Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,567 members, 7,827,124 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:40 AM

Who Is The Greatest Man Ever Lived - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is The Greatest Man Ever Lived (17119 Views)

Poll: Who Is The Greatest Man Ever Lived?

Jesus Christ: 51% (29 votes)
Mohammad: 39% (22 votes)
Paul: 0% (0 votes)
Isaac Newton: 3% (2 votes)
Leonard da Vinci: 5% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

The Most Influential Man Ever On Earth / Calabar Pastor’s Family Lived With Python For 10 Years / You're Not A Tested Christian Until You Have Lived In The North - Pastor Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is The Greatest Man Ever Lived by igboboy1(m): 1:59pm On Dec 31, 2009
IbrahimB:

@igbo boy

Relax man!! You don't have to shout - We can hear you grin

So Trueseeker, here's another view what say you? Since Jesus is not human (sic), he cannot be competing in the "Who-is-the-greatest-man-in-the-world" show smiley

Umm,  but we have a little problem here igbo-boy. The Muslims believe Jesus is human, the Jews believe Jesus was human, the Bhuddists and Confucionists believe Jesus is human. Everybody, other than a christian believes Jesus (if they believe he existed even) is human. Come, even some Christian Denominations and Sects believe Jesus was human. So what do we now do?

you got a point here, so then i would say the answer to this question is a subjective rather than an objective one then, It all depends on who you ask,
Re: Who Is The Greatest Man Ever Lived by KunleOshob(m): 2:13pm On Dec 31, 2009
IbrahimB:

@igbo boy

Relax man!! You don't have to shout - We can hear you grin

So Trueseeker, here's another view what say you? Since Jesus is not human (sic), he cannot be competing in the "Who-is-the-greatest-man-in-the-world" show smiley

Umm, but we have a little problem here igbo-boy. The Muslims believe Jesus is human, the Jews believe Jesus was human, the Bhuddists and Confucionists believe Jesus is human. Everybody, other than a christian believes Jesus (if they believe he existed even) is human. Come, even some Christian Denominations and Sects believe Jesus was human. So what do we now do?

The problem here lies in the definition of God and Man, when people make this arguments they forget that man was created in God's image and likeness to be lesser gods and reign over the earth. Jesus being a man and a god would be easier to comprehend once one realizes that the difference between a man and a god is just that one is superior to the other. They are basically of the same source.
Re: Who Is The Greatest Man Ever Lived by macayub(m): 2:45pm On Dec 31, 2009
why are people so confused here?
imagine Abu Zola and IbrahimB the two muslim brothers fighting over messiah-ship of Jesus.

@Abu Zola
Muhammad is the greatest man, the term messiah refers to saviour, jesus came to rescue the children of Israel , he will come before the hour is established to fight for the muslim, he will kill all the unbelievers and will raise the flag of islam up. Jesus is a prophet like it was stated in the Quran and divinity is associated to him or his mother

and his brother response:
@IbrahimB

@Abuzola

he will kill all the unbelievers and will raise the flag of islam up

Please where is it said that Jesus will kill ALL the unbelievers?! We should be careful what we say, please!

lol
Re: Who Is The Greatest Man Ever Lived by IbrahimB: 3:05pm On Dec 31, 2009
@macayub

Where did you see Abuzola and I fighting? Because I disagreed with him does that mean we're fighting Goodness!

Besides, we were not 'fighting' over the messiahship of Jesus but on his statement that Jesus will kill all unbelievers. Though, Jesus will wage a war (as confirmed by the Book of Revelations), when you say Jesus will kill all unbelievers, it leaves a negative impression.
Re: Who Is The Greatest Man Ever Lived by Nobody: 3:49pm On Dec 31, 2009
TrueSeeker:

@the_seeker

Tell me the effect of Muhammad life on non-muslim world. and remember your worship is not complete if you Muslim don't acknowledge Jesus Christ as Messiah. Whereas Christian don't need to accept Muhammad.

the Point: Jesus Christ life cut across different religions and nationals.

Stop wasting useful space with all your cut and paste post.

Jesus Teaching was so impressed the late Indian leader Mohandas K. Gandhi that he reportedly told a British official: “When your country and mine shall get together on the teachings laid down by Christ in this Sermon on the Mount, we shall have solved the problems not only of our countries but those of the whole world.”

That was from a non-christian religion.

U re to much

TrueSeeker:

@the_seeker, @IbrahimB

Where do you see your fact that 1.3 billion Muslim as twice as Christian population?

Evidently you are a liar, does that means Christians are just 700million in world population? is better you use your head when you are doing your cut paste posting. review it before you post it.

From your post, if evidence show Christian to be higher than muslim population that means St. Paul is evidently greater than Mohammad.
Christian population is 2.2 billion and that overthrow the ground that Hart stand on his assertion in 1978, the emerging fact now make Apostle Paul greater than Mohammad, and mind you Paul proclaim Jesus as his lord, achievement of that arab prophet did not even match that of one of Christ followers in time of proselytism, and Paul did not even use single sword to preach Christianity instead he did it in face of utmost percussion.

So if you are going by Hart theory Jesus is far greater than Mohammad.

If you want to know the true world population of major religion go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_religious_groups

u re just too much

Deep Sight:

And in all of this why did you fail to mention the fact that your supposed "greatest man" was a champion Paedophile, sleeping with 9 year old Aisha? ? ?
What a pity poor mohammad wey Agro won kill

Abu Zola:

Muhammad is the greatest man, the term messiah refers to saviour, jesus came to rescue the children of Israel , he will come before the hour is established to fight for the muslim, he will kill all the unbelievers and will raise the flag of islam up. Jesus is a prophet like it was stated in the Quran and divinity is associated to him or his mother

Guy nawa, i like the fact that u confirmed christ as the messiah, but raising the flag of islam is not going to happen.Wait a minute. moslems always say that mohammad is superior to jesus why is it that it is jesus that will raise flag and not mohammad. Simple jesus is superior to mohammad by far far far

IbrahimB link=topic=373508.msg5224194#msg5224194 date=1262268340:

@macayub

Where did you see Abuzola and I fighting? Because I disagreed with him does that mean we're fighting Goodness!

Besides, we were not 'fighting' over the messiahship of Jesus but on his statement that Jesus will kill all unbelievers. Though, Jesus will wage a war (as confirmed by the Book of Revelations), when you say Jesus will kill all unbelievers, it leaves a negative impression.

Confusion don start
Re: Who Is The Greatest Man Ever Lived by TrueSeeker(m): 5:55pm On Dec 31, 2009
@toba
Guy nawa, i like the fact that u confirmed christ as the messiah, but raising the flag of islam is not going to happen.Wait a minute. moslems always say that mohammad is superior to jesus why is it that it is jesus that will raise flag and not mohammad. Simple jesus is superior to mohammad by far far far

I think one of the reason that make them to believe that Jesus will lead by raising the flag is because Jesus is alive while Mohammed is dead, (You know Jesus died and resurrect and He is in position to raise the dead if he like he will raise Mohammed to safe him if not, , huh.
Re: Who Is The Greatest Man Ever Lived by Digriz(m): 6:54pm On Dec 31, 2009
Everytime muslim and christian debate,jesus and mohammed.
U people shuld stop ths nonsense and stick to ur religion. CHRISTIANITY is good ISLAM is good wat d hell are u debating? Stop this!
Re: Who Is The Greatest Man Ever Lived by debosky(m): 6:56pm On Dec 31, 2009
Baba Sala cheesy
Re: Who Is The Greatest Man Ever Lived by Nobody: 7:14pm On Dec 31, 2009
@trueseeker may ALLAH continue to increase ur wisdom
Re: Who Is The Greatest Man Ever Lived by AbuZola3(m): 7:19pm On Dec 31, 2009
@ibrahimB- Yes jesus will kill the unbelievers, mind you he will come at the time of masihu (messiah) dujjal the anti christ, no unbeliever will remain, it is either they have convert to islam or be exterminated. I have a hadith on it
Re: Who Is The Greatest Man Ever Lived by Nobody: 7:30pm On Dec 31, 2009
Abuzola d excile u went have really transformed ur life for good a bit.All u said is 40% correct as its written in revelations,but i will disagree with u on jesus coming to kill anybody.Jesus is not a killer&will not convert anyone to islam.What his coming to do is to take up with him,those pple that do d will of God,while those that dnt will be taken by anti-christ,who are like devil.So says d bible
Re: Who Is The Greatest Man Ever Lived by AbuZola3(m): 8:18pm On Dec 31, 2009
Mr man am not talking of the bible, am referring to the details in my hadith, by the way do you know hadith. If you care to know jesus is a devoted muslim
Re: Who Is The Greatest Man Ever Lived by No2Atheism(m): 8:41pm On Dec 31, 2009
Abu Zola:

Mr man am not talking of the bible, am referring to the details in my hadith, by the way do you know hadith. If you care to know jesus is a devoted muslim

You are really completely brainwashed for you to be saying things like those above . . . i hope and pray you don't end up like Umar Farouk at this rate that you are going . . . .

- The Messiah was an Isrealite . . . he was not an Arab . . .

- There was nothing like muslim until Mohammed came into this world . . .

- Mohammed was bon around[b] 6 centuries [/b]after THE MESSIAH had come, died and ressurected . . .

- The Messiah was simply following and obeying the Laws of Moses 6 centuries even before mohammed was born. . . and doing the Creator's will. . .

- The Messiah was not a muslim and was never a muslim and would never be a muslim . . .

- Because muslims claim otherwise does not mean it is true . . . lies can be repeated a million times, it still does not make it true . . .

- The Bible has nothing to do with Islam . . . instead its Islam trying to squeeze itself into the bible by force . . .

- The Messiah was never a muslim and would never be . . .

- Mohammed is a peadophile and liar and murderer . . .

- Stop being brainwashed . . .
Re: Who Is The Greatest Man Ever Lived by IbrahimB: 8:55pm On Dec 31, 2009
@Abuzola

@ibrahimB- Yes jesus will kill the unbelievers,  mind you he will come at the time of masihu (messiah) dujjal the anti christ,  no unbeliever will remain, it is either they have convert to islam or be exterminated. I have a hadith on it

If you notice, I stressed the word ALL in my previous posts. I'm aware of the hadith you're referring to. When you say Jesus will kill all the unbelievers it doesn't paint the whole picture. There's a thin line between "Jesus will kill all the unbelievers" which was your first submission and what you've just stated (or restated) above. I hope you can see that thin line?

@All

I can see this thread has derailed a bit. (Religious Threads on Nairaland will always derail anyway). I think it will do this thread a lot of good if we keep the our posts objective and keep the religious sentiments a little bit down.
Re: Who Is The Greatest Man Ever Lived by AbuZola3(m): 9:10pm On Dec 31, 2009
Atheism, you are lousy fool, brainwash by joshua or adeboye, Muslim is an arabic word meaning those who submit to God, hence it can be translated into major languages,

jesus wasn't following the law of moses, he changed law of divorce, the law of retaliation an eye for an eye, the law of adultery bla bla, you are a damn hypocrite who doesn't know his religion. Ode buruku
Re: Who Is The Greatest Man Ever Lived by No2Atheism(m): 9:14pm On Dec 31, 2009
Abu Zola:

Atheism, you are lousy fool, brainwash by joshua or adeboye, Muslim is an arabic word meaning those who submit to God, hence it can be translated into major languages,

jesus wasn't following the law of moses, he changed law of divorce, the law of retaliation an eye for an eye, the law of adultery bla bla, you are a damn hypocrite who doesn't know his religion. Ode buruku

grin grin grin . . . you are welcome . . . grin grin grin
Re: Who Is The Greatest Man Ever Lived by Digriz(m): 9:32pm On Dec 31, 2009
Lots of mad people in here fooling themselves around. Not surprise coz you people just dnt hv anyother meaningful thing to do.
Re: Who Is The Greatest Man Ever Lived by AbuZola3(m): 11:01pm On Dec 31, 2009
Digriz, its nt the digriz its da grin, olodo
Re: Who Is The Greatest Man Ever Lived by igboboy1(m): 2:51am On Jan 01, 2010
Abu Zola:

@ibrahimB- Yes jesus will kill the unbelievers, mind you he will come at the time of masihu (messiah) dujjal the anti christ, no unbeliever will remain, it is either they have convert to islam or be exterminated. I have a hadith on it

wrong wrong

thats the difference between christainity and islam, Christianity doesn't dwell on the killing killing killing that Islam is so concerned about especially of those who dont agree with islam,

When Jesus comes, he is taking his people rather than coming to kill ,

Actions speaks louder than word, they say islam= peace, but the actions i see from people like you and more importantly the instructions from the koran has more to do with peace for those who believe in allah and more violence/discrimination of those who dont,
Re: Who Is The Greatest Man Ever Lived by richjohn1(m): 2:22am On Jan 02, 2010
leave jesus & muhammad out of this the british pple I know know how to hype things out of proportion see all the muhammad hailing just to please the arabs.;

Thomas Paine is myman! grin
Re: Who Is The Greatest Man Ever Lived by AbuZola3(m): 7:14am On Jan 02, 2010
Igboboy, thats the truth, the truth is better
Re: Who Is The Greatest Man Ever Lived by Nobody: 10:23am On Jan 02, 2010
How can jesus come&kill.When he came he didnt kill,so he will now comeback to kill lailai.
If its mohammad dat one is a die hard killer,who always carried sword&knife in his life time
Re: Who Is The Greatest Man Ever Lived by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jan 02, 2010
I'm quite inclined to pass off Jesus as the greatest man that ever lived, but this isn't because I believe in some of the b.ullsh.its he did. Evidence's only in the many wars and provocations his messages have caused among humans. In that respect, he's certainly the most mentioned name in history. In Nigeria alone, I wonder how many times his name is mentioned in an hour.
But in truer terms, people like Newton, Einstein, Shakespeare or Dostoyevski can pass as candidates for the greatest men to ever live and contribute significantly to the mental development of homo sapiens.

BTW, am really just seeing now that Tudor is female. . . Hmm. . .am really thinking. wink
Re: Who Is The Greatest Man Ever Lived by AbuZola3(m): 6:42pm On Jan 02, 2010
Toba stop being a nuisance, was it not jesus that massacred millions via moses, joshua, hosea, david and co, or are you denying that jesus is not God ?
Re: Who Is The Greatest Man Ever Lived by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jan 02, 2010
Abu Zola:

Toba stop being a nuisance, was it not jesus  that massacred millions via moses, joshua, hosea, david and co, or are you denying that jesus is not God ?
Accepted.But jesus never used his hands to kill,talkless of having to carry a sword around to kill an enemy that is a myth
Re: Who Is The Greatest Man Ever Lived by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jan 02, 2010
Abu Zola:

Toba stop being a nuisance, was it not jesus  that massacred millions via moses, joshua, hosea, david and co, or are you denying that jesus is not God ?
Accepted.But jesus never used his hands to kill,talkless of having to carry a sword around to kill an enemy that is a myth
Re: Who Is The Greatest Man Ever Lived by AbuZola3(m): 12:28am On Jan 03, 2010
Is a pity you don't know the bible,

'jesus said,'let him that has no sword sell his garment and buy one' luke 22:36
Re: Who Is The Greatest Man Ever Lived by igboboy1(m): 1:51pm On Jan 03, 2010
Abu Zola:

Toba stop being a nuisance, was it not jesus that massacred millions via moses, joshua, hosea, david and co, or are you denying that jesus is not God ?

via hehehehe you funnny and muhammed was directly/personally he slit someones throat, stab one guy in the yansh, another in the belle and thousands more
Re: Who Is The Greatest Man Ever Lived by MrCrackles(m): 1:54pm On Jan 03, 2010
Topic

BRASHY AKA Mr Crackles. . . .What A Legend
Re: Who Is The Greatest Man Ever Lived by PastorAIO: 3:19pm On Jan 03, 2010
Great in what capacity?
Re: Who Is The Greatest Man Ever Lived by AbuZola3(m): 3:46pm On Jan 03, 2010
Igbo boy- if ur God is a murderer then so be it, lol
Re: Who Is The Greatest Man Ever Lived by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jan 03, 2010
Abu Zola:

Igbo boy- if your God is a murderer then so be it, lol
U said evrything mohammad did was sanctioned by Allah.Mohammad was a murderer&sex hungered.Ur God is also what? Since he ordered d war devil mohammad to Kill. What is ur God?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why You Need To Make Heaven Your Primary Concern / Christian Cross-Country Runner Refuses To Race Wearing Bib Number 666 / TB Joshua Denies Prophesy On The Kidnap Of An East-African President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.