Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,142 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate (40924 Views)

PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) HND/Bsc[2.2] Graduate Trainee Programme 2019 / 2 Graduate Vacancies At Louis Berger Nigeria / 2 Graduate Job Position Opened At Airtel Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate by pamcode(m): 5:30pm On Apr 10, 2017
unclezuma:
grin grin grin grin

Op, what did you study, aha! Accounting and Economics.

Your grades have nothing to do with your lack of a job, kindly reorientate your mindset and get the required skills both hard and soft for your chosen career.

Op are you skilled in Sage, Peachtree and Tally, if you are not go and get it.

#Selah
Perhaps he did ICAN.

1 Like

Re: Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate by Nobody: 5:31pm On Apr 10, 2017
pamcode:
Perhaps he did ICAN.

That's also good, but being competent is key, this means heeds the knowledge/qualifications, skills and experience to back them up.
Re: Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate by smartiyke78: 5:50pm On Apr 10, 2017
Calendermokola:
Hello,

I hope you all are doing fine .

I graduated from the University with a Second Class Lower (Bsc Economics), Missed 2.1 by 0.01 point . A partly qualified Accountant who has good knowledge of Taxation , Audit , Financial reporting and Microsoft Office suite. I am still hunting for Job.

I would see a lovely vacancy that I would want to apply for, reading through the requirements, I would realize that the minimum requirement is a 2.1.

I would give my CV to people and they would say "No, We cant help you . You made a 2.2 .

All these denials just because I didnt make a 2.1

Lessons for undergraduates still in school :

-Try as much as possible to graduate with not less than a 2.1
-Graduating with a 2.2 might deny you from getting certain benefits.
- Ignore those that say , "Even first class still dey look for Job, who 2.1 help?"
- Trust in God.

I wanted to tell u somtin, bur wen i saw d last part of ur write-up, i c ure even d problem to urself...
Do i need to mention to u here pple who have made a name for demselves even with a 3rd class? Bsides, must u work for sombdy to bcome sombdy? My broda think outside d box! D only person dat can limit or stop u is U....
And if ure christ believing christian and know wot Faith is, den u need to put it in action!
Re: Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate by Calendermokola: 5:51pm On Apr 10, 2017
selfmadeboss:
Its not really about your cert. I graduated with a pass or just call it certificate of attendance. For those that dont know, its worst that dino malayes 3class. Its like going to university and fail.
But now, i employ masters holders and doctorate degree holders. Disccover yourself and you wont need to go for an interview again

That is great sir. Inspired!
Re: Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate by IamSpenxer(m): 6:00pm On Apr 10, 2017
rattlesnake:
I graduated with 2.8/5 now am a PhD student in Netherland
Bros, pls how did u go about it? I sent u a request mail already, kindly reply when u're less busy.
Re: Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate by murphymakun(m): 6:02pm On Apr 10, 2017
Don't give up bro, am once a victim of that shit called 2.2 but glory to God am doing great now just believe that they is a light at the end of the tunnel.
Re: Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate by Ituneth(m): 6:18pm On Apr 10, 2017
[quote author=rattlesnake post=55444053] I graduated with 2.8/5 now am a PhD student in Netherland

Nice one
Re: Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate by Unigrad: 6:27pm On Apr 10, 2017
tstx:
@Op depends on the school you graduated from bro... 2.2 get levels, a UNN 2.2 is not on the same level with a FUTO or Unizik 2.2
Nor deceive yourself ooo. 2.2 na 2.2 irrespective of the school you obtain it from. No job interview will ask you the school you graduated from.

1 Like

Re: Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate by SHOPPERS(m): 6:33pm On Apr 10, 2017
God Is Not Concerned About Your Class Of Degree. I Just Got A Job In One Of The Biggest Pharma Companys In Nigeria With 2.2 In Industrial Chemistry. Press On, God Is Working On Your Case.
Re: Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate by timothy404: 6:48pm On Apr 10, 2017
whether u came out with 2.2 or 2.1 is not considering in this situation of this country nigeria. what matter is man know man. if u don't know anyone no work for u.
Re: Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate by Obiwiz(m): 7:05pm On Apr 10, 2017
Alhkerimu:
Believe it or not Grade matter alot in your academic life.
Not just about going to school but how you could be able to utilise your brian while in school is issue that matter.
Instead of telling your junior ones to belt up while in school in other to boost thier grade some people are here discouraging them.
The fact that mr A graduated from school with first class an lack job up till this moment that does not warrant you to conclude even if mr B should graduate tomorrow with first class it'll be the same thing no. Our destiny inlife cannot be the same thing.
Alot of people who are un-employ today they are the causes of their problem because while in school they did not serious and this affect their grade negatively.
No organization wil want to employ you when your grade is too low.
I know alot of tout will insult me here for this comment but i have tell them the truth
Just my thoughts. Dunno why people make careless statements without having a rethink.
They keep saying people with low grades also succeed(I don't doubt that). But for every third class degree holder that made it in life, at least ten other third class holders never really found their feet in life because of the weak class of degree. A STRONG CLASS OF DEGREE MAY NOT MEAN AUTOMATIC FOOD ON THE TABLE, BUT IT CERTAINLY GIVES YOU AN EDGE. Do yourself some good while you can!

2 Likes

Re: Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate by Nobody: 7:06pm On Apr 10, 2017
seriously? comparing UNN with FUTO..LMFAO

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate by kobenol(m): 7:08pm On Apr 10, 2017
Best advise ever... Take this to your blessing.
gamechanger1:
There is absolutely nothing wrong with you and your 2:2; what you need is some experience, i will advise you to look for a small firm and offer your services for free. After about 6 months to one year, the response from the firms you apply to will be different. You just need to have something on your CV and in a little while you will explode beleive me. Thats the same route i went and im a senior manager in a multinational now.
I took this path some 4yrs ago as a graduate Civil Engineer. All the skills and experiences has gotten me multiple offers.

2 Likes

Re: Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate by Flintstone06(m): 7:09pm On Apr 10, 2017
Calendermokola:
@ all .

I am just trying to advice those that are still in school to try and make good grades.

Meanwhile, Please I am looking for an Accounting job ... Thank You !

Encourage yourself before encouraging the undergraduates in the forum. I have 2.2... Sure limiting but you will live a very decent life notwithstanding
Re: Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate by Shaev7(m): 7:09pm On Apr 10, 2017
Wrong perception you got. Yes is good to graduate with good grades but you have to know that not all have equal level of assimilation , so if one struggles to study and even graduate with Pass, that person will still make it in life because every level in life has its own success home and habitat, The rector of my school who head for 8 years graduated with pass but yet she still attained great heights. Pursue your goal and don't relent. "The only person that can help you up is yourself."

1 Like

Re: Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate by Nobody: 7:10pm On Apr 10, 2017
tstx:
abeg don't compare FUTO engineers with that of UNN.. difference dey o

1 Like

Re: Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate by avalontony(m): 7:23pm On Apr 10, 2017
tamzy123:
wake up dude.. go get a life. Anyways, a 2.2 from ATBU is equivalent to a 2.1 in any other university in Nigeria. You should have gone to ATBU.

grin grin grin fear God........

Wake up from thee slumber

1 Like

Re: Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate by Timothyoj(m): 7:26pm On Apr 10, 2017
Calendermokola:
@ all .

I am just trying to advice those that are still in school to try and make good grades.

Hello bro, having 2.2 is no big deal but you and you yourself. Pls send me your CV to this mail : Shola.amao@graceco.com.ng
God might work out something for you .

1 Like

Re: Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate by Nobody: 7:41pm On Apr 10, 2017
tstx:
@Op depends on the school you graduated from bro... 2.2 get levels, a UNN 2.2 is not on the same level with a FUTO or Unizik 2.2

who is this zombie? have you studied in Futo before? I made 2:1 in mathematics and computer science and it was with hard work and continues study accompanied with sleepless nights. don't talk trash next time OK. there is no OO that can make 2:1 in FUTO. highest 2:2.

i am a Futo graduate and I am willing and ready to compete with you that is an UNN graduate.
Re: Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate by Tex42(m): 7:50pm On Apr 10, 2017
tstx:
stop living in antiquity bro. That line is old.
Re: Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate by Craigston: 7:52pm On Apr 10, 2017
talktonase:
It is not by class of degree oh.The race is not for the swift or powerful or intelligent but Time and chance happenth to them all...
Time and chance happens to them all, but they happen to some more than others. Also, not all times and chances are equal.
Re: Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate by udeh3(m): 8:06pm On Apr 10, 2017
Calendermokola:
@ all .

Do something exceptional with your skills and experience. The day you think going to school is to get a good job, from dat day you miss your purpose

I graduated by God's grace with upper credit... Uptill now i've not use the result to work in any office apart from serving my father's land

As a man thinketh in his hearth, so he is Provb 23:7
Re: Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate by Nobody: 8:08pm On Apr 10, 2017
Alhkerimu:
Believe it or not Grade matter alot in your academic life.
Not just about going to school but how you could be able to utilise your brian while in school is issue that matter.
Instead of telling your junior ones to belt up while in school in other to boost thier grade some people are here discouraging them.
The fact that mr A graduated from school with first class an lack job up till this moment that does not warrant you to conclude even if mr B should graduate tomorrow with first class it'll be the same thing no. Our destiny inlife cannot be the same thing.
Alot of people who are un-employ today they are the causes of their problem because while in school they did not serious and this affect their grade negatively.
No organization wil want to employ you when your grade is too low.
I know alot of tout will insult me here for this comment but i have tell them the truth
Oya answer this question: what if everyone graduates with a good grade will there be jobs for everyone?
Re: Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate by Nobody: 8:13pm On Apr 10, 2017
celestialAgent:
If you can't get a job, make a job.

If you are really worth being employed, making a job to start off should not be a big deal.
Do people make jobs with sand? Everything involves money oh. If the money is not there you can't make any job.
Re: Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate by godwinony(m): 8:30pm On Apr 10, 2017
ekems2017:
If only one point made you miss 2.1 your school would have given to you. That is what is suppose to be instead of wasting those points.
But 2.2 is not bad they are using it to scare you away.
Given ko..I graduated last year from uniport's computer science department..a friend of mine had 4.49..beg from now till tomorrow, H.O.D say nothing can be done..
Re: Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate by godwinony(m): 8:30pm On Apr 10, 2017
ekems2017:
If only one point made you miss 2.1 your school would have given to you. That is what is suppose to be instead of wasting those points.
But 2.2 is not bad they are using it to scare you away.
Given ko..I graduated last year from uniport's computer science department..a friend of mine had 4.49..beg from now till tomorrow, H.O.D say nothing can be done..
Re: Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate by celestialAgent(m): 8:34pm On Apr 10, 2017
Ontarget:

Do people make jobs with sand? Everything involves money oh. If the money is not there you can't make any job.
ok, keep looking for the job and stay idle.
Re: Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate by Ugosample(m): 8:41pm On Apr 10, 2017
selfmadeboss:
Its not really about your cert. I graduated with a pass or just call it certificate of attendance. For those that dont know, its worst that dino malayes 3class. Its like going to university and fail.
But now, i employ masters holders and doctorate degree holders. Disccover yourself and you wont need to go for an interview again

You employ doctorate degree holders? shocked shocked

Weydon Sir

1 Like

Re: Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate by EBUBECHISOM(m): 8:46pm On Apr 10, 2017
Grade really matters
Re: Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate by Edokpia: 8:57pm On Apr 10, 2017
change your mindset , or go for deleverance you might have been having home problem.
Re: Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate by ekems2017(f): 8:58pm On Apr 10, 2017
Well it depends on the person that is in the head of affairs. A point was added to my friend in Unical so i thought it's a standard thing.

godwinony:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2016 UBA PLC Graduate Trainee Recruitment Here / 5 Signs You Are Not As Smart As You Think. / Nnpc Salary Scale For Fresh Graduate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.