Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:33 AM

Melaye's Certificate: CSNAC Petitions SFU, Alleges Fraud, Forgery - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Melaye's Certificate: CSNAC Petitions SFU, Alleges Fraud, Forgery (2561 Views)

Just In: NJC Gives Onnoghen, Acting CJN Tanko 7 Days To Respond To Petitions / SFU Ignores Court Order To Return Seized Vehicle To Owner / Innoson Flown From Enugu To Lagos In Shorts - Efcc Says Tax Fraud & Forgery Case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Melaye's Certificate: CSNAC Petitions SFU, Alleges Fraud, Forgery by distilledwalex(m): 7:25pm On Apr 09, 2017
The Civil Society Network Against Corruption (CSNAC) has urged the Commissioner of Police, Special Fraud Unit(SFU), to commence investigation into an alleged forgery and fraud in the scandal relating to Senator Dino Melaye's graduation from the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria.In a petition forwarded to the SFU of the police with a copy made available to the media, CSNAC's chairman, Mr. OlanrewajuSuraju, said if the scandal is not thoroughly investigated, it is capable of sending a bad impression about the efficiency of the nation's institutions.The petition reads: "Following a publicationfrom SaharaReporters, an online based newspaper, the media has been rife with issues of accusations and denials with respect to the fact that Mr. Dino Melaye, a senator in the National Assembly representing Kogi West, did not graduate from ABU as he has always alleged and severally submitted to INEC under oath for the purpose of elections."The Nigerian Senate Ethics Committee invited the said University’s Vice Chancellor; Prof. Ibrahim Garba, to appear before it to give clarifications on the issue."During his appearance, he made representations to the effect that from the university’s ‘available records’ Mr. Melaye had graduated from the university in the year 2000."This is in spite of academic records available to the public showing that some Professors at the Geography department manipulated and forged school records to help Mr. Melaye ‘graduate’."CSNAC noted that, "A report by the said SaharaReporters dated the 27th day of March, 2017 however revealed that whistle blowers from ABU; a combination of exam officers and Librarians have repudiated the claims by the university’s Vice Chancellor that Mr. Melaye graduated from the university."The reports further stated that more documents including the Joint Convocation Brochure have been seen to prove that Mr. Melaye did not graduate as opposed to the representations of the Vice Chancellor, based on the fact that the senator’s name was clearly absent from the document and also absent from the Alumni directory of ABU amidst other critical facts."The coalition stated that it is alleged that Mr. Melaye having not passed Geography 307 (Long Field Trip) a compulsory course required for graduation, nothing short of a crime of forgery would have resulted in his alleged graduation."One Prof. D.O Ogbonna (Late) was singledout with respect to the alleged forgery, following claims that he added two course units to Mr. Melaye’s Total Earned Course Units without recourse to the teacher, Dr. A.L Bello, who was the supervisor of the course."It was also reported that after a major academic scandal broke out in the late 1990s and early 2000s, Mr. Ogbonna was quietly eased out of ABU by allowing him to retire along with some other Professors who had engaged in grade inflation."In addition to the above, there are also reports that Mr. Melaye’s classmates who reached out to SaharaReporters after the scandal broke out said he spent at least 7-8 years studying at ABU before he left under questionable circumstances unable to fulfill his course work."On the basis of the above conflicting reports, we hereby urge and request your office to conduct an independent, fair and unbiased investigation in the interest of public confidence and in a bid to uphold theintegrity of Nigeria’s federal institutions, soas not to make a continuous mockery of the caliber and integrity of persons representingthe people in public offices."We are of the view that if this scandal is not thoroughly investigated, it is capable of leading watching international media and institutions into a justifiable conclusion as to the corrupt, inefficient and fraudulent nature of Nigerian educational institutions, the supposedly revered Nigerian senate and the country as a whole."The requested investigation has become a necessity in the face of the current administration’s commitment to eroding corruption from our public institutions," the coalition said.

http://saharareporters.com/2017/04/09/melayes-certificate-csnac-petitions-sfu-alleges-fraud-forgery

Re: Melaye's Certificate: CSNAC Petitions SFU, Alleges Fraud, Forgery by Qmerit(m): 7:27pm On Apr 09, 2017
Dino's result to NYSC cert in my opinion all manipulated... my believe is based on Harvard varsity and LSE denying him instantly after his claims in less than 24hrs.
But took our own ABU weeks to arrange the plans, and no one would tell me Dino was having his NYSC cert with him and went to tweet a picture of 99 corpers at KD and he was on differ outfit without putting up his cert at that point in time. After 15yrs of graduation he's just collecting a certificate from ABU a senator and once a rep member for that matter. My opinion and don't quote me just say urs. This is my submission.....

8 Likes

Re: Melaye's Certificate: CSNAC Petitions SFU, Alleges Fraud, Forgery by AirFireEarthH20: 7:31pm On Apr 09, 2017
Buhari has no Secondary School Cert but lied under oath that his cert is with secretary military board, this useless groups did not write police to investigate.

Even if Dino didn't graduate from ABU, he has school cert unlike buhari. So case close

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Melaye's Certificate: CSNAC Petitions SFU, Alleges Fraud, Forgery by doctokwus: 7:37pm On Apr 09, 2017
Qmerit:
O
I simply don't bliv Melaye graduated from ABU with required course credits units.Whatever the VC did and whatever hurriedly produced certificate ABU has belatedly given him,there are too many conflicting evidences to lay lie to Melaye and ABU's claim.
CSNAC has done well,@least Melaye and ABU will be kept on notice that many still doubt their charade.

3 Likes

Re: Melaye's Certificate: CSNAC Petitions SFU, Alleges Fraud, Forgery by psucc(m): 7:42pm On Apr 09, 2017
I wonder the kind of NGO we have in Nigeria. They are more political than politics itself. For God's sake what is the difference between 'one' and '1'? What is their take on Buhari's Certificate scandal?

This is it to say Dino may not have had any issue relating to the ABU graduation but if we want to fight the fraud in certificate racketeering, it must be holistic and wholeheartedly, void of bias.

4 Likes

Re: Melaye's Certificate: CSNAC Petitions SFU, Alleges Fraud, Forgery by dunkem21(m): 7:45pm On Apr 09, 2017
Somebody pls help me with that Dino song cheesy
Re: Melaye's Certificate: CSNAC Petitions SFU, Alleges Fraud, Forgery by profhezekiah: 7:50pm On Apr 09, 2017
AirFireEarthH20:
Buhari has no Secondary School Cert but lied under oath that his cert is with secretary military board, this useless groups did not write police to investigate.

Even if Dino didn't graduate from ABU, he has school cert unlike buhari. So case close
Y dont U use ur brain for once,buhari doesn't av a certificate,doesn't mean we should continue the trend

5 Likes

Re: Melaye's Certificate: CSNAC Petitions SFU, Alleges Fraud, Forgery by DickDastardly(m): 7:52pm On Apr 09, 2017
AirFireEarthH20:

Tell them

1 Like

Re: Melaye's Certificate: CSNAC Petitions SFU, Alleges Fraud, Forgery by Qmerit(m): 7:54pm On Apr 09, 2017
psucc:
I wonder the kind of NGO we have in Nigeria. They are more political than politics itself. For God's sake what is the difference between 'one' and '1'? What is their take on Buhari's Certificate scandal?

This is it to say Dino may not have had any issue relating to the ABU graduation but if we want to fight the fraud in certificate racketeering, it must be holistic and wholeheartedly, void of bias.

where were you when people took him to court over his certificate?

2 Likes

Re: Melaye's Certificate: CSNAC Petitions SFU, Alleges Fraud, Forgery by DickDastardly(m): 7:54pm On Apr 09, 2017
BUHARI = NEPA BILL

DINO = MOI MOI WRAPPER is okay with us!

#iStandWithDino grin cheesy
Re: Melaye's Certificate: CSNAC Petitions SFU, Alleges Fraud, Forgery by BERNIMOORE: 7:55pm On Apr 09, 2017
dunkem21:
Somebody pls help me with that Dino song cheesy

Ajekun iya Ni yo je, Eni ti o to Ni Ina to fe Dini lona Ajekun iya Ni o je. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Melaye's Certificate: CSNAC Petitions SFU, Alleges Fraud, Forgery by madridguy(m): 7:57pm On Apr 09, 2017
Hmmmmmmmmm
Re: Melaye's Certificate: CSNAC Petitions SFU, Alleges Fraud, Forgery by dunkem21(m): 7:58pm On Apr 09, 2017
BERNIMOORE:
Ajekun iya Ni yo je, Eni ti o to Ni Ina to fe Dini lona Ajekun iya Ni o je. grin

Thanks boss ..whistles away ..

Ajekun iya ni yo je .. grin

1 Like

Re: Melaye's Certificate: CSNAC Petitions SFU, Alleges Fraud, Forgery by jamace(m): 9:02pm On Apr 09, 2017
What can National Universities Commission do in this ABU mess?
Re: Melaye's Certificate: CSNAC Petitions SFU, Alleges Fraud, Forgery by distilledwalex(m): 10:14pm On Apr 09, 2017
Qmerit:
Dino's resulted to NYSC cert in my opinion all manipulated... my believe is based on Harvard varsity and LSE denying him instantly after his claims in less than 24hrs.
But took our own ABU weeks to arrange the plans, and no one would tell me Dino was having his NYSC cert with him and went to tweet a picture of 99 corpers at KD and he was on differ outfit without putting up his cert at that point in time. After 15yrs of graduation he's just collecting a certificate from ABU a senator and once a rep member for that matter. My opinion and don't quote me just say urs. This is my submission.....
Am not saying its related but that came after his visit to IBB with Saraki... Who dont know how influential IBB is in the north..
Re: Melaye's Certificate: CSNAC Petitions SFU, Alleges Fraud, Forgery by distilledwalex(m): 10:15pm On Apr 09, 2017
doctokwus:

I simply don't bliv Melaye graduated from ABU with required course credits units.Whatever the VC did and whatever hurriedly produced certificate ABU has belatedly given him,there are too many conflicting evidences to lay lie to Melaye and ABU's claim.
CSNAC has done well,@least Melaye and ABU will be kept on notice that many still doubt their charade.
Exactly my mind. . Thanks
Re: Melaye's Certificate: CSNAC Petitions SFU, Alleges Fraud, Forgery by napoleon77(m): 10:26pm On Apr 09, 2017
doctokwus:

If you want to fake a university degree then why fake a 3rd class??
Re: Melaye's Certificate: CSNAC Petitions SFU, Alleges Fraud, Forgery by doctokwus: 10:35pm On Apr 09, 2017
napoleon77:

If you want to fake a university degree then why fake a 3rd class??

Wud u fake something that wud expose u?
The 3rd class made Melaye almost anonymous till he became a rep,and now senator.A 2nd class upper or lower wud av quickly exposed him because his classmates knew how he was flunging his courses and wud av started asking questions on how those higher class of degrees magically came about.
Re: Melaye's Certificate: CSNAC Petitions SFU, Alleges Fraud, Forgery by Nobody: 10:37pm On Apr 09, 2017
Qmerit:
Dino's resulted to NYSC cert in my opinion all manipulated... my believe is based on Harvard varsity and LSE denying him instantly after his claims in less than 24hrs.
Your assertions are not totally correct. The accused was able to prove his nysc discharge certificate, original results well except that of London. The substance in this matter is his b.sc certificate obtained from a reputable university in Nigeria not London university. That London school denied ever seeing his result is out of it since the bone of contention is his b. so certificate obtained in Nigeria. Sahara desert couldn't prove beyond doubt after all the evidence put by the defence instead out of shame they diverted our attention. It not easy to fake result. That the accused graduated with third class and was notorious in school proves indeed he was a student especially with testimonies from his former colleagues that served same year with him.

1 Like

Re: Melaye's Certificate: CSNAC Petitions SFU, Alleges Fraud, Forgery by Nobody: 10:40pm On Apr 09, 2017
doctokwus:

Then why didn't the school issue him Second class upper or lower division? Who in his right thinking faculty would opt in for third class?
Re: Melaye's Certificate: CSNAC Petitions SFU, Alleges Fraud, Forgery by Nobody: 10:44pm On Apr 09, 2017
profhezekiah:
Y dont U use ur brain for once,buhari doesn't av a certificate,doesn't mean we should continue the trend
The trend is already there as he has lay the foundation for other presidential aspirant to follow suit. When a father tells his child not to steal but he himself is a thief then you wonder who's deceiving who

1 Like

Re: Melaye's Certificate: CSNAC Petitions SFU, Alleges Fraud, Forgery by Qmerit(m): 10:53pm On Apr 09, 2017
[s]
asuustrike2009:

Your assertions are not totally correct. The accused was able to prove his nysc discharge certificate, original results well except that of London. The substance in this matter is his b.sc certificate obtained from a reputable university in Nigeria not London university. That London school denied ever seeing his result is out of it since the bone of contention is his b. so certificate obtained in Nigeria. Sahara desert couldn't prove beyond doubt after all the evidence put by the defence instead out of shame they diverted our attention. It not easy to fake result. That the accused graduated with third class and was notorious in school proves indeed he was a student especially with testimonies from his former colleagues that served same year with him.
[/s]

i said no one should quote me instead make your opinion known on a fresh comment ground, he claimed 7 degrees by mentioning names of the schools he got them from and implicated himself by so doing not SR.... i am not saying it is bad to have a 3rd class, even pass for me is not bad.
But the manner and process of ABU used with Dino were doubtful which you clearly know... yes people came out to same they had same cert for nysc no one said they served in same ppa, shared room together, no one has ever mentioned the name of the ppa he used. The point is this and it is clear, Dino was having a core courses failed and these courses in geography are not suppose to be written in same school, but in another state entirely even SR Boss said so he studied geography too, he wrote his own in Benue or Jos and he attended Unilag.... Dino never did this... they wiped off these courses for him without passing them after spending 9yrs for a 4 years course... Yes the course adviser would prepare his result once higher authority say so. He got a result... that is why is it regarded as manipulated result...
Re: Melaye's Certificate: CSNAC Petitions SFU, Alleges Fraud, Forgery by napoleon77(m): 11:00pm On Apr 09, 2017
doctokwus:

Wud u fake something that wud expose u?
The 3rd class made Melaye almost anonymous till he became a rep,and now senator.A 2nd class upper or lower wud av quickly exposed him because his classmates knew how he was flunging his courses and wud av started asking questions on how those higher class of degrees magically came about.

So we believe Dino faked his results because Sahara said he didn't graduate but refused to believe the VC who said he did?

Is it not possible that Sahara is wrong while the VC and ABU are right?

People even argue that the date on his NYSC certificate is wrong but I have the same date on mine as I served the same time he did

1 Like

Re: Melaye's Certificate: CSNAC Petitions SFU, Alleges Fraud, Forgery by dunkem21(m): 11:20pm On Apr 09, 2017
napoleon77:

So we believe Dino faked his results because Sahara said he didn't graduate but refused to believe the VC who said he did?

Is it not possible that Sahara is wrong while the VC and ABU are right?

People even argue that the date on his NYSC certificate is wrong but I have the same date on mine as I served the same time he did

You really have time to educate people that choose to believe an online publication that has been caught severally peddling lies to a renowned professor that rose to the ranks of a VC.. For the guy to even go to NYSC is proof that whatever was done with Dino's certificate is over 10 years with another prof as VC.

I blame weak ABU alumni for allowing this nonsense get out of hand, if na my school; only me for don stop this madness of challenging my VC's submission and the institutions' integrity.

Nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Melaye's Certificate: CSNAC Petitions SFU, Alleges Fraud, Forgery by muyibaba222(m): 12:47am On Apr 10, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Yes ABU has cleared the air. But why should it wait for Senate intervention before clearing Dino even after several media made enquiries? This is wrong and killing investigative journalism. If educational institution could do this, what do you expect from gov't agencies? your employer is free to make enquiries about the originality of your certificates but you can not make such of your politicians whom you employ. This is why Nigeria is where she is today. Our politicians see themselves as gods. For LSE and Harvard, he claimed to have graduated there just like ABU.
Re: Melaye's Certificate: CSNAC Petitions SFU, Alleges Fraud, Forgery by masseratti: 12:54am On Apr 10, 2017
jamace:
What can National Universities Commission do in this ABU mess?
exactly my thoughts,the commission should investigate ABU
Re: Melaye's Certificate: CSNAC Petitions SFU, Alleges Fraud, Forgery by BlowBack: 12:57am On Apr 10, 2017
Where these one day when Buhari forge wasc result?

1 Like

Re: Melaye's Certificate: CSNAC Petitions SFU, Alleges Fraud, Forgery by Politicalapathy: 12:57am On Apr 10, 2017
u better shut up before the shut your organization off like they did to that senator..

1 Like

Re: Melaye's Certificate: CSNAC Petitions SFU, Alleges Fraud, Forgery by BlowBack: 12:58am On Apr 10, 2017
masseratti:
exactly my thoughts,the commission should investigate ABU

And Waec must investigate Buhari's certificate scandal

1 Like

Re: Melaye's Certificate: CSNAC Petitions SFU, Alleges Fraud, Forgery by BlowBack: 1:02am On Apr 10, 2017
muyibaba222:

Yes ABU has cleared the air. But why should it wait for Senate intervention before clearing Dino even after several media made enquiries? This is wrong and killing investigative journalism. If educational institution could do this, what do you expect from gov't agencies? your employer is free to make enquiries about the originality of your certificates but you can not make such of your politicians whom you employ. This is why Nigeria is where she is today. Our politicians see themselves as gods. For LSE and Harvard, he claimed to have graduated there just like ABU.

Just like INEC had no powers to disqualify Buhari over his fake waec result.

The Senate can not declare Dino's seat vacant over a baseless claim of presenting a fake result which I must add has now been debunked with Dino collecting his original certificate.

The only body that can disqualify Dino as a senator is the courts.

Go to court if you are not happy seeing Dino's face on the floor of the Senate

1 Like

Re: Melaye's Certificate: CSNAC Petitions SFU, Alleges Fraud, Forgery by masseratti: 2:42am On Apr 10, 2017
BlowBack:

And Waec must investigate Buhari's certificate scandal
waec did not carry out any exam for buhari,there was no waec in buhari's days but cambridge exam,cambridge confirm he sat for the exam but they cannot release his result unless he permit them to,I got no problem with dino but all these schools churning out illiterates.
Re: Melaye's Certificate: CSNAC Petitions SFU, Alleges Fraud, Forgery by BlowBack: 6:54am On Apr 10, 2017
masseratti:
waec did not carry out any exam for buhari,there was no waec in buhari's days but cambridge exam,cambridge confirm he sat for the exam but they cannot release his result unless he permit them to,I got no problem with dino but all these schools churning out illiterates.

Waec or wasc no difference as they are the same o'levels

Cambridge did not confirm if buhari did sit or not. They only said that only the applicant can apply for issuance of original certificate from where they can entertain verification from 3rd parties.

The Cambridge only confirmed that they offered Hausa language as a subject which by the way was only available to students sitting for the exam in the defunct western Nigeria region as only that region included local language as a secondary school course in their own separate curriculum!

Harmonisation of secondary schools curriculum began after 1971.

Buhari remains a primary school holder without his wasc certificate until he provides a valid certificate and not an obvious faked statement of result

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Commits Suicide By Hanging inside An Uncompleted Building In Lagos (Video) / 80-year-old Ritualist Arrested With Human Body Parts In Osun State. Graphic Pics / Reno Omokri Shades Buhari Again, States Hilarious Buhari Achievments In 3 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.