Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,165 members, 7,811,373 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:29 AM

Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) - TV/Movies (558) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) (693419 Views)

Group For Anime / Manga Lovers ✔️✔️ / Anime Lovers! I Need List Of Interesting Anime Series.. / A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (555) (556) (557) (558) (559) (560) (561) ... (754) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by JUHABACH: 2:47am On Mar 02, 2022
Santos07:
Guys I saw this on twitter.
Which team of 4 anime characters can stop these guys
Living tribunal
lucifer
Beyonder
The thought robot

Featherine Augustus Aurora
Elder God Demonbane
Kami Tenchi
Goddess Madoka
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by IMAliyu(m): 3:00am On Mar 02, 2022
Black Rock shooter TV. An old Anime that got wiped from my memory, and I only recently recalled having watched it.

To be blunt the story is just totally uninteresting highschool girl drama, but with each drama there is this alternate world were their conflicts are personified into this cool battles. The anime is not worth watching however the fight scenes are good, really good actually and still hold up incredibly well to this day and being in CG at that.

So just watch the fight scenes and forget everything else, found this anime back when I was checking out Hiroyuki Imaishi (Old Gainax animator and one of the founders of Studio Trigger). He directed the fight scenes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OF950Vg75gg
An AMV of it.

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by nani667: 11:17am On Mar 02, 2022
✔️✔️

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by CoolUsername: 12:07pm On Mar 02, 2022
IMAliyu:
Black Rock shooter TV. An old Anime that got wiped from my memory, and I only recently recalled having watched it.

To be blunt the story is just totally uninteresting highschool girl drama, but with each drama there is this alternate world were their conflicts are personified into this cool battles. The anime is not worth watching however the fight scenes are good, really good actually and still hold up incredibly well to this day and being in CG at that.

So just watch the fight scenes and forget everything else, found this anime back when I was checking out Hiroyuki Imaishi (Old Gainax animator and one of the founders of Studio Trigger). He directed the fight scenes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OF950Vg75gg
An AMV of it.

What are the odds? I just watched this back in January. I saw it used in a Digibro amv, so I decided to download. Pretty boring if you ask me, I couldn't even make our to the end. Also, the animation holding up to this day isn't that big a deal for a 2010s production. The fights were pretty fun though.

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by CoolUsername: 12:13pm On Mar 02, 2022
Fun fact: We were originally going to get the first English release of Stardust Crusaders in 2003 but production was halted due to a scene where DIO was reading the Koran.
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by nani667: 7:12pm On Mar 02, 2022
°°°°°

3 Likes

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by tamdun: 2:46pm On Mar 03, 2022
Is HUNTING X HUNTER ever coming back?

3 Likes

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by IMAliyu(m): 4:52pm On Mar 03, 2022
CoolUsername:

What are the odds? I just watched this back in January. I saw it used in a Digibro amv, so I decided to download. Pretty boring if you ask me, I couldn't even make our to the end. Also, the animation holding up to this day isn't that big a deal for a 2010s production. The fights were pretty fun though.
Yeah.

I mean the CGI scenes, they were better than most CG from the time and even compared to some recent shows.
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Kaycee7(m): 6:39pm On Mar 04, 2022
Love the smug face but can't wait to see my best girl, Ami.

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Kaycee7(m): 6:40pm On Mar 04, 2022
The Akebi's house looks like something out of a fairytale.

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Kaycee7(m): 6:44pm On Mar 04, 2022
Can't wait to see what Tetsuro Araki (Attack on Titan), Urobuchi Gen (Fate/Zero) and Hiroyuki Sawano are cooking with WIT Studio.

4 Likes

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by CoolUsername: 4:14pm On Mar 05, 2022
tamdun:
Is HUNTING X HUNTER ever coming back?

Lemme put this into perspective. Since, the Hunter x Hunter anime ended, Togashi has produced about 30-something chapters. Within that same timeframe, Tatsuki Fujimoto was written and completed both Fire Punch and Chainsaw Man.

The chances are very low. Especially if Togashi gets another "injury" (ie: another Dragon Age sequel is released)

1 Like

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by GRIMMJOE(m): 5:38pm On Mar 05, 2022
Kaycee7:
Can't wait to see what Tetsuro Araki (Attack on Titan), Urobuchi Gen (Fate/Zero) and Hiroyuki Sawano are cooking with WIT Studio.
It's giving off Studio Ghibli vibe.
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Rubxsky: 6:04pm On Mar 05, 2022
Kaycee7:
it doesn't seem action focused what is sawano doing there
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Kaycee7(m): 6:07pm On Mar 05, 2022
Rubxsky:
it doesn't seem action focus what is sawano doing there
Lol! Who told you Sawano scores only action titles?
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Rubxsky: 6:21pm On Mar 05, 2022
Kaycee7:
Lol! Who told you Sawano scores only action titles?
i don't know of any non action anime he composed OSTs for.
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Kaycee7(m): 6:33pm On Mar 05, 2022
Rubxsky:
i don't know of any non action anime he composed OSTs for.
Well, there's 3 of them.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by wiilly02(m): 8:23pm On Mar 05, 2022
I think I saw someone mention Ranking of Kings.
I can expressly say its one of the best shows we have right now, intriguing storyline and very fresh concept
Try it out guys.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by nani667: 1:31pm On Mar 06, 2022
Ise Nanao

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Kaycee7(m): 1:44pm On Mar 06, 2022
wiilly02:
I can expressly say its one of the best shows we have right now, intriguing storyline and very fresh concept
Try it out guys.
Ah! So you've discovered best boy, Bojji.

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Kaycee7(m): 1:45pm On Mar 06, 2022
nani667:
Ise Nanao
Class prefect grin
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Baddestguyp(m): 9:19pm On Mar 06, 2022
wiilly02:
Try it out guys.
I stopped at episode 12...
I want it to finish before watching the rest...
I love the show so much...
They're in episode 20...out of 23

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Tmberwolf1: 9:33pm On Mar 06, 2022
Baddestguyp:
I stopped at episode 12...
I want it to finish before watching the rest...
I love the show so much...
They're in episode 20...out of 23
Is it really that good? And please could you tell me the synopsis?
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by CoolUsername: 9:44pm On Mar 06, 2022
Yuri tarded

4 Likes

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by CoolUsername: 9:46pm On Mar 06, 2022
Kaycee7:

Gen Urobutcher, huh? Get ready to watch your favourite characters die
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by CoolUsername: 9:58pm On Mar 06, 2022
Kaycee7:
Class prefect grin

Despite her limited screentime, I liked Nanao's character arc. It was quite nice to see her finally get a chance to shine in the TYBW arc.

MILD BLEACH SPOILERS

She got to show her proficiency in Kidou. Also, it was also interesting to explore how Kyouraku's guilt over what happened with Lisa in the TBTP arc led to his overprotective attitude with Nanao. Which may have held her back as a fighter.
Still though, they were able to overcome their character flaws and give each other much needed support when it really counted.

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Kaycee7(m): 2:01pm On Mar 07, 2022
Tmberwolf1:

Is it really that good? And please could you tell me the synopsis?
It's about a boy who's small for his age, deaf and dumb trying to become a great king.

Yes, I know. It sounds like a basic, generic shounen plot but the storytelling is very engaging. And the characters are multi-dimensional and will leave you wondering where their allegiances lie and what their motives are.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Kaycee7(m): 2:08pm On Mar 07, 2022
CoolUsername:

Despite her limited screentime, I liked Nanao's character arc. It was quite nice to see her finally get a chance to shine in the TYBW arc.

MILD BLEACH SPOILERS

She got to show her proficiency in Kidou. Also, it was also interesting to explore how Kyouraku's guilt over what happened with Lisa in the TBTP arc led to his overprotective attitude with Nanao. Which may have held her back as a fighter.
Still though, they were able to overcome their character flaws and give each other much needed support when it really counted.
I do drag Bleach for having the weakest writing out of the big 3 but they really did a great job with their characters.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by CoolUsername: 4:38pm On Mar 07, 2022
Kaycee7:
I do drag Bleach for having the weakest writing out of the big 3 but they really did a great job with their characters.

Hot take here but I firmly believe that characters are more important than writing and plot in the battle shonen genre. Characters are probably even more important than the action if you think about it.

Another hot take incoming: Jujutsu Kaisen doesn't do enough to make me care about its characters (maybe except Maki) despite being one of the best shonens out there.
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Kaycee7(m): 5:09pm On Mar 07, 2022
CoolUsername:

Hot take here but I firmly believe that characters are more important than writing and plot in the battle shonen genre. Characters are probably even more important than the action if you think about it.

Another hot take incoming: Jujutsu Kaisen doesn't do enough to make me care about its characters (maybe except Maki) despite being one of the best shonens out there.
I actually agree. Interesting characters do make for entertaining stories. Works spectacularly with episodic shows. Can carry linear shows too, even if the plot isn't all that.

Haven't seen JJK yet but also haven't heard anything about the characters that wasn't superficial or related to power scaling so it tracks, for now.
Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by nani667: 8:38pm On Mar 07, 2022
°°

Re: Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) by Antoinemercer: 5:52am On Mar 08, 2022

(1) (2) (3) ... (555) (556) (557) (558) (559) (560) (561) ... (754) (Reply)

Big Brother Titans (BBTitans) 2023: Live Updates Thread / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.