Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,504 members, 7,816,196 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

The Stench Of Ignorance Of Nigerian Christians - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Stench Of Ignorance Of Nigerian Christians (4366 Views)

Nigerian Christians Protesting In Akure Against Killings In Benue And Others / "Buhari's 2-Day Visit To Lagos A Slap On Nigerian Christians" - Catholic Bishop / Sam Omatseye: "Nigerian Christians Should Arm Themselves Against Attacks" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Stench Of Ignorance Of Nigerian Christians by JackBizzle: 6:38pm On Apr 09, 2017
tosyne2much:
Christianity which is the way of life, is aimed at imitating Jesus Christ who suffered to redeem mankind from the power of death and gives us a second chance. This way of life which is called "Christianity" today is under threats in Nigeria as it's gradually losing its value and has kept us backward and unproductive as a result of some negative attitudes of believers such as archaic mentality, over spirituality, ignorance, foolishness, poverty, lack of common sense, etc 

Many of us were brought up with so much negative beliefs which have uninstalled our common sense and have installed us with mental bankruptcy. 

Without wasting time, I'm going to point out the stench of ignorance of many Nigerian Christians. 

1. Disturbing People from Sleeping at Odd hour

Nothing is as annoying as when you returned from work late and decided to take a few hour sleep and then someone comes with a megaphone in a quiet time (4am) and starts disturbing the whole community. Many Christians inconvenient other people with this barbaric act but they don't see anything wrong in because they think they're preaching. Some churches even compete with each other by the loudness of their megaphones. This is the level at which ignorance has taken us

2. Jeopardizing their Lives due to over-spirituality

Many people have lost their lives as a result of over spirituality and ignorance. It amazes how somebody will be very ill and instead of the person to seek medical attention, he or she will jeopardize his life with ignorance. Although, it's God that heals one from every disease but that doesn't mean one should fold his arms without seek a medical expert. The Bible even says that people perish for lack of knowledge. That is the level at which ignorance has taken ignorance to

3. Worshiping their Pastors

I have fine tuned my instincts in such a way that I know what's right and wrong, what to embrace and what to disbelieve. I don't see pastors as "perfect beings" because human are generally prone to imperfections, whether in statements or actions, so you can't expect these men to be right at all times. Sometimes, they view things from narrow perspectives and come up with ill-thought theories which I sometimes do not agree with but that doesn't mean they are fake or something. 

The way some Christians worship their pastors and crawl at his feet is very annoying but the same people can't even take a bow for their own parents. These are people who disturb their pastors every now and then for things that can practically be solved with common sense.

4. Their Perceptions towards Female Trousers 

This has been a very controversial debate for centuries even though there is no biblical law that specifically talks about who should wear a skirt or trouser except "Deuteronomy 22:5" that admonishes us not to live as a transvestite, and this has to do with more than just clothing, but a life that in every way emulates the opposite sex. In this part of the world, Christians bother themselves so much over irrelevant things even more than the heaven itself. We view things from myopic view and will discredit any lady wears trouser as being worthy of making heaven. In Nigeria, the stench of ignorance is so much that wearing of trouser as a lady is the basis for making heaving that's why we pat ladies who wear skirts on the shoulders as "true believes" while we label those who wear trouser as candidates of hell fire. 

5. Weavons are from Dead Bodies 

Sometimes, I'm forced to agree with atheists each time they claim that over-religious people are the most ignorant people you can ever come across because these people will never admit they are ignorant and will always find a suitable Bible verse to back up their ignorance. To make matters worse, many religious leaders impose fear in members by telling them how weavons are from dead bodies. I mean, what's the difference between thread and weavon if not that we are suffering from ignorance in Nigeria? Are the two not attachment? That's why some of these ladies won't be able to find husbands even at old age because they are always looking unappealing to men with the wack threads they use in planting their hairs

6. Attributing every Misfortune to Witchcrafts 

People believe so much in witches and wizards even more than they believe in God. It's very evident that religious people in my country don't blame themselves for their misfortune but will always look for a way to shift the blame on the devil. That is, when they fail an exam, it's always the plan of the devil for their lives; they experience accident due to lack of safety precautions, it's the work of witches, when they are poor as a result of misplaced priorities, it's usually the plan of devil for their lives. In fact, ignorance thrives in the lives of many Christians that you will see them gather to accuse a sick woman that need medication attention of charging to a bird. 

7. The use of Electronic Devices in place of Bible

The rate at which backwardness thrives in this part of the world is alarming that even the educated ones haven't found cure to it. I have heard so many pastors advising members to desist from Facebook, Twitter and BBM, if truly they want to make heaven. When you think you've heard enough, some christians will begin a moronic argumemt whether it's ideal for a Christian to use electronic device in place of a hard copy Bible, and the first thing you will hear is that how do one chase a demon away with an IPad? This stench of ignorance is usually common with those who can't afford these things, rather they condemn it 

8. The use of Likes/Dislikes to form Church Doctrines 

Many of us will agree that many people use their own tradition, likes and dislikes to form a doctrine which every member must abide. Take for example, just because someone was brought up by his parents never to wear expensive dress, by the time this person finds himself pastoring a church, he makes it a doctrine which members must follow. In fact, I know of two fellowships in my school who don't allow workers to wear jean trouser and keep teddy bear undecided. You can imagine the right of that ignorance? 

Brothers and sisters, the best we can do is obey God and follow his commandments. Let's not thread on the part of poverty and ignorance and then use the Bible to justify our ignorance 

May God help us 

I don't know if this makes sense 

Tosyne2much, I usually hate your threads but you have impressed me today.

I wish more Christians were like you

4 Likes

Re: The Stench Of Ignorance Of Nigerian Christians by tosyne2much(m): 7:33pm On Apr 09, 2017
JackBizzle:

Tosyne2much, I usually hate your threads but you have impressed me today.

I wish more Christians were like you
Woooow! I'm glad I have impressed you today.. Thanks bro
Re: The Stench Of Ignorance Of Nigerian Christians by JackBizzle: 7:48pm On Apr 09, 2017
tosyne2much:
Woooow! I'm glad I have impressed you today.. Thanks bro

No worries. I really liked this thread
Re: The Stench Of Ignorance Of Nigerian Christians by AyamConfidence(m): 7:49pm On Apr 09, 2017
tosyne2much:
[right] That's the problem we are facing in this part of the world.. Even the educated ones aren't helping matters.. This afternoon, a friend of mine shared a broadcast to me on whastapp and I began to marvel at this foolishness.. Meanwhile this guy is a graduate oo
lol...that's one of those surprising things humans do...some respect their so called men of God more than Almighty God himself... It's a pity
Re: The Stench Of Ignorance Of Nigerian Christians by wristbangle: 7:53pm On Apr 09, 2017
AyamConfidence:
But where is lalasticlala sef

If you dey come bring Seu. and Mynd4. along ooo

Same here. I was wondering why this thread hasn't grace FP.

The article is spot on.
Re: The Stench Of Ignorance Of Nigerian Christians by AyamConfidence(m): 7:57pm On Apr 09, 2017
wristbangle:

Same here. I was wondering why this thread hasn't grace FP.

The article is spot on.
I tell you bro...if I check FP and I see worthless threads and this remains here...I'll be totally disappointed in lala
Re: The Stench Of Ignorance Of Nigerian Christians by Urbanoversabi(m): 8:12pm On Apr 09, 2017
Hmmmmmm Tosyne2much, I don't know what to say because its as if you just copied everything, I intended posting about on my blog. I've really had it in mind to talk about this so much that more points keep pouring in whenever I want to use the publish button. The koko is "Know God Personally" Have a personal relationship with him. Thank you Tosyne2much.

1 Like

Re: The Stench Of Ignorance Of Nigerian Christians by GoodMuyis(m): 8:44pm On Apr 09, 2017
I see many regular christian and atheist on this thread

1 Like

Re: The Stench Of Ignorance Of Nigerian Christians by Nobody: 8:51pm On Apr 09, 2017
Lalasticlala comman move this thing to front page nah sad
Re: The Stench Of Ignorance Of Nigerian Christians by Nobody: 8:59pm On Apr 09, 2017
True my brother most especially No 1 grin grin
Re: The Stench Of Ignorance Of Nigerian Christians by GoodMuyis(m): 9:18pm On Apr 09, 2017

This is normal for every human being, those Partying, Calling for Salat, those playing musics in their homes etc does that too

You are wrong, poverty is the cause, how do you expect someone to afford Hospital bill higher than his four month salary, while family go still chop

You only Lament here, not explanation

I hold no reservation here but Deuteronomy 22:5 is not admonition the whole chapter is a commandment not a sermon.
Maybe you can advice your pastor's wife to wear leggins to the Pulpit to preach, its just a trouser

5. Poor orientation about Weavons
You could have made good presentation here but inclusion of Brazilian hair and find husbands make this point poor. There are many ladies at 40s with Brazilian hair yet unmarried. Read I Timothy 2:9 for spiritual insight

You are ignorant of evil force and what they can do. Thats all I can say.

You have a good point here but poorly explained, I was expecting some reason give by christian to avoid using digital gadget

8. Doctrines of Men Vs Doctrines of God
Understand the difference between Standard of men and Doctrines of Men

Brothers and sisters, the best we can do is obey God and follow his commandments. Let's not mentally enslave ourselves or out ourselves in boundage and think that is the essence of Christianity.

There is no bondage in Christianity yet out freedom does not allow us to live by World standard, there should be distinction when One becomes Born Again. Those who know their God shall be strong and do exploit

I don't know if this makes sense

You have good points, but you make it too personal and you hardly articulate response to some of the points

tosyne2much:
Written by: Tosyne2much

Good, Now how many people have you preached to this year alone and how many converts are you following-up?
Re: The Stench Of Ignorance Of Nigerian Christians by tosyne2much(m): 9:25pm On Apr 09, 2017
GoodMuyis:

This is normal for every human being, those Partying, Calling for Salat, those playing musics in their homes etc does that too

You are wrong, poverty is the cause, how do you expect someone to afford Hospital bill higher than his four month salary, while family go still chop

You only Lament here, not explanation

I hold no reservation here but Deuteronomy 22:5 is not admonition the whole chapter is a commandment not a sermon.
Maybe you can advice your pastor's wife to wear leggins to the Pulpit to preach, its just a trouser

5. Poor orientation about Weavons
You could have made good presentation here but inclusion of Brazilian hair and find husbands make this point poor. There are many ladies at 40s with Brazilian hair yet unmarried. Read I Timothy 2:9 for spiritual insight

You are ignorant of evil force and what they can do. Thats all I can say.

You have a good point here but poorly explained, I was expecting some reason give by christian to avoid using digital gadget

8. Doctrines of Men Vs Doctrines of God
Understand the difference between Standard of men and Doctrines of Men

There is no bondage in Christianity yet out freedom does not allow us to live by World standard, there should be distinction when One becomes Born Again. Those who know their God shall be strong and do exploit

You have good points, but you make it too personal and you hardly articulate response to some of the points

Good, Now how many people have you preached to this year alone and how many converts are you following-up?

In as much as you tried to be contradictory, lemme just leave you to wallow in your ignorance

1 Like

Re: The Stench Of Ignorance Of Nigerian Christians by Nobody: 9:41pm On Apr 09, 2017
tosyne2much:
In as much as you tried to be contradictory, lemme just leave you to wallow in your ignorance

I dashed you one like now just because this your article made sense today. quite unlike your various ten things articles. I just read the whole thing. the "Nigerian girls do not look good on their natural hair" comment has been forgiven go and sin no more
Re: The Stench Of Ignorance Of Nigerian Christians by GoodMuyis(m): 9:54pm On Apr 09, 2017
tosyne2much:

Since your ego wont allow you to accept constructive, go ahead and enjoy the applaud from you friends

Now the question again
how many people have you preached to this year alone and how many converts are you following-up?

Lets see how practical you are?
Re: The Stench Of Ignorance Of Nigerian Christians by tosyne2much(m): 10:29pm On Apr 09, 2017
Urbanoversabi:
Hmmmmmm Tosyne2much, I don't know what to say because its as if you just copied everything, I intended posting about on my blog. I've really had it in mind to talk about this so much that more points keep pouring in whenever I want to use the publish button. The koko is "Know God Personally" Have a personal relationship with him. Thank you Tosyne2much.
Thanks for the hype bro.. Well, you can post it on your blog too but endeavour to give credit

1 Like

Re: The Stench Of Ignorance Of Nigerian Christians by JackBizzle: 10:43am On Apr 10, 2017
Tosyne2much,

Can you see why I have been complaining about front page?

This is your best thread hands down but did it make front page? It is like front page is for nonsense like snake, boobs, butt, big brother and twitter/Instagram memes.
Re: The Stench Of Ignorance Of Nigerian Christians by Urbanoversabi(m): 12:50pm On Apr 10, 2017
tosyne2much:
Thanks for the hype bro.. Well, you can post it on your blog too but endeavour to give credit
Definitely.
Re: The Stench Of Ignorance Of Nigerian Christians by davien(m): 3:05pm On Apr 10, 2017
Christianity down to its core has always mostly been about whom is more wholesome in the eyes of god, so people form various ways of that based on their interpretation of the bible and form denominations or churches with said views in mind...

Most themes of Christianity today weren't held in mind by the initial practitioners...every new era tweaks its own form and fleshes another take on the story.
Re: The Stench Of Ignorance Of Nigerian Christians by Niflheim(m): 5:42pm On Apr 10, 2017
@op,

Nice write up!!! The one that shocks me the most is the drinking of "holy water"!!! When most sources of holy water were tested, they were discovered to contain fecal matter(hedgehog s.hit)!!!
Re: The Stench Of Ignorance Of Nigerian Christians by luvmijeje(f): 7:30pm On Apr 10, 2017
The stench of ignorance of the OP. Firstly, he committed the fallacy of generalisation. Secondly he wants to impose his worldly view on Christianity. 3rdly he outrighly lied that Christianity is losing his values.

Well OP, e don Tay where people don dey predict the demise of Christianity. You know why? Because true Christians knows that all these are detractors to take us away from God. We know that all of us must remain unshaken for the race that's set before us. For it's only those that serve him to the end that will be save.
Re: The Stench Of Ignorance Of Nigerian Christians by Nobody: 8:38pm On Apr 10, 2017
luvmijeje:
The stench of ignorance of the OP. Firstly, he committed the fallacy of generalisation. Secondly he wants to impose his worldly view on Christianity. 3rdly he outrighly lied that Christianity is losing his values.

Well OP, e don Tay where people don dey predict the demise of Christianity. You know why? Because true Christians knows that all these are detractors to take us away from
God. We know that all of us must remain unshaken for the race that's set before us. For it's only those that serve him to the end that will be save.

one fanatic spotted are you one of the pastor worshipers he is talking about or one of those that accuse their children of witchcraft and abandon them?

if a Muslim wrote an article against extremist s criticising them and another Muslim writers a comment saying he is imposing worldly views on Islam or innovating what will you think of that Muslim?
Re: The Stench Of Ignorance Of Nigerian Christians by tosyne2much(m): 8:45pm On Apr 10, 2017
luvmijeje:

Well OP, e don Tay where people don dey predict the demise of Christianity. You know why? Because true Christians knows that all these are detractors to take us away from God. We know that all of us must remain unshaken for the race that's set before us. For it's only those that serve him to the end that will be save.
The stench of your ignorance knows no bound.. Kindly point to be fallacious generalization in the write-up abeg
Re: The Stench Of Ignorance Of Nigerian Christians by luvmijeje(f): 8:57pm On Apr 10, 2017
proudafrogal:

one fanatic spotted are you one of the pastor worshipers he is talking about or one of those that accuse their children of witchcraft and abandon them?

if a Muslim wrote an article against extremist s criticising them and another Muslim writers a comment saying he is imposing worldly views on Islam or innovating what will you think of that Muslim?

Foolish questions.
Re: The Stench Of Ignorance Of Nigerian Christians by luvmijeje(f): 9:01pm On Apr 10, 2017
tosyne2much:
The stench of your ignorance knows no bound.. Kindly point to be fallacious generalization in the write-up abeg

All your points. Go church, you will refuse to go to church. You will sit down in one corner and start making conclusion from what you read in the news.

Read Bible.. ... . You will refuse. Garbage in garbage out.
Re: The Stench Of Ignorance Of Nigerian Christians by luvmijeje(f): 9:04pm On Apr 10, 2017
How many churches have you been to tosyne2much before opening this thread? Have you ever picked a Bible to read?
Re: The Stench Of Ignorance Of Nigerian Christians by Nobody: 9:17pm On Apr 10, 2017
tosyne2much:
The stench of your ignorance knows no bound..
Kindly point to be fallacious generalization in the write-up abeg
shocked
Ewwww
Na my one and only NL CRUSH you finish like this tosyne2much? Kò dáa óò.....

1 Like

Re: The Stench Of Ignorance Of Nigerian Christians by Nobody: 9:20pm On Apr 10, 2017
luvmijeje:

You will refuse. Garbage in garbage out.
Na only this phrase you Sabi sweetheart?
Learn something new naw.

BTW, nobody does GIGO more than you Christians. Una GIGO get no bound sef
Re: The Stench Of Ignorance Of Nigerian Christians by luvmijeje(f): 9:22pm On Apr 10, 2017
adepeter26:

Na only this phrase you Sabi sweetheart?
Learn something new naw.

BTW, nobody does GIGO more than you Christians. Una GIGO get no bound sef
Go and sit down. This is my first time of using it.
Re: The Stench Of Ignorance Of Nigerian Christians by luvmijeje(f): 9:24pm On Apr 10, 2017
adepeter26:

shocked
Ewwww
Na my one and only NL CRUSH you finish like this tosyne2much? Kò dáa óò.....

Hehehe! Wetin e finish? You're just deceiving your friend in crime o.
Re: The Stench Of Ignorance Of Nigerian Christians by tosyne2much(m): 9:31pm On Apr 10, 2017
luvmijeje:
How many churches have you been to tosyne2much before opening this thread? Have you ever picked a Bible to read?
I posted out how Christianity has enveloped the reasoning faculty of some people and you're asking me when last I read my Bible.. What has reading my Bible got to do with this for Christ's sake? So being a realist has turned me to an atheist right?

I repeat again, let me leave you to wallow in your mental bankruptcy
Re: The Stench Of Ignorance Of Nigerian Christians by luvmijeje(f): 9:36pm On Apr 10, 2017
tosyne2much:
I posted out how Christianity has enveloped the reasoning faculty of some people and you're asking me when last I read my Bible.. What has reading my Bible got to do with this for Christ's sake? So being a realist has turned me to an atheist right?

I repeat again, let me leave you to wallow in your mental bankruptcy
In other words you've never read a Bible. Have many churches have you been to? Mention the churches that are guilty of your so called crime?
Re: The Stench Of Ignorance Of Nigerian Christians by Nobody: 10:14pm On Apr 10, 2017
luvmijeje:

Go and sit down. This is my first time of using it.
Bae, you done forget say you done use this phrase on me like two to three times on different thread(s)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

MEET The Lovely Wife & Children TB Joshua Has Left Behind (full Photos) / Why Majority Of Christians And Their Leaders Will Miss Heaven. / Are Christians Held Accountable, What Does It Mean To Reap What You Sow?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.