Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,323 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:49 AM

Access And Document Control Officer: Job Roles And Functions - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Access And Document Control Officer: Job Roles And Functions (5866 Views)

NAF List Of Shortlisted Candidates 2019/2020 For Physical And Document Screening / 3 Human Resources ( HR ) Job Roles At Paykobo.com / NIS RECRUITMENT: Invitation For Physical Examination And Document Verification. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Access And Document Control Officer: Job Roles And Functions by Inioluwa01(m): 5:03pm On Apr 09, 2017
Good day people. Happy Sunday. I need help and I need it fast. I have an interview tomorrow for the above-mentioned job role and I have no idea what the position is all about. (P.S: I can't even remember applying for the job but the invite is legit and it's with a big, well-known company.) I have done some research online but I am not satisfied as almost of all the results I got explained the job role in foreign countries. Anyone currently serving in the capacity in any organization or have experience of what the position is about should help a brother please. Thank you.

Oga Lalasticlala, please help me.
Re: Access And Document Control Officer: Job Roles And Functions by nmreports: 7:25am On Apr 10, 2017
I think this is a classified position in the organization.

1. To provide access to documents for cleared staff.
2. To control the access of the who and who in the organization.
3. To coordinate and collate relevant information into separate boxes (computerized or non computerized).
4. To give information about certain documents as at when needed.
5. To probably research on data for the organization using outside sources.
5. Passive administration officer. etc.

If I am able to get more online, I would update. This is just an opinion cause I may be wrong.

On the contrary, why would you apply for a role you know nothing about?. Just curious.

2 Likes

Re: Access And Document Control Officer: Job Roles And Functions by amosadamu: 7:25am On Apr 10, 2017
Well you can google roles in this position
Re: Access And Document Control Officer: Job Roles And Functions by kings09(m): 7:26am On Apr 10, 2017
Don't go for the interview since u ain't satisfied wit any explanation n wait for NL's

1 Like

Re: Access And Document Control Officer: Job Roles And Functions by jazinogold(m): 7:28am On Apr 10, 2017
Based on logistics accessing of documents under ur control

1 Like

Re: Access And Document Control Officer: Job Roles And Functions by Nobody: 7:30am On Apr 10, 2017
Similar to the role of a confidential secretary.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Access And Document Control Officer: Job Roles And Functions by Ezedon(m): 7:31am On Apr 10, 2017
Ask them
Re: Access And Document Control Officer: Job Roles And Functions by Benjom(m): 7:33am On Apr 10, 2017
He or she implements and administers enterprise-wide document management systems and related procedures that allow organizations to capture, store, retrieve or share electronic records and documents.

Want To Get A Job Very Fast? Use Our CV Samples:

www..com/cv-sample-1/

www..com/cv-sample-2/

www..com/cv-sample-3/

#ThankUsLater
Re: Access And Document Control Officer: Job Roles And Functions by samhay: 7:36am On Apr 10, 2017
Samhay is typing
Re: Access And Document Control Officer: Job Roles And Functions by Nobody: 7:40am On Apr 10, 2017
Access control officer controls access bank money

1 Like

Re: Access And Document Control Officer: Job Roles And Functions by Awoo88: 7:41am On Apr 10, 2017
You're going to be essentially a Librarian . You will be keeping document and ensuring that they are save. Also decides what document should be save long term

1 Like

Re: Access And Document Control Officer: Job Roles And Functions by imoowo(m): 7:41am On Apr 10, 2017
Assistant Project Manager
Re: Access And Document Control Officer: Job Roles And Functions by thirdi(m): 7:46am On Apr 10, 2017
This is for document indexing and classifications. Document change control and access control management
Re: Access And Document Control Officer: Job Roles And Functions by ebbie9ja(m): 7:52am On Apr 10, 2017
Generate document number for all documents
Transmit documents to client
Archive documents
Re: Access And Document Control Officer: Job Roles And Functions by kitaatita: 7:54am On Apr 10, 2017
Filing clerk
Re: Access And Document Control Officer: Job Roles And Functions by Nedsnow(m): 7:56am On Apr 10, 2017
Awoo88:
You're going to be essentially a Liberia. You will be keeping document and ensuring that are save. Also decides what document should be save long term

I know it's a probably a typographical error!
But abeg make i use you play small before u chase me!
Liberia ko, Ghana ni grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Access And Document Control Officer: Job Roles And Functions by Inioluwa01(m): 8:06am On Apr 10, 2017
nmreports:

3. To coordinate and collate relevant information into separate boxes (computerized or non computerized).

If I am able to get more online, I would update. This is just an opinion cause I may be wrong.

On the contrary, why would you apply for a role you know nothing about?. Just curious.
Thank you for your contribution Bro. Like I said in my post, I can't remember applying for the job (I don't want to say I didn't). I would have let it slide but for the might of the organization. Thanks again.
Re: Access And Document Control Officer: Job Roles And Functions by dustydee: 8:08am On Apr 10, 2017
Inioluwa01:
Good day people. Happy Sunday. I need help and I need it fast. I have an interview tomorrow for the above-mentioned job role and I have no idea what the position is all about. (P.S: I can't even remember applying for the job but the invite is legit and it's with a big, well-known company.) I have done some research online but I am not satisfied as almost of all the results I got explained the job role in foreign countries. Anyone currently serving in the capacity in any organization or have experience of what the position is about should help a brother please. Thank you.

If it's an engineering company, a document controller is to ensure proper filing (electronic and hardcopy) of documents and transmittal of same to the client if necessary. For example, an Engineer prepares a specification, he gets it signed and approved by the relavant authorities, the engineer then passes it to the Document controller who scans the document and also obtains the native file (soft copy) and files it in the companies electronic filing system (most companies I know call it "documentum"wink. The document controller usually has a distribution matrix which shows where each document goes i.e the recipients. for example, a specification may go to the originator, the Engineering manager, the Project Engineer etc. and the client document controller (who will have his/her own distribution matrix). This is like officially handing over a document to the client. It makes it traceable and also useful for revision control so if there is any change, it still goes through the same process and so you know which document is the most current.
After the project, the DC also files the hard copies and sends to the archives.

4 Likes

Re: Access And Document Control Officer: Job Roles And Functions by ferdison(m): 8:09am On Apr 10, 2017
On the contrary, why would you apply for a role you know nothing about?. Just curious.[/quote]

He/she can learn on the Job. The Job doesn't really require much experience. It's more like a library. Just know where to get the document when a staff needs it and now most documents are gotten from the company's one stop shop. If he/she can't find the hard copy, then it can be downloaded sharply.
Re: Access And Document Control Officer: Job Roles And Functions by Inioluwa01(m): 8:09am On Apr 10, 2017
Benjom:
He or she implements and administers enterprise-wide document management systems and related procedures that allow organizations to capture, store, retrieve or share electronic records and documents.
Thank you Sir

1 Like

Re: Access And Document Control Officer: Job Roles And Functions by ferdison(m): 8:11am On Apr 10, 2017
nmreports:

He/she can learn on the Job. The Job doesn't really require much experience. It's more like a library. Just know where to get the document when a staff needs it and now most documents are gotten from the company's one stop shop. If he/she can't find the hard copy, then it can be downloaded sharply.
Re: Access And Document Control Officer: Job Roles And Functions by Awoo88: 8:11am On Apr 10, 2017
Nedsnow:

I know it's a probably a typographical error!
But abeg make i use you play small before u chase me!
Liberia ko, Ghana ni grin grin
No mind me. I guess I typed the wrong set of letters and auto correct decided to it own. Librarian was what I expected but I got Liberia

1 Like

Re: Access And Document Control Officer: Job Roles And Functions by dustydee: 8:14am On Apr 10, 2017

Establish and coordinate schedule for creating databases for tracking all technical
and nontechnical documents and provide status update on a regular basis.
Receive technical drawings from various discipline engineers and ensure revision
accuracy before issuing to the client/Vendor & any third parties.
• Ensure data accuracy in {deleted}and Documentum.
• Distribute internally copy of transmittals within the project team and site (if
deemed fit) as per distribution matrix assigned. Receive reviewed documents
from client and make
• respective log entries and assign the approval codes for the commented drawings
in TDR
• (Technical Document Register). Also transfer these approvals internally as per the
project distribution matrix.
• Interface with the vendor and obtain descriptions essential for the Vendor
Document
• Register such as date of submittal, vendor document number and number of
vendor revisions. Maintain file for the attached purchase orders from vendor, on
receipt of the vendor documents along with the reference of the transmittals
distribute to the respective engineers and quality engineers for review.
• On request send vendor documents to the client for review. Communicate all
comments received from client to the vendor.
• Liaise with vendors and expedite for timely submission of all documents as
mentioned in the VDR.
• Obtain the vendor recommendations for spare parts for the next three years
operation and maintain a record of the interchangeable parts. Follow up with the
vendors to submit the same. Distribute this spare part interchangeability record
to the concerned discipline and to the client for approval.
• Maintain records of shipping notifications and follow up with the vendor to submit
the final document of the purchase order.
• On completion of the contract prepare the project dossier reflecting all compiled
documents.
• Answer all day to day queries from Disciplines/Projects in regard to document
status.
• Verify if the MRB (Manufacturing Record Book) and the Operating Maintenance
Manual is in conformance with the quality standards in co-ordination with QA/QC
Team. Maintain a comprehensive list of the entire quality test plans needed to be
Re: Access And Document Control Officer: Job Roles And Functions by lekush(m): 8:43am On Apr 10, 2017
A document cobtroller is a person that is put in charge of all company documents. He is to give access to authodises people. There are dedicated softwares in use for this task. The role is usually available in multi ational companies. most companies are meant to use it just line HSE but because of d costs involved, oil and gas giants are d ones using it for now. I once worled as a document controller on a Shell project., Bonga vessel. Go for it. it sells in d market
Re: Access And Document Control Officer: Job Roles And Functions by lonelydora: 8:49am On Apr 10, 2017
nmreports:

Librarian? Na wa oooo. I think it's under Audit unit
Re: Access And Document Control Officer: Job Roles And Functions by shex202(m): 8:52am On Apr 10, 2017
Document Control Officer?........ we call the department "the solution center".They are responsible for doctoring papers lipsrsealed , just be ready and i hope it wont make u compromise ur religion.
Re: Access And Document Control Officer: Job Roles And Functions by sakalisis(m): 8:54am On Apr 10, 2017
Re: Access And Document Control Officer: Job Roles And Functions by itsede: 9:00am On Apr 10, 2017
Also known as open registry officer, in the department of open registry. A sub- arm under the administrative department.
Re: Access And Document Control Officer: Job Roles And Functions by nmreports: 10:16am On Apr 10, 2017
lonelydora:

Librarian? Na wa oooo. I think it's under Audit unit

Very possible.
I gave an uninformed opinion.

1 Like

Re: Access And Document Control Officer: Job Roles And Functions by lonelydora: 10:26am On Apr 10, 2017
nmreports:

Very possible.
I gave an uninformed opinion.

I'm not disapproving what you said. I'm just saying I never knew it's a librarian job.
Re: Access And Document Control Officer: Job Roles And Functions by adymobs(f): 11:52am On Apr 10, 2017
hello lekush, please can you list the softwares used for this kind of job. thanks.
lekush:
A document cobtroller is a person that is put in charge of all company documents. He is to give access to authodises people. There are dedicated softwares in use for this task. The role is usually available in multi ational companies. most companies are meant to use it just line HSE but because of d costs involved, oil and gas giants are d ones using it for now. I once worled as a document controller on a Shell project., Bonga vessel. Go for it. it sells in d market
Re: Access And Document Control Officer: Job Roles And Functions by Engrr(m): 12:10pm On Apr 10, 2017
Inioluwa01:

I don't know if you are already at the interview venue, but the truth is that most roles depend on the organisation. To be able to give you an exact idea of what this role will look like, one need to know what the organisation is into.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Apply Nigerian Airforce Recruitment 2018/2019 [easy Guidelines] / Solidhire (power Sector) Nigerian Job Vacancies – 16 Positions) / Apply For MSF - Doctors Without Borders Job [PHOTO]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.