Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

Cost Of Building Foundation for a 4 Bedroom Bungalow In The East - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Cost Of Building Foundation for a 4 Bedroom Bungalow In The East (62318 Views)

Choosing The Right Foundation For That Project Type & Soil. / How Much Will It Cost To Build The Foundation For This 3 Bedroom Bungalow / Estimated Cost Of Laying Foundation For A 1 Storeyed Building (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of Building Foundation for a 4 Bedroom Bungalow In The East by Jarus(m): 8:36am On Apr 09, 2017
Depends on whether land is swampy or dry.

1m - 2m

Not different from anywhere.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Building Foundation for a 4 Bedroom Bungalow In The East by Kewt: 8:43am On Apr 09, 2017
Ferdinandu:
I did my 5 bedroom foundation to DPC level in the East at a cost of about 700k. All these guys calling millions for you, either they don't know what they
are saying or they are building contractors inflating cost in anticipation.

This is the most realistic estimate I have seen here. I agree with this.

To give a better insight, further estimates will do well to include estimated number of blocks to be used, cement, rods and labour cost and estimated number of days.

4 Likes

Re: Cost Of Building Foundation for a 4 Bedroom Bungalow In The East by Tex42(m): 8:46am On Apr 09, 2017
The cost might depend on a lot of factors, but for a conventional Eastern lateritic/clayey soil, #1.5m should be enough.

But op, u can have a better architectural design na. This design is tacky.

Ma 1kobo.

Congrats all the same.
Re: Cost Of Building Foundation for a 4 Bedroom Bungalow In The East by Alasi20(m): 8:46am On Apr 09, 2017
Re: Cost Of Building Foundation for a 4 Bedroom Bungalow In The East by idiagbo86(m): 8:59am On Apr 09, 2017
Greeting op,u can't get an exact of what u want in this forum.kindly visit the east where the building is proposed and get in touch with good engr.most soil type in the east vary a lot and u won't get a true insight until u meet someone in practice in the said area.talking with experience coz I am from the east and I have been into construction practice for quite sometime now.soil type in the east vary a lot and to get the optimum result u have to make ur estimate based on the soil type.wish u Goodluck bro.cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Building Foundation for a 4 Bedroom Bungalow In The East by oscarnoble(m): 9:04am On Apr 09, 2017
Budget 900k I am a civil engineer based in imo state, for more discussion email me on nobosconstruction@gmail.com or call 08035425917

Re: Cost Of Building Foundation for a 4 Bedroom Bungalow In The East by LEAFLET(m): 9:08am On Apr 09, 2017
Engineers don plenty pass advisers.. The young man go don confuse sef!! grin
Re: Cost Of Building Foundation for a 4 Bedroom Bungalow In The East by akeensbussy(m): 9:10am On Apr 09, 2017
It baffles me when some people quote prices on nairaland. They will just quote the money as if there is no tomorrow.

I always tell anybody that want to build that always buy your materials yourself, then call the labour and negotiate yourself.

Where most labours and other building consultants eat people's money is through materials and Labour quotation. what will cost #500k on a normal ground will be increased by 200% when they are quoting for prices and labour.

It is very rampant here on nairaland. yes, I know we have to feed our family and make our daily bread but if we continue in this direction do we think people will be encourage to build?

Make sure u are always around when they are working on your site or put it in hand of a trusted friend or brother that will help you monitor it effectively.

Where u are to spend 200 naira, u Will just discovered that u are spending 1000 naira cos of over quotation.

just to do foundation people are already quoting millions when they are yet to know the type of soil the op is building. swamp or hard soil.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cost Of Building Foundation for a 4 Bedroom Bungalow In The East by SafetyFirst(m): 9:20am On Apr 09, 2017
I can give you accurate BEME for the project, but it's professional, not free.

We design and building.
Re: Cost Of Building Foundation for a 4 Bedroom Bungalow In The East by Nobody: 9:32am On Apr 09, 2017
Following
Re: Cost Of Building Foundation for a 4 Bedroom Bungalow In The East by EngrMarve(m): 9:41am On Apr 09, 2017
If you stay around south-east, South-west and South south, you can contact me, I am a civil engineer
Re: Cost Of Building Foundation for a 4 Bedroom Bungalow In The East by mrsuperswag(m): 9:49am On Apr 09, 2017
Bro contact an experienced QS. biijayjimoh@gmail.com whatsapp. 08169765581. You are welcome
Re: Cost Of Building Foundation for a 4 Bedroom Bungalow In The East by Newborn40(m): 9:50am On Apr 09, 2017
Very interesting, am planning to start mine in village bcs I am done with city own, so with 900k I can do sth out of sth,

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Building Foundation for a 4 Bedroom Bungalow In The East by onyinyenwadigbo(f): 10:06am On Apr 09, 2017
Budget 1.5million naira. My sister spent about 1million on hers last year, because she didn't buy sand for filling the foundation and plank for the work. If you re-use the excavated sand from the foundation and that that of septic pit, you will save some money. You will save more money when you mould your block yourself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cost Of Building Foundation for a 4 Bedroom Bungalow In The East by Tinyemeka(m): 10:14am On Apr 09, 2017
Jamesbiodun:
the floor plan is not good, op kindly redesign, ur sitting room kitchen and dinning, it's very bad....
I have calculated the cost for foundation,
Digging foundation: 40000
1120 block for foundation : 134400
cement: 48000
bricklayers and labour : 40000
Total : 262,400...

but d price can go down in ur area, here in idiroko cement is 2400 and u r going to use 20 bags of cement, block is 120 and u r going to use 1120 blocks, that's d estimate, it can't pass d price I give u, am a site engineer and supervisor

Appreciate your input. Please what's wrong with the sitting room? Is it because of the wall separating the dining from the lounge?
Re: Cost Of Building Foundation for a 4 Bedroom Bungalow In The East by Nobody: 10:15am On Apr 09, 2017
Hmmm

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Building Foundation for a 4 Bedroom Bungalow In The East by Nobody: 10:18am On Apr 09, 2017
Ok
Re: Cost Of Building Foundation for a 4 Bedroom Bungalow In The East by Kzealz(m): 10:27am On Apr 09, 2017
First I most comment on the design..
It's not functional.. The dinning supposed to have d direct connecting door with the kitchen.. And again the lobby will be very dark wen their is no artificial lightening.. That's error..

Estimate..
A partion of foundation trench = 1000 x 40 =40,000
Level and compact of the trench = (2mason men 4000 X 2) = 8,000
2 Trips of sharp sand = 20,000
2 Trips of Stone 50,000
25 bags of cement @2,500 each = 62,500
Casting of the foundation 1000per bag X 25 =25,000
Labour = 15,000
Transportation =Depending on the distance
A total of #230,000 will be enough to construct a good foundation..

Then if u looking forward to rise it above substructure

1200blocks @150 each 1200 X 150 = 180,000
15 bags of cement 15 X 2500 = 37,500
Reinforced bar = 20x2300 = 46000
2trips of sand 20000
Labour = 75,000
Supervision =30,000
Total of 390,000

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cost Of Building Foundation for a 4 Bedroom Bungalow In The East by Jamesbiodun(m): 10:28am On Apr 09, 2017
Tinyemeka:

Appreciate your input. Please what's wrong with the sitting room? Is it because of the wall separating the dining from the lounge?

Yes, the wall, just put an arc there, the ante room too, light travel 6000mm, the lobby will be dark unless you on gen or u ve a reliable electricity, kitchen escape root is bad also, N a scenario u want to pound yam with mortar, it will disturb ppl in d sitting room... d design suppose to be from ante room to sitting room, on a normal circumstances u dnt need an ante room coz to my definition d land is small, it should have been entrance porch and u can have ur visitors toilet

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of Building Foundation for a 4 Bedroom Bungalow In The East by Nobody: 10:30am On Apr 09, 2017
Nice one
Re: Cost Of Building Foundation for a 4 Bedroom Bungalow In The East by Jamesbiodun(m): 10:33am On Apr 09, 2017
mikeoh:

U are correct total blocks used on my foundation was 1200
thank you
Re: Cost Of Building Foundation for a 4 Bedroom Bungalow In The East by Adegbulugbe(m): 10:42am On Apr 09, 2017
I'm a civil engr in portharcourt which is closer to the east a building like this from foundation to DPC level will cost you 1.7m on a great standard.
Re: Cost Of Building Foundation for a 4 Bedroom Bungalow In The East by Adegbulugbe(m): 10:45am On Apr 09, 2017
It going to cost you 1.5m to 1.7m at a standard rate base on experience. I'm a civil engineer in port harcourt which is closer to any part of east
Re: Cost Of Building Foundation for a 4 Bedroom Bungalow In The East by mrsuperswag(m): 11:17am On Apr 09, 2017
Contact a QS. biijayjimoh@gmail.com Whatsapp. 08169765581. You are welcome
Re: Cost Of Building Foundation for a 4 Bedroom Bungalow In The East by Marsh104(m): 11:22am On Apr 09, 2017
Jamesbiodun:
the floor plan is not good, op kindly redesign, ur sitting room kitchen and dinning, it's very bad....

but d price can go down in ur area, here in idiroko cement is 2400 and u r going to use 20 bags of cement, block is 120 and u r going to use 1120 blocks, that's d estimate, it can't pass d price I give u, am a site engineer and supervisor
what about water, sand and gravel?
Re: Cost Of Building Foundation for a 4 Bedroom Bungalow In The East by kingjibe(m): 11:26am On Apr 09, 2017
Hello, Pls work on your plan.. so you enjoy your house.. Opening to the main lounge from the dining.. and also your kitchen through your dining.. I can help you work on it free of Charge sir. Just minor corrections!
Re: Cost Of Building Foundation for a 4 Bedroom Bungalow In The East by Nobody: 11:35am On Apr 09, 2017
Dmanlex:
wat abt roofing of d 4bed room Wats d estimate
you will budget like N600k, plus nails, transport, carpentry. Note it can higher depend on the kind of roofing sheet you are using.

some criteria that determine the accuracy of the quantity of woods you needed to roof this dimensional building project.

1. You need to make decision on the type of roofing sheet you want to use because the purlin spacing we use for long span roofing sheet is different from that of stepped tiles, though metecopo and stepped tiles purlin spacing are the same, and stone tiles or stone coated roofing sheets purlin spacing is different from all of them.

For instance long span purlin spacing is about 2.5ft to 3ft depend on instruction giving to carpenters.

Stepped and metecopo spacing is approximately 18 inches wish is 1 ft and 6 inches purlin spacing.

Stone coated or Stone tiles is approximately 14 inches purlin spacing which is 1ft and 2inches.

Meaning the purlins wood quantity for stone coated is more than stepped tiles and metecopo, and that of stepped tiles and metcopo is more than longspan and asbestos roofing sheets.

Having stated all this, if you are using stones coated and you get quote for long span hardwood, it will not work because you will need more woods for your purlin and additional work force.

Though all the woods for tie beam, rafters, strut or bracing and wall plate remain the same.

2. Another area which is critical is whatever you are using slate for your ceiling noggin covering or pop or PVC.

For instance if you are using slate though this is getting outdated now, the ceiling noggin spacing is 4ft by 4ft, but the standard for pop and pvc is 2ft by 4ft, but some pop designers insist on 2ft by 2ft which translate to the fact that if your contractor construct your ceiling noggin spacing using 2ft by 4ft, the pop designers can reject or condemn it which will translate in other opinion that the contractor have done a bad job for you and that can cause misunderstanding btw you and your contractor because the ceiling noggin will need to later be convert to 2ft by 2ft spacing.

But the fact remain that the standard for both pop and pvc ceiling covering is 2ft by 4ft ceiling noggin spacing, because the binding wire they use to hook or hang this pop is not connected with ceiling noggin, it is actually hook or hang to the tie beam, because it is the tie beam that will carry the weight of the pop, only the yawn, the white thread materials is connect with the ceiling noggin, i'm saying all this base on experience.

3. Another important point is whether you have a parapet or not. If you have a parapet, you won't need facial board for your over hang extension design because the parapet will replace the facial board, and the additional 2 inches by 2 inches by 12 ft (2x2x12) woods for the outside noggin won't be needed but if you don't have a parapet then you will need some facial board and additional 2x2x12 woods for the outside noggin over hang extension construction.

4. The height of your roof too added to the quantity of woods that will be needed, if you are considering 12 ft before getting the quote and after getting the quote or the contractor have been awarded, you now decide that the height of your roof should be 16 ft you need to know there will be need for more woods, so this 4 points matters a lot in getting accurate quote for your roofing project

Answering all this question and making a decision will be needed to give you an accurate quote because they are very essential.

6 Likes

Re: Cost Of Building Foundation for a 4 Bedroom Bungalow In The East by everG: 11:54am On Apr 09, 2017
Marsh104:
Ur English too much sef, na ordinary estimate dem ask . Na English my people take dey kpabu money
Re: Cost Of Building Foundation for a 4 Bedroom Bungalow In The East by Jamesbiodun(m): 12:14pm On Apr 09, 2017
Marsh104:
water: op problem sand: op problem gravel: op problem it's not my site, op can do dat himself
Re: Cost Of Building Foundation for a 4 Bedroom Bungalow In The East by princeifynicky(m): 12:42pm On Apr 09, 2017
Jamesbiodun:

Na una type dey spoil work... if u collect the work finish now, u go come dey ask of extra money....

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Building Foundation for a 4 Bedroom Bungalow In The East by happney65: 12:52pm On Apr 09, 2017
money121:
Material: *Aluminum (0.45mm thick)*

Client: Nairalander

Style: *Steptiles*
Colour: North brown and biegi

*Roof:* 317.2m @ N1800/sqm = *N570,960

*Flashing:* 58.05m @ N1700 = *N98,685
*Cladding:* 64.14m @ N1700 = * N109,038

*Accessories:* = *N30,000*

*Workmanship:* = *N65,000*
Bending =#5,000
Transportation=#27,000

*Total* = *N905,685*

Call/WhatsApp 080-85-310-359 For Your Next Roofing Project

Is this included with the Planks or Not?
Re: Cost Of Building Foundation for a 4 Bedroom Bungalow In The East by Jamesbiodun(m): 12:52pm On Apr 09, 2017
princeifynicky:

Na una type dey spoil work... if u collect the work finish now, u go come dey ask of extra money....

Eyah! sorry how did dat affect you, you can come to my site in Idiroko if u want to doubt me... I didn't spoil work for you, the op didn't give anyone contract he ask for an advice, I think you said you are a civil engineer, when you give ur client crazy bill dey will leave, dats y most client give job to ordinary bricklayer and draftman... am an architect so susupu

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos Landlady Fixed Nails In Front Of Her House To Hinder Unwelcome Guests / Nigerian Guy Shows Off His Neatly Furnished 1-room Apartment / Tallest Buildings In Port Harcourt: Pictures & Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.