Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,081 members, 7,953,303 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:46 PM

Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them (65021 Views)

Abandoned Places And Buildings In Nigeria And Around The World / The Literal Meaning Of Names Of Major Places In Lagos / Harvard University Graduates Visit Slave Market, Other Places In Lagos. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by Somatic(m): 9:19pm On Apr 11, 2017
Explorers:
Nicosia International Airport, Cyprus.

Prior to the Turkish invasion on Cyprus in 1974, this was actually the most important airport in the whole country.

Today it is a no-man’s land, a United Nations buffer zone from which both Greeks and Turks are barred.

Can we observe that despite the area being cordoned off, the place still has electricity. Here wey be all man land, light no dey. Also, Chernobyl, despite it being shut down still produced electricity from its reactors up till 2000. Yet over here, on top $16bn and counting all the "zations", we still dey do turn by turn for light. And we think we will make heaven?

4 Likes

Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by frostland(m): 9:59pm On Apr 11, 2017
Explorers:
Abandoned mall in Bangkok, Thailand filled with Tilapia.

A mall in Thailand that used to be awash with shoppers is now teeming with fish after the abandoned building was flooded.

The New World Mall, in Bangkok, was closed in 1997 after it was found to have breached building regulations, before a fire in 1999 left it without a roof.

Rainwater slowly filled the building with water, causing a major mosquito problem in the community.

In an effort to rid themselves of the pests, the locals introduced freshwater talapia fish to eat the insects.

The fishes can be seen in hundreds.
menh fresh fish pepper soup don da hungry me this the best place to go fishing
Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by ageraGT: 10:33pm On Apr 11, 2017
good sites for the walking dead movie
Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by papae1(m): 10:41pm On Apr 11, 2017
Wow
Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by Iamlordgee(m): 11:38pm On Apr 11, 2017
dumo1:

This country is a cursed country, see nigeria airways, see Okada air fleet. these beautiful airlines and others that have come after them have died a natural death just because of corruption and aero and arik air would soon join them too.
See Igbenedion had a rift with a man.. a man who he never knew would become the then Minister Of Aviation ... When Igbenedion wanted to officially launch Okada Air.. The Minister Of Aviation said his planes can't Fly. That was how everything spoil.
Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by Iamlordgee(m): 11:40pm On Apr 11, 2017
naijaboiy:

Igbenedion who set up this airline business abandoned it and built the first private university in Nigeria.

I wonder why he couldn't maintain this line of business tho. See waste of aircraft! cry
See Igbenedion had a rift with a man.. a man who he never knew would become the then Minister Of Aviation ... When Igbenedion wanted to officially launch Okada Air.. The Minister Of Aviation said his planes can't Fly. That was how everything spoil.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by naijaboiy: 11:53pm On Apr 11, 2017
Iamlordgee:

So you mean those planes didn't even fly at all?

Wow that's sad!
Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by naijaboiy: 12:23am On Apr 12, 2017
dumo1:

This country is a cursed country, see nigeria airways, see Okada air fleet. these beautiful airlines and others that have come after them have died a natural death just because of corruption and aero and arik air would soon join them too.
Lack of maintenance and poor management is the cause of all these problems.

1 Like

Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by Nobody: 12:41am On Apr 12, 2017
Iamlordgee:

like seriously, just like that.
Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by Iamlordgee(m): 11:59am On Apr 12, 2017
dumo1:
like seriously, just like that.
Yes bro.. And he couldn't do anything
Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by xplicity1(m): 1:54pm On Apr 12, 2017
Explorers:
Unoccupied Irish Homes, Ireland.

At first glance, this looks like a nice and quiet neighborhood that any family would love to live in.

When you look a bit closer, you’ll see that these houses are not occupied, nor have they ever been.

Ireland has lots of neighborhoods that were built up, but after the housing collapse in 2008, these homes were never sold.

Although no one has ever lived here, it is creepy to walk these empty streets.
They used this place in one of Walking Dead scenes
Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by Nobody: 4:17pm On Apr 12, 2017
Electronzeez:

Nijiriya

Why is nigeria cursed angry
u mama is cursed to have given birth to u
Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by Nobody: 4:19pm On Apr 12, 2017
dumo1:

your family is cursed for life
Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by daveP(m): 7:44pm On Apr 12, 2017
Explorers:
Abandoned Nigerian Airways Fleet.

http://www.thetrentonline.com/why-buharis-plan-to-revive-nigerian-airways-is-a-bad-idea-historyclass-with-chxta/
lalasticlala, mynd44
the stories mumc told me while working there shows the virus started b4 independence. a top boss would send guys to remove some equipments and gradually, planes became grounded. i wish2 put blame on the north but this was a 3tribe affair. smh.
Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by Nobody: 8:30am On Apr 13, 2017
michaelandre:
your family is cursed for life
On top wetin? Na satan go punish you dia! Oloshious son of a rat. if your parents wasted their resources sending you to school and you can't comprehend the simple sentence i wrote up there Pls vent your anger elsewhere. Your 1000 generations yet unborn is the one that is cursed. Bastard son of a thousand father's.

6 Likes

Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by Nobody: 8:35am On Apr 13, 2017
naijaboiy:

So you mean those planes didn't even fly at all?

Wow that's sad!
truly sad. I remember when my father used to fly Okada air those days, beautiful times, the Airline tickets are even still in his cupboard.
The good old days are gone.

1 Like

Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by lozanni(m): 11:02am On Apr 13, 2017
kachiz:

I have always wondered what this building was for. Thanks man!

smiley Under 20 guys
Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by bimadek(m): 1:35pm On Apr 13, 2017
teelaw4life:

Na call of duty oo. Black Ops. E dey my system sef...
bros no be black ops na COD4 modern warfare
Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by teelaw4life(m): 1:48pm On Apr 13, 2017
bimadek:
bros no be black ops na COD4 modern warfare

E dey black ops sef. There's this scenario when you're playing multiplayer mode, it's called Grim. Go check am. Na that black ops wey feature Mason as protagonist oo.
Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by kachiz(m): 4:30pm On Apr 13, 2017
lozanni:

smiley Under 20 guys

Nope, I do not fall under that age range. I am sure there are a lot of older people that have zero knowledge of the building.

I am not alone

2 Likes

Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by bimadek(m): 1:16am On Apr 14, 2017
teelaw4life:

E dey black ops sef. There's this scenario when you're playing multiplayer mode, it's called Grim. Go check am. Na that black ops wey feature Mason as protagonist oo.
ok true I just search to confirm it,I have played black ops campaign but not multiplayer

1 Like

Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by Gemc3(f): 1:49pm On Apr 14, 2017
vicky6:
it's explorer again

Exactly what I was about to type. Lol
Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by Priceless200(f): 3:39pm On Apr 14, 2017
Explorers:
Church of the Ghosts, Lukova, Czech Republic.

Located in the northwestern Bohemia town of Luková, the ‘Church of Nine Ghosts’ first fell into disrepair after the ceiling caved in during a funeral service in 1968.

Locals took that as a bad omen, and boarded up the 14th century structure, holding services outside instead.

But many residents saw the church as an important part of the town’s history, and wanted to see it restore.

A local artist placed eerie phantoms in the church to bring attention to the spirit of the church, creating a haunting experience for those who go to visit.
Makes me remember this movie... 'HOUSE OF WAX' the most horrible movie I ever watched.. Geeeezzzz
Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by Priceless200(f): 3:42pm On Apr 14, 2017
Explorers:
Unoccupied Irish Homes, Ireland.

At first glance, this looks like a nice and quiet neighborhood that any family would love to live in.

When you look a bit closer, you’ll see that these houses are not occupied, nor have they ever been.

Ireland has lots of neighborhoods that were built up, but after the housing collapse in 2008, these homes were never sold.

Although no one has ever lived here, it is creepy to walk these empty streets.
Abuja Nigeria. Say no more man.. cry

1 Like

Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by Priceless200(f): 3:58pm On Apr 14, 2017
naijaboiy:

Igbenedion who set up this airline business abandoned it and built the first private university in Nigeria.

I wonder why he couldn't maintain this line of business tho. See waste of aircraft! cry
It's super hard, as in its not easy to maintain an airline bro, believe me. It's even easier to buy jet for yourself and friends to lift you whenever you need, bearing all cost than running a commercial airline. Imagine what can make a man, alive, to overlook and abandon such assets he acquired with his hard earned money. Not minding anything.
Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by henrimoto(m): 10:44pm On Apr 14, 2017
MARKETfund:

Many creepy stories about that building
Heard it was once a hotel but the strong spirit living inside the Zuma rock kept frightening the guests, tourist and staff in the dead of the night lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
uuuhmmm.. i have wondered too why the abandonement of the building, anytime i pass through that kaduna - Abuja Rd.
Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by MrOreo(m): 12:17pm On Apr 16, 2017
EMEKA1MILLION:
I cant remember which game featured this location. Either call of duty or medal of Honor.. Can someone pls remind me?
Is it Silent Hill? I'm not sure but I know it was a horror game.
Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by phazotron(m): 3:11pm On Apr 17, 2017
Talk2Bella:
there's one abandoned skyscraper at Iyana Era after Okokomaiko na me go sell that building last last

I know that building. It's at the back of my secondary school fgcl ijanikin . It's in era village.

1 Like

Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by Iamdmentor1(m): 3:45pm On Apr 17, 2017
Explorers:
Pripyat, Ukraine.

The city of Pripyat was established in Ukraine, close to the border of Belarus on Feb. 4th 1970 as a Soviet nuclear city.

It was a residential to the workers who worked in the nearby Chernobyl nuclear power plant.

But in 1986, the nuclear power plant faced a disaster, more popularly known as the Chernobyl Disaster of 1986, which led to the evacuation of the entire city.

Priypat, thus, remains a radioactive ghost city haunted by the nightmares of that dreadful night.

shocked
Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by juicydiceyjoe(m): 11:21pm On Apr 17, 2017
Explorers:
Hashima Island, Japan

This place was once an island that was filled with coal, home to 5,000 workers.

Once all the coal had been extracted, there was no more use for the island.

Today the island lays barren, nothing more than an eerie place filled with a glimpse of what was once there and shadows.
Niger Delta almost comes to mind.
Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by Nobody: 6:12pm On May 28, 2017
Love, love, looooooove this thread!
Great work explorers, I'm a fan of your posts.
I've had particular interest in this sort since I was a kid, saw lots of shows on paranormal activities.
Re: Creepy Abandoned Places In Nigeria & Around The World: Stories Behind Them by Explorers(m): 6:32pm On May 28, 2017
Darla:
Love, love, looooooove this thread!
Great work explorers, I'm a fan of your posts.
I've had particular interest in this sort since I was a kid, saw lots of shows on paranormal activities.

Thanks sis.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Diamond Rolls-Royce Stole The Show During Eid al-Fitr Celebrations In Manchester / Guy Insults Canada, Girl Defends With Posts That Got Over 1M Likes And Retweets / AfricaRanking: 20 Worst Slums In Africa.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.