pregnancy outside the womb that bursted), this is because she has been having treatment for infertility as well as chronic pelvic pain as a result of endometriosis.

Yes she had bleeding 10 days previously...this may or may not be menstruation. It is possible that this pregnancy(in the tube) was in the process of being lost (common at her age) and all the support (hormones... progesterone) being withdrawn leading to the preparations the womb was making to receive the fertilized baby to be dismantled and appear as menstrual bleeding (what we call Arias-Stella reaction).

Ectopic pregnancy especially when ruptured, is a killer. She may have died of haemorrhagic shock (internal bleeding)... remember the sudden collapse and cold extremities.

Another possibility is ruptured ovarian cyst. Though it rarely causes death but it can happen. The endometriosis(which I think she had) may have caused adhesions leading the cyst bursting and bleeding inside.

It could also be ruptured appendix, even though she did not have fever, vomiting or constipation... it could be an atypical presentation anyway.

Like you suggested, autopsy would have answered all these questions but our people have aversion to such.... let's leave it to God, and may He alone console you people

Cheers!

At Op, my condolences to your family. Please, chelseadr has said most of the likely aetiology. His differentials are on point.

1 Like

Re: My Sister Died Of Menstrual Pain by ChelseaDr(m): 9:28am On Dec 23, 2016
qwertygeni:

At Op, my condolences to your family. Please, chelseadr has said most of the likely aetiology. His differentials are on point.
I hail, me dey loyal!!
Re: My Sister Died Of Menstrual Pain by angelTI(f): 1:13pm On Dec 23, 2016
It is well with you @OP. May God Almighty console you and your family.
Re: My Sister Died Of Menstrual Pain by Nobody: 4:03pm On Dec 23, 2016
From the Symptoms and the suddenness of her demise.

most likely ECTOPIC PREGNANCY.

PLEASE, conduct a postmortem on her.
Persuade other family members.
At postmortem, the features will be so glaring that no ONE would doubt it.

Sorry dear.
Ectopic pregnancy is worse than Gunshot, especially when going on unnoticed.
Re: My Sister Died Of Menstrual Pain by janefarms2015: 10:57pm On Dec 23, 2016
I will strongly advise autopsy should be carried out, though she wont be back but the results can prevent future occurences in other women, pls take heart, accept my condolences and try to condole her husband too. Its well my dear, we shall all die, but we pray for old age!
Re: My Sister Died Of Menstrual Pain by wonyi: 10:26am On Dec 24, 2016
ChelseaDr:

Cheers!3

Take heart.
Re: My Sister Died Of Menstrual Pain by Ferdyboss: 11:18pm On Dec 24, 2016
Saddening.

May her Soul rest in peace. I hope you and your family find closure soon.
Re: My Sister Died Of Menstrual Pain by janvier27(m): 10:44am On Dec 25, 2016
So sad. Please be strong. May her soul rest in peace.

(1) (Reply)

Yeast Infection / Side Effects Of CT+ Clear Therapy Cream / Why Do Health Worker Prescribe Coca Cola To Patients?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.