Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,474 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

Corper Remanded In Kirikiri Prisons For Using Employers N3.5m For MMM, Twinkas - Investment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Corper Remanded In Kirikiri Prisons For Using Employers N3.5m For MMM, Twinkas (32681 Views)

The Only Way Out For MMM Nigeria / We Can Only Pray For MMM Victims – NDIC / Clarification Of New Law For MMM Participants. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corper Remanded In Kirikiri Prisons For Using Employers N3.5m For MMM, Twinkas by dacovajnr: 6:33pm On Apr 09, 2017
xty50:
Yay! 3rd Ftc grin grin
undecided

Re: Corper Remanded In Kirikiri Prisons For Using Employers N3.5m For MMM, Twinkas by slawomir: 6:33pm On Apr 09, 2017
ok
Re: Corper Remanded In Kirikiri Prisons For Using Employers N3.5m For MMM, Twinkas by purplekayc(m): 6:34pm On Apr 09, 2017
Good
Re: Corper Remanded In Kirikiri Prisons For Using Employers N3.5m For MMM, Twinkas by AJCs(m): 6:34pm On Apr 09, 2017
I pity the guy.
MMM and other related Ponzi schemes can never be sustainable cos they don't have any underlying economic activities but our gullible Nigerians who prefer quick return would at any time see any investment that would equally fetch u d same amount or more in months as rubbish

3 Likes

Re: Corper Remanded In Kirikiri Prisons For Using Employers N3.5m For MMM, Twinkas by Mandateinfinito(m): 6:40pm On Apr 09, 2017
This is serious! O ga ooooo!!
Re: Corper Remanded In Kirikiri Prisons For Using Employers N3.5m For MMM, Twinkas by Mandateinfinito(m): 6:41pm On Apr 09, 2017
Kirikiri ke!
Re: Corper Remanded In Kirikiri Prisons For Using Employers N3.5m For MMM, Twinkas by AntiWailer: 6:42pm On Apr 09, 2017
He should enjoy his vacation.

Greedy lot.
Re: Corper Remanded In Kirikiri Prisons For Using Employers N3.5m For MMM, Twinkas by onyeali(m): 6:43pm On Apr 09, 2017
The corps lawyer should challenge the jurisdiction of the court to try the matter. There's a rule in NYSC Act that state no youth corps member should be arrested,detained or prosecuted without the consent of NYSC or the state coordinator where the corps member is serving.
Re: Corper Remanded In Kirikiri Prisons For Using Employers N3.5m For MMM, Twinkas by harriet412(f): 6:45pm On Apr 09, 2017
Nawa o, the guy no got sense lipsrsealed Awoof dey purge person....
Re: Corper Remanded In Kirikiri Prisons For Using Employers N3.5m For MMM, Twinkas by Drabrah(m): 6:47pm On Apr 09, 2017
itsdumebi:
A national youth corper is currently languishing at the Kiri-Kiri medium prison in Apapa, Lagos after a failed N3.5 million investment in Twinkas and MMM Ponzi schemes.

Politics Nigeria discovered that the corper, a 2016 Batch B member of the National youth service corps, was arrested and arraigned for embezzlement after operators of the Ponzi schemes failed to return the money, which belonged to the company where he was doing his service.

The young man had hoped to make a quick profit at the end of his service only to end up disappointed. His employers wasted no time in inviting the police into the matter after he failed to return the money. His plight was made public by a colleague, a lawyer, who missed the last community development service (CDS) and took advantage of the group’s WhatsApp platform to explain his absence.

The lawyer, Augustine Ukpo, wrote:

“I was in court representing our Corper member colleague who was arrested and arraigned today before the Agbomalu Magistrate Court involved in N3.5 million embezzlement from his PPA (Place of Primary Assignment).” Giving an update the next day, corper Ukpo wrote on the same platform: “I earlier posted you guys that one (of) our Corper colleague(s) was arrested and arraigned yesterday.

He is now in Kirikiri Medium Prison pending the perfection of his bail conditions. While interviewing the corper member, I noticed bruises all over his body – evidence that he was beaten. He was kept in police custody for more than 24 hours. These got me furious as a lawyer. Even though the corper agreed that he used the money for MMM and Twinkas, his fundamental right should not be compromised. In this vein, I shall be filing a fundamental right action against the employer of the Corper.

Corper Ukpo refused to disclose the name of his client but posted photos showing signs of torture allegedly inflicted on him in a police cell before he was transferred to prison custody.
http://politicsngr.com/2017/04/09/corper-remanded-kirikiri-prisons-using-employers-n3-5m-mmm-twinkas/
cc : lalasticlala

Cool down Öga löya!
Remember u'll b contending wt more experienced brains in court.
Dat wound I'm seeing is not a fresh & is sure doesn't look like it's sustained frm beating.

1 Like

Re: Corper Remanded In Kirikiri Prisons For Using Employers N3.5m For MMM, Twinkas by oweman: 6:48pm On Apr 09, 2017
For a copper to invest his employer #3.6m in MMM he just very lijely must be an igbo person so blinded with the lust of money inspite of seversl wsrning byvthe CBN i sincerely hope he gets at least 2 years jail with hard lanour for his foolishness ! It's good for him .
That's some graduate idiot .!

Re: Corper Remanded In Kirikiri Prisons For Using Employers N3.5m For MMM, Twinkas by Nobody: 6:48pm On Apr 09, 2017
Im sure the guy was like
Re: Corper Remanded In Kirikiri Prisons For Using Employers N3.5m For MMM, Twinkas by blazhykowskyi(m): 6:49pm On Apr 09, 2017
bitcoinvin:
Ponsi scheme,i was i die hard-Fan ...Mark my Tense,I WAS!!!!!!!
i have 2 tbc
Re: Corper Remanded In Kirikiri Prisons For Using Employers N3.5m For MMM, Twinkas by Horlufemi(m): 6:51pm On Apr 09, 2017
eMeMeM is back again.

eMeMeM is the cause of suicides and jail time

Don't do eMeMeM, they will think you don't want good for them.
Re: Corper Remanded In Kirikiri Prisons For Using Employers N3.5m For MMM, Twinkas by oweman: 6:51pm On Apr 09, 2017
For a copper to invest his employer #3.6m in MMM he just very lijely must be an igbo person so blinded with the lust of money inspite of seversl wsrning byvthe CBN i sincerely hope he gets at least 2 years jail with hard lanour for his foolishness ! od for him .
That's some graduate idiot .!

Re: Corper Remanded In Kirikiri Prisons For Using Employers N3.5m For MMM, Twinkas by akblings(m): 6:52pm On Apr 09, 2017
Those who neva knew wat d guy did, would be lyk

Re: Corper Remanded In Kirikiri Prisons For Using Employers N3.5m For MMM, Twinkas by Jabioro: 6:54pm On Apr 09, 2017
His punishment will be growing geometrically according to MMM statistical measurement..
Re: Corper Remanded In Kirikiri Prisons For Using Employers N3.5m For MMM, Twinkas by ToluO: 6:55pm On Apr 09, 2017
sontoly:
Stupid coper, u don't use someone else money for business likewise ponzhi, he has to face the wrath of his foolishness.

Op I know say nairaland no dey use eye hear MMM or ponzhi, the fact is that those platforms have helped some people don't tag them bad all the time.

You mean help?....with other people's money, that's not help

1 Like

Re: Corper Remanded In Kirikiri Prisons For Using Employers N3.5m For MMM, Twinkas by FavoredGuy: 6:56pm On Apr 09, 2017
End time corper!!!
Re: Corper Remanded In Kirikiri Prisons For Using Employers N3.5m For MMM, Twinkas by aamstih: 7:02pm On Apr 09, 2017
I can't blame him... What was in his mind was 'let me make a quick rollover and return the capital'... Shit happens... If you've been there you would understand better.
Re: Corper Remanded In Kirikiri Prisons For Using Employers N3.5m For MMM, Twinkas by baby124: 7:07pm On Apr 09, 2017
How does a corper have that much access to company money.

3 Likes

Re: Corper Remanded In Kirikiri Prisons For Using Employers N3.5m For MMM, Twinkas by zoomman(m): 7:11pm On Apr 09, 2017
gabazin080:
nigerians are the most gullible set of people in the world.

i dont pity anyone who looses money to any ponzi scheme

Ur a Nigerian meaning ur also gullible.....
Re: Corper Remanded In Kirikiri Prisons For Using Employers N3.5m For MMM, Twinkas by castrol180(m): 7:13pm On Apr 09, 2017
Another self made victim of Mavro, senseless corper. Let the lawyer corper make name out of his case...you destroy your posterity, no one would ever want to employs a greedy thief.

1 Like

Re: Corper Remanded In Kirikiri Prisons For Using Employers N3.5m For MMM, Twinkas by ceejay80s(m): 7:15pm On Apr 09, 2017
They didn't listen
Re: Corper Remanded In Kirikiri Prisons For Using Employers N3.5m For MMM, Twinkas by micflo28(m): 7:21pm On Apr 09, 2017
A case of torture by the police in the event that they decide to settle out of court with the parents will mean suing Nigeria police for 100 million naira as compensation. You don't torture a corps without the knowledge of nysc. You have drawn a battle line with the Nigerian govt for messing with her child.

1 Like

Re: Corper Remanded In Kirikiri Prisons For Using Employers N3.5m For MMM, Twinkas by Flaghouse1: 7:24pm On Apr 09, 2017
itsdumebi:
A national youth corper is currently languishing at the Kiri-Kiri medium prison in Apapa, Lagos after a failed N3.5 million investment in Twinkas and MMM Ponzi schemes.

Politics Nigeria discovered that the corper, a 2016 Batch B member of the National youth service corps, was arrested and arraigned for embezzlement after operators of the Ponzi schemes failed to return the money, which belonged to the company where he was doing his service.

The young man had hoped to make a quick profit at the end of his service only to end up disappointed. His employers wasted no time in inviting the police into the matter after he failed to return the money. His plight was made public by a colleague, a lawyer, who missed the last community development service (CDS) and took advantage of the group’s WhatsApp platform to explain his absence.

The lawyer, Augustine Ukpo, wrote:

“I was in court representing our Corper member colleague who was arrested and arraigned today before the Agbomalu Magistrate Court involved in N3.5 million embezzlement from his PPA (Place of Primary Assignment).” Giving an update the next day, corper Ukpo wrote on the same platform: “I earlier posted you guys that one (of) our Corper colleague(s) was arrested and arraigned yesterday.

He is now in Kirikiri Medium Prison pending the perfection of his bail conditions. While interviewing the corper member, I noticed bruises all over his body – evidence that he was beaten. He was kept in police custody for more than 24 hours. These got me furious as a lawyer. Even though the corper agreed that he used the money for MMM and Twinkas, his fundamental right should not be compromised. In this vein, I shall be filing a fundamental right action against the employer of the Corper.

Corper Ukpo refused to disclose the name of his client but posted photos showing signs of torture allegedly inflicted on him in a police cell before he was transferred to prison custody.
http://politicsngr.com/2017/04/09/corper-remanded-kirikiri-prisons-using-employers-n3-5m-mmm-twinkas/
cc : lalasticlala

I wonder how people reason see your statement that hot me furious

You are talking of fundamental rights ,was the former not trampling on the employers right by using his N3.5 million for Ponzi scheme,he is lucky I am not the one two legs would have been on POP !
We need to tell ourselves the truth here the former is a thief
Re: Corper Remanded In Kirikiri Prisons For Using Employers N3.5m For MMM, Twinkas by AuroraB(f): 7:27pm On Apr 09, 2017
When will his POP be embarassed
Will he ever be a graduate grin
Re: Corper Remanded In Kirikiri Prisons For Using Employers N3.5m For MMM, Twinkas by reporterslab: 7:27pm On Apr 09, 2017
We should always bear in mind that there is no easy way to make money.
Re: Corper Remanded In Kirikiri Prisons For Using Employers N3.5m For MMM, Twinkas by newspostng(m): 7:32pm On Apr 09, 2017
how can you run a company when you even lack the know how and business strategy. we all admit everything is risk untill it becomes reality. how can you give an ordinary corper such amount to invest in scam scheme.as an organization with business ethics. I now know why many companies fail to succeed in nigeria coz they don't even have any idea in the first place.
Re: Corper Remanded In Kirikiri Prisons For Using Employers N3.5m For MMM, Twinkas by Nobody: 7:36pm On Apr 09, 2017
priceaction:
grin
Hope he is not part of the nl crew that always shout Na your money? Is it your money? Leave us alone. What has government done for us?So unfortunate he has messed up his service year and may even spend many years languishing in jail because of our useless legal system. Smh

He is definitely among those who would bash you for making your opinion against mmm

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Attitudes Displayed By MMM Participants / Swiss Golden. How Viable Is It / Hackers Demand $70M After Kaseya Ransomware Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.