Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,304 members, 7,836,318 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

Police Uses Teargas On "Freezakzaky" Protesters In Abuja (Photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Uses Teargas On "Freezakzaky" Protesters In Abuja (Photos) (13367 Views)

Police Fired Teargas On #RevolutionNow Protesters, Make Arrests (Photos) / Policeman Trying To Fire Teargas At Melaye, Saraki, Ben Bruce During Protest / Activist Deji Adeyanju On His Meeting With Nigerian Security On #freezakzaky (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Uses Teargas On "Freezakzaky" Protesters In Abuja (Photos) by Nobody: 1:05pm On Apr 11, 2017
Kudos to FGN, it is strange how there is enough water to disperse protesters but when there is fire outbreak there wont be enough.
Re: Police Uses Teargas On "Freezakzaky" Protesters In Abuja (Photos) by Bigii(m): 1:06pm On Apr 11, 2017
sarrki:

grin

Thank you

Am a patriot my brother

N will always be

Enemy of State.

I dey my house come and beat megrin
Re: Police Uses Teargas On "Freezakzaky" Protesters In Abuja (Photos) by Darwinthegreat(m): 1:08pm On Apr 11, 2017
blessme2019:
Was there a permit for the protest?
Protesting is a fundamental human right and I highly doubt you need a permit to carry out one of your rights.

1 Like

Re: Police Uses Teargas On "Freezakzaky" Protesters In Abuja (Photos) by Nobody: 1:11pm On Apr 11, 2017
princechurchill:
I'm not sorry for them, you voted change unanimously​ even with underage voters so live by it
shiite dont vote. Those people are kinda radical. They dont have respect of anyone. Like they will block d road during their prayers n will not allow anyone to pass not even the state governor.

1 Like

Re: Police Uses Teargas On "Freezakzaky" Protesters In Abuja (Photos) by Babanick: 1:11pm On Apr 11, 2017
blessme2019:
please can point to where it is written that you need a written permit to organize a peaceful protest?
Re: Police Uses Teargas On "Freezakzaky" Protesters In Abuja (Photos) by princechurchill(m): 1:13pm On Apr 11, 2017
charliboy654:

shiite dont vote. Those people are kinda radical. They dont have respect of anyone. Like they will block d road during their prayers n will not allow anyone to pass not even the state governor.

They voted for change, after campaigning​ against Jonathan
Re: Police Uses Teargas On "Freezakzaky" Protesters In Abuja (Photos) by Raziii(m): 1:17pm On Apr 11, 2017
sarrki:

God bless you

A salient question
you don't need a permit to protest okay. Knowledge is key!
Re: Police Uses Teargas On "Freezakzaky" Protesters In Abuja (Photos) by topzeezo: 1:30pm On Apr 11, 2017
we will continue de protest untill our cleric is released... Free alzakzaky....we don't support any blood streamer's..
Re: Police Uses Teargas On "Freezakzaky" Protesters In Abuja (Photos) by regent: 1:32pm On Apr 11, 2017
blessme2019:

living under successive Milads for so long has affected the psyche and mentality of many folks such that we are soo ignorant (or deliberately indifferent) about the content of the constitution as it relates to us as law abiding citizens.
news flash: u can protest anything/anyone etc as long as you just inform the police. You don't need a permit to stage a peaceful protest. comprendes??
Re: Police Uses Teargas On "Freezakzaky" Protesters In Abuja (Photos) by blessme2019(m): 1:40pm On Apr 11, 2017
Babanick:

please can point to where it is written that you need a written permit to organize a peaceful protest?
I guess you didn't hear the chants, cone here and see for yourself.
Re: Police Uses Teargas On "Freezakzaky" Protesters In Abuja (Photos) by Kagarko(m): 1:45pm On Apr 11, 2017
princechurchill:
I'm not sorry for them, you voted change unanimously​ even with underage voters so live by it

Sorry, they didn't vote APC. In fact they don't believe in any government apart from the government of Zakzakky.

We voted APC /PMB /PYO and we'll live by it good or bad.

It has been a win win situation so far. No regrets voting them. And when opportunity avail itself in 2019 we'll do much more than we did in 2015.

God bless PMB, Jagaban PYO & APC

1 Like

Re: Police Uses Teargas On "Freezakzaky" Protesters In Abuja (Photos) by jbcul4ril(m): 1:46pm On Apr 11, 2017
Even in the USA protesters were tear gassed. If they are peaceful they will not be gassed but anything contrary they should be gassed very well with pepper spray.
Re: Police Uses Teargas On "Freezakzaky" Protesters In Abuja (Photos) by chesseed: 2:10pm On Apr 11, 2017
stephanie11:
Photos reaching the Politics Nigeria newsdesk this afternoon reveal that the Nigerian police used teargas to disperse peaceful Shiite protesters at the Unity fountain in Abuja.

The protest called "FreeZakzaky" was against the government's continued detention of Shiekh Ibrahim El-Zakzaky, leader of the Islamic movement of Nigeria (IMN).

http://politicsngr.com/2017/04/11/breaking-police-uses-teargas-freezakzaky-protesters-abuja/

and so what. what do u want them to use, bomb?. Enemy of state.
Re: Police Uses Teargas On "Freezakzaky" Protesters In Abuja (Photos) by chesseed: 2:12pm On Apr 11, 2017
Semper247:
@op
Would you rather they use guns? Cos I don't understand this post of urs..
So everyone should be left to disturb public peace anyhow abi?

check her name, then you go no better. na dem dem
Re: Police Uses Teargas On "Freezakzaky" Protesters In Abuja (Photos) by Ceno1dItaliano: 2:12pm On Apr 11, 2017
Just passed there now...transcorp Hilton
Re: Police Uses Teargas On "Freezakzaky" Protesters In Abuja (Photos) by martooski(m): 2:14pm On Apr 11, 2017
sarrki:
Every parties involved should thread with caution

i guess that all that BMC has to say for now...
Re: Police Uses Teargas On "Freezakzaky" Protesters In Abuja (Photos) by martooski(m): 2:24pm On Apr 11, 2017
wins18:
protest is something you should distance yourself from as far as this government is concerned, a word is enough for the wise, now is tear gass next will be missile.
AFTER YOUR NEXT THE THIRD STEP NA CHEMICAL WEAPON
Re: Police Uses Teargas On "Freezakzaky" Protesters In Abuja (Photos) by wins18(m): 2:33pm On Apr 11, 2017
martooski:
AFTER YOUR NEXT THE THIRD STEP NA CHEMICAL WEAPON
grin
Re: Police Uses Teargas On "Freezakzaky" Protesters In Abuja (Photos) by cole265(m): 2:52pm On Apr 11, 2017
ednut1:
Dasuki, Zarkary Kanu and odas have been on detention since. shameless govt and inept judiciary

go ;ate
Re: Police Uses Teargas On "Freezakzaky" Protesters In Abuja (Photos) by tribalistseun: 3:12pm On Apr 11, 2017
blessme2019:
permit for wetin. Is this north Korea?
Re: Police Uses Teargas On "Freezakzaky" Protesters In Abuja (Photos) by Dicedpineapple(f): 3:18pm On Apr 11, 2017
sarrki:
Every parties involved should thread with caution

na sarrki be dis abi na imposter?

2 Likes

Re: Police Uses Teargas On "Freezakzaky" Protesters In Abuja (Photos) by Nobody: 3:22pm On Apr 11, 2017
blackboy:
In Nigeria sites are labelled terrorist organization while ISIS a sunnis are not. Make I no talk too much
in nigeria,morons are tagged normal people while normal persons are tagged morons!!!!please illuminate me by what you mean by sites?
Re: Police Uses Teargas On "Freezakzaky" Protesters In Abuja (Photos) by sarrki(m): 3:35pm On Apr 11, 2017
Dicedpineapple:
na sarrki be dis abi na imposter?

Nah me ooo sis
Re: Police Uses Teargas On "Freezakzaky" Protesters In Abuja (Photos) by brookz: 4:39pm On Apr 11, 2017
Child's play, d moment dy hear dat name "Bura"..... before u say "Tai"....... each & everyone of dem go Vanish.
Re: Police Uses Teargas On "Freezakzaky" Protesters In Abuja (Photos) by okenikpoto(m): 5:11pm On Apr 11, 2017
I don't think the Buhari government is truly listening and watching the news. Donald Trump just okayed the sale of fighter jets worth $600m to Nigeria to fight Boko Haram; a deal the Obama administration put on hold and refused to allow due to alleged human rights violations of the Nigeria army.

This morning the US Secretary of State, Rex Tillerson, said that the US government will hold rogue leaders to account. He elaborated by saying that any government that abuses the rights of its citizens will be held to account.
He may be referring to Bashir Assad of Syria as the rogue government but is what the police doing here necessary and called for? This is a group exercising their constitutional rights to freedom of expression and they are being treated this way. They were not violent neither have they caused disturbance to peace but some overzealous government is already attacking them because they may not like the group they represent?

I hope Femi Adesina and his colleagues are reading between the lines. Trump's offer of this arms deal will come with extreme scrutiny on the Buhari government that have shot and killed Shia members and hurriedly buried over 300 of them in a mass grave; Washington will be watching over the shoulders of a government that has deployed bombs on an IDP camp without any explanation till date; Trump will be monitoring this government that disobeys court judgements and procedures repeatedly. They will also be watching how the Amnesty International agency that has been asked to leave the country. They should not just think they are in the good books of Donald Trump with this deal, they have been handed a candy that will soon turn red hot on their hands should they continue in this manner.

stephanie11:
Photos reaching the Politics Nigeria newsdesk this afternoon reveal that the Nigerian police used teargas to disperse peaceful Shiite protesters at the Unity fountain in Abuja.

The protest called "FreeZakzaky" was against the government's continued detention of Shiekh Ibrahim El-Zakzaky, leader of the Islamic movement of Nigeria (IMN).

http://politicsngr.com/2017/04/11/breaking-police-uses-teargas-freezakzaky-protesters-abuja/

1 Like

Re: Police Uses Teargas On "Freezakzaky" Protesters In Abuja (Photos) by AceSkillz01: 5:52pm On Apr 11, 2017
So the Musas can wail like this? shocked cheesy grin undecided
Re: Police Uses Teargas On "Freezakzaky" Protesters In Abuja (Photos) by Elbowroom: 8:00pm On Apr 11, 2017
ShobayoEmma:
Bad for democracy. Authouritarian in a full-scale gear. Dictatorian tendency warming up.

Is there democracy in Nigeria since 1999
Re: Police Uses Teargas On "Freezakzaky" Protesters In Abuja (Photos) by blessme2019(m): 7:13pm On Apr 12, 2017
I have no singular idea, why I was banned yesterday for making a comment in this thread. As a moderator, you don't just misuse the access given to you to wield an imaginary weapon of authority on people anyhow without due diligence. I am calling on the two moderators of Politics section OMA4J and Mynd44 to kindly explain to me, why I was given a 26 hour ban for the comment on the photograph below.

I am not trying to start any trouble, but I want fellow readers to see this and tell me if I am wrong. For calling the two moderators out this way, I apologize but it's necessary so as the attention of the owner of ي forum to such unnecessary and questionable behavior.

cc: Lalasticlala, Seun

Re: Police Uses Teargas On "Freezakzaky" Protesters In Abuja (Photos) by dominique(f): 7:21pm On Apr 12, 2017
blessme2019:
I have no singular idea, why I was banned yesterday for making a comment in this thread. As a moderator, you don't just misuse the access given to you to wield an imaginary weapon of authority on people anyhow without due diligence. I am calling on the two moderators of Politics section OMA4J and Mynd44 to kindly explain to me, why I was given a 26 hour ban for the comment on the photograph below.

I am not trying to start any trouble, but I want fellow readers to see this and tell me if I am wrong. For calling the two moderators out this way, I apologize but it's necessary so as the attention of the owner of ي forum to such unnecessary and questionable behavior.

cc: Lalasticlaa, Se.un

You were wrongly banned by the spambots. Next time Mail the supermods or the board moderators and you'll be unbanned

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG Hires Asset Tracers To Go After 150 Moneybags / FEC Approves Confab’s Main Report / Deji Adeyanju Picks Nomination Form To Contest For PDP National Secretary (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.