Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,747 members, 7,820,583 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

N A I R A HOST Problem - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / N A I R A HOST Problem (1168 Views)

Factors To Consider When Choosing A Host Service Provider. / N A I R A Host: Nigerian Style / N a i r a host Suitable For Hosting Or Not (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

N A I R A HOST Problem by mtam(m): 5:47pm On Dec 30, 2009
has any1 ever used  www.N A I R A Host.com   I HAVE Problems
Can't login thru my FTP and cpanel after a week. my payment was confirmed and my hosting and domain details was sent to me. but up till this moment i can't login to my cpanel using my domain name,  i got a link from my account on N A I R A host and it lead to my cpanel but it was thru my user IP not with my domain name,
Re: N A I R A HOST Problem by DualCore1: 6:31pm On Dec 30, 2009
The IP you were given belongs to the server that is being shared by your domain and any others being hosted. You can use that IP when your domain hasn't resolved to the nameserver its pointing to. Once your domain has resolved, you can use your domain str8 up. i.e yourdomain.com:2082 or yourdomain.com/cpanel

In theory it takes 48-72 hours for domain resolution/propagation. It takes a lot less in practice.

Raise a support ticket at the website of the concerned host.

When you have problems like this, dont rush here creating threads. May be putting your hosting provider in an unnecessary bad light.

Create a ticket or call the hot line on the site if there's any. If you problem doesn't get solved (very unlikely but possible), check if your host provider has a money back policy smiley
Re: N A I R A HOST Problem by DualCore1: 6:40pm On Dec 30, 2009
Just did a Domain Lookup.
1. Domain Name Lookup

Congratulations, your domain name is available!
Click the continue button to proceed with this domain name. Add additional domain names to your order by selecting or searching again.

********media.com   

All I can say with no sentiments attached now is that your hosting provider may have hosted your site on their server but have certainly not registered the domain. The domain is still very available for me or anyone who wants to buy it.

OR
Maybe you gave a wrong domain in your post.

Editted
Re: N A I R A HOST Problem by mtam(m): 6:46pm On Dec 30, 2009
@Dual core
Thanx u very much u just gave me a relief because it was really frustrating because their hotline wasn't going thru and my ticket wasn't replied,
i hope it is resolved soon.
i wld give u a feedback later
The domain i gave is correct
and once again thank u and 4 the call
Re: N A I R A HOST Problem by DualCore1: 6:52pm On Dec 30, 2009
Yea hope its resolved before i make up my mind to buy that domain. And sell it to them or you for 10 times the cost tongue

Lol, I'm joking.

Lol, i'm not joking! smiley
Re: N A I R A HOST Problem by mtam(m): 7:20pm On Dec 30, 2009
@ Dual Core PLsssssssssssssssss that domain plllllllllllssssssssss remove it off the post pllllllllllllssssssssss,
THe reason why i made the post was that, i got a mail saying my domain was ready but it seems it isn't ready.
i tried loging into my ftp using my user ip in place of the domain but i made no suxes

Are u saying that if i buy the domain from another hosting company and direct nameservers everything would be alright in about 48-72hours
but i should wait 4 N A I R A host, till i get them thru on phone
Re: N A I R A HOST Problem by Afam(m): 7:27pm On Dec 30, 2009
mtam:

Are u saying that if i buy the domain from another hosting company and direct nameservers everything would be alright in about 48-72hours

Yes.
Re: N A I R A HOST Problem by DualCore1: 8:19pm On Dec 30, 2009
mtam:

@ Dual Core PLsssssssssssssssss that domain plllllllllllssssssssss remove it off the post pllllllllllllssssssssss,
THe reason why i made the post was that, i got a mail saying my domain was ready but it seems it isn't ready.
i tried loging into my ftp using my user ip in place of the domain but i made no suxes

Simple, they lied to you. EOD.

mtam:

How would you know what nameservers to use?

mtam:

i should wait 4 N A I R A host, till i get them thru on phone
All the best smiley
Re: N A I R A HOST Problem by mtam(m): 8:50pm On Dec 30, 2009
THanks
Re: N A I R A HOST Problem by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jan 02, 2010
Kayode Muyibi it is irresponsible, wicked and unprofessional for you and your team at nairahost.com to "ignore" my requests for this long (since December 23rd!).

1) the link http://nairahost.com/domaincp/ is no longer valid and i can't see any details on my hosting plan or domain name under my Client Area upon logging into nairahost.com thus preventing me from having full access/control of my site

2) my express in domain renewal has been sadly ignored

3) while i appreciate the fact that it is not easy running a web hosting firm the downtimes on my site (traedays.com) have been a litle too frequent of late. all this while nairahost.com and kayodemuyibi.com have remained up 24/7. i'm willing to pay if it'll correct this flaw.

Everybody deserves a right to ask questions and be answered. if you are having challenges kindly let me know. Relationships are built on trust, reliability and mutual respect. suffice it to say these experiences has left me bitterly dissappointed by your actions.
Re: N A I R A HOST Problem by Nobody: 12:01am On Jan 05, 2010
the problem here is that your domain name has not been register my friend experience the same problem from nairahost
Re: N A I R A HOST Problem by DualCore1: 9:23pm On Jan 06, 2010
mtam, the post u just made that is being blocked by the anti spam bot at the moment. raise a support ticket with your hosting provider.

This doesn't make sense. You pay someone for something and I or any other person will start taking up the responsibility of that person.
Raise a support ticket.

(1) (Reply)

Having Problems Sending Bulk Sms To Mtn Numbers? / The New nairaland and it's Negative effect on your website / Hacked Again!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.