Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,305 members, 7,836,330 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

To The Theist - Detailed Concept Of God - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / To The Theist - Detailed Concept Of God (1735 Views)

AI (alien Intelligence) And The Question Of God - How Atheist & Theist Are Right / Ex-theists/atheists, How Did You View Atheists When You Were A Theist? / I Am No Longer A Theist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To The Theist - Detailed Concept Of God by luvmijeje(f): 11:04am On Apr 11, 2017
Are we running under a Christian or muslim Constitution?
Re: To The Theist - Detailed Concept Of God by luvmijeje(f): 11:06am On Apr 11, 2017
An2elect2:
Have you no faith! Have you got a heart full of hatred for God! Have you no rest. Have you no love for us who have believed!

May God help your helplessness and unbelief.
Don't mind them. They are worst than the Muslims. They are so intolerant.
Re: To The Theist - Detailed Concept Of God by Nobody: 11:06am On Apr 11, 2017
adepeter26:
Visit ya bible to quote its definition. I don't want the excuses such as; - "out of context" -"You need the Holy Spirit
Complete trust or confidence in someone or something.
Can you proof that God does not exist ?
You just say it by faith. You have no proof.
Re: To The Theist - Detailed Concept Of God by Nobody: 11:08am On Apr 11, 2017
Junia:

Complete trust or confidence in someone or something.

Can you proof that God does not exist ?

You just say it by faith. You have no proof.

The trash you posted have already been addressed in the Op.

I suggest you read the Op again, slow and steady

1 Like

Re: To The Theist - Detailed Concept Of God by Nobody: 11:11am On Apr 11, 2017
ftechclass:
Do not derail.
This piece is to shed light to some things and not to argue.
Cc lalasticlala
It has no proof.
Re: To The Theist - Detailed Concept Of God by Nobody: 11:15am On Apr 11, 2017
Junia:

It has no proof.
Where is ya brain abeg? E b like say to join Atheism don dae sweet you. Learn from Wilgrea7 pls

Proof on a simple topic like this?

Buhahahahahahaha
Re: To The Theist - Detailed Concept Of God by hopefulLandlord: 11:19am On Apr 11, 2017
luvmijeje:
Are we running under a Christian or muslim Constitution?

No! but they are inserting it gradually, you'll be delusional or extremely poor not to see how religion is influencing the constitution OR makes enforcement of laws impossible

age of consent is 18 but not only do we have underage sex; we have "marriages" (marriage means you can have sex anytime with the girl) to people below that age happening, that's just one example; we don't have age of marriage cuz muslisms are against such a law, so Nigerians just marry 12 year olds and have sex with them

The Child Rights Act, which was passed in 2003, sets the age of marriage at 18 years-old . However, only 23 of Nigeria's 36 states have adopted this act

there are laws against noise pollution by speakers but if you go and report a church or mosque who violates that law, nothing would be done BECAUSE the person you're reporting to most likely attends a church or mosque that's guilty of the same misdemeanor

those are just 2 off the top of my head

1 Like

Re: To The Theist - Detailed Concept Of God by Nobody: 11:20am On Apr 11, 2017
adepeter26:

Where is ya brain abeg? E b like say to join Atheism don dae sweet you. Learn from Wilgrea7 pls

Proof on a simple topic like this?

Buhahahahahahaha
You are just running from my question.

Proof to me God does not exist thats all
Re: To The Theist - Detailed Concept Of God by Nobody: 11:24am On Apr 11, 2017
Junia:

You are just running from my question.

Proof to me God does not exist thats all
I use to think you were close to been smart until you asked me to proof a negative, then I realized sense is very far from you.

Anyways, this image is for you

1 Like

Re: To The Theist - Detailed Concept Of God by Nobody: 11:28am On Apr 11, 2017
adepeter26:

I use to think you were close to been smart until you asked me to proof a negative, then I realized sense is very far from you.

You just dodged a bullet.
It is not a negative.
You just can't proof it.

You claim there is no God

Do you have any proof ?

If you dont, just keep quiet

1 Like

Re: To The Theist - Detailed Concept Of God by luvmijeje(f): 11:29am On Apr 11, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

No! but they are inserting it gradually, you'll be delusional or extremely poor not to see how religion is influencing the constitution OR makes enforcement of laws impossible

age of consent is 18 but not only do we have underage sex; we have "marriages" (marriage means you can have sex anytime with the girl) to people below that age happening, that's just one example; we don't have age of marriage cuz it would be against Islam, so Muslims just marry 12 year olds and have sex with them

there are laws against noise pollution by speakers but if you go and report a church or mosque who violates that law, nothing would be done BECAUSE the person you're reporting to most likely attends a church or mosque that's guilty of the same misdemeanor

That's why as an Atheist, elect people that will promote your interest. That's politics. That's what happened in every country. People vote based on their interest.

You don't have the right as an Atheist to tell me not to vote based on who will protect my interest. Your right stop where mine begin.
Re: To The Theist - Detailed Concept Of God by Nobody: 11:30am On Apr 11, 2017
Junia:

You just dodged a bullet.
It is not a negative.
You just can't proof it.

You claim there is no God

Do you have any proof ?

If you dont, just keep quiet
Mr man, you claim god exist, the burden of proof is on the person Makin the claim.

Hopefullandlord, I don tire with this Guy oo

If I claim Nigeria is in Europe and you disagree, it's my burden to proof "YES, NIGERIA is in Europe and not you opposing the claim"..

1 Like

Re: To The Theist - Detailed Concept Of God by Nobody: 11:34am On Apr 11, 2017
@Junia
you are already failing in simple tenets of argument. You cannot make a proposition and ask someone who doubts your proposition to prove the negate.

the onus is on your who asserts the existence of a God to prove this not the person who doubts it.

now to demonstrate, there is a red cup on the table {image attached} now prove there isn't
www.nairaland.com/attachments/5075015_unknown_jpeg9f5501ebe363d2151399872ff93ebe3a

1 Like

Re: To The Theist - Detailed Concept Of God by Nobody: 11:35am On Apr 11, 2017
adepeter26:

Mr man, you claim god exist, the burden of proof is on the person Makin the claim.

If I claim Nigeria is in Europe and you disagree, it's my burden to proof "YES, NIGERIA is in Europe and not you opposing the claim"..
The burden is on both parties to proof their claim.
You are just running again.

My point is simple ... I accept God by faith and you reject Him by faith.
Re: To The Theist - Detailed Concept Of God by Nobody: 11:38am On Apr 11, 2017
Junia:

Ohhh lord jesus...

How is the burden of proof on both parties? You attend school at all cos even Felix can't argue the way you're arguing.

Am out

1 Like

Re: To The Theist - Detailed Concept Of God by Nobody: 11:40am On Apr 11, 2017
Junia:

You are still using this faith....?
Define faith both biblically and literarily
Re: To The Theist - Detailed Concept Of God by Nobody: 11:40am On Apr 11, 2017
adepeter26:
@Junia

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5075015_unknown_jpeg9f5501ebe363d2151399872ff93ebe3a

I only said atheism is also by faith.

I didn't bring any point that God exist.

He is the one who said God does not exist.

And i want him to proof that claim

With that pic, i il say i cant see any red cup.
Re: To The Theist - Detailed Concept Of God by Nobody: 11:41am On Apr 11, 2017
adepeter26:
You are still using this faith....? Define faith both biblically and literarily
Faith is just believing something with no or little evidence.
Re: To The Theist - Detailed Concept Of God by hopefulLandlord: 11:43am On Apr 11, 2017
luvmijeje:

That's why as an Atheist, elect people that will promote your interest. That's politics. That's what happened in every country. People vote based on their interest.

You don't have the right as an Atheist to tell me not to vote based on who will protect my interest. Your right stop where mine begin.

exactly the problem grin

I'm not talking atheism here

you'll vote for people that will promote your interest, Muslim does the same; don't you see a problem here? Saudi Arabia in the making

BTW no one is telling you not to vote as you damn please, don't pull red herrings here

we are talking "inserting" your belief into it cuz logic states you need to prove you're worshipping the correct god, you're worshipping that god in the correct way without being biased

what we have however is that a Muslim and a Christian cannot agree on this and a the reason is simple, they both have "faith" they're right and the other is wrong, that leads nowhere I'm afraid

but on the flip side, if we assume both can be wrong and any of them can be right, we try to look at things in a pragmatic way (not atheism)

we would study the effect of religious noise pollution on the population eg sleep deprivation, environmental issues that lead to even more severe problems; study effect of underage marriage and "pedophilia" (I put it in quotes cuz having sex with a 12 year old is not pedophila in certain states); then a solution can be reached devoid of bias and doctrine but there's no logical way of ascertaining the validity or falsifiability of claims about "my God told me this is the right way"

as for me however, I would not automatically try to vote for an atheist just because he's one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To The Theist - Detailed Concept Of God by Nobody: 11:44am On Apr 11, 2017
adepeter26:

Ohhh lord jesus...

How is the burden of proof on both parties? You attend school at all cos even Felix can't argue the way you're arguing.

Am out

Use your brain man.

Both parties need evidence to back their claims.

Use your brain.
Re: To The Theist - Detailed Concept Of God by Nobody: 11:46am On Apr 11, 2017
Junia:

I only said atheism is also by faith.

The question should be what is Atheism and what's faith.
What's the difference between faith and empirical evidence?
Mr man, I don tire with you. You are even abusing the use of faith currently and seem not to know the difference between evidence and faith

I didn't bring any point that God exist.

You did by insinuating I proof a negative.

With that pic, i il say i cant see any red cup.
Going by your logic as well, I can't see any god.
Re: To The Theist - Detailed Concept Of God by hopefulLandlord: 11:48am On Apr 11, 2017
adepeter26:

@ Junia

I’ve never heard an atheist scream that God doesn’t exist. I have heard people scream — literally scream — that He does. I’ll make a deal, atheists will all stop saying God doesn’t exist and theists will stop saying He does exit. Deal?
Re: To The Theist - Detailed Concept Of God by Nobody: 11:50am On Apr 11, 2017
adepeter26:

The question should be what is Atheism and what's faith.
What's the difference between faith and empirical evidence?
Mr man, I don tire with you. You are even abusing the use of faith currently and seem not to know the difference between evidence and faith

You did by insinuating I proof a negative.

Going by your logic as well, I can't see any god.

Good. You can't see any God so God doesnt exist.
I can't see any God but i say God exists.

We've all made our points with no real evidence.
So we have to proof our points.

Now, i can say i don't see you your brain so you have none.
Re: To The Theist - Detailed Concept Of God by hopefulLandlord: 11:53am On Apr 11, 2017
Junia:

burden of proof is on the maker

if I tell you I have a fire breathing dragon in my garage, your saying I don't have it doesn't mean you're claiming I don't, you're just saying you need evidence
you may pretend to believe I have the dragon out of (perhaps) respect but you'll still think my claim is stupid till I bring out the dragon
Re: To The Theist - Detailed Concept Of God by Nobody: 11:53am On Apr 11, 2017
Junia:

Faith is just believing something with no or little evidence.

So why have you been arguing over nothing since?

And you told you science don't have evidence for everything they claim?

What evidence does Christianity have to offer sef?? Nothing. Just swallow what ever they tell you

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: To The Theist - Detailed Concept Of God by Nobody: 11:54am On Apr 11, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

@ Junia

I’ve never heard an atheist scream that God doesn’t exist. I have heard people scream — literally scream — that He does. I’ll make a deal, atheists will all stop saying God doesn’t exist and theists will stop saying He does exit. Deal?
Nairaland atheists always say God doesnt exist.
Don't pretend not to know it.
That is all atheism is about. There is no God.

You can't stop them from saying it. Thats what they delight in.
Re: To The Theist - Detailed Concept Of God by hopefulLandlord: 11:55am On Apr 11, 2017
Junia:
Nairaland atheists always say God doesnt exist. Don't pretend not to know it. That is all atheism is about. There is no God.
You can't stop them from saying it. Thats what they delight in.
so we stop saying it and you also stop saying he exists, deal?
Re: To The Theist - Detailed Concept Of God by chukxie(m): 11:58am On Apr 11, 2017
ifenes:

I realised a different perception to life from the one taught in the church. Firstly, I am a "Being" which is in continuous tense and there means I am "Eternal". I have discovered that God is my true identity, I am a part of the Infinit creation and this creation which is " within" me cannot be complete without me. The power to achieve everything is within me and so is in everyone.

When I feel stuck in a situation and feel helpless, it is a sign my belief is the stumbling block. All I need to do is to change that belief. How could that be possible ? I will explain. My problems are my creation,whether conscious or unconsciously created. I must have gotten a belief from somewhere, or developed one that says without money I cannot achieve a certain goal. That is a belief on its own. I need to change that in order to achieve my goal without money.

I will explain further: Physical reality is solidified Energy, or let's use the term " Matter". Energy moves from the state of Steam =water= Matter. Matter desolves when exposed to a higher frequency. Our emotions( Energy-in-motion) determine wherether we change or not. If you feel sorry for yourself or suffer from depression because of problems, you are not helping,because they are negative emotions that solidifies your problems. Positive Emotions helps you turn your "Matter"/ problems into malleable forms( liquid for of Energy) and then you see that you can actually solve this problem!

Now what you think you can't acheive becomes achievable because you are now in alignment with your true nature "Pure Energy" which you are. And at this state Matter is an illusion you can change how you wish. This is what Jesus was said to have taught his friends " you can move mountains" mountains symbolises " Matter"

I now understand that for me to change the world, I must change my mindset, because I am not in the world, but rather, the world is in me. I am the world I experience.

Well said. All you have said is in line with practical Christianity - I don't mean the type of Christianity that is dogged by dogmas; and shrouded in absurdities. Good luck to you on the path you've chosen.

1 Like

Re: To The Theist - Detailed Concept Of God by Nobody: 12:02pm On Apr 11, 2017
adepeter26:

So why have you been arguing over nothing since?

And you told you science don't have evidence for everything they claim?

What evidence does Christianity have to offer sef?? Nothing. Just swallow what ever they tell you

Does science say there is no God? If yes, bring me the evidence.

Can science proof that there are no unicorns ?
Re: To The Theist - Detailed Concept Of God by Nobody: 12:03pm On Apr 11, 2017
Junia:

Point out a thread or comment where I outrightly made a claim god doesn't exist? Please

You can't see but say he exist? Kaiiiii.... Omo, yà level of intelligence get no bound oo

How many times we go settle this matter abeg? Ehh àbí you no just want agree
Ohhh lard another vicious cycle again

But you have seen evidences of brain? If you haven't seen a Brain, I ve.
You god is omni-present, there should be simple evidence of him everywhere
Re: To The Theist - Detailed Concept Of God by Nobody: 12:04pm On Apr 11, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

so we stop saying it and you also stop saying he exists, deal?
I wish it is possible but it is not. You people will rush into religious threads and do what you can do best.

If you stop, many of you will quit nairaland because that is what is keeping most of you here

1 Like

Re: To The Theist - Detailed Concept Of God by Nobody: 12:06pm On Apr 11, 2017
adepeter26:

Point out a thread or comment where I outrightly made a claim god doesn't exist? Please

You can't see but say he exist? Kaiiiii.... Omo, yà level of intelligence get no bound oo

How many times we go settle this matter abeg? Ehh àbí you no just want agree

Ohhh lard another vicious cycle again

But you have seen evidences of brain? If you haven't seen a Brain, I ve.
You god is omni-present, there should be simple evidence of him everywhere

I accept Him by faith
You reject Him by faith
Thats it. You dont wantu accept this fact.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Wife Of Death Seduced By Eji-oko / Rccg House Fellowship Manual, Sunday 30th April,2017 / "I Am On Putin's Hit List" -ukraine- Based Pastor, Sunday Adelaje Cries Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.