Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,464 members, 7,819,689 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:07 PM

3 Facts About Vehicle Window Tint Permit In Nigeria - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 3 Facts About Vehicle Window Tint Permit In Nigeria (33890 Views)

Question On Tint Permit / Online Police Tint Permit / 2 Ways To Obtain A Tint Permit For Your Vehicle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Facts About Vehicle Window Tint Permit In Nigeria by feekman(m): 1:41pm On Apr 12, 2017
They requested for 20k after all the medical capturing etc
Re: 3 Facts About Vehicle Window Tint Permit In Nigeria by hardbody: 1:41pm On Apr 12, 2017
Not sure I need it. When I get to a check Point, they size me up and greet me, good afternoon sir. I ask them, how is your beat, before i get a response, i continue, you boys are doing a good job. Carry on....

But i might just get in case I do interstate, which I hardly do now anyways.

1 Like

Re: 3 Facts About Vehicle Window Tint Permit In Nigeria by hardbody: 1:44pm On Apr 12, 2017
Sparkle777:

Haahaahaahaa, true. My contact is from force hqters but I paid and ppl I brought to him equally paid 10k. If u stay within Abj and need one,just holla me.
It's only free on paper.

I may work with you on this offer.
Re: 3 Facts About Vehicle Window Tint Permit In Nigeria by Riddler32: 1:59pm On Apr 12, 2017
gayman99:

Yeah it free. I got mine free within 1 month. Just go to the police office with the printout slip and original documents of your vehicle. Chasis number will be confirmed to make sure the vehicle belongs to you. After that your biometric details will be captured. That is all.

You check online from time to time to see if the document is ready. When ever it's ready just go there and pick it up. It is absolutely free.

During the period of wait, did you park your vehicle?
Re: 3 Facts About Vehicle Window Tint Permit In Nigeria by beezman(m): 2:01pm On Apr 12, 2017
I paid 5000 to get the new one at commissioner's office in Umuahia,I still have the old one.

1 Like

Re: 3 Facts About Vehicle Window Tint Permit In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:09pm On Apr 12, 2017
`

1 Like

Re: 3 Facts About Vehicle Window Tint Permit In Nigeria by Hizzojay(m): 2:09pm On Apr 12, 2017
fmarshal:
If tint permit is free, then bail is also free cos the Nigerian Police is your friend. undecided
You nailed it!
Re: 3 Facts About Vehicle Window Tint Permit In Nigeria by iamkingzlee(m): 2:13pm On Apr 12, 2017
So almost all on that first page ride in a tinted vehicle undecided
Re: 3 Facts About Vehicle Window Tint Permit In Nigeria by Adeevah(m): 2:26pm On Apr 12, 2017
Thanks for this post but I've an important question to ask here

I have a Nissan xterra2006 jeep with tinted that came directly with it from the factory

I have a certificate/permit from the police headquarters and i've been using that for more than 3years now...

I've never been stopped by the police, roadsafety, VIO or lastma before

Do I really need to go for the new permit?
I bought the SUV and I didn't process the change of name due to the cost and the fact that I like the plate number...what will be the consequence if it is not my name registered for the vehicle?
Re: 3 Facts About Vehicle Window Tint Permit In Nigeria by gayman99: 2:29pm On Apr 12, 2017
Riddler32:

During the period of wait, did you park your vehicle?

No. I didn't.
Re: 3 Facts About Vehicle Window Tint Permit In Nigeria by gayman99: 2:35pm On Apr 12, 2017
Adeevah:

I have a Nissan xterra2006 jeep with tinted that came directly with it from the factory

I have a certificate/permit from the police headquarters and i've been using that for more than 3years now...

Yeah. You need to. The new one carries your picture. This makes it different from the old one.

Re: 3 Facts About Vehicle Window Tint Permit In Nigeria by kolaa007(m): 2:44pm On Apr 12, 2017
I fall under this category the car am driving is not registered to my name it's was registered in my uncles name and now his out if the country how do I go about the capturing? Is there a way around it?[quote author=gayman99 post=55505464][/quote]
Re: 3 Facts About Vehicle Window Tint Permit In Nigeria by kolaa007(m): 2:47pm On Apr 12, 2017
Pls who ever has completed theirs should snap and let us see but pls crop out your details oo for security reasons
Re: 3 Facts About Vehicle Window Tint Permit In Nigeria by 3kay945(m): 2:52pm On Apr 12, 2017
Tint permit dey expire? What do you guys mean by new tint permit again?! Am not understanding pls

1 Like

Re: 3 Facts About Vehicle Window Tint Permit In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:00pm On Apr 12, 2017
good day just bought a 2003 pathfinder jeep it's tint is factory fitted how do I go about getting the permit. I reside in Owerri
Re: 3 Facts About Vehicle Window Tint Permit In Nigeria by collab: 3:06pm On Apr 12, 2017
I have the print out from computer but I can't stand the queue at police college Ikeja. I hope no offence if I show the print out to police on demand?
Re: 3 Facts About Vehicle Window Tint Permit In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:10pm On Apr 12, 2017
If my car is not factory tint, i can't go through the stress of getting pulled over almost everywhere by police to ask for the yeye permit

9japolice and tinted vehicle b lyke 5&6.

When 9japolice see tinted vehicle

4 Likes

Re: 3 Facts About Vehicle Window Tint Permit In Nigeria by gayman99: 3:15pm On Apr 12, 2017
kolaa007:
I fall under this category the car am driving is not registered to my name it's was registered in my uncles name and now his out if the country how do I go about the capturing? Is there a way around it?

It's best you leave it like that. There is nothing the men in black can't say. They may say it's a case of impersonation.
Re: 3 Facts About Vehicle Window Tint Permit In Nigeria by newspostng(m): 3:27pm On Apr 12, 2017
free but you have to be on queue for a whole week to get it in lagos

CLICK HERE TO LAST LONG IN BED, WATCH HOW PRO DO IT
Re: 3 Facts About Vehicle Window Tint Permit In Nigeria by paragraph: 5:36pm On Apr 12, 2017
Pls to those who have done theirs, is it compulsory to have national I.d card (NIN) before being able to register for d tinted permit or can I just do it with any other valid id I.e. intl passport
Re: 3 Facts About Vehicle Window Tint Permit In Nigeria by nemynely(m): 6:01pm On Apr 12, 2017
Sparkle777:

Haahaahaahaa, true. My contact is from force hqters but I paid and ppl I brought to him equally paid 10k. If u stay within Abj and need one,just holla me.
It's only free on paper.

It's really free! Nigerians & sharp-sharp mentality (somebody help me wit zuma's double forefinger gesture)!
Go on line & get it done, then proceed to d state force hq for FREE capturing.
If u parted wit any sum of money, just know u hav been scammed.
Once again, it's all free! Time & patience are all u need
Re: 3 Facts About Vehicle Window Tint Permit In Nigeria by AutoJoshNG: 7:24pm On Apr 12, 2017
paragraph:
Pls to those who have done theirs, is it compulsory to have national I.d card (NIN) before being able to register for d tinted permit or can I just do it with any other valid id I.e. intl passport

The national ID is not compulsory.

1 Like

Re: 3 Facts About Vehicle Window Tint Permit In Nigeria by GREATWILLIAMS: 7:27pm On Apr 12, 2017
paragraph:

National I'd is optional, but you should go to the police command with a valid means of identification. like driver's license.

1 Like

Re: 3 Facts About Vehicle Window Tint Permit In Nigeria by AutoJoshNG: 7:27pm On Apr 12, 2017
3kay945:
Tint permit dey expire? What do you guys mean by new tint permit again?! Am not understanding pls

It was changed from the manually generated one to digital one which comes with photo capturing and biometrics

1 Like

Re: 3 Facts About Vehicle Window Tint Permit In Nigeria by Chuknovski(m): 7:32pm On Apr 12, 2017
I paid #5000, got my picture on it
Re: 3 Facts About Vehicle Window Tint Permit In Nigeria by AutoJoshNG: 7:37pm On Apr 12, 2017
Adeevah:

I bought the SUV and I didn't process the change of name due to the cost and the fact that I like the plate number...what will be the consequence if it is not my name registered for the vehicle?

Some people still rugged the change of name issue and old tint permit. The chances of being disturbed within the state you reside is lower than when you embark on a long road trip. However, it is safer and more ideal to have your documents up to date.
Re: 3 Facts About Vehicle Window Tint Permit In Nigeria by maikant(m): 8:42pm On Apr 12, 2017
I paid 7k. And got mine in one day in bauchi
Re: 3 Facts About Vehicle Window Tint Permit In Nigeria by 3kay945(m): 10:27pm On Apr 12, 2017
AutoJoshNG:

It was changed from the manually generated one to digital one which comes with photo capturing and biometrics

What! So the one I have is obsolete Hmm ,. Thanks ,
Re: 3 Facts About Vehicle Window Tint Permit In Nigeria by 3kay945(m): 10:32pm On Apr 12, 2017
How much is this done at Ikeja command?
Re: 3 Facts About Vehicle Window Tint Permit In Nigeria by Greyman11(m): 12:13am On Apr 13, 2017
stagger:
Got mine from Force HQ in Abuja without paying a dime. Officers were very professional in their job too.
hope u know that bail is also free in Abuja?.. Over here in d east,tins are not the same
Re: 3 Facts About Vehicle Window Tint Permit In Nigeria by atilla(m): 12:44am On Apr 13, 2017
Funny question. Cars that have tinted windows at the back only. Do they need tint permit also?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

7 Fuel-efficient Cars To Buy / 2016 Mercedes-Benz S550: A Review Of Olowo Eko, Oba Akinolu's Official Car / 2018 Range Rover Gets A Facelift And Dashlift (photos And Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.