Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:46 AM

Help Needed!! Can One Start Up A Life As A Graduate With 5million Naira? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Help Needed!! Can One Start Up A Life As A Graduate With 5million Naira? (1064 Views)

How Will A Life Without The Internet Affect You? / Can One Start Recharge Card Printing Business With 300k? / Help Needed!! Can You Start Up A Life As A Graduate With 5million Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Needed!! Can One Start Up A Life As A Graduate With 5million Naira? by Koval12(m): 5:41am On Apr 10, 2017
Hi fellow nairalanders, your help is seriously needed..
i just want to know if 5million naira is enough to start up a life in Nigeria at the moment.I mean for somebody who is educated with BSc certificate but does not want to take up any job.somebody who prefers to run his own business.If the money is enough,please suggest what(any business) he can possibly go into.please be realistic.your comments will be invaluable.thanks.
Re: Help Needed!! Can One Start Up A Life As A Graduate With 5million Naira? by agohmamuda(m): 5:55am On Apr 10, 2017
if you are a graduate then u shld know the answer; if you are yet to be, you will know the answer upon graduation. Cheers
Re: Help Needed!! Can One Start Up A Life As A Graduate With 5million Naira? by ikp120(m): 5:56am On Apr 10, 2017
5 gini? 5 Milla? With that amount, I can GUARANTEE at least 500k everyday without stress.
Re: Help Needed!! Can One Start Up A Life As A Graduate With 5million Naira? by Koval12(m): 6:01am On Apr 10, 2017
ikp120:
5 gini? 5 Milla? With that amount, I can GUARANTEE at least 500k everyday without stress.
Your suggestion will be highly appreciated.
Re: Help Needed!! Can One Start Up A Life As A Graduate With 5million Naira? by Koval12(m): 6:02am On Apr 10, 2017
agohmamuda:
if you are a graduate then u shld know the answer; if you are yet to be, you will know the answer upon graduation. Cheers
I don't understand.
Re: Help Needed!! Can One Start Up A Life As A Graduate With 5million Naira? by iTunechi(m): 6:13am On Apr 10, 2017
Hmmm in the real world.. 5mil small sha
Re: Help Needed!! Can One Start Up A Life As A Graduate With 5million Naira? by moblix: 6:20am On Apr 10, 2017
Try to invest with it,it will b OK 4 a good start up investment
Re: Help Needed!! Can One Start Up A Life As A Graduate With 5million Naira? by Koval12(m): 6:34am On Apr 10, 2017
iTunechi:
Hmmm in the real world.. 5mil small sha
Yeah I know. That's why I need your help
Re: Help Needed!! Can One Start Up A Life As A Graduate With 5million Naira? by Koval12(m): 6:35am On Apr 10, 2017
moblix:
Try to invest with it,it will b OK 4 a good start up investment
What sort of business please?
Re: Help Needed!! Can One Start Up A Life As A Graduate With 5million Naira? by Koval12(m): 6:39am On Apr 10, 2017
Lalasticlala please help me out.
Re: Help Needed!! Can One Start Up A Life As A Graduate With 5million Naira? by moblix: 6:43am On Apr 10, 2017
Koval12:

With such amount u are bless,dey are any business think of d 1 u can do and pray to God for multiplication
Re: Help Needed!! Can One Start Up A Life As A Graduate With 5million Naira? by Nobody: 6:44am On Apr 10, 2017
Koval12:
i just want to know if 5million naira is enough to start up a life in Nigeria at the moment.I mean for somebody who is educated with BSc certificate but does not want to take up any job.somebody who prefers to run his own business.If the money is enough,please suggest what(any business) he can possibly go into.please be realistic.your comments will be invaluable.thanks.

Your question seems broad.

Everybody is different, however the key costs you'll face will include

- Accommodation
- Transportation
- Feeding

Since you're starting out, you need to find ways of keeping these costs to the barest minimum. That is, until you can generate enough cash flow to "upgrade".

How to generate cash flow?

Remember the proverb about the lizard and the rat. The lizard dived into the pool, swam to the other side and quickly shook off all the water on his back. The rat copied him...and then tried to shake off the water, but couldn't, as his fur was deeply soaked...and the rat died of cold

In short, you'll have to find income-generating activities that will "rhyme" with you as a person, based on clear motives.

By the way, why are you thinking of "running your own business"?
Re: Help Needed!! Can One Start Up A Life As A Graduate With 5million Naira? by emeijeh(m): 6:46am On Apr 10, 2017

1 Like

Re: Help Needed!! Can One Start Up A Life As A Graduate With 5million Naira? by Koval12(m): 7:04am On Apr 10, 2017
alignacademy:

Your question seems broad.

Everybody is different, however the key costs you'll face will include

- Accommodation
- Transportation
- Feeding

Since you're starting out, you need to find ways of keeping these costs to the barest minimum. That is, until you can generate enough cash flow to "upgrade".

How to generate cash flow?

Remember the proverb about the lizard and the rat. The lizard dived into the pool, swam to the other side and quickly shook off all the water on his back. The rat copied him...and then tried to shake off the water, but couldn't, as his fur was deeply soaked...and the rat died of cold

In short, you'll have to find income-generating activities that will "rhyme" with you as a person, based on clear motives.

By the way, why are you thinking of "running your own business"?
Don't want to exploited by someone and at the end, I will have nothing to show for the time, energy and resources wasted.
Re: Help Needed!! Can One Start Up A Life As A Graduate With 5million Naira? by Nobody: 7:06am On Apr 10, 2017
Koval12:

Don't want to exploited by someone and at the end, I will have nothing to show for the time, energy and resources wasted.

Hmmm

That motive may not help you pull through the rigours in business.

Being "exploited" involves many factors, including not taking responsibility for one's life. Y'know, the old "Massa-will-take-care-of-me" mentality. That is the major obstacle that wastes people's lives.

Perhaps you could look into getting a steady career and then if business is your thing, do it on the side. If the business grows, no one will tell you when you need to commit full-time
Re: Help Needed!! Can One Start Up A Life As A Graduate With 5million Naira? by Koval12(m): 7:37am On Apr 10, 2017
alignacademy:

Hmmm

That motive may not help you pull through the rigours in business.

Being "exploited" involves many factors, including not taking responsibility for one's life. Y'know, the old "Massa-will-take-care-of-me" mentality. That is the major obstacle that wastes people's lives.

Perhaps you could look into getting a steady career and then if business is your thing, do it on the side. If the business grows, no one will tell you when you need to commit full-time

I have worked so hard that at this point in my life, all I wish for, is to be my own boss, or have people working for me
Re: Help Needed!! Can One Start Up A Life As A Graduate With 5million Naira? by Nobody: 7:50am On Apr 10, 2017
Koval12:

I have worked so hard that at this point in my life, all I wish for, is to be my own boss, or have people working for me

"The plot thickens..."

With all those years of work behind you, I'm assuming you now have a family and dependants.

That's what makes taking the plunge very difficult.

Because nobody wants to know that your monthly sales have been a bit slow; you still have pay your kids' school fees.
And the landlord will still want his rent paid.

Your case seems deeper than at first blush. I advise you get competent advice before you make any major move.

Peace.
Re: Help Needed!! Can One Start Up A Life As A Graduate With 5million Naira? by Koval12(m): 8:09am On Apr 10, 2017
alignacademy:

"The plot thickens..."

With all those years of work behind you, I'm assuming you now have a family and dependants.

That's what makes taking the plunge very difficult.

Because nobody wants to know that your monthly sales have been a bit slow; you still have pay your kids' school fees.
And the landlord will still want his rent paid.

Your case seems deeper than at first blush. I advise you get competent advice before you make any major move.

Peace.
Am still a young boy in my mid twenties
Re: Help Needed!! Can One Start Up A Life As A Graduate With 5million Naira? by Nobody: 8:22am On Apr 10, 2017
Koval12:

Am still a young boy in my mid twenties

OK

I assumed you had worked for maybe 20 years or so

Cheers!
Re: Help Needed!! Can One Start Up A Life As A Graduate With 5million Naira? by Koval12(m): 8:30am On Apr 10, 2017
alignacademy:

OK

I assumed you had worked for maybe 20 years or so

Cheers!
I can't possibly be starting life after working for 20 years as assumed.
Re: Help Needed!! Can One Start Up A Life As A Graduate With 5million Naira? by Nobody: 8:41am On Apr 10, 2017
Koval12:

I can't possibly be starting life after working for 20 years as assumed.

LOL

Didn't even know from the original post that you had already started working.

Yes, "starting life" has different interpretations
Re: Help Needed!! Can One Start Up A Life As A Graduate With 5million Naira? by secure: 9:53am On Apr 10, 2017
Koval12:

With 5million you can invest in Palm kennel oil mill industry. Getting guarantee 100% ROI in less than 8 month. Kindly contact me on WhatApp for more details on the investment plan : o7o338 817 10.
Re: Help Needed!! Can One Start Up A Life As A Graduate With 5million Naira? by Wisebird22(m): 2:48pm On Apr 10, 2017
Koval12:

rent a filling station buy produce and sell,just b focus in a mata of months u will testify
Re: Help Needed!! Can One Start Up A Life As A Graduate With 5million Naira? by MrFuckallday: 10:51am On Apr 11, 2017
Use it for Australian study visa ASAP. You'd triple it in less than 2 years.
Re: Help Needed!! Can One Start Up A Life As A Graduate With 5million Naira? by Koval12(m): 6:26am On Apr 25, 2017
MrFuckallday:
Use it for Australian study visa ASAP. You'd triple it in less than 2 years.
How can I go about this

(1) (Reply)

That Moment The Oba Of Lagos Palace Get Burnt. A Coincidence? / Nairaland Log In Issues / NEMA Boss Appeals To Striking Workers, Expresses Commitment To Contending Issues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.