Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,830 members, 7,817,429 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

Should I Join The Nigerian Legion? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Join The Nigerian Legion? (27180 Views)

Can I Join Nigeria Army(ssc) With B.agric? / I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions / How Can I Join STAN? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Join The Nigerian Legion? by Antoeni(m): 7:39am On Apr 10, 2017
Charlie go ahead
Re: Should I Join The Nigerian Legion? by koboko69: 7:40am On Apr 10, 2017
mjabdulk:
the nigerian legion is a private organisation/firm that uses to train its members for the security cadets. most of its members are retired military/ para-military of nigeria forces. any organisation such as universities that needs its service most especially security will request from it and bergains on the allowances to be paying to its members.

Legion in not a private organization.

They have an ACT signed into law by the President.

They are for mostly restired military men. However they absorb recruits now and post them for security where they are paid by those who employ them. They are military trained.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/12/kidnapping-lagos-recruits-military-trained-guards-schools/

Check Edo state also partnering with them for improved security.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Join The Nigerian Legion? by bigsam1992(m): 7:41am On Apr 10, 2017
Flintstone06:

Looks like a retiree force.. For retired soldiers

true talk,bt dis days civilian dat knw nothing about d force join,i doubt if dey are even paid.
Re: Should I Join The Nigerian Legion? by arsenic33(m): 7:43am On Apr 10, 2017
Holatunde007:
Nigerian legion..... Sometimes I use to think they are man O War stuffs

Meanwhile

pls fellow nairalanders, am a student in my HND 1 Estate management. Pls the semester is just ending, as we all know the country is tight right now, I need any work either factory, company, daily, weekly or office job I can do within the two months break before school resumes to have my school fees paid.
Pls I am all alone for myself.
Pls help a striving brother, am currently staying in Abeokuta.
This is my contact both what'sapp and direct call are allowed O7O 33 26 61 93. May the surprise us all IJN
AMEN
Guy farm plenty for Abeokuta. Walk into anyone and tell dem u need a job
Re: Should I Join The Nigerian Legion? by bigsam1992(m): 7:44am On Apr 10, 2017
anochuks08:
Where is your sense of humor?
the issues of these country has taken it all
Re: Should I Join The Nigerian Legion? by koboko69: 7:52am On Apr 10, 2017
bro4u:
op so from all the forces and para-military you didnt see any one to go with except that legion?, even Peace Corps and Man O War are better....Legion ni Region ko!!

Don't say what u don't know.

Legion as an ACT singed into LAW already.

Their commanders are all retired officers of the Nigerian Military. Their ID card is signed by a Major General in the Army. It was maiy meant for retired soldiers and officers but the now take in recruits whom they deploy to work as securities on request. Amobode is uaing them to guard schools already as seeb here.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/12/kidnapping-lagos-recruits-military-trained-guards-schools/
Police doesn't harrass then anyhow and even with the sticker on ur car...all those lasma and co don't bother u.
Even the Edo state government went into partnership with them to curb crime.

Mr OP. U can join voluntarily if u are accepted, dont expect any monthly pay per say except u are deployed to work somewhere. U can join just for some sense of security. But for pay....look for another Job.

5 Likes

Re: Should I Join The Nigerian Legion? by abiolag(m): 7:55am On Apr 10, 2017
AlphaStyles:
wait Nigeria get legion
Same question I was about to ask

1 Like

Re: Should I Join The Nigerian Legion? by HRich(m): 7:55am On Apr 10, 2017
xana101:

U are jobless. Cos everyone is rushing to work and u're here on a Monday morning fight for 1st to comment

Honesty I won't argue with you about that,

I'm sure jobless, but believe me, you don't live better than me and my Bank Alert na Gbagan My Cheque never for a day Bounce,

So fvckoff,

You're angry I'm there before you, broken ass like you
Re: Should I Join The Nigerian Legion? by HRich(m): 7:58am On Apr 10, 2017
xana101:

U are jobless. Cos everyone is rushing to work and u're here on a Monday morning fight for 1st to comment

One more thing, there's no security on Lagoon yet, so you can make use of it now now

I won't and nobody will miss you
Re: Should I Join The Nigerian Legion? by macanu(m): 7:59am On Apr 10, 2017
Notin stops u 4rm giving him 1
xana101:

Re: Should I Join The Nigerian Legion? by Nobody: 8:03am On Apr 10, 2017
OP, join them, they are good and you will never have problems with millitary or paramilitary forces, you can also earn a living from it

1 Like

Re: Should I Join The Nigerian Legion? by nenergy(m): 8:06am On Apr 10, 2017
fetrillion:
I am a 27yr Old graduate n there is a current opening for me to join the Nigerian legion.But I'm bereft of the importance of the region.
I tried to get some information based on their pay,career prospect n probably if it had any futuristic opportunity but i cudnt get any tangible information.
I would appreciate anyone that could give me an orientation.I really crave for d force.
My questions are...
1.Are they on federal gov pay roll..?
2.could there be any opportunity to move to other Force..?

See this: https://www.nairaland.com/2353301/nigerian-legion-members-carry-guns
Re: Should I Join The Nigerian Legion? by Nobody: 8:25am On Apr 10, 2017
Don't really know much about them. I only noticed that my neighbour who is one of them said once Police, VIO, LASTMA, or any of those irritants stops your car on the road and you identify yourself they will let you go.

Wait Oh! I being tell Baba Ada say me self wan join that time so Igando Police and VIO no go dey waste my time for road again. Make I rush go see whither d man still dey house.
Re: Should I Join The Nigerian Legion? by kavetal: 8:35am On Apr 10, 2017
Nigeria legion is a paramilitary organization for retire military personnel and interested civilians, you pay money to join, is voluntary organisation
Re: Should I Join The Nigerian Legion? by Ade3000yrs(m): 8:37am On Apr 10, 2017
hmm
Re: Should I Join The Nigerian Legion? by donfeluche(m): 8:48am On Apr 10, 2017
well you need to be properly informed, what you are planning to join is NIGERIAN LEGION CORPS OF COMMISSIONAIRES, they are an off shoot from NIGERAN LEGION or they were created from Nigerian Legion(Retired Soldiers), they are becoming independent now, and they are to be called RESERVED SOLDIERS, presently they have been recognized by the FEDERAL GOVT, but yet to be payroll, you have to join as a voluntary personnel but before next year the process of pay roll will take effect as it has been on the process, and once done getting the Job will no longer be easy, my advice is join now but still have something doing until Oluwa answer their call of pay rolling, else you will regret, just like civil defence people, when it was like boys scout. What are the benefit now, you will no longer be harass indiscriminately by Nigerian police, Road safety etc, in fact I don't know where I kept my car papers and Driving License since I joined

1 Like

Re: Should I Join The Nigerian Legion? by Nobody: 9:00am On Apr 10, 2017
anochuks08:
sounds like cult name
I swear grin
Re: Should I Join The Nigerian Legion? by fetrillion(m): 9:12am On Apr 10, 2017
donfeluche:
well you need to be properly informed, what you are planning to join is NIGERIAN LEGION CORPS OF COMMISSIONAIRES, they are an off shoot from NIGERAN LEGION or they were created from Nigerian Legion(Retired Soldiers), they are becoming independent now, and they are to be called RESERVED SOLDIERS, presently they have been recognized by the FEDERAL GOVT, but yet to be payroll, you have to join as a voluntary personnel but before next year the process of pay roll will take effect as it has been on the process, and once done getting the Job will no longer be easy, my advice is join now but still have something doing until Oluwa answer their call of pay rolling, else you will regret, just like civil defence people, when it was like boys scout. What are the benefit now, you will no longer be harass indiscriminately by Nigerian police, Road safety etc, in fact I don't know where I kept my car papers and Driving License since I joined
Exactly my point...tanx for d expository response
Re: Should I Join The Nigerian Legion? by skedy1(m): 9:17am On Apr 10, 2017
Flintstone06:

Looks like a retiree force.. For retired soldiers

It is!

That's why I don't even understand the dude.
Re: Should I Join The Nigerian Legion? by donfeluche(m): 9:58am On Apr 10, 2017
skedy1:

It is!

That's why I don't even understand the dude.

You don't need to understand before joining, because if you wait to understand it will already be late for you especially if you are unemployed, don't join those wagging their mouth, because they will still be the same people shading crocodile tears, begging for a God father to recommend them to get a job with NIGERIAN LEGION CORPS OF COMMISSIONAIRES, by then is already late, even if you don't enjoy any thing enjoy freedom of being intimidated by other security body like police, recently police conducted a mass arrest, and I was there, but immediately I pop my ID card, they apologize to me

3 Likes

Re: Should I Join The Nigerian Legion? by Rick9(m): 10:09am On Apr 10, 2017
I was thinking of the Roman Legions
Re: Should I Join The Nigerian Legion? by jd1986(m): 10:34am On Apr 10, 2017
donfeluche:
i want to join too
Re: Should I Join The Nigerian Legion? by adisaigbo1(m): 11:21am On Apr 10, 2017
Just met a member of the legion....2 things I took away from our discussion
1. The pay isn't that great
2. You can still move on to the other Force provided you're not above 30 years old.
He said you should start the process of moving on to other Force as soon as you're employed by the legion because the process is long and tedious!

2 Likes

Re: Should I Join The Nigerian Legion? by John902(m): 11:50am On Apr 10, 2017
legions don't pay,yet you pay huge amount to get into the system...I'm on the deeper life and redeem church axis and deeper life has their legion base,there I knew,to join,you pay #70,000 and they don't pay,I advice you to join Air force with your certificate
Re: Should I Join The Nigerian Legion? by Praizvictor(m): 12:18pm On Apr 10, 2017
Rich People Make More Money Because they have multiple streams of income..
How Many Streams Of Income do you have and How Many are You willing to have?

Join Our Online Business Seminar on Making Money from the Web with proofs and all necessary guidelines..

*No Calls, WhatsApp or Text message only*
Re: Should I Join The Nigerian Legion? by Rogodo22(m): 3:08pm On Apr 10, 2017
donfeluche:

Pls WhatsApp me 07039327340 .I'm interested
Re: Should I Join The Nigerian Legion? by GodofGrace(m): 8:48pm On Apr 10, 2017
Holatunde007:
Nigerian legion..... Sometimes I use to think they are man O War stuffs

Meanwhile

pls fellow nairalanders, am a student in my HND 1 Estate management. Pls the semester is just ending, as we all know the country is tight right now, I need any work either factory, company, daily, weekly or office job I can do within the two months break before school resumes to have my school fees paid.
Pls I am all alone for myself.
Pls help a striving brother, am currently staying in Abeokuta.
This is my contact both what'sapp and direct call are allowed O7O 33 26 61 93. May the surprise us all IJN
AMEN
I don't want to call you a liar but the truth is you are not serious at all, out of my busy schedule call you but you didn't pick up and you keep spaming every thread with your job hunting post
Re: Should I Join The Nigerian Legion? by Holatunde007(m): 10:12pm On Apr 10, 2017
GodofGrace:
I don't want to call you a liar but the truth is you are not serious at all, out of my busy schedule call you but you didn't pick up and you keep spaming every thread with your job hunting post
Honestly I went to charge the phone...... I have all proof to believe what I posted, I really want to work
Re: Should I Join The Nigerian Legion? by gabng(m): 1:01am On Apr 11, 2017
fetrillion:
I am a 27yr Old graduate n there is a current opening for me to join the Nigerian legion.But I'm bereft of the importance of the region.
I tried to get some information based on their pay,career prospect n probably if it had any futuristic opportunity but i cudnt get any tangible information.
I would appreciate anyone that could give me an orientation.I really crave for d force.
My questions are...
1.Are they on federal gov pay roll..?
2.could there be any opportunity to move to other Force..?

If you do not currently receive pension from the military then you are not eligible to join.

Or else you case might end up being a case of a fool & his money parting ways.
Re: Should I Join The Nigerian Legion? by deewhone(f): 2:44pm On Apr 11, 2017
sounds occultic.
Re: Should I Join The Nigerian Legion? by skedy1(m): 10:54pm On Jun 20, 2017
donfeluche:

You don't need to understand before joining, because if you wait to understand it will already be late for you especially if you are unemployed, don't join those wagging their mouth, because they will still be the same people shading crocodile tears, begging for a God father to recommend them to get a job with NIGERIAN LEGION CORPS OF COMMISSIONAIRES, by then is already late, even if you don't enjoy any thing enjoy freedom of being intimidated by other security body like police, recently police conducted a mass arrest, and I was there, but immediately I pop my ID card, they apologize to me

Ok, I never knew youth can join them!
Intimate me more on their process.
Re: Should I Join The Nigerian Legion? by skedy1(m): 10:57pm On Jun 20, 2017
donfeluche:

Didn't know youth could join.
Intimate me more on their process. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Apply For Trinitate International School Recruitment For Graduates 2017 / Police Recruitment: Female Candidate Slumps, Dies During Test In Abuja / Immigration Recruit-not Shortlisted-issues-compass 08

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.