Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,060 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:37 AM

What would You Do If You See Your Parents Quarrelling? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What would You Do If You See Your Parents Quarrelling? (1424 Views)

Quarrelling And Searching / Post Songs Play By Your Parents When Reminiscing About Growing Up As A Kid. / What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What would You Do If You See Your Parents Quarrelling? by xynerise: 3:43pm On Dec 29, 2009
What action will you take?
Re: What would You Do If You See Your Parents Quarrelling? by jpilata(m): 5:02pm On Dec 29, 2009
I will stop them.
Re: What would You Do If You See Your Parents Quarrelling? by ifyalways(f): 5:35pm On Dec 29, 2009
I would quitely walk out of the house and remind them to notch it down a bit,we dont want neighbours hearing.
Re: What would You Do If You See Your Parents Quarrelling? by Fhemmmy: 6:05pm On Dec 29, 2009
Tell both of them to go into the corner and raise up their hands and close dem eyes.

Jokes apart, i hope i wont see that, cos i know i will talk, i am not good at seeing and not talking.
Re: What would You Do If You See Your Parents Quarrelling? by omega25red(m): 6:23pm On Dec 29, 2009
pick my car key and go home
Re: What would You Do If You See Your Parents Quarrelling? by coolier(f): 6:35pm On Dec 29, 2009
They're supposed to be responsible adults and should know better so I'll leave them to it, in the hope that they know what they're doing.
Re: What would You Do If You See Your Parents Quarrelling? by Fhemmmy: 7:11pm On Dec 29, 2009
coolier:

They're supposed to be responsible adults and should know better so I'll leave them to it, in the hope that they know what they're doing.

We all have our days
Re: What would You Do If You See Your Parents Quarrelling? by N101: 8:00pm On Dec 29, 2009
@ post

Well, when I was a child I just stood and watched.  As an adult I do pretty much the same.

My brother has another tactic.  While they're quarrelling, he will inject nonsense sentences, nothing whatsoever to do with the argument.  Enough to distract them into going "what?!"  At which point he will ask a pointless question which tends to disorientate them.

That tends to work  grin
Re: What would You Do If You See Your Parents Quarrelling? by mamagee3(f): 8:07pm On Dec 29, 2009
I'll sit back and watch them. tongue
Re: What would You Do If You See Your Parents Quarrelling? by Fhemmmy: 8:33pm On Dec 29, 2009
I just think it is pathetic for parents to loud-argue in the presence of their kids.
They could have misunderstanding, but not to be exchanging insults, cos such will remain on the mind of the kid forever.
Re: What would You Do If You See Your Parents Quarrelling? by Sissy3(f): 8:38pm On Dec 29, 2009
walk out and remind them later to control it
Re: What would You Do If You See Your Parents Quarrelling? by Fhemmmy: 8:40pm On Dec 29, 2009
~Sissy~:

walk out and remind them later to control it

Nice one.
Re: What would You Do If You See Your Parents Quarrelling? by spikedcylinder: 10:25pm On Dec 29, 2009
N101:

@ post

Well, when I was a child I just stood and watched.  As an adult I do pretty much the same.

My brother has another tactic.  While they're quarrelling, he will inject nonsense sentences, nothing whatsoever to do with the argument.  Enough to distract them into going "what?!"  At which point he will ask a pointless question which tends to disorientate them.

That tends to work  grin

Lol. I love your brother! grin cheesy
Re: What would You Do If You See Your Parents Quarrelling? by Nobody: 10:43pm On Dec 29, 2009
Nothing.
Re: What would You Do If You See Your Parents Quarrelling? by iice(f): 6:53pm On Dec 30, 2009
N101:

@ post

That tends to work  grin

LOL

@Topic. . .nothing really. I understood and understand enough that they are more than parents. They are people. . .people tend to quarrel sometimes.
Re: What would You Do If You See Your Parents Quarrelling? by Fhemmmy: 7:34pm On Dec 30, 2009
iice:

LOL

@Topic. . .nothing really. I understood and understand enough that they are more than parents. They are people. . .people tend to quarrel sometimes.

True Dat
Re: What would You Do If You See Your Parents Quarrelling? by yajebu: 2:22pm On Dec 31, 2009
Quarelling is in order if handled well. They are 2 different people with different ideas and opinions. I witnessed their quarell once and it was so scary that I picked the phone and called my mum's uncle. I was about 7 years old then. I told him my dad was about to kill my mum. The uncle came with a retinue of family members. My parents were thoroughly embarrassed!
If they are careless enough however to engage in a bitter quarell in my presence now, angry  I'll get my camcorder and record. When they are sober, I'll have them watch it and threaten to show their grandchildren  cool
Re: What would You Do If You See Your Parents Quarrelling? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Dec 31, 2009
Free them. It's prob one of those days. My parents have never had an over-the-top fight, so i'll just let them ride it out.
Re: What would You Do If You See Your Parents Quarrelling? by snowdrops(m): 4:03pm On Dec 31, 2009
yajebu:

Quarelling is in order if handled well. They are 2 different people with different ideas and opinions. I witnessed their quarell once and it was so scary that I picked the phone and called my mum's uncle. I was about 7 years old then. I told him my dad was about to kill my mum. The uncle came with a retinue of family members. My parents were thoroughly embarrassed!
If they are careless enough however to engage in a bitter quarell in my presence now, angry  I'll get my camcorder and record. When they are sober, I'll have them watch it and threaten to show their grandchildren  cool
shocked Are you serious?

(1) (Reply)

Married And Deeply In Love With An Igbo Nigeria Boy,help Please: / How Do I Build Trust In My Relationship / Photo: Man Who Trekked For GEJ Shows Off His Beautiful Wife And Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.