Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,421 members, 7,843,280 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 09:57 PM

Who Is The Greatest Man Ever Lived - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is The Greatest Man Ever Lived (17184 Views)

Poll: Who Is The Greatest Man Ever Lived?

Jesus Christ: 51% (29 votes)
Mohammad: 39% (22 votes)
Paul: 0% (0 votes)
Isaac Newton: 3% (2 votes)
Leonard da Vinci: 5% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

The Most Influential Man Ever On Earth / Calabar Pastor’s Family Lived With Python For 10 Years / You're Not A Tested Christian Until You Have Lived In The North - Pastor Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is The Greatest Man Ever Lived by theseeker2: 9:28am On Jan 21, 2010
jesus was busy running around and hiding in a garden. Why was he get cold feet about a mission that was already agreed upon from the begiining of time? Was he scared to die for our sins after the deal has been sealed? He even went all the way to tell his disciples to buy swords and keep watch of him. DoEs that look like a guy that wanted to die?
Its like the case of a soldier that was shot in the back while running away from the battelfeild. Can we consider such a Matyr or a Coward?. The acts of jesus in the bible is that of the GREATEST COWARD THAT EVER LIVED.
Re: Who Is The Greatest Man Ever Lived by Nobody: 10:47am On Jan 21, 2010
Accepted.But did he die or not? He said in matt26:53 THINKEST THOUS THAT I CANNOT PRAY D FATHER TO SEND LEGIONS OF ANGELS? BUT FOR D SCRIPTURES TO BE FULFILLED. so for d fact that he died alone is enough.If he wanted he would av invited angels to kill those that came to arrest him,like d prophets who defended themselves,but no.He submitted willingly to death.Even our noble prophet (saw) fought&killed pple who tried to attack him.Jesus didnt,hes d greatest
Re: Who Is The Greatest Man Ever Lived by Nobody: 11:14am On Jan 21, 2010
Abu Zola:

Hahaha, atleast i refuted you in luke 22 that jesus didn't want to die like you claim above.  Check matthew 14:23 to show you that jesus is not God but a servant of God. Go
U re sick in d head.How does matt14:23 show that jesus isnt God? 23: AFTER HE HAD LEFT D MULTITUDE, HE WENT UP TO D MOUNTAIN TO PRAY. Where did u see servant of God or becos he went to pray means hes a servant? U re a proper MUMU. U want me to start posting atrocities of mohammad&islam from india to medina abi?
Re: Who Is The Greatest Man Ever Lived by theseeker2: 1:59pm On Jan 21, 2010
toba:

U re sick in d head.How does matt14:23 show that jesus isnt God? 23: AFTER HE HAD LEFT D MULTITUDE, HE WENT UP TO D MOUNTAIN TO PRAY. Where did u see servant of God or becos he went to pray means hes a servant? [/b]U re a proper MUMU. U want me to start posting atrocities of mohammad&islam from india to medina abi?

Here is where it says he is servant of God

Act 3:26
'To you first, God, having raised up His [b]servant jesus,
sent him to bless you, in turning away anyone from your iniquities'
NKJV

you know i have told you several times that you dont know your bible. Now lets see the lies you will use to escape this one.
Re: Who Is The Greatest Man Ever Lived by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jan 21, 2010
the_seeker:

Here is where it says he is servant of God

Act 3:26
'To you first, God, having raised up His servant jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away anyone from your iniquities'
NKJV

you know i have told you several times that you dont know your bible. Now lets see the lies you will use to escape this one.

Haaaaahaaa
I taught Abu was the only sick muslim, here comes another fellow who is sick, blind and cannot read simple in Enlish.
Acts 3:26 To you first, God, having raised up His son jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away anyone from your iniquities

Where did the bible mention servant in Acts 3?

U dnt even know the quran now u want to teach me the bible that i move with daily.HAAAAAAAAhaaaa Islamic myth of 72 virgins is really affecting these moslems
Re: Who Is The Greatest Man Ever Lived by ammatullah(f): 2:25pm On Jan 21, 2010
Kings james version

Acts 3:26 To you first, God, having raised up His son jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away anyone from your iniquities

New King James Version (NKJV) ,
Acts 3:26 To you first, God, having raised up His Servant Jesus, sent Him to bless you, in turning away every one [of you] from your iniquities."

New Living Translation (NLT), New International Version (NIV) e.t.c

Acts 3:26 When God raised up his servant, he sent him first to you people of Israel, to bless you by turning each of you back from your sinful ways."

now it depends on which bible you are reading.
Re: Who Is The Greatest Man Ever Lived by ammatullah(f): 2:29pm On Jan 21, 2010
and then they call the bible the word of God, and now in God's eyes servant=son?
Re: Who Is The Greatest Man Ever Lived by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jan 21, 2010
ammatullah:

and then they call the bible the word of God, and now in God's eyes servant=son?

What do u call the Quran? with these on How many days it took God to create Heavens and Earth

Quran 7: 54 Your gurdian-Lord is Allah who created the heavens and earth in Six Days

Quran 10: 3 Verily your Lord is Allah, who created the heavens and earth in Six Days

Quran 11:7 He it is Who created the heavens and earth in Six Days

Quran-25:29: He Who created the heavens and earth and all that is between, in Six Days

The above verses clearly state that God created the heaven and Allah created the heaven and the Earth in 6 days. But the verses below stated contrary things

Quran 41: 9 Is it that ye deny Him who created the earth in Two Days ?

Quran 41: 10 He set on the (earth) Mountains standing firm high above it, and bestowed blessing on the earth, and measured therein all things to
give them nourishment in due proportion, in FOUR DAYS…

Quran 41: 12 So He completed them (heavens) as seven firmaments in Two days and …
Re: Who Is The Greatest Man Ever Lived by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jan 21, 2010
U moslems dnt let us digress, cus it would not be too good for u pple. Stick to the topic.But if u want us to digress im very very ready to post my findings here openly
Re: Who Is The Greatest Man Ever Lived by ammatullah(f): 3:01pm On Jan 21, 2010
@ toba -

u're defenseless at this point because the fact is that on this verse alone different bibles indicates totally different meanings which would be called the word of God by xtians but we muslims believe that God is perfect and mistakes are for lesser beings and cannot be associated with God.

so either way, one of these verses is possibly true but it is apparent from your outburst the version you vote for.

Quran is the word of Allah, the recorded word or action of prophet muhammad (SAW) is what we call hadith. Hadiths are usually authenticated by scholars, there are strong and weak hadith.

A weak hadith cannot be associated with the prophet(SAW). An hadith also means narration. The bible is an hadith (narration). It was narrated by different people that is why it is subject to errors. hadiths also have their errors different narrators with variable retention abilities.

In other words the Bible is the word of Man not God. No offense intended just pointing to what I believe is the fact.

ou did not answer the question though
Re: Who Is The Greatest Man Ever Lived by ammatullah(f): 3:17pm On Jan 21, 2010
The earth by itself was created in 2 days (not including the things on earth) 41:9

and then adding on the days it took to create the things placed on earth (mountains, sand, rocks, hills e.t.c) was an extra 2 days making 4 days. In other words took 4 days to create the earth and what it contains.

41:12 indicates creating heaven took 2 days including the affairs/things in each heaven
Re: Who Is The Greatest Man Ever Lived by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jan 21, 2010
ammatullah:

@ toba -

so either way, one of these verses is possibly true but it is apparent from your outburst the version you vote for.

Yes o the one i vote for is son Reason being that many biblical facts affirms Jesus as the son of God and Even Jesus Himself. In John14:7 Jesus said if u know me U ve Known the Father
11: I am in the father and the Father in me. I dnt think a servant would be bold enough to say such statements as repeated by Jesus several times in the bible.
Jesus did not even call xtians servant of God cus Rev1:6 says HE HAS MADE US KINGS AND PRIEST ON TO GOD, Neither are we slaves like muslims call themselves.

Guess u understand y i chose son rather than servant
Re: Who Is The Greatest Man Ever Lived by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jan 21, 2010
ammatullah:

The earth by itself was created in 2 days (not including the things on earth) 41:9

and then adding on the days it took to create the things placed on earth (mountains, sand, rocks, hills e.t.c) was an extra 2 days making 4 days. In other words took 4 days to create the earth and what it contains.

41:12 indicates creating heaven took 2 days including the affairs/things in each heaven

To u 2days abi? Why did your quran now say

Quran 41: 9 Is it that ye deny Him who created the earth in Two Days ?

Quran 41: 10 He set on the (earth) Mountains standing firm high above it, and bestowed blessing on the earth, and measured therein all things to give them nourishment in due proportion, in FOUR DAYS…

Why contradictions?
Re: Who Is The Greatest Man Ever Lived by ammatullah(f): 4:02pm On Jan 21, 2010
Quran 41: 10 He set on the (earth) Mountains standing firm high above it, and bestowed blessing on the earth, and measured therein all things to give them nourishment in due proportion, in FOUR DAYS EQUAL,for all those who ask.

Its not a contradiction as you say it is but as i explained earlier the 4 days includes the 2 days of the creation of the earth (41:9) and also the 2 extra days in creating its sustainance even though it doesnt boldly state it.
Re: Who Is The Greatest Man Ever Lived by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jan 21, 2010
ammatullah:

Quran 41: 10 He set on the (earth) Mountains standing firm high above it, and bestowed blessing on the earth, and measured therein all things to give them nourishment in due proportion, in FOUR DAYS EQUAL,for all those who ask.

Its not a contradiction as you say it is but as i explained earlier the 4 days includes the 2 days of the creation of the earth (41:9) and also the 2 extra days in creating its sustainance even though it doesnt boldly state it.

My sister, like i said i dnt want to digress cus its a thread topic on its own that i have on contradictions in the quran. lets stick to who the greatest man is.
Re: Who Is The Greatest Man Ever Lived by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jan 21, 2010
ofcource Muhammad,cos they never allowed jesus to live his life fully
Re: Who Is The Greatest Man Ever Lived by AbuZola3(m): 6:09pm On Jan 21, 2010
@toba,

jesus prayed meaning he is a follower i.e servant of God,
as for ur alleged contradiction i have done justice to it long time ago and my brother today refuted you as well. Thank Allah
Re: Who Is The Greatest Man Ever Lived by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jan 21, 2010
uplawal:

ofcource Muhammad,cos they never allowed jesus to live his life fully
madam u know thats not true as a former xtian.Its not how far but how well.His ministry lasted 3yrs out of which he affect lives positively&never sinned.Evry1 else are sinners including u&myself.So jesus is d greatest.Hapy marriage in advance madam.Cheers
Re: Who Is The Greatest Man Ever Lived by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jan 21, 2010
thank you Toba
Re: Who Is The Greatest Man Ever Lived by EzeCanada: 10:01pm On Jan 21, 2010
I can't help but add to this topic.

In my own opinion, it is fallacious to make comparison between Jesus Christ and the other mentioned individuals.

Jesus Chris is God in human flesh while others are mere human.

Therefore, it is above the poster's pay grade to raise such topic by trying to equate God to mere mortals.
Re: Who Is The Greatest Man Ever Lived by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jan 21, 2010
what a BLASPHEMY?,pls dnt continue saying this so that u dnt end in hellfire
Re: Who Is The Greatest Man Ever Lived by AbuZola3(m): 12:29am On Jan 22, 2010
True advice
Re: Who Is The Greatest Man Ever Lived by dammytim: 11:56am On Jan 22, 2010
EzeCanada:

I can't help but add to this topic.

In my own opinion, it is fallacious to make comparison between Jesus Christ and the other mentioned individuals.

Jesus Chris is God in human flesh while others are mere human.

Therefore, it is above the poster's pay grade to raise such topic by trying to equate God to mere mortals. 

Bible did say that Jesus lived among people, he was even called Son of Man. So nothing wrong with compare his life to other human being to determine who is greatest. Since Bible even say this: " In fact, to this [course] YOU were called, because even Christ suffered for YOU, leaving YOU a model for YOU to follow his steps closely.  He committed no sin, nor was deception found in his mouth. When he was being reviled, he did not go reviling in return. When he was suffering, he did not go threatening, but kept on committing himself to the one who judges righteously. - 1 Peter 2 : 21 - 23

@Abuzola, uplawal, ammatullah

Does Mohammad give you a model to follow? If he did, you can't be tolerant, you will kill, you will plunder, 'marry wives' for pleasure for a short period.

And Mohammad made a lot of threatening at point of death. He rained curse on his uncle and others.

Is that the kind of life you want to follow?
Re: Who Is The Greatest Man Ever Lived by AbuZola3(m): 1:54pm On Jan 22, 2010
Prophet muhammad serve us a very good model, he forbade the killing of female down to showing kindness to animal. Allah is great
Re: Who Is The Greatest Man Ever Lived by kolaoloye(m): 5:17pm On Jan 23, 2010
Abu Zola:

Prophet muhammad serve us a very good model, he forbade the killing of female down to showing kindness to animal. Allah is great
No wonder you talk the way you do.
Re: Who Is The Greatest Man Ever Lived by AbuZola3(m): 8:47pm On Jan 23, 2010
Kola
Re: Who Is The Greatest Man Ever Lived by ttruth(m): 12:44pm On Jan 25, 2010
Abu Zola:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin A very good model indeed !!!

These are his qualities :

(1) A warmonger and a hate monger

(2) High degree of intolerance and he passed the terrible genes down to his sons and daughters

(3) Paedophilia and uncontrollable sexual appetite for women

(4) Consummate artist on deception, fraud and lying

(5) Introducing a cult of death and as a result the world up till today have no peace

(6) Megalomania, plunder, murder assasination, and encouraging his followers to use the sword and deception always.

(7) Introducing slavery. Slavery was one of the most prevalent and most profitable institutions among the Muhammadan Arabs. The slavery of the Blacks was so prevalent, that in the Arabic language, BLACK PEOPLE are called and addressed as ABEED meaning SLAVES. They were also called Kafiroun/ Unbelievers, upon which word, the Boers of South Africa based their own epithet for blacks as 'Kafir'.

(cool Blatantly Racist. Most of the Arab and non Arab Muhammadan writers, authors and poets depicted the African Blacks as creatures just a bit higher than the other animals of the continent; most of these depictions are of course degrading, insulting and clearly blatantly racist. Even the Black Muhammadans, were never considered equal to the lighter coloured non Arab peoples.

(9) The list of failure is endless.

God have mercy !!!
Re: Who Is The Greatest Man Ever Lived by TrueSeeker(m): 2:10pm On Jan 25, 2010
Abu Zola:

No wonder he had a lot of wives and concubines? He will kill husband and sleep with wife. what a role model! grin
dare to practice it?
Re: Who Is The Greatest Man Ever Lived by AbuZola3(m): 4:25pm On Jan 25, 2010
'Say 'with Allah is the perfect proof of arguement, had He so willed, He would indeed ve guided you all' Quran 6:149
Re: Who Is The Greatest Man Ever Lived by AbuZola3(m): 4:26pm On Jan 25, 2010
Allah is Great
Re: Who Is The Greatest Man Ever Lived by Nobody: 12:52am On Jan 26, 2010
@Abuzola,leave kola alone,hes purchased a ticket to hellfire already except Allah intervene
Re: Who Is The Greatest Man Ever Lived by ttruth(m): 12:46pm On Jan 26, 2010
uplawal:

@Abuzola,leave kola alone,hes purchased a ticket to hellfire already except Allah intervene

What makes you think you are going to heaven ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Indian God, Krishna Was a Black African / The Difference Between Abel's And Cain's Sacrifice / Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.