Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,025 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:50 AM

Atheist, Why Not Face Front?... - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheist, Why Not Face Front?... (4377 Views)

I Am An Atheist. Why Should I Consider Becoming A Christian? / What Lessons Can We Learn From Atheist? Why Did God Create Atheist ? / Atheist: Why We Do (not) Need The Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheist, Why Not Face Front?... by hopefulLandlord: 2:16pm On Apr 11, 2017
hahn:

It is obvious you do not read before commenting on this platform. Your ignorance is becoming a bore

Read @ emboldened again several times and hopefully you will understand where hopefullandlord is coming from and hopefully shut up and save the rest of us from your ignorance

Doctor smiley
I decided to ignore his last reply cuz I get dumber when I engage in long arguments with him and I'll wager viewers also get dumber reading his posts

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheist, Why Not Face Front?... by felixomor: 2:17pm On Apr 11, 2017
hahn:

Stupid rant upon stupid rant

Don't you have something reasonable to say even if it is just as a surprise? undecided
Duurrrhhhh
I just told u to go back to where u r coming from.
Thats the best type of advice for barrels like u
Re: Atheist, Why Not Face Front?... by hahn(m): 2:19pm On Apr 11, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

I decided to ignore his last reply cuz I get dumber when I engage in long arguments with him and I'll wager viewers also get dumber reading his posts

As in.....

Even seeing his moniker reduces one's IQ cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Atheist, Why Not Face Front?... by wirinet(m): 2:43pm On Apr 11, 2017
Ever8054:
the moment you realized we preaching and shoving are 2 different things the better for you...that's why you are preached to but not forced to believe...

Are you serious? You mean someone screaming with a load speaker from 5:00AM, waking me and my children everyday is only preaching and not shoving? Someone disturbing my eardrum, screaming at the top of his voice throughout my journey from Lagos to Abuja is preaching and not shoving? Please differentiate between what you understand by shoving and preaching.

You now need to explain to me how atheists have shoved atheism down you or anyone's throat, have any atheist knocked on your door telling you to become an atheist? Are you saying that when Christians like you attack atheists - both verbally and physically, they should not respond but simply turn the other cheek?

4 Likes

Re: Atheist, Why Not Face Front?... by Ever8054: 3:40pm On Apr 11, 2017
wirinet:

Are you serious? You mean someone screaming with a load speaker from 5:00AM, waking me and my children everyday is only preaching and not shoving? Someone disturbing my eardrum, screaming at the top of his voice throughout my journey from Lagos to Abuja is preaching and not shoving? Please differentiate between what you understand by shoving and preaching.

You now need to explain to me how atheists have shoved atheism down you or anyone's throat, have any atheist knocked on your door telling you to become an atheist? Are you saying that when Christians like you attack atheists - both verbally and physically, they should not respond but simply turn the other cheek?
definition..(shove) to push especially,roughly or forcefully.
..(preaching)..the act of delivering a sermon or similar moral instructions..

to your second question, there is no where in my post mentioned that atheist shoves there believe on anyone..I only advice them to stop disturbing themselves and others with questions about a God they believe do not exist.
Re: Atheist, Why Not Face Front?... by GoodMuyis(m): 5:23pm On Apr 11, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
yes it invalidates the OP because the author's ignorance stinks to the high imaginary heavens

big bang is never an atheist claim and the OP was created on the assumption that it was

Maybe you can tell here secretly what you believed
Re: Atheist, Why Not Face Front?... by GoodMuyis(m): 5:27pm On Apr 11, 2017
hahn:

As in.....

Even seeing his moniker reduces one's IQ cheesy
Verify Clam! IQ =-1
Oya na

Re: Atheist, Why Not Face Front?... by Ever8054: 6:29pm On Apr 11, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
That awkward moment when OP realises Big Bang was first proposed by a theist, Georges Lemaître, a Belgian physicist and Roman Catholic priest, and the Pope even wanted to make it part of the Christian doctrine as "proof of god"

go figure ignorant OP
who ever that proposed the theory of big bang or who ever that wanted to make it part of Christian doctrine does not implies its written in the Bible that we believe it's records. that's why it has been handed over to the atheist as there own doctrine cause you guys are so confused that you needed something to hold unto to keep them going.
so if you deny the big bang theory, what else do you have to explain existence?.. ha..
Re: Atheist, Why Not Face Front?... by hopefulLandlord: 6:41pm On Apr 11, 2017
Ever8054:
who ever that proposed the theory of big bang or who ever that wanted to make it part of Christian doctrine does not implies its written in the Bible that we believe it's records. that's why it has been handed over to the atheist as there own doctrine cause you guys are so confused that you needed something to hold unto to keep them going.
so if you deny the big bang theory, what else do you have to explain existence?.. ha..

Hahahahahahahahaha, this post reeks of so much ignorance its best if I ceded the discussion, you win!!!

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atheist, Why Not Face Front?... by urheme: 6:50pm On Apr 11, 2017
felixomor:

The fact that it was proposed by a theist still doesnt invalidate the point of the OP.

Atheists need to face their front.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Absolutely!!!!!.

1 Like

Re: Atheist, Why Not Face Front?... by urheme: 6:53pm On Apr 11, 2017
GoodMuyis:

Verify Clam! IQ =-1

Oya na

cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin
Re: Atheist, Why Not Face Front?... by hopefulLandlord: 6:54pm On Apr 11, 2017
GoodMuyis:

Maybe you can tell here secretly what you believed
what secretly
Re: Atheist, Why Not Face Front?... by sonofthunder: 7:14pm On Apr 11, 2017
GoodMuyis:

Verify Clam! IQ =-1
Oya na
Lol... wicked
Re: Atheist, Why Not Face Front?... by sonofthunder: 7:15pm On Apr 11, 2017
GoodMuyis:

Verify Clam! IQ =-1
Oya na
Lol... wicked
Re: Atheist, Why Not Face Front?... by wirinet(m): 9:20pm On Apr 11, 2017
Ever8054:
definition..(shove) to push especially,roughly or forcefully.
..(preaching)..the act of delivering a sermon or similar moral instructions..

to your second question, there is no where in my post mentioned that atheist shoves there believe on anyone..I only advice them to stop disturbing themselves and others with questions about a God they believe do not exist.

Atheists will stop disturbing themselves and others with questions about a God they believe does not exist when theists stop disturbing them and others about a God they believe does not exist.

1 Like

Re: Atheist, Why Not Face Front?... by wirinet(m): 9:32pm On Apr 11, 2017
Ever8054:
Your posts reeks of so much ignorance.
So you are implying that because, the Germ theory, the atomic theory, the Pythagoras theory, and all other scientific theories were not written in the Bible, they should be rejected by Christians and viewed as being handed over to atheists as their doctrines.

You have no idea of what the big bang theory is or what it helps to explain about the universe. The big bang theory never portend to explain existence, it only tries to explain the expanding universe.

1 Like

Re: Atheist, Why Not Face Front?... by Ever8054: 12:08am On Apr 12, 2017
wirinet:

Your posts reeks of so much ignorance.
So you are implying that because, the Germ theory, the atomic theory, the Pythagoras theory, and all other scientific theories were not written in the Bible, they should be rejected by Christians and viewed as being handed over to atheists as their doctrines.

You have no idea of what the big bang theory is or what it helps to explain about the universe. The big bang theory never portend to explain existence, it only tries to explain the expanding universe.
sir,yes I can conveniently tell you that,what ever it is that scientific theories has tried to explain do not explain anything to benefit me as a Christian.it might benefit you cause your faith depends on it while the bible has explained to me all I should hold unto for my own benefit..hope at this point you will understand why it is important for atheist to stop asking questions about God and face there scientific theories?..cause they seek answers that they don't need.
Re: Atheist, Why Not Face Front?... by wirinet(m): 10:20am On Apr 12, 2017
Ever8054:
sir,yes I can conveniently tell you that, what ever it is that scientific theories has tried to explain do not explain anything to benefit me as a Christian. shocked it might benefit you cause your faith depends on it while the bible has explained to me all I should hold unto for my own benefit..hope at this point you will understand why it is important for atheist to stop asking questions about God and face there scientific theories?..cause they seek answers that they don't need.

Are you for real, Scientific theories has not benefited you?

Are you saying the Germ Theory has not benefited you? So you still believe leprosy and other diseases are caused by evil spirits and demons and not germs?
You have not benefited from scientific theories but you are using a computer or smartphone to communicate here on Nairaland and not employ spirits and angels to pass your messages to others. The electricity you are using depends on Electron Theory.

As i said earlier, if you guys do not want atheists asking questions of your God, then stop disturbing them about your God.

3 Likes

Re: Atheist, Why Not Face Front?... by Ever8054: 10:52am On Apr 12, 2017
wirinet:

Are you for real, Scientific theories has not benefited you?

Are you saying the Germ Theory has not benefited you? So you still believe leprosy and other diseases are caused by evil spirits and demons and not germs?
You have not benefited from scientific theories but you are using a computer or smartphone to communicate here on Nairaland and not employ spirits and angels to pass your messages to others. The electricity you are using depends on Electron Theory.

As i said earlier, if you guys do not want atheists asking questions of your God, then stop disturbing them about your God.
sir,as a Christian,personally what I call beneficial to my life is that thing that will contribute to my spiritual growth and will draw me closer to my creator..and all you just mentioned cant offer me such.
..what matters to we Christians are things of the spirit and not things of the world.
the difference between we and you is that,.we believe in the fact that our existence is totally the work of a supernatural design while you guys has no base as to your existence.
you are existing because you exist.
now to make you understand things better,..science is the source of nature,that very nature you guys has not been able to ascertain its source.. or you do,'but for academic relevance has refused to agree with reality that God is the source of nature that is why God is the greatest scientist. that is if you insist to take it from science regards.
..I wonder how you guys feel comfortable to take away intelligence from creation not considering the logic that is so glaring even on you as a figure.
..just look at the design and functions of your body parts. e.g your mouth to eat food,intestine and others to digest the food, anus to excrete and make way for another food,and availability of the food.
eye to see your way..ears to hear,brain to reason,hands to fold perfectly to perform suitable functions,..the amazing of it all...male and female organs for reproductive purpose.. ha..consider those things then come back and tell me there is no intelligence behind this arrangements but....then tell me its by chance...
Re: Atheist, Why Not Face Front?... by CatfishBilly: 10:56am On Apr 12, 2017
Ever8054:
sir,as a Christian,personally what I call beneficial to my life is that thing that will contribute to my spiritual growth and will draw me closer to my creator..and all you just mentioned cant offer me such.
..what matters to we Christians are things of the spirit and not things of the world.
the difference between we and you is that,.we believe in the fact that our existence is totally the work of a supernatural design while you guys has no base as to your existence.
now to make you understand things better,..science is the source of nature,that very nature you guys has not been able to ascertain its source.. or you do,'but for academic relevance has refused to agree with reality that God is the source of nature that is why God is the greatest scientist. that is if you insist to take it from science regards.
..I wonder how you guys feel comfortable to take away intelligence from creation not considering the logic that is so glaring even on you as a figure.
..just look at the design and functions of your body parts. e.g your mouth to eat food,intestine and others to digest the food, anus to excrete and make way for another food,and availability of the food.
eye to see your way..ears to hear,brain to reason,hands to fold perfectly to perform suitable functions,..the amazing of it all...male and female organs for reproductive purpose.. ha..consider those things then come back and tell me there is no intelligence behind this arrangements but....then tell me its by chance...
I heard you calling my name grin
Now that you have entered intelligent design in your argument, kindly move over to this thread https://www.nairaland.com/3735154/arguments-against-intelligent-design and continue your debate there.
Re: Atheist, Why Not Face Front?... by Niflheim(m): 11:30am On Apr 12, 2017
@op,

Some of the errors you made in your first post, can easily be corrected by 6 year old kids in Sweden and Japan!!! These are your errors!!!

1."how an unintelligent big bang was able to form male and female with there respective reproductive organs?".........................................................The Big Bang has nothing to do with the formation of reproductive organs!!! Big Bang is under Cosmology(not cosmetology oohh!!), while formation of sexual organs is an entirely different field(under Biology)!!!

2."you don't believe in God but you won't face your big bang creator".................................................The Big Bang only addresses the "EXPANSION OF SPACE AND TIME", not the creation of the Universe!!!

3"why ask...questions about a God you don't believe exist?".....................................................Because you use your "belief" in this non existent comic book character to harm other people!!!(that little boy in Akwa Ibom who was sent to the evil forest to die)

4."you should likewise ignore him and face your almighty big bang"............................................Why should we face the Big Bang and worship it? We are not primitive idol worshipers like yourself who worship a public nuisance(jesus), who died on 2 pieces of chewing stick!!!

1 Like

Re: Atheist, Why Not Face Front?... by rawgurl(f): 11:52am On Apr 12, 2017
Op Atheism is more than just the knowledge that gods do not exist, and that religion is either a mistake or a fraud. Atheism is an attitude, a frame of mind that looks at the world objectively, fearlessly, always trying to understand all things as a part of nature.

An Atheist believes that a hospital should be built instead of a church. An Atheist believes that deed must be done instead of a prayer said. An Atheist strives for involvement in life and not escape into death. He wants disease conquered, poverty vanished, war eliminated

10 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Atheist, Why Not Face Front?... by eplanning: 11:54am On Apr 12, 2017
HURAH! A FLORIDA COURT SETS OFFICIAL ATHEIST HOLY DAY

In Florida , an atheist created a case against Easter and Passover Holy days. He hired an attorney to bring a discrimination case against Christians and Jews and observances of their holy days. The argument was that it was unfair that atheists had no such recognized days.

The case was brought before a judge. After listening to the passionate presentation by the lawyer, the judge banged his gavel declaring,
"Case dismissed!"

The lawyer immediately stood and objecting to the ruling saying,
"Your honor, How can you possibly dismiss this case? The Christians have Christmas, Easter and others.

The Jews have Passover, Yom Kippur and Hanukkah, yet my client and all other atheists have no such holidays..."

The judge leaned forward in his chair saying, "But you do. Your client, counselor, is woefully ignorant."
The lawyer said," Your Honor, we are unaware of any special observance or holiday for atheists."
The judge said, "The calendar says April 1st is April Fool’s Day.
Psalm 14:1 states, 'The fool says in his heart, there is no God.'

Thus, it is the opinion of this court, that, if your client says there is no God, then he is a fool. Therefore, April 1st is his day.

Court is adjourned..."

You gotta love a Judge that knows his scripture!
tongue tongue tongue tongue

grin grin grin grin
Re: Atheist, Why Not Face Front?... by wirinet(m): 12:48pm On Apr 12, 2017
Ever8054:
Are you implying electricity, internet, telephony, antibiotics, electronic reader and books and other inventions based on scientific knowledge does not contribute to your spiritual growth? Now answer this question, can you have spiritual growth if you fail to grow physically and mentally?

Since you christians claim things of this world do not matter to you, then why are you enjoying material things of this world like phones, TVs, Cars, etc, why not drink cyanide like followers of Jim Jones of Jonestown and join your God in to enjoy everlasting in spirit. I do not see why you still cling tenaciously to this world.

Please explain how the belief that your existence is the design of a supernatural being provides a basis and reason for your existence.

I love this your statement; I exist because i exist. This is similar to the verse; I am who I am, in the bible.

Science never claimed to be the source of nature, science on attempts to sturdy and explain nature.
If you say that your God is the source of nature, the onus falls on you to provide your evidence so that scientists can study and verify it.

The above is just senseless ramble. If you do not have mouth to eat food, intestine and other organs to digest food, your cells and body would not have the necessary energy to function and survive, so you can not exist in the first place. If you do not have an anus, how else would you excrete poisonous waste products of the food to take into your body? Same thing applies to all other organs of the body, if you do not have ears, eyes brains, hands, legs, etc, you will not exist.
Re: Atheist, Why Not Face Front?... by akintom(m): 1:13pm On Apr 12, 2017
eplanning:
HURAH! A FLORIDA COURT SETS OFFICIAL ATHEIST HOLY DAY

In Florida , an atheist created a case against Easter and Passover Holy days. He hired an attorney to bring a discrimination case against Christians and Jews and observances of their holy days. The argument was that it was unfair that atheists had no such recognized days.

The case was brought before a judge. After listening to the passionate presentation by the lawyer, the judge banged his gavel declaring,
"Case dismissed!"

The lawyer immediately stood and objecting to the ruling saying,
"Your honor, How can you possibly dismiss this case? The Christians have Christmas, Easter and others.

The Jews have Passover, Yom Kippur and Hanukkah, yet my client and all other atheists have no such holidays..."

The judge leaned forward in his chair saying, "But you do. Your client, counselor, is woefully ignorant."
The lawyer said," Your Honor, we are unaware of any special observance or holiday for atheists."
The judge said, "The calendar says April 1st is April Fool’s Day.
Psalm 14:1 states, 'The fool says in his heart, there is no God.'

Thus, it is the opinion of this court, that, if your client says there is no God, then he is a fool. Therefore, April 1st is his day.

Court is adjourned..."

You gotta love a Judge that knows his scripture!
tongue tongue tongue tongue

grin grin grin grin

Now, you simply confirmed the idiocy of God idea and all that's attributed to it.

In Christian' warped and fictional mind, wherein he thinks an atheist will seek the ridiculous rights, is the permanent abode of elements that defines foolishness.

1 Like

Re: Atheist, Why Not Face Front?... by Nobody: 2:39pm On Apr 12, 2017
@Op, You that don't understand the difference between 'there' and 'their', what can you understand?

3 Likes

Re: Atheist, Why Not Face Front?... by Ever8054: 3:39pm On Apr 12, 2017
wirinet:

Are you implying electricity, internet, telephony, antibiotics, electronic reader and books and other inventions based on scientific knowledge does not contribute to your spiritual growth? Now answer this question, can you have spiritual growth if you fail to grow physically and mentally?

Since you christians claim things of this world do not matter to you, then why are you enjoying material things of this world like phones, TVs, Cars, etc, why not drink cyanide like followers of Jim Jones of Jonestown and join your God in to enjoy everlasting in spirit. I do not see why you still cling tenaciously to this world.

Please explain how the belief that your existence is the design of a supernatural being provides a basis and reason for your existence.

I love this your statement; I exist because i exist. This is similar to the verse; I am who I am, in the bible.

Science never claimed to be the source of nature, science on attempts to sturdy and explain nature.
If you say that your God is the source of nature, the onus falls on you to provide your evidence so that scientists can study and verify it.

The above is just senseless ramble. If you do not have mouth to eat food, intestine and other organs to digest food, your cells and body would not have the necessary energy to function and survive, so you can not exist in the first place. If you do not have an anus, how else would you excrete poisonous waste products of the food to take into your body? Same thing applies to all other organs of the body, if you do not have ears, eyes brains, hands, legs, etc, you will not exist.
..oh..my..are you serious?..you just summarize how its impossible for you to exist without the body parts and there functions,that I already know..so can you please explain how you got to exist in such perfect characteristics outside intelligence arrangements by an intelligent been?..that's all I want..and make sure you don't refer me to any link..bring it here thank you..
Re: Atheist, Why Not Face Front?... by Ever8054: 3:48pm On Apr 12, 2017
akintom:

Now, you simply confirmed the idiocy of God idea and all that's attributed to it.

In Christian' warped and fictional mind, wherein he thinks an atheist will seek the ridiculous rights, is the permanent abode of elements that defines foolishness.
..seriously..if that judgment made no sense to you,I wonder if you can find sense in anything... anyway!. that's what makes you an atheist shaaaa...God gave you brain to use don't waste it pls..
Re: Atheist, Why Not Face Front?... by Ever8054: 3:50pm On Apr 12, 2017
lilbest4:
@Op, You that don't understand the difference between 'there' and 'their', what can you understand?
I can manage to understand one thing should I tell you..?
Re: Atheist, Why Not Face Front?... by Ever8054: 3:59pm On Apr 12, 2017
rawgurl:
Op Atheism is more than just the knowledge that gods do not exist, and that religion is either a mistake or a fraud. Atheism is an attitude, a frame of mind that looks at the world objectively, fearlessly, always trying to understand all things as a part of nature.

An Atheist believes that a hospital should be built instead of a church. An Atheist believes that deed must be done instead of a prayer said. An Atheist strives for involvement in life and not escape into death. He wants disease conquered, poverty vanished, war eliminated
And death conquered abi?...hospitals build,disease conquered..death what..pls..
Re: Atheist, Why Not Face Front?... by Ever8054: 4:05pm On Apr 12, 2017
Niflheim:
@op,

Some of the errors you made in your first post, can easily be corrected by 6 year old kids in Sweden and Japan!!! These are your errors!!!

1."how an unintelligent big bang was able to form male and female with there respective reproductive organs?".........................................................The Big Bang has nothing to do with the formation of reproductive organs!!! Big Bang is under Cosmology(not cosmetology oohh!!), while formation of sexual organs is an entirely different field(under Biology)!!!

2."you don't believe in God but you won't face your big bang creator".................................................The Big Bang only addresses the "EXPANSION OF SPACE AND TIME", not the creation of the Universe!!!

3"why ask...questions about a God you don't believe exist?".....................................................Because you use your "belief" in this non existent comic book character to harm other people!!!(that little boy in Akwa Ibom who was sent to the evil forest to die)

4."you should likewise ignore him and face your almighty big bang"............................................Why should we face the Big Bang and worship it? We are not primitive idol worshipers like yourself who worship a public nuisance(jesus), who died on 2 pieces of chewing stick!!!
OK...thank you I have seen the mistakes..., now can you pls explain with facts how and what brought about existence in oder of course and effect...I want a starting point of things
Re: Atheist, Why Not Face Front?... by Nobody: 4:10pm On Apr 12, 2017
Ever8054:
I can manage to understand one thing should I tell you..?
no

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dangerous Prayers Against Witchcraft Powers. / God And Natural Disaters / Old School Photo Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.