Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,218 members, 7,829,360 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:01 AM

6 Sneaky Lies The Devil Wants You To Believe - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 6 Sneaky Lies The Devil Wants You To Believe (19421 Views)

Not Paying Your Tithe, I Pity You The Devil Wants To Make You Poor. / Deeper Life Wedding; The Lies,the Perversion And The Deception / What Are Six Sneaky Little Lies The Devil Wants You To Believe. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Sneaky Lies The Devil Wants You To Believe by Dcaliphate(m): 8:15am On Apr 09, 2017
*Bleep it man!!! Missed fp
Re: 6 Sneaky Lies The Devil Wants You To Believe by hopefulLandlord: 8:16am On Apr 09, 2017

Re: 6 Sneaky Lies The Devil Wants You To Believe by LupusMinor(m): 8:17am On Apr 09, 2017
There is no heaven or hell or eternity...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Sneaky Lies The Devil Wants You To Believe by AlphaStyles(m): 8:21am On Apr 09, 2017
some no go gree hear word sha
Re: 6 Sneaky Lies The Devil Wants You To Believe by Senorprinz(m): 8:22am On Apr 09, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
these stories are so laughably preposterous I cannot get my head round how any supposedly rational being believes in it. This omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent and omnibelevolent God who created this amazing universe also creates these supernatural beings with powers over us (not Gods mind you less Christianity be mistaken for polytheism) and then despite his omnipotence is unable to reign in one of these angels who becomes the Devil (still not a God). Furthermore not only is he unable to control his angels he fails to predict how we will behave (not having studied Sociology at Uni) so he tries pressing the reset button and wiping us all out in a flood and when that does not work sends his Son (but not really his Son lest he be mistaken for Thor or another God) to die for the sins that he bequeathed us at birth because, although you still have to fear him or be eternally damned, he is actually a nice guy. Really?

funny
Re: 6 Sneaky Lies The Devil Wants You To Believe by mountainidea: 8:22am On Apr 09, 2017
The number one lie the devil want you to believe is: "There is time".

1 Like

Re: 6 Sneaky Lies The Devil Wants You To Believe by AlphaStyles(m): 8:23am On Apr 09, 2017
LupusMinor:
There is no heaven or hell or eternity...
stop using your life to play card we go all die 1 day o. no let oyibo deceive you o. use your head o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 Sneaky Lies The Devil Wants You To Believe by Senorprinz(m): 8:24am On Apr 09, 2017
[quote author=Tazdroid post=55400120][/quote]

lolz, this one na fly-by meme

1 Like

Re: 6 Sneaky Lies The Devil Wants You To Believe by hopefulLandlord: 8:27am On Apr 09, 2017
AlphaStyles:

stop using your life to play card we go all die 1 day o. no let oyibo deceive you o. use your head o

lol, look at this deeply indoctrinated human

no be oyinbo bring hell heaven and eternity?

which Nigerian God ever claimed such nonsense or are you saying Abrahamic religions originated in Africa?

2 Likes

Re: 6 Sneaky Lies The Devil Wants You To Believe by Immorttal: 8:29am On Apr 09, 2017
AlphaStyles:

ironically, the oyibo have deceived you by presenting you r ancestors a fat book of lies and primeval beliefs full of contradictions and errors all through slavery and forceful coercion.

1 Like

Re: 6 Sneaky Lies The Devil Wants You To Believe by Akalia(m): 8:35am On Apr 09, 2017
Tallesty1:
You believe what you want to believe and it's no devil's fault. Let me tell you something bro, devil do not have our time as much as we have his time and to be honest with you, I sometimes pity him.
you are a very reasonable believer. A greater percentage of believers or should I say christians think more of the devil's evil scheme against them than GOD's all surpassing goodwill for them. They claim to believe in GOD but they underestimate GOD's sovereignty by allowing themselves to be preoccupied by the fear of the devil

1 Like

Re: 6 Sneaky Lies The Devil Wants You To Believe by olamilekside2: 8:40am On Apr 09, 2017
grin
Re: 6 Sneaky Lies The Devil Wants You To Believe by mecussey(m): 8:47am On Apr 09, 2017
iliyande:
What are six sneaky little lies the Devil wants you to believe.

Everyone's Doing It
If some Christians can do something that to them is not sin, then we can’t automatically think its okay for us. What if we have a guilty conscience after doing it (whatever it is)? That tells us something’s wrong. The lie from Satan is, “Everyone’s doing it,” but the truth is, “No they aren’t!” Even if everyone else were doing it, that doesn’t mean it’s okay. And the fact that “everyone else is doing it” makes me think that it’s something of the world, and we’re not to be of the world. Sorry Satan, you’re a liar, and I don’t believe that “everybody’s doing it.”

You Deserve Happiness
After I was born again, I thought life would get a lot easier, and I’d be a lot happier, but the truth is, it got much harder. The lie that we deserve happiness can make us very discontent in life. It can cause us to grumble and complain, but the Bible never promises happiness to everyone who believes. In fact, it says “All who will live godly will suffer” in this life (2nd Tim 3:12). Jesus was even more vivid in saying, “the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few” (Matt 7:14). That’ doesn’t sound to me like this is my best life now. No, our best life is coming in the kingdom.

The Devil is Winning
If you look at the news, it appears that Satan and his demons are winning because the majority of the people in the world have not repented and trusted in Christ. Since He is the only way to be saved (Acts 4:12), and there are so many other false religions and those who don’t believe, it looks like God has failed, but wait a minute! God never promised eternal life for all. Jesus said many are called but few are chosen, and many will believe they are saved at His return, but these same many will be turned away (Matt 7:21-23), so yes, most appear to be headed to hell, but God wins. Just read Revelation 21 and 22.

You're Unworthy
The Devil apparently has a “day job” where it’s his job to accuse the brothers and sister before God (Rev 12:10), and you know what, he’s right! We’re guilty…but not condemned. That’s because Jesus paid for our sins and we are now justified before God, so God has already said, “Not guilty. Case dismissed.” Sorry Satan, but let me read this to you about our standing before God: “For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God” (2nd Cor 5:21). Satan, you’re right; we’re not worthy…our worthiness is not our own; it is imputed by Christ.

It's just a little sin
What sin is there that the Bible ever calls little? None is the answer. All sin is an offense against God and it would only take one little sin to send anyone to hell, but for those who have trusted in Christ, all sins have been cleansed (1st John 1:9), but to think about doing something just because it’s not a “big deal,” is to be deceived by sin. Yes, we can be deceived by the sin that so easily entangles us, and think it’s only a small thing, but our hearts are too wicked and deceiving for us to make that judgment (Jer 17:9). No sin is little. Yes, some are more serious, but that doesn’t give us permission to only sin the less serious ones. Don’t believe that lie from the enemy.

We Don't Need the Church
I have heard from Christians who don’t believe we need the church anymore, but let me ask them this question; can you as one person sustain a children’s ministry; continue a prison ministry; help a homeless group; serve in a nursing home ministry; evangelize the city, and serve the poor in our community, all as one person? No one person can do all of these things by themselves, so this is why Jesus commands His church to feed the hungry, give the thirsty a drink, welcome the stranger, clothe the naked, go to the sick and visit those in prison (Matt 25:35-40). The lie that we don’t need the church today hurts the church today by taking away laborers who can enter the harvest, and why Jesus said, “pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest” (Matt 9:38). The church is a people of God; not a steel and concrete, but they do need a place to meet with steel and concrete.

Conclusion
If we can learn to recognize the voice of the Devil, then we can realize that every word he and his demons say is a lie, because he’s the father of lies (John 8:44). In fact, the only time you can believe the Devil is when he says he’s a liar. If you stay connected to the Word of God, you’ll be more able to discern Satan’s lies and know when to turn a deaf ear to him, especially knowing he’s a liar, and has been one from the beginning (Gen 3).

May God richly bless you,

By Pastor Jack Wellman

Lalasticlala

..u missed the first...devil wantts us to believe there is no God
Re: 6 Sneaky Lies The Devil Wants You To Believe by kazyhm(m): 8:48am On Apr 09, 2017
AlphaStyles:

no let oyibo deceive you o. use your head o

thinking about the root of delusion

oyinbo enlighten you and deceived you at the same time

I understand you are also planning your trip to Jerusalem in the nearest future

we don't really need the brain broh

best of luck broh
Re: 6 Sneaky Lies The Devil Wants You To Believe by mecussey(m): 8:49am On Apr 09, 2017
Goldenheart:
cry I am going need more than bullet to stay awake through out service..

What did I get myself into

lol...wahala wambe
Re: 6 Sneaky Lies The Devil Wants You To Believe by dingbang(m): 8:50am On Apr 09, 2017
Tallesty1:
You believe what you want to believe and it's no devil's fault. Let me tell you something bro, devil do not have our time as much as we have his time and to be honest with you, I sometimes pity him.
pity the devil? Really.. Lol you have been deceived.
Re: 6 Sneaky Lies The Devil Wants You To Believe by selfmadeboss: 8:55am On Apr 09, 2017
The devil are all you wicked son of bitches. No entity called devil exist until proven otherwise
Re: 6 Sneaky Lies The Devil Wants You To Believe by bolinjkezzy(m): 9:11am On Apr 09, 2017
MAGNETIC:
the devil only comes to kill, steal and to destroy .as Christians we have to be watchful. so we won't perish doe ignorance
What makes u believe there z (a) devil/devils?
Re: 6 Sneaky Lies The Devil Wants You To Believe by selfmadeboss: 9:17am On Apr 09, 2017
What if you where born in north korea where there is nothing like christianity. What will u do
iliyande:

Everyone's Doing It
If some Christians can do something that to them is not sin, then we can’t automatically think its okay for us. What if we have a guilty conscience after doing it (whatever it is)? That tells us something’s wrong. The lie from Satan is, “Everyone’s doing it,” but the truth is, “No they aren’t!” Even if everyone else were doing it, that doesn’t mean it’s okay. And the fact that “everyone else is doing it” makes me think that it’s something of the world, and we’re not to be of the world. Sorry Satan, you’re a liar, and I don’t believe that “everybody’s doing it.”

You Deserve Happiness
After I was born again, I thought life would get a lot easier, and I’d be a lot happier, but the truth is, it got much harder. The lie that we deserve happiness can make us very discontent in life. It can cause us to grumble and complain, but the Bible never promises happiness to everyone who believes. In fact, it says “All who will live godly will suffer” in this life (2nd Tim 3:12). Jesus was even more vivid in saying, “the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few” (Matt 7:14). That’ doesn’t sound to me like this is my best life now. No, our best life is coming in the kingdom.

The Devil is Winning
If you look at the news, it appears that Satan and his demons are winning because the majority of the people in the world have not repented and trusted in Christ. Since He is the only way to be saved (Acts 4:12), and there are so many other false religions and those who don’t believe, it looks like God has failed, but wait a minute! God never promised eternal life for all. Jesus said many are called but few are chosen, and many will believe they are saved at His return, but these same many will be turned away (Matt 7:21-23), so yes, most appear to be headed to hell, but God wins. Just read Revelation 21 and 22.

You're Unworthy
The Devil apparently has a “day job” where it’s his job to accuse the brothers and sister before God (Rev 12:10), and you know what, he’s right! We’re guilty…but not condemned. That’s because Jesus paid for our sins and we are now justified before God, so God has already said, “Not guilty. Case dismissed.” Sorry Satan, but let me read this to you about our standing before God: “For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God” (2nd Cor 5:21). Satan, you’re right; we’re not worthy…our worthiness is not our own; it is imputed by Christ.

It's just a little sin
What sin is there that the Bible ever calls little? None is the answer. All sin is an offense against God and it would only take one little sin to send anyone to hell, but for those who have trusted in Christ, all sins have been cleansed (1st John 1:9), but to think about doing something just because it’s not a “big deal,” is to be deceived by sin. Yes, we can be deceived by the sin that so easily entangles us, and think it’s only a small thing, but our hearts are too wicked and deceiving for us to make that judgment (Jer 17:9). No sin is little. Yes, some are more serious, but that doesn’t give us permission to only sin the less serious ones. Don’t believe that lie from the enemy.

We Don't Need the Church
I have heard from Christians who don’t believe we need the church anymore, but let me ask them this question; can you as one person sustain a children’s ministry; continue a prison ministry; help a homeless group; serve in a nursing home ministry; evangelize the city, and serve the poor in our community, all as one person? No one person can do all of these things by themselves, so this is why Jesus commands His church to feed the hungry, give the thirsty a drink, welcome the stranger, clothe the naked, go to the sick and visit those in prison (Matt 25:35-40). The lie that we don’t need the church today hurts the church today by taking away laborers who can enter the harvest, and why Jesus said, “pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest” (Matt 9:38). The church is a people of God; not a steel and concrete, but they do need a place to meet with steel and concrete.

Conclusion
If we can learn to recognize the voice of the Devil, then we can realize that every word he and his demons say is a lie, because he’s the father of lies (John 8:44). In fact, the only time you can believe the Devil is when he says he’s a liar. If you stay connected to the Word of God, you’ll be more able to discern Satan’s lies and know when to turn a deaf ear to him, especially knowing he’s a liar, and has been one from the beginning (Gen 3).

By Pastor Jack Wellman

Lalasticlala
Re: 6 Sneaky Lies The Devil Wants You To Believe by xxxtedyxxx(m): 9:28am On Apr 09, 2017
charliboy654:
So u dont deserve happiness.

lol no mind the yeye op.

I wonder when deserving happiness and reaching for the finer things of life became a lie of the Devil.

How can choosing to be happy, and deserving happiness a lie by the devil?

Religion is truly the opium of the masses.

1 Like

Re: 6 Sneaky Lies The Devil Wants You To Believe by AlphaStyles(m): 9:46am On Apr 09, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

which Nigerian God ever claimed such nonsense or are you saying Abrahamic religions originated in Africa?
oyibo say witches and supernatural don't exist but why does black magic exist in Africa. ?
Re: 6 Sneaky Lies The Devil Wants You To Believe by AlphaStyles(m): 9:48am On Apr 09, 2017
Immorttal:
ironically, the oyibo have deceived you by presenting you r ancestors a fat book of lies and primeval beliefs full of contradictions and errors all through slavery and forceful coercion.
fat of lies abi.
? that's what wrong with this generation you the older generation had more sense than this generation
Re: 6 Sneaky Lies The Devil Wants You To Believe by Mpanyi: 9:53am On Apr 09, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
these stories are so laughably preposterous I cannot get my head round how any supposedly rational being believes in it. This omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent and omnibelevolent God who created this amazing universe also creates these supernatural beings with powers over us (not Gods mind you less Christianity be mistaken for polytheism) and then despite his omnipotence is unable to reign in one of these angels who becomes the Devil (still not a God). Furthermore not only is he unable to control his angels he fails to predict how we will behave (not having studied Sociology at Uni) so he tries pressing the reset button and wiping us all out in a flood and when that does not work sends his Son (but not really his Son lest he be mistaken for Thor or another God) to die for the sins that he bequeathed us at birth, although you still have to fear him or be eternally damned, he is actually a nice guy. Really?

Why not you be your own God and create whatever you like and relate with them as you deem fit, instead of writting rubbish in the name of being very intelligent?
Re: 6 Sneaky Lies The Devil Wants You To Believe by hopefulLandlord: 9:59am On Apr 09, 2017
AlphaStyles:

oyibo say witches and supernatural don't exist but why does black magic exist in Africa. ?

don't attempt "poisoning the mud", it ain't gonna work on an experienced man like me

we are talking " heaven, hell and eternity" here not witches and wizards; stay on topic!!!!!
Re: 6 Sneaky Lies The Devil Wants You To Believe by Shiitposter: 10:22am On Apr 09, 2017
Tallesty1:
I sometimes pity him.

why? he's the source of all Evil, Knowingly or unknowingly
Re: 6 Sneaky Lies The Devil Wants You To Believe by Tazdroid(m): 10:29am On Apr 09, 2017
Senorprinz:

lolz, this one na fly-by meme

Re: 6 Sneaky Lies The Devil Wants You To Believe by mecussey(m): 10:37am On Apr 09, 2017
Akalia:
you are a very reasonable believer. A greater percentage of believers or should I say christians think more of the devil's evil scheme against them than GOD's all surpassing goodwill for them. They claim to believe in GOD but they underestimate GOD's sovereignty by allowing themselves to be preoccupied by the fear of the devil

One point...i wonder how the Devil is getting popular and famous more than the Almighty God. You go church...devil did this did that...everything is devil...devil devil everywhere.
Re: 6 Sneaky Lies The Devil Wants You To Believe by CurrentSamuel(m): 11:21am On Apr 09, 2017
iliyande:

Everyone's Doing It

You Deserve Happiness

The Devil is Winning

You're Unworthy

It's just a little sin

We Don't Need the Church

Conclusion

By Pastor Jack Wellman

Lalasticlala

THANK GOD
Re: 6 Sneaky Lies The Devil Wants You To Believe by Nobody: 11:24am On Apr 09, 2017
iliyande:

Everyone's Doing It
Well even some RCCG parishes advertised MMM to their congregations even when warned.. Everyone's doing it and it is not an Unholy venture, you are only helping each other. grin grin grin

You Deserve Happiness
God endorses the happiness of his followers, it is a promise and a reward for righteousness- he will give you the grace to overcome all but he will protect and satisfy you. ask Job.

The Devil is Winning
QED! the devil has more souls than heaven.. it has never been in dispute. the Bible supports it

You're Unworthy
We are truly unworthy even when Jesus Christ paid the ultimate sacrifice.. we hide under grace to perpetually remain infants in christ while committing SIN.. we claim ignorance,.. truly wicked and unworthy

It's just a little sin
SIN is SIN.. consider some modern day prophet of God preaching US visa prayers and dollar tithes and blessings instead of salvation and humanitarian causes.. remember the 7 deadly sins. look to your GO and note which ones he commits and encourages his congragation to commit. look to Jesus for an example of righteuosness not your GO. he is born of the pharasee and saducee

We Don't Need the Church
you need the church like you need a sense of fashion.. the Holy spirit tore the veil of the temple and became available to all both jews and gentiles.. stop using a physical building to embody the essense of God. it is going back to the dark ages and you know it.

Conclusion
How can you tell the voice of God from the voice of Satan

By Pastor Jack Wellman

Lalasticlala
Re: 6 Sneaky Lies The Devil Wants You To Believe by CurrentSamuel(m): 11:43am On Apr 09, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

Do you have sense at all No wonder you reason asinine

who told you that before the coming of the whitemen our forefathers never acknowledg the supreme being up.who is unseen...??
what was the Essense of the chief priest they had to meditate between them and the supreme being up there ?...The believed that there is one who created everything ,who is supreme which is the name God today in English language. Igbos Call him 'Chi' generally... Before now when things unusual occur to you they would ask you to go and consult your 'Chi' through the chief priest called Dibia in Igbo language... and this is how its in all other tribes in Africa. And even in Grace before the coming of Christ Jesus .they believed that there is one supreme being up there which because of his supremcy no one is worthy to approach him but through an Oracle as they Call it in their language. Hence the DELFIC ORACL .its there Socrate Placed Man know thy self because it is the most visited Area then so that majority would see it...if you have red the book Oedipus Rex (Oedipus the King ) you will realize that people from Athens, spatters, Corinth etc go there to consult the ORACL. there problems was solved then just they way ours was solved then ..this continued until God sent Christ to come so that everyone through him JESUS alone can be saved.Not everyone going through different deities.. seems unified and again that our sin would not hidder us again from God nd our sins cleansed. because then ....you must not commit any sin if you seek the dibia or the Oracle
Re: 6 Sneaky Lies The Devil Wants You To Believe by benedictac(f): 12:18pm On Apr 09, 2017
iliyande:

The Devil is Winning

[

Nice write up. The reason why they still think the devil is winning is because of the Saints. once the the Saints are rapture they will all know that the devil has lost all along. I pray you and I will be among the Saints in Jesus name.

1 Like

Re: 6 Sneaky Lies The Devil Wants You To Believe by Mosa1982(f): 12:59pm On Apr 09, 2017
charliboy654:
So u dont deserve happiness.

I tire o.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Salvation Ministry Port-Harcourt Constructs Roads And Drainages (Photos) / Is It Okay For A Female Pastor To Officiate A Wedding Ceremony? / As A Christian, Is Court Wedding In Place Of Church Wedding Acceptable By God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.