Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,038 members, 7,821,576 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

Why marriages are failing and solutions - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why marriages are failing and solutions (22490 Views)

What I Learnt From A Wedding Anniversary That Could Help Save Marriages Today / Most Marriages Illegal, As Only 314 Worship Centres Have Licence To Conduct Wedd / “why Marriages Are Failing And The Solutions” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why marriages are failing and solutions by Maxvasia(m): 2:55pm On Sep 02, 2017
You did not add the single most important cause: R.E.L.I.G.I.O.N
Re: Why marriages are failing and solutions by happney65: 2:56pm On Sep 02, 2017
dangotesmummy:
*yawns*

They gave divorced couples all this list and more,went for pre wedding counselling class,went for marriage seminars etc abi bimbo odukoyas daughter no hear enough marriage sermons wey she divorce her husband because of dv

A whole daughter of a marriage counsellor mother and preacher father

Is Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun divorced?When?or na another of her daughters?
Re: Why marriages are failing and solutions by Marcus01: 2:58pm On Sep 02, 2017
IamEmem:

Bro, chimamanda is not married, never heard she is or got married. I stand with you, rather than gender equality or women empowerment, pride, misunderstanding and infidelity could be the cause of high rate of divorce. Only weak men go against these concepts. Everyone need to approach marriage with the mindset of giving his/her best to make it work, it is a lifetime journey. God help our generation.
she's married. Amen
Re: Why marriages are failing and solutions by happney65: 3:00pm On Sep 02, 2017
IamEmem:

Bro, chimamanda is not married, never heard she is or got married. I stand with you, rather than gender equality or women empowerment, pride, misunderstanding and infidelity could be the cause of high rate of divorce. Only weak men go against these concepts. Everyone need to approach marriage with the mindset of giving his/her best to make it work, it is a lifetime journey. God help our generation.

Chimamanda is married..Her husband's name is Ivara Esege.
Re: Why marriages are failing and solutions by Pearllait(f): 3:11pm On Sep 02, 2017
lightblazingnow:
When your eyes are opened, you will realise that life is more than meets the eyes

PROFOUND TRUTH....
I REALIZED THAT PEOPLE ACT DIFFERENTLY WHEN YOU "LIVE" WITH THEM. THEY GIVE YOU A WRONG IMPRESSION WHEN YOU ARE YET TO.....LIVE WITH THEM, THEN UL SEE THEIR TRUE COLORS

EXACTLY...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why marriages are failing and solutions by lightblazingnow(m): 3:21pm On Sep 02, 2017
Pearllait:

PROFOUND TRUTH....
I REALIZED THAT PEOPLE ACT DIFFERENTLY WHEN YOU "LIVE" WITH THEM. THEY GIVE YOU A WRONG IMPRESSION WHEN YOU ARE YET TO.....LIVE WITH THEM, THEN UL SEE THEIR TRUE COLORS

Share your experiences with us, love to learn
Re: Why marriages are failing and solutions by Pearllait(f): 3:24pm On Sep 02, 2017
Marcus01:
it's a two way thing bro. A submissive man will get a submissive woman. Check Obama well too. He puts his wife first. Have you seen the way he treat his wife? Go figure too. Not all these useless men we have everywhere

strongly agree with this
You want a submissive wife yet you are not working towards getting one.
Re: Why marriages are failing and solutions by Chlorin: 3:30pm On Sep 02, 2017
Awesome! Thumbs up
Re: Why marriages are failing and solutions by braine(m): 3:31pm On Sep 02, 2017
Marcus01:
lol mumu. No be only subordinate. Like you can stand beside Michelle Obama and look her in the eyes. See this poor church rat claiming head.

You son of a poor church rat obviously don't have sense, so your talk is irrelevant in this matter.
Re: Why marriages are failing and solutions by Marcus01: 3:43pm On Sep 02, 2017
braine:

You son of a poor church rat obviously don't have sense, so your talk is irrelevant in this matter.
Head cry . You better work hard so you'll be able to go to your village to marry a submissive woman cheesy..

1 Like

Re: Why marriages are failing and solutions by dangotesmummy: 3:52pm On Sep 02, 2017
happney65:

Is Tolu Odukoya-Ijogun divorced?When?or na another of her daughters?
sinceeee na.her divorce scandal trended on nl and many social media platforms na

I'm not celebrating her divorce or happy that she divorced but my point is there's no particular rule to marriage. Its either it works or it doesn't work.if you're lucky with marriage, fine,if not all well and good

Ishh
Re: Why marriages are failing and solutions by Greatzeus(m): 3:54pm On Sep 02, 2017
Op,what of pressing toothpaste from the middle,instead of the bottom grin
Re: Why marriages are failing and solutions by orisa37: 4:10pm On Sep 02, 2017
Marriages fail due to intolerance and carelessness.
Re: Why marriages are failing and solutions by braine(m): 4:15pm On Sep 02, 2017
Marcus01:
Head cry . You better work hard so you'll be able to go to your village to marry a submissive woman cheesy..

I'm sure you were taught how to have manners at home, but you refused to learn.

1 Like

Re: Why marriages are failing and solutions by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:21pm On Sep 02, 2017
Marriages tail because of lack of communication.

You need to be able to have and enjoy long conversations with your spouse.

My wife and I have been married for over 12 years now and one thing I can tell you that makes our marriage a success is communication.

We communicate. A lot.

We talk. A lot.

We discuss about everyting from our days to our kids’ future, from the weather to religion, from sports to politics, from business to friendships.

Any topic you name it, we sure have discussed it at least once.

Everything.

Sometimes we just laugh because we talk so much that we sacrifice our nights of sleep.

Partners nowadays have less and less time for each other because life is hectic. But you need to make sure you have enough time to have meaningful conversations with him or her and that you keep it up daily.

If you follow this advice, then you will increase the chances of the success of your marriage or partnership.

Just keep talking. smiley

The above is someone's else comment on quora and from it hes not bored in his marriage.

5 Likes

Re: Why marriages are failing and solutions by Marcus01: 4:22pm On Sep 02, 2017
braine:

I'm sure you were taught how to have manners at home, but you refused to learn.
for real, you need to get married to a submissive woman on time. Before you give yourself hypertension and die. She's going to giv you the manners and submission you're looking for. Idiot.
Re: Why marriages are failing and solutions by Marcus01: 4:23pm On Sep 02, 2017
tensazangetsu20:
Marriages tail because of lack of communication.

You need to be able to have and enjoy long conversations with your spouse.

My wife and I have been married for over 12 years now and one thing I can tell you that makes our marriage a success is communication.

We communicate. A lot.

We talk. A lot.

We discuss about everyting from our days to our kids’ future, from the weather to religion, from sports to politics, from business to friendships.

Any topic you name it, we sure have discussed it at least once.

Everything.

Sometimes we just laugh because we talk so much that we sacrifice our nights of sleep.

Partners nowadays have less and less time for each other because life is hectic. But you need to make sure you have enough time to have meaningful conversations with him or her and that you keep it up daily.

If you follow this advice, then you will increase the chances of the success of your marriage or partnership.

Just keep talking. smiley

The above is someone's else comment on quora and from it hes not bored in his marriage.
Braine, come and learn oh. You need to communicate with your partner. Partner is the keyword. Not slave. Be looking for submission.
Re: Why marriages are failing and solutions by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:25pm On Sep 02, 2017
Marcus01:
Braine, come and learn oh. You need to communicate with your partner. Partner is the keyword. Not slave. Be looking for submission.
Many people don't know that one of the major reasons a man cheats is boredom. Me I have made up my mind that if I can't find the kind of woman I know I can communicate with and she's interesting I will just have kids. Beauty will fade and sex will reduce but what will remain is communication. Many women need to learn how to communicate.
Re: Why marriages are failing and solutions by happney65: 4:26pm On Sep 02, 2017
[quote author=dangotesmummy post=60066845] sinceeee na.her divorce scandal trended on nl and many social media platforms na

I'm not celebrating her divorce or happy that she divorced but my point is there's no particular rule to marriage. Its either it works or it doesn't work.if you're lucky with marriage, fine,if not all well and good

Ishh

Are you sure?I doubt it..I have searched all through havent seen evidence of her divorce..Can you please give me a link?last time i checked she is still married.Maybe you referring to someone else and mixing things up
Re: Why marriages are failing and solutions by Marcus01: 4:28pm On Sep 02, 2017
tensazangetsu20:

Many people don't know that one of the major reasons a man cheats is boredom. Me I have made up my mind that if I can't find the kind of woman I know I can communicate with and she's interesting I will just have kids. Beauty will fade and sex will reduce but what will remain is communication. Many women need to learn how to communicate.
a man cheats cus he wants to cheat. There's no excuse for that. If he's tired, he cn divorce her. Communication is very important. Very very. You need to talk about everything. May God help us

2 Likes

Re: Why marriages are failing and solutions by dangotesmummy: 4:30pm On Sep 02, 2017
[quote author=happney65 post=60067783][/quote] it's one of bimbo's daughters who was complain of the husband always abusing her and how she was ashamed to speak up for a long time till she got to the limit of her endurance.when I see it on nl I'll show you
Re: Why marriages are failing and solutions by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:31pm On Sep 02, 2017
Marcus01:
a man cheats cus he wants to cheat. There's no excuse for that. If he's tired, he cn divorce her. Communication is very important. Very very. You need to talk about everything. May God help us

But many women don't know how important communication is. So many women can't even keep a Conversation and they expect their relationships to work like seriously.
Re: Why marriages are failing and solutions by Marcus01: 4:33pm On Sep 02, 2017
tensazangetsu20:

But many women don't know how important communication is. So many women can't even keep a Conversation and they expect their relationships to work like seriously.
most women focus on their kids only once kids start coming. And it's not a good thing. Boredom is a bad thing. Once someone else other than your partner starts making you laugh, then there is fire on the mountain
Re: Why marriages are failing and solutions by TinaAnita(f): 4:40pm On Sep 02, 2017
chukzyfcbb:
coz times have changed.
In the past, The roles of a husband and wife was clear.
The man brings home the food, protects and provides the needs of the family while
The woman cooks the food, nurses the kids, takes care of the home. it was that simple, both parties were clear on their roles.

But Now the roles have changed.

Men now want women to contribute to the needs of the family, while women feel since they are earning money and can take care of themselves and their kids, they don't need a man bossing them around in the family.

So because both the man and woman don't know what it is to be a wife and husband in now citing these new roles, it leads to divorcé.

#Myles Munroe #Manhood

That's just the fundamental reason for the high rate of divorce. Take for instance, how is it possible for a marriage where the woman is the breadwinner to work? How can a marriage work if the woman earns more than the man? Such a woman can't be submissive to a reasonable extent.
Let's keep deceiving ourselves.
Re: Why marriages are failing and solutions by braine(m): 4:43pm On Sep 02, 2017
Marcus01:
for real, you need to get married to a submissive woman on time. Before you give yourself hypertension and die. She's going to giv you the manners and submission you're looking for. Idiot.

Why you come carry this matter for head like gala? No so the thing pain you reach?
Re: Why marriages are failing and solutions by chukzyfcbb: 4:44pm On Sep 02, 2017
tensazangetsu20:

Boredom is not a major reason people cheat. You cheat because you can't control your desire. You van marry an Introvert, What you term fun may not be appealing to your Introverted partner eg going out often or Visiting places. To an introvert, that's exhausting but you could term your partner boring.

You cheat because you have given in to the desire/fantasy you have created in your head, period!!!

1 Like

Re: Why marriages are failing and solutions by braine(m): 4:45pm On Sep 02, 2017
Marcus01:

Oga, free me Na. cry
Re: Why marriages are failing and solutions by chukzyfcbb: 4:50pm On Sep 02, 2017
TinaAnita:

That's just the fundamental reason for the high rate of divorce. Take for instance, how is it possible for a marriage where the woman is the breadwinner to work? How can a marriage work if the woman earns more than the man? Such a woman can't be submissive to a reasonable extent.
Let's keep deceiving ourselves.
Well I have no problem with a woman earning more than a man, I mean who says the wife I marry now cannot be richer than I am after few years in the marriage.

The crux of the matter is, Am I the one handling the financial obligations in the house?

Myles Munroe would say A woman should Never be under Pressure to contribute! If a man keeps pushing his wife to bring out money simply because he knows she earns more than her, he is setting his marriage for doom because soon she will see him less of a man!

No matter how much a man earns, he should be the one handling the financial aspect, except the wife decides to share the burden OUT OF HER FREE-WILL/LOVE

Otherwise its wrong to coerce a wife to contribute!!!

2 Likes

Re: Why marriages are failing and solutions by Marcus01: 4:50pm On Sep 02, 2017
braine:

Why you come carry this matter for head like gala? No so the thing pain you reach?
lol I'm just educating you. Women are not inferior. We are all equal. And don't ask for what you can't give. Marriage is give and take. Treat your spouse the same way you'd love to be treated
Re: Why marriages are failing and solutions by braine(m): 5:07pm On Sep 02, 2017
Marcus01:
lol I'm just educating you. Women are not inferior. We are all equal. And don't ask for what you can't give. Marriage is give and take. Treat your spouse the same way you'd love to be treated

If you had taken the time to think about my initial post about women being subordinates to their heads according to the Bible, you would have seen that I never meant that in a derogatory way. Not all subordinates are treated with disrespect. You only read to reply/fire instead of understanding.
Re: Why marriages are failing and solutions by Marcus01: 5:09pm On Sep 02, 2017
braine:

If you had thought about my initial post about women being subordinates to their heads according to the Bible, you would have seen that I never meant that in a derogatory way. Not all subordinates are treated with disrespect. You only read to reply/fire instead of understanding.
there is no subordinate anywhere bro. We are all the same. Cus I'm sure it wouldn't sound good if I should call guys subordinate too. We all need ourselves. A married man and woman are partners. Equal ♒
Re: Why marriages are failing and solutions by happney65: 5:17pm On Sep 02, 2017
dangotesmummy:
it's one of bimbo's daughters who was complain of the husband always abusing her and how she was ashamed to speak up for a long time till she got to the limit of her endurance.when I see it on nl I'll show you

Okay .Maybe not tolu sha..I wish to know the one you are really reffering to

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Wife Takes More Instructions From My Mom Than Me / Woman Gives Birth To Quadruplets After Barreneness (PICS, VIDEO) / Messy Divorce: Policemen Are Feeding Fat On A Couple's Divorce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.