Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,366 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs (33139 Views)

Which Church Do You Attend? / Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? / Which Church Do You Attend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by Yemiseun(m): 1:31pm On Apr 16, 2017
I know of Baptist , all these new generation churches don't sing from hymnal at all . Kudos to Nigerian Baptist Churches in the world
Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by melejo(m): 1:32pm On Apr 16, 2017
I don't know what this post aims at but I join the few matured Christmas here to vehemently condemn this topic. It is an abomination in Christian faith to compare church with church. I don't need to tell anyone that no hymn actually belongs to any church because others have explained it above. This is an irrelevant topic only pushed to front-page to join immature believers from different denominations in fight and it would not work

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by Psalmwhyte(m): 1:33pm On Apr 16, 2017
ODAROOMS:
Oya, it's time to defend your church
Pls no insult, just state your opinion with some proves. "WHICH CHURCH HYMNS DO U HAVE MUCH RESPECT FOR"
Pls the Mod should help move this to the Religious section it doesn't open from my side here.
Thanks
Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by emmaliver(m): 1:33pm On Apr 16, 2017
Anglican. Anglican. Baptist/Methodist

1 Like

Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by OJSuccess(m): 1:35pm On Apr 16, 2017
Baptist
Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by carlarock: 1:36pm On Apr 16, 2017
Amarabae:
It is undoubtly METHODIST CHURCH.
I am proudly to be in the John Wesley family.
WORTHY IS THE LAMB.
Hallelujah my sis. Is not because i'm a Methodist but you guys should go and read about John and Charles Wesley.
Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 1:37pm On Apr 16, 2017
End time church goers. They spend more time defending their pastors and church instead of defending their faith in God. On that last day, so many people will be...

This thing. grin
Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by Bamz(m): 1:39pm On Apr 16, 2017
No one denomination can lay hold unto hymns as the Bible even admonished that we worship with hymns but the more orthodox worshippers make it a core part of worship. I can understand the effect it had on me when I started attending a new generation church, the worship was always good with contemporary Christian praise and worship songs but hymns were never a major part of worship.

I'm an Anglican. My 3 favourite hymns.

1. Courage brother do not stumble.
2. Abide with me
3. When peace, like a river (it is well)

Peace be unto everyone.
Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by Deilluminator(m): 1:41pm On Apr 16, 2017
ODAROOMS:
Oya, it's time to defend your church
Pls no insult, just state your opinion with some proves. "WHICH CHURCH HYMNS DO U HAVE MUCH RESPECT FOR"
Pls the Mod should help move this to the Religious section it doesn't open from my side here.
Thanks
Do you think you can defend the church if Christ doesn't? Most of the songs sang by churches today are composed by the same song writers. Just that some churches are more song oriented than others just as MFM is more prayer oriented. Please think of more spirit filled topics that can glorify God rather than baseless comparison like this one.
Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by NICENEDU29: 1:46pm On Apr 16, 2017
dolphinife:
When it comes to hymns, forget it, no church even come close to Anglican church

I can sing over 600 hymns offhand

Anglican church has over 20k hymns.....with variety tunes.....
I think you are very correct. I totally agree with you. You are 100% on point.
NOTE: I am not an Anglican. I am an RCCG member. So I am not creating sentiment, but I must tell the truth.

2 Likes

Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by Cubby22: 1:54pm On Apr 16, 2017
Seventh day Adventist Church, even in campus u can't beat them

1 Like

Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by livinbygrace: 1:54pm On Apr 16, 2017
I have been to many churches ,but i can attest to the fact that ANGLICAN has the best hymn song,though i attends penticostal church now.

1 Like

Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by Henon: 1:55pm On Apr 16, 2017
This post annoyed me o! Why ask us? Have we been to all churches?
Just ask Google; anyways Phyno and Lucky Dube have best hymn song.
Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by mayoor2045(m): 1:55pm On Apr 16, 2017
Anglicanism Spirit is equal to Hymn spirit. Meaning! Anglican is the best..Chikena!!!

2 Likes

Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by Omoluabi16(m): 1:58pm On Apr 16, 2017
Acidosis:
Which church has the best hymn songs?

Church don't write hymns... individuals do through God's inspiration.

God bless you jare. took it out of my thumb. All hymns were written by men inspired of God. pointless thread!
Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by xgada(m): 1:58pm On Apr 16, 2017
The Church of Christ
The Church of Christ
The Church of Christ

2 Likes

Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by Nobody: 1:59pm On Apr 16, 2017
dingbang:
u have google.. Don't ask me ridiculous questions
Lol nah I know what it is, I'm asking you because I'm not sure you do
Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by hamilton62(m): 1:59pm On Apr 16, 2017
DeeManD:
Methodist/Anglican, of course.

Starting with Doxology!!!!!!
Praise God from whom all blessings flow
Prais Him all creature here below
Praise Him above Angelic host.
Praise Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
Amen!
Anglican all the way.
Anglicans sing atleast 3 hymns:Procession, Sermon/Offertory, Lyrics, Doxology and Recession etc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by tolexy007(m): 1:59pm On Apr 16, 2017
dolphinife:
When it comes to hymns, forget it, no church even come close to Anglican church

I can sing over 600 hymns offhand

Anglican church has over 20k hymns.....with variety tunes.....

Apostolic Faith Church is the best

3 Likes

Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by keneharry: 2:02pm On Apr 16, 2017
Anglican all the way

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by hamilton62(m): 2:04pm On Apr 16, 2017
Yemiseun:
I know of Baptist , all these new generation churches don't sing from hymnal at all . Kudos to Nigerian Baptist Churches in the world
Hymnals: ANH, CH, MBH
Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by obong003(m): 2:08pm On Apr 16, 2017
The Apostolic church has one of the best hymnsin Nigeria. Lemme not say best because other churches still have some wonderful hymns. The thing is that most of this hymns are being shared amongst churches.

Most churches broke out from TAC, so i can say without doubt that most of their hymns originated from TAC
Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by Viula(m): 2:08pm On Apr 16, 2017
when it comes to hymn you can't take it from methodist church. charles wesley and John wesley were methodist preachers and you can not take about hymn without mentioning Charles wesley who single handedly wrote over 6,000 hymns. so give it to Methodist, second by Anglican, third Catholic and others can follow.

1 Like

Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by Marvel1206: 2:10pm On Apr 16, 2017
xreal:
In terms of classical music.

Apostolic Faith Mission leads while others follow.

Yes, you are right.

1 Like

Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by mickeyenglish(m): 2:10pm On Apr 16, 2017
The celestial Church of christ

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by Johntimo1(m): 2:12pm On Apr 16, 2017
Church of Christ.

they can sing very well

1 Like

Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by mickeyenglish(m): 2:13pm On Apr 16, 2017
Celestial Church of christ

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by uncleabbey(m): 2:17pm On Apr 16, 2017
raquel97:
Celestial church
correct. Celestial get better hymn. Trust me, I'm an Anglican

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by Johntimo1(m): 2:17pm On Apr 16, 2017
NICENEDU29:

I think you are very correct. I totally agree with you. You are 100% on point.
NOTE: I am not an Anglican. I am an RCCG member. So I am not creating sentiment, but I must tell the truth.

Angilcan can not and will not See the back of Church of Christ.
Ask ur Rev about this.
Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by placeofallure(f): 2:18pm On Apr 16, 2017
If you're talking hymnals, talk Anglican, talk Baptist, talk Apostolic Faith. I've been to many churches believe you me!

1 Like

Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by Johnsonjoye(m): 2:19pm On Apr 16, 2017
[color=#006600][/color]Anglican Church (Church of Nigeria) On the Lead...
Re: Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs by drey076(m): 2:19pm On Apr 16, 2017
APOSTOLIC FAITH CHURCH

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What's The Most Absurd Thing You Heard Someone Did Because Of Christmas?(Photos) / 'Some Women Roll Their Eyeballs To Entice Me' - Anthony Okogie / Throwback And Recent Photos Of Sharon And Charlene Oyakhilome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.