Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,705 members, 7,816,892 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

3 Facts About Vehicle Window Tint Permit In Nigeria - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 3 Facts About Vehicle Window Tint Permit In Nigeria (33882 Views)

Question On Tint Permit / Online Police Tint Permit / 2 Ways To Obtain A Tint Permit For Your Vehicle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Facts About Vehicle Window Tint Permit In Nigeria by stagger: 7:52am On Apr 13, 2017
Look let me state it very clearly here.

ASP Arowolo, the officer in charge of the IT unit that does the capture and issuance of permits in Force HQ in Abuja, stated on an AIT program that the process of obtaining the new tinted permit does not involve payment of any money. I filled the form online with my particulars for all my vehicles, went to Force HQ at Louis Edet House, cleared security, went to the 7th floor where the procedure is done, got my biometrics done and left.

Went back a few weeks later and collected my tinted permits. No money exchanged hands and the officers were very cordial. We were even discussing some topical national issues as the process was ongoing. They are all young, well educated university graduates like us wey come join police and are running their IT unit.

You do not need to pay a dime to anyone if you are in Abuja. Fill the forms online, go to Force HQ and get your permit for FREE!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Facts About Vehicle Window Tint Permit In Nigeria by AutoJoshNG: 10:42am On Apr 13, 2017
atilla:
Funny question. Cars that have tinted windows at the back only. Do they need tint permit also?

Sure
Re: 3 Facts About Vehicle Window Tint Permit In Nigeria by soffyB: 3:55pm On Apr 13, 2017
@AUTOJOSHNG, thanks for this info !
Re: 3 Facts About Vehicle Window Tint Permit In Nigeria by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 5:41pm On Apr 13, 2017
Tint permit?

Biometrics?

Biometrics for tint?

I just hate my country at times. What sort of insanity is this?

I will never do it, never!!!

This country is sick and cursed.

So I will do biometrics in order to ride around in my car that came tinted from the factory?

God please heal this nation

3 Likes

Re: 3 Facts About Vehicle Window Tint Permit In Nigeria by flecho: 8:11am On Apr 14, 2017
atilla:
Funny question. Cars that have tinted windows at the back only. Do they need tint permit also?

No u don't need as it serves as sunshade, only passenger door glass do require
Re: 3 Facts About Vehicle Window Tint Permit In Nigeria by 3kay945(m): 12:34am On Apr 15, 2017
flecho:

No u don't need as it serves as sunshade, only passenger door glass do require

Are you serious?

1 Like

Re: 3 Facts About Vehicle Window Tint Permit In Nigeria by joeokoriem: 5:58pm On Aug 23, 2018
Please how do I get a federal medical report to use a non-factory tinted. Mine is not factory tinted. Please any useful info should contact me on 08034895737
Thanks.
Re: 3 Facts About Vehicle Window Tint Permit In Nigeria by Mikkylounge: 5:58am On Aug 24, 2018
I thought they said we don't need tinted permit anymore..well, it's true. I got mine 5 years ago, and i still have it, it doesn't expire! I have not been stopped in years and my car has deep factory tinted windows!
Re: 3 Facts About Vehicle Window Tint Permit In Nigeria by joeokoriem: 9:43am On Aug 24, 2018
joeokoriem:
Please how do I get a federal medical report to use a non-factory tinted. Mine is not factory tinted. Please any useful info should contact me on 08034895737
Thanks.
any contact?
Re: 3 Facts About Vehicle Window Tint Permit In Nigeria by blustone(m): 10:51am On Nov 09, 2018
alt3r3g0:
At Ikeja its not free...

...That's why it will take naija a very long time to move forward. The people have been oppressed so long that they will take sides with their oppressors (while still being oppressed) to oppress other people fighting for a change.

If 1 million people pay 1000, thats a billion naira off the records.

You are one of the few rare Nigerians.
If only more pple will stand their grounds like you, the oppressors go fear fear.

I'm going to do mine today, I no ready to pay oh!

I'll share feedback here...
Re: 3 Facts About Vehicle Window Tint Permit In Nigeria by Talk2iyfy: 7:33pm On Nov 27, 2018
I just did mine today 27/11/2018 and collected immediately. Force headquarters Abuja is where to go. You can show appreciation voluntarily. It's absolutely free
Re: 3 Facts About Vehicle Window Tint Permit In Nigeria by JAYUK(m): 4:26am On Nov 28, 2018
Please what if you bought a used car that already has the new permit in the owners name,are you meant to do another tint permit.
Re: 3 Facts About Vehicle Window Tint Permit In Nigeria by Godson213: 5:46pm On Nov 28, 2018
Pls if someone wants to do a tinted permit in Ibadan does he have to go to Force HQ in Abuja or go any police station around??

Please reply me on this someone
Re: 3 Facts About Vehicle Window Tint Permit In Nigeria by ospreywin(m): 11:04pm On Feb 03, 2019
you can get your Tinted Permit in Lagos hassle free with a small fee. call or whatsapp 08144476474
Re: 3 Facts About Vehicle Window Tint Permit In Nigeria by ospreywin(m): 8:59pm On Apr 13, 2019
HOW TO CONFIRM THE GENUINENESS OF YOUR TINT PERMIT
Getting a tint permit is one thing and getting the original one is another thing entirely, there are several ways you can confirm your tinted glass permit if it's fake or not:
1. BARCODE: Original tint permit do comes with a barcode printed on it which carries your informations like name of owner, vehicle registration, chassis number, make of vehicle... If you get a permit without these informations correlating with your registered informations then it's fake!
2. VERIFICATION PORTAL: There's always a link on the barcode below your informations which will redirect you to your verification portal, copy the link and paste in your browser to verify your application status. This way you're sure it's original permit but if the link doesn't work then it's fake.
3. SIGNATURE: Sometimes it's always confusing to know if you're holding an original document in Nigeria cos fake ones always look better and appealing than the original, check the signature on your permit if it's fainted or bold... Fainted signatures shows they are scanned and edited which is likely to be a fake one but the bold and vibrant means it is authentic.
4. APPLICATION ID: During the pre-registration, you will be issued an application Id to log in to your portal with your email, if you still have the application Id and mail you can use that to verify your permit but since the print out is done at the force headquarter also, this might be challenging.
These are the ways you can verify your permits.. If you need a tint permit stress and hassle free, you can whatsapp or call 08144476474
Re: 3 Facts About Vehicle Window Tint Permit In Nigeria by Afokeoghen: 12:14pm On Apr 25, 2019
Unfortunately, I was just turned back right now. I took the Tint Permit Application print out there; Eleyele Area Command, Ibadan. The light complexion lady officer handed back my print out after I responded that I understood it is free to her 'So, bring the N10,000'.

She murmured under her breath that I should go and wait for the free. She said did i expect her to process one for me with her salary..

I was like 'Really!!'.

I don't know what next to do..
Re: 3 Facts About Vehicle Window Tint Permit In Nigeria by ospreywin(m): 10:24am On Apr 28, 2019
Afokeoghen:
Unfortunately, I was just turned back right now. I took the Tint Permit Application print out there; Eleyele Area Command, Ibadan. The light complexion lady officer handed back my print out after I responded that I understood it is free to her 'So, bring the N10,000'.

She murmured under her breath that I should go and wait for the free. She said did i expect her to process one for me with her salary..

I was like 'Really!!'.

Shebi you know that bail is free. If you don't understand that sarcasm ehn... Contact me for your tint permit at a cheap price stress free within few days on 08144476474
Re: 3 Facts About Vehicle Window Tint Permit In Nigeria by 9icetoo(m): 10:47am On Apr 28, 2019
Afokeoghen:

I was like 'Really!!'.

Don't relent. Go back dome other time. Someone else may be there. Alternatively, ask to speak to her superior. I did mine without paying a dime
Re: 3 Facts About Vehicle Window Tint Permit In Nigeria by dinodangana(m): 7:33am On May 09, 2019
Hi, please in which station did you do yours in kaduna?
gayman99:
I did mine in Kaduna. It is free and the officers there are nice and friendly. It starts 9 am every day.
Re: 3 Facts About Vehicle Window Tint Permit In Nigeria by gayman99: 10:36pm On May 09, 2019
dinodangana:
Hi, please in which station did you do yours in kaduna?

Police headquarters at Independence way. The office is in the barracks. When you get there ask any police man on duty.
Re: 3 Facts About Vehicle Window Tint Permit In Nigeria by dinodangana(m): 10:54pm On May 09, 2019
Thanks bro
gayman99:

Police headquarters at Independence way. The office is in the barracks. When you get there ask any police man on duty.
Re: 3 Facts About Vehicle Window Tint Permit In Nigeria by Bettycars(m): 12:23am On May 10, 2019
AutoJoshNG:
Tint permit is one document which is always used to nail drivers at checkpoints.. Infact, it is a major asset to the officers on duty.

These 3 basic facts will come handy if you really need to process a tint permit:

You can use the permit for non factory tint (Nylon tint)
It is true that tint permit is only for factory tinted windows. However, you can still get the permit if you have reasons to use the nylon tint. All you need is a report from a Federal Medical Centre stating why you need protection from the sun rays e.g.. skin allergies, eye issues etc. With this medical report at hand, you will have zero delay at police checkpoints.

It is free
Did you just pay N10k, N15k or N20k for your vehicle tint permit? It is actually free and the procedure can be seen via the link http://www.npf.gov.ng/tinted/

Online application is now available
The application for tint permit has become pretty easy. All you need to do is visit the website of the police force and follow the prompt.. http://www.npf.gov.ng/tinted/ . However, you still have to visit a police command office for capturing and biometrics.

Did you just process your vehicle tint permit? Kindly give us some more facts in the comment section.

https://autojosh.com/vehicle-window-tint-permit/

Timely
Re: 3 Facts About Vehicle Window Tint Permit In Nigeria by chimejerry: 10:57am On May 19, 2019
Hello sir, how do i go about mine. i have done the online registration and i have the print out now. what documents should i have bring along when going to umuahia for capturing cos my car isnt factory tinted
Riddler32:

During the period of wait, did you park your vehicle?
Re: 3 Facts About Vehicle Window Tint Permit In Nigeria by chimejerry: 11:00am On May 19, 2019
Hello sir, how do i go about mine. i have done the online registration and i have the print out now. what documents should i bring along when going to umuahia for the capturing cos my car isnt factory tinted. How about the medical report? Can i get in the command there[
beezman:
I paid 5000 to get the new one at commissioner's office in Umuahia,I still have the old one.
Re: 3 Facts About Vehicle Window Tint Permit In Nigeria by JAYUK(m): 11:36am On May 19, 2019
Please what if you bought a used car that already has the new E permit in the owners name,are you meant to do another tint permit.
I have asked this question twice here, please some one knowledgeable should respond.
Re: 3 Facts About Vehicle Window Tint Permit In Nigeria by gayman99: 11:51am On May 19, 2019
JAYUK:
Please what if you bought a used car that already has the new E permit in the owners name,are you meant to do another tint permit.
I have asked this question twice here, please some one knowledgeable should respond.

No. The document is still intact. But you have to add the change of ownership documents to your vehicle particulars

1 Like

Re: 3 Facts About Vehicle Window Tint Permit In Nigeria by JAYUK(m): 12:53pm On May 19, 2019
Thanks for the info,am relieved now,police keep harassing people about Tint permit.
Re: 3 Facts About Vehicle Window Tint Permit In Nigeria by UcGadaz(m): 11:14am On Jul 28, 2019
Mine is kind of complicated. I processed a tinted permit for a relative but he couldn't do the biometric capture before he travelled out.
Now I need to bring the car back home from a different state , I don't know whether the online print out can get me through the numerous checkpoints.
Re: 3 Facts About Vehicle Window Tint Permit In Nigeria by opsy83: 5:18am On Dec 16, 2019
Hopefully I will get mine too soon.
Re: 3 Facts About Vehicle Window Tint Permit In Nigeria by ignis: 2:12pm On Apr 23, 2021
Please is the tinted permit still thesame process ?
Re: 3 Facts About Vehicle Window Tint Permit In Nigeria by ospreywin(m): 2:46pm On Apr 25, 2021
Tinted permit
Re: 3 Facts About Vehicle Window Tint Permit In Nigeria by MrCarter577(m): 1:26pm On Jul 09, 2021
JAYUK:
Thanks for the info,am relieved now,police keep harassing people about Tint permit.

Hi, have you been stopped by the police for using the sellers tint permit? I'm in the same situation right now, and I'm about to take my tinted off.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

7 Fuel-efficient Cars To Buy / 2016 Mercedes-Benz S550: A Review Of Olowo Eko, Oba Akinolu's Official Car / 2018 Range Rover Gets A Facelift And Dashlift (photos And Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.