Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,190 members, 7,822,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

Moderator's Year End Comments - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Moderator's Year End Comments (1462 Views)

Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On The Economy / Nominate Nairaland Moderator. Year 2015 / Obasanjo Comments About Atiku; 'I Dey Laugh' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Moderator's Year End Comments by kosovo(m): 2:50pm On Dec 30, 2009
 To say that i am delighted to write this is to say the obvious. The whole Journey started not too long and the progress is Visible without a doubt. My duty as a Moderator became clearer, not until i was appointed here. Over at the Games section, everywhere looked so calm but the reverse occurs here!

Through out the year, Our Political Contributors, strategist and analyst  were indefatigable and unflinching towards the 'tear-down' of Issues that bothers us as a Nation, Though some arguments were nugatory as it is found in any organized community.

The section had been acerbated by common insults and fights between members,  it is However my wish that the recent level of maturity and reduced baseless fights amongst members continues.

I would like to thank all the politics posters for their intense Contribution to the provision of Information not found anywhere else.

I have also not failed to work on the constructive criticism from members especially from Afam, ElRazur, Katsumoto, Chapelle.S and others too numerous to mention.

I would like to Thank everyone for reading my Earlier message Here, Irrelevant/Duplicate threads has reduced drastically in the section. Though there is still Room for operational achievements

After Conducting the most Free, Fair and Balanced Election process in Niarialand, i think i have the honor to  once again congratulate the Political Poster of the year. smiley

The amount of work, time and wise decisions taken by the Previous Moderator, I must not fail to acknowledge,

Kudos to the Admin,. Of Niaraland for creating the most intelligent Nigeria Community.

I wish you all a wonderful Holiday season and a Happy New Year

P.S Thread would be sticky for a couple of days

Edit: I also want to thank all those who has made used of the "Report To Moderator" Button. It has been most helpful in the effective discharge of my Duties.
Re: Moderator's Year End Comments by Nobody: 3:10pm On Dec 30, 2009
Kudos 2 U smiley
Re: Moderator's Year End Comments by oderemo(m): 5:40pm On Dec 30, 2009
old boy the label on your t shirt is BIG EGO. cool cool cool
Re: Moderator's Year End Comments by Nobody: 9:05pm On Dec 30, 2009
You d man, kudos 2 u.
Re: Moderator's Year End Comments by MandingoII(m): 9:35pm On Dec 30, 2009
Re: Moderator's Year End Comments by keeptalkin(m): 9:42pm On Dec 30, 2009
So what happened to RichyBlacK?
Re: Moderator's Year End Comments by SEFAGO(m): 10:57pm On Dec 30, 2009
To say that i am delighted to write this is to say the obvious. The whole Journey started not too long and the progress is Visible without a doubt. My duty as a Moderator became clearer, not until i was appointed here. Over at the Games section, everywhere looked so calm but the reverse occurs here!

Through out the year, Our Political Contributors, strategist and analyst were indefatigable and unflinching towards the tear-down of Issues that bothers us as a Nation, Though some arguments were nugatory as it is found in any organized community.

The section had been acerbated by common insults and fights between members, it is However my wish that the recent level of maturity and reduced baseless fights amongst members continues.

I would like to thank all the politics posters for their intense Contribution to the provision of Information not found anywhere else.

I have also not failed to work on the constructive criticism from members especially from Afam, ElRazur, Katsumoto, Chapelle.S and others too numerous to mention.

I would like to Thank everyone for reading my Earlier message Here, Irrelevant/Duplicate threads has reduced drastically in the section. Though there is still Room for operation achievements

After Conducting the most Free, Fair and Balanced Election process in Niarialand, i think i have the honor to once again congratulate the Political Poster of the year. Smiley

The amount of work, time and wise decisions taken by the Previous Moderator, I must not fail to acknowledge,

My kudos to the Supreme Commander Of Niaraland for creating the most intelligent Nigeria Community.

I wish you all a wonderful Holiday season and a Happy New Year

P.S Thread would be sticky for a couple of days

Edit: I also want to thank all those who has made used of the "Report To Moderator" Button. It has been most helpful in the effective discharge of my Duties

Kai you grammar is worse than becomrich. Chineke me, NL will not kill me.
Re: Moderator's Year End Comments by tamme: 1:59am On Dec 31, 2009
RICHY BLACK WE MISS YOUUUUUUUU!

COME BACK!
Re: Moderator's Year End Comments by kosovo(m): 4:57am On Dec 31, 2009
Thanks for your encouraging comments. cheesy
Re: Moderator's Year End Comments by kosovo(m): 5:25am On Dec 31, 2009
MandingoII:

Looks so pathetic cheesy
Re: Moderator's Year End Comments by sholasys: 9:31am On Dec 31, 2009
TO Kosovo,
You need to be more serious, objective and proactive in moderating this section. what are your plans for this political section in 2010? I have invited some elites and Big Nigerian politicians into this forum but was discourage at the end by the gradual decrease of quality of contents, topics and rampant absurd languages used in this section. You make it worst by s-electing BECOMRICH as the political figure of the year in Nairaland. It potrays Nairaland as a child play, a pro disintegration, confusionist and where sense of purpose, incisiveness, ideology and intellect contributions to issues are lacking. Seriously, elites are reading this forum, professors, Drs, a senator comes here to ganner opinion for his "papper work". I also observed that there are a lot of teenagers, pupils that have access to internet as hijacked this forums. I have complained before. pls do something b4 nairaland , ??
Re: Moderator's Year End Comments by kosovo(m): 9:48am On Dec 31, 2009
sholasys:

TO Kosovo,
You need to be more serious, objective and proactive in moderating this section. what are your plans for this political section in 2010?

Masive Plans would Go live soon! And i am pretty sure everyone would like it,  There have been some undeniable changes lately. but the only thing humanity hates is CHANGE!

You make it worst by s-electing BECOMRICH as the political figure of the year in Nairaland. It potrays Nairaland as a child play, a pro disintegration, confusionist and where sense of purpose, incisiveness, ideology and intellect contributions to issues are lacking.
    To say that i made BECOMRICH the poster of the year is premature.
I am not a Dictator and i have no right whatsoever to impose anybody especially at this time of civility. The Nairaland poster of the year Election was all a collective effort and mainly charaterized by public opinion.
Re: Moderator's Year End Comments by kosovo(m): 9:57am On Dec 31, 2009
@sholasys
I also observed that there are a lot of teenagers, pupils that have access to internet as hijacked this forums. I have complained before. pls do something b4 nairaland , ??
  I think The politics of our Dear nation is not meant for only the elites and gray-headed men, they have all done their best, and we have seen minimal impacts,   We must have to focus on the serious issues bothering our nation and to acheive that, there is the need for collective efforts amongst the entire Nigeria population, teenagers, pupils and youths constitutes a lot in any Nation building, hence their importance should not be undermined!
Re: Moderator's Year End Comments by danexd(m): 10:21am On Dec 31, 2009
@Kosovo
Kudos to u****ur strive for a greater nairaland especially the political section is quite commendable

kosovo:

[font=Comic Sans MS]
      Kudos to the Supreme Commander Of Niaraland for creating the most intelligent Nigeria Community.

in all honesty i do not like those bolded words used in addressing Seun*****or did he demand that?

sholasys:

TO Kosovo,
You make it worst by s-electing BECOMRICH as the political figure of the year in Nairaland.
Dude u are wrong on this****Becomrich won the Position through free and fair election***I personally voted for him.
Re: Moderator's Year End Comments by kosovo(m): 10:27am On Dec 31, 2009
@danexd
in all honesty i do not like those bolded words used in addressing Seun*****or did he demand that?
     smiley
Re: Moderator's Year End Comments by Katsumoto: 11:33am On Dec 31, 2009
sholasys:

TO Kosovo,
You need to be more serious, objective and proactive in moderating this section. what are your plans for this political section in 2010? I have invited some elites and Big Nigerian politicians into this forum but was discourage at the end by the gradual decrease of quality of contents, topics and rampant absurd languages used in this section. You make it worst by s-electing BECOMRICH as the political figure of the year in Nairaland. It potrays Nairaland as a child play, a pro disintegration, confusionist and where sense of purpose, incisiveness, ideology and intellect contributions to issues are lacking. Seriously, elites are reading this forum, professors, Drs, a senator comes here to ganner opinion for his "papper work". I also observed that there are a lot of teenagers, pupils that have access to internet as hijacked this forums. I have complained before. pls do something b4 nairaland , ??

I like some of your comments but lets not restrict Nairaland to elites. Afterall, is it not the same elites that have failed Nigeria. You are talking about senators; which senators are you referring to? The same ones who are selfish in thinking and action. I ask, and do tell, what is the political ideology of this senator that you so refer to? The reason that there are pro-disintegration and secessionist contributions on this forum is due to a lack of political ideology, purposeful vision, and altruism on the part of the political class. Individuals are bound to use this forum to air their frustrations. Even though I try to be civil on this forum, I am equally one of the millions of frustrated Nigerians.

Please tell your senator friend that him and his peers may escape the judgement of man but they WILL not escape the judgement of God. The judgement of God is usually final and can not be avoided through bribes and political favour.

My rant is over. Thanks
Re: Moderator's Year End Comments by otawa: 11:54am On Dec 31, 2009
Kudos to the Supreme Commander Of Niaraland for creating the most intelligent Nigeria Community.

No comment!!!
Re: Moderator's Year End Comments by sholasys: 12:08pm On Dec 31, 2009
Some teenagers have bastardize topics and post trash. They are too premature to handle some topics and issues of national interest hence they drag it to the mud, make some degraded and offensive comments.

@ Katsumoto and Kosovo
For security purpose, I will not mention the senator’s name. He represent my constituency and from same party. He is an altruism leader and he is trying his best. I belief that the elites have betrayed our trust and very selfish but some issues are not meant for the immature. Me and you can make the difference. Something should be done to curb them.

About BECOMRICH
You where at fault because the pre election process was shabby, what were the requirements or prerequisite?, factor to become the POLITICAN figure of the year in Nairaland ?  What were the ideology behind it ? the motive  and objective? What message are you passing across?. Am sure if it were base on incisive and meaningful contribution he wouldn’t have won. He won bc too many premature are here and inordinate popularity.

I give you “thumb up” anyway
Re: Moderator's Year End Comments by Katsumoto: 12:26pm On Dec 31, 2009
sholasys:

Some teenagers have bastardize topics and post trash. They are too premature to handle some topics and issues of national interest hence they drag it to the mud, make some degraded and offensive comments.

@ Katsumoto and Kosovo
For security purpose, I will not mention the senator’s name. He represent my constituency and from same party. He is an altruism leader and he is trying his best. I belief that the elites have betrayed our trust and very selfish but some issues are not meant for the immature. Me and you can make the difference. Something should be done to curb them.

About BECOMRICH
You where at fault because the pre election process was shabby, what were the requirements or prerequisite?, factor to become the POLITICAN figure of the year in Nairaland ?  What were the ideology behind it ? the motive  and objective? What message are you passing across?. Am sure if it were base on incisive and meaningful contribution he wouldn’t have won. He won bc too many premature are here and inordinate popularity.

I give you “thumb up” anyway

But that is at the very heart of democracy. How many people in America understand ideology? But voting is not restricted to only the intelligent people; even idiots have a vote. Whether there are more idiots than smart people is open to debate. The election was not about the most incisive analyst and contributor but about the personality of the politics section.

If we continue to push for the elimination of redundant and abusive threads, quantity will reduce and quality will improve. Gradually we will start to have more meaningful discourse and debate. I have seen some difference since Kosovo started as a moderator of this section. Lets give him time; this section will be better. In the mean time, lets continue to flag and report abusive and inflammatory posts. We should not stoop to the level of abusive people, but we should condemn abusive and inflammatory posts when we see them most especially if they are from individuals from our tribes.

Thanks
Re: Moderator's Year End Comments by kosovo(m): 12:33pm On Dec 31, 2009
Katsumoto:

But that is at the very heart of democracy. How many people in America understand ideology? But voting is not restricted to only the intelligent people; even idiots have a vote. Whether there are more idiots than smart people is open to debate. The election was not about the most incisive analyst and contributor but about the personality of the politics section.

If we continue to push for the elimination of redundant and abusive threads, quantity will reduce and quality will improve. Gradually we will start to have more meaningful discourse and debate. I have seen some difference since Kosovo started as a moderator of this section. Lets give him time; this section will be better. In the mean time, lets continue to flag and report abusive and inflammatory posts. We should not stoop to the level of abusive people, but we should condemn abusive and inflammatory posts when we see them most especially if they are from individuals from our tribes.

Thanks
  I couldn't have said it any much better,  we just need to Glance into the world just as though time were gone: and everything crooked may become straight.
Re: Moderator's Year End Comments by mbulela: 1:05pm On Dec 31, 2009
SEFAGO:

Kai you grammar is worse than becomrich. Chineke me, NL will not kill me.
i made the same comment in a previous post of his yesterday.
the guy is an outright comedian.
i wonder why he cannot just try to communicate in simple english like an educated person (which i assume he is).
In addition all these sycophantic praises directed towards Seun makes my skin crawl.
I just wonder if this Kosovo chap expects any sane person to take him serious with such sycophantic butt licking comments.
Re: Moderator's Year End Comments by kosovo(m): 1:21pm On Dec 31, 2009
mbulela:

i wonder why he cannot just try to communicate in simple english like an educated person (which i assume he is).
In addition all these sycophantic praises directed towards Seun makes my skin crawl.
I just wonder if this Kosovo chap expects any sane person to take him serious with such sycophantic butt licking comments.

I am not a comedian,  i have equally changed the name due to various outcries,
Re: Moderator's Year End Comments by mbulela: 1:48pm On Dec 31, 2009
thanks for considering our comments.
Listening is a humble virtue that is often overlooked.
If only your Seun chap had such a virtue.
Happy new Year,Kosovo and all the regulars on this forum.
May the new year bring better tidings.
Re: Moderator's Year End Comments by kosovo(m): 1:55pm On Dec 31, 2009
mbulela:

thanks for considering our comments.
Listening is a humble virtue that is often overlooked.
If only your Seun chap had such a virtue.
Happy new Year,Kosovo and all the regulars on this forum.
May the new year bring better tidings.
Thanks very much cheesy
Re: Moderator's Year End Comments by illusion2: 2:11pm On Dec 31, 2009
Please explain waht it means for a topic to be 'stickied' undecided
Re: Moderator's Year End Comments by kosovo(m): 2:24pm On Dec 31, 2009
illusion2:

Please explain waht it means for a topic to be 'stickied' undecided
It means that the Topic would remain on very top of all topics in a Board, Something like if Gum is sicked to a clothes, it would remain there pending evisceration or Discharge! U grab? wink
Re: Moderator's Year End Comments by Nobody: 2:28pm On Dec 31, 2009
kosovo:

It means that the Topic would remain on very top of all topics in a Board, Something like if Gum is sicked to a clothes, it would remain there pending evisceration or Discharge! U grab? wink

oh,ok cheesy
Re: Moderator's Year End Comments by ElRazur: 3:04pm On Dec 31, 2009
mbulela:

Butt licking is the least of your worries. I stopped taking him serious the moment he was encouraging spam, duplicate threads and whipping up further divisions. Oh you just get in a heated debate with someone help bent on posting crap upon crap that is clear for all to see, only for Kosovo abuse his position by using it to send questionable private messages to such individual who is posting crap.

Seriously, what kind of moderator promotes rebellion and animosity on a forum? What kind of moderator encourages spam and I.diotic posters?

His attempt to be intellectual I can deal with, but his constant butt kissing of seun and failure to be effective is just one of the many reasons why he is the George Bush of the moderating team. Grade A clown.
Re: Moderator's Year End Comments by kosovo(m): 3:19pm On Dec 31, 2009
ElRazur:

Butt licking is the least of your worries. I stopped taking him serious the moment he was encouraging spam, duplicate threads and whipping up further divisions. Oh you just get in a heated debate with someone help bent on posting crap upon crap that is clear for all to see, only for Kosovo abuse his position by using it to send questionable private messages to such individual who is posting crap.

Your statements In bold is very ridiculous, ludicrous and besotted. There are a number of people here i send private messages to. The use of Private messages is to make effective communication with Members without any interference whatsoever. Unfortunately i Can't tell you the content of the message because it's private and i am pretty sure we can leave it that way. All Private messages sent are aimed towards the effectiveness of the section. Anyone who has received such messages can affirm it to be true. The Thread in question is no longer in the Politics section as it has longed been moved to the appropriate Section.

Seriously, what kind of moderator promotes rebellion and animosity on a forum? What kind of moderator encourages spam and I.diotic posters?
No Doubts,  I am sure that there are alot of people who would disagree with you on this,  smiley

His attempt to be intellectual I can deal with, but his constant butt kissing of seun and[b] failure to be effective is just one of the many reasons why he is the George Bush of the moderating team.[/b] Grade A clown.
     shocked what is your definition of Effectiveness? wink
Re: Moderator's Year End Comments by ElRazur: 4:38pm On Dec 31, 2009
kosovo:

Your statements In bold is very ridiculous, ludicrous and besotted. There are a number of people here i send private messages to. The use of Private messages is to make effective communication with Members without any interference whatsoever. Unfortunately i Can't tell you the content of the message because it's private and i am pretty sure we can leave it that way. All Private messages sent are aimed towards the effectiveness of the section. Anyone who has received such messages can affirm it to be true. The Thread in question is no longer in the Politics section as it has longed been moved to the appropriate Section.

No it isnt. You seem to forget that your buddy made a comment that suggested that your PM was a sort of encouragement to him. When clever legs are walking, always remember that clever eyes are watching. It really do not take a genius to figure you out.

See above, I am not interested in the content, but it is not hard for anyone to make their mind up as a result of the action of your buddy. That is my opinion, that is my view and I'm sticking to it.

Another reason why you suck at moderating. Why move a bickering thread when it can be locked and deleted? You remember when I asked you what powers your wield as a moderators, I have noticed a few simple matters around here that on other forums would have been sorted with a few clicks, but with you, it appears to take forever. You know, that is part of the ineffectiveness about you I am talking about.

Again I am asking you, hopefully you will have the guts to answer this time. What privileges are available to you as a mod? You know, what are the options available to you when a spam thread or threads downgrading the quality around here needs to be removed? From the way I see it, it appears you are noting but another ineffective mod like your predecessor.

kosovo:

No Doubts,  I am sure that there are alot of people who would disagree with you on this,  smiley
     shocked what is your definition of Effectiveness? wink

Yeah, you are right on that one. Only people that share your mentality. You know, the kind of mentality that is clearly not doing enough on the section that you are supposed to be effective. Yeah those kind of people will disagree. You see, it is their palaver, their prerogative, their problem, not mine. In other words, disagree all you want but my points and observations are valid. smiley
Re: Moderator's Year End Comments by kosovo(m): 4:53pm On Dec 31, 2009
ElRazur:

No it isnt. You seem to forget that your buddy made a comment that suggested that your PM was a sort of encouragement to him. When clever legs are walking, always remember that clever eyes are watching. It really do not take a genius to figure you out.

See above, I am not interested in the content, but it is not hard for anyone to make their mind up as a result of the action of your buddy. That is my opinion, that is my view and I'm sticking to it.

Another reason why you suck at moderating. Why move a bickering thread when it can be locked and deleted? You remember when I asked you what powers your wield as a moderators, I have noticed a few simple matters around here that on other forums would have been sorted with a few clicks, but with you, it appears to take forever. You know, that is part of the ineffectiveness about you I am talking about.

Again I am asking you, hopefully you will have the guts to answer this time. What privileges are available to you as a mod? You know, what are the options available to you when a spam thread or threads downgrading the quality around here needs to be removed? From the way I see it, it appears you are noting but another ineffective mod like your predecessor.

You can stick to whatever, But you are are sticking to is completing out of cognitive content.
Re: Moderator's Year End Comments by ElRazur: 5:04pm On Dec 31, 2009
kosovo:

You can stick to whatever,  But you are are sticking to is completing out of cognitive content.

I am not the type to rip into people for trying to come across as an intellect, educated, well spoken etc. But do you even have any idea what you are talking about? You know, intelligence is not all about trying to use big words to convince or "dabaru" your readers on a forum. But in some ways, intelligence can be measured in how you conduct yourself as a moderator. . . . . I am afraid, it leaves room for a lot to be desired.

You know, they say it is best to keep silent and let people assume that one is a fool, than to talk and remove all doubts. Your statements above removed all the doubts.

I asked you several questions, but you appear to have chicken out, and instead post some lame comments. Seriously, with approach like yours, I am questioning how seun managed to appoint you as a moderator. No offence, but YOU suck at it.

Here is another reason why you are not effective. The thread here [see link] have nothing to do with politics, yet it appears to have gone into two pages and still open. Remember when I said I can do better than you? Thread like this should not even be allowed in the first place. But it appears you are a puppet, and until your strings are pulled by your master, you are nothing but a lame duck. smiley

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-70646.64.html#msg5224882

PS
I posted in it to prove a point.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ndidi Okereke-onyiuke: Haba Madam ! ! ! ! / Jimoh Vs Mimiko: We Will Burn Ondo Down Literally-jimoh / “i’d Rather Bomb Aso Rock Than Have My Children As Slaves -ikechukwu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.