Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

We Want To Bring Down Unemployment By Creating Over 15m Jobs – FG - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / We Want To Bring Down Unemployment By Creating Over 15m Jobs – FG (12715 Views)

774,000 Jobs: FG Retains 15% Slot Allocation To Ministers, Governors, Others / N-power Jobs: FG Has Appointed Focal Persons For 36 States Including Lagos – Pre / Where Are The 200,000 Graduate Jobs FG Promised To Create Before End Of October? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Want To Bring Down Unemployment By Creating Over 15m Jobs – FG by Nobody: 2:43pm On Apr 12, 2017
The Federal Government plans to provide at least 15 million jobs for Nigerians by the year 2020 as captured in the recently launched Economic Recovery and Growth Plan (ERGP).
The Minister of Budget and National Planning, Sen. Udoma Udo Udoma, gave the assurance at a news conference on ERGP on Tuesday in Abuja.
Udo Udoma
Udoma said that the implementation of the plan would deliver some key outcomes including generation of at least 10 gigawatt of electricity by 2020.
The government, he said, want to bring down the rate of unemployment by creating over 15 million direct jobs by 2020 in agriculture, manufacturing, construction, services and particularly among the youth.
The manufacturing sector is to grow at average of 8.5 per cent, peaking 10.6 per cent by 2020.
“We want agriculture to also grow by 6.9 per cent over the Plan period; we want self-sufficiency in rice and wheat 2018 and 2020 at the end of the plan period.
“We want 60 per cent reduction in imports of refined petroleum products by 2018 and to become a net exporter of refined crude by 2020.
“We expect an average of 4.6 per cent average real GDP (Gross Domestic Growth) growth rate over the Plan period with 7 per cent by 2020; we want to achieve single digit inflation rate by 2020.”
“We want to increase crude oil output from 2.2 million barrel per day (mbpd) to 2.5 mbpd by 2020.
“We want to achieve at 10 gigawatt of operational electricity capacity by 2020.’’
Udoma said that the ERGP evolved from the Strategic Implementation Plan (SIP) which government had been implementing since 2016.
“Already, following the implementation of the SIP, the economy has shown signs of early recovery in the 4th quarter of 2016 as indicated in the recent report released by the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS).
“We need to build on that momentum.
“This Plan, which succeeds the SIP, sets out Government’s economic programmes and strategic interventions over the next four years (2017-2020).
“When implemented, it will put Nigeria back on the path of diversified, inclusive, sustained growth. This is therefore, our blueprint for economic recovery and growth.’’
Udoma further said that the plan would tackle the fundamental problems that held back the progress of the country in the past.
He said the future prosperity rests upon collective support towards effective implementation of the Plan over the next four years.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the ERGP’s projected that Nigeria will make significant progress to achieve structural economic change with a more diversified and inclusive economy in five key areas by 2020.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/04/want-bring-unemployment-creating-15m-jobs-fg/

Re: We Want To Bring Down Unemployment By Creating Over 15m Jobs – FG by pressplay411(m): 3:35pm On Apr 12, 2017
Actions speak way louder than words/plans.
FG should know they lost credibility a long time ago. I mean 1$ is how much now? Cost of goods? etc mk I stop.

38 Likes

Re: We Want To Bring Down Unemployment By Creating Over 15m Jobs – FG by honestivo(m): 3:41pm On Apr 12, 2017
By now we should be talking about actions not plan

9 Likes

Re: We Want To Bring Down Unemployment By Creating Over 15m Jobs – FG by Chiboyz40(m): 4:04pm On Apr 12, 2017
Mtchewww, creating jobs by building residential Estates worth billions of naira n den looking for young men to build it that u'll pay 3-5000?. Coming again to say "2020", no problem sha, we r hopefully hoping.

11 Likes

Re: We Want To Bring Down Unemployment By Creating Over 15m Jobs – FG by ikemesit4477: 7:08pm On Apr 12, 2017
[quote author=africansunite post=55505712]The Federal Government plans to provide at least 15 million jobs for Nigerians by the year 2020 as captured in the recently launched Economic Recovery and Growth Plan (ERGP).
The Minister of Budget and National Planning, Sen. Udoma Udo Udoma, gave the assurance at a news conference on ERGP on Tuesday in Abuja.
Udo Udoma
Udoma said that the implementation of the plan would deliver some key outcomes including generation of at least 10 gigawatt of electricity by 2020.
The government, he said, want to bring down the rate of unemployment by creating over 15 million direct jobs by 2020 in agriculture, manufacturing, construction, services and particularly among the youth.
The manufacturing sector is to grow at average of 8.5 per cent, peaking 10.6 per cent by 2020.
“We want agriculture to also grow by 6.9 per cent over the Plan period; we want self-sufficiency in rice and wheat 2018 and 2020 at the end of the plan period.
“We want 60 per cent reduction in imports of refined petroleum products by 2018 and to become a net exporter of refined crude by 2020.
“We expect an average of 4.6 per cent average real GDP (Gross Domestic Growth) growth rate over the Plan period with 7 per cent by 2020; we want to achieve single digit inflation rate by 2020.”
“We want to increase crude oil output from 2.2 million barrel per day (mbpd) to 2.5 mbpd by 2020.
“We want to achieve at 10 gigawatt of operational electricity capacity by 2020.’’
Udoma said that the ERGP evolved from the Strategic Implementation Plan (SIP) which government had been implementing since 2016.
“Already, following the implementation of the SIP, the economy has shown signs of early recovery in the 4th quarter of 2016 as indicated in the recent report released by the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS).
“We need to build on that momentum.
“This Plan, which succeeds the SIP, sets out Government’s economic programmes and strategic interventions over the next four years (2017-2020).
“When implemented, it will put Nigeria back on the path of diversified, inclusive, sustained growth. This is therefore, our blueprint for economic recovery and growth.’’
Udoma further said that the plan would tackle the fundamental problems that held back the progress of the country in the past.
He said the future prosperity rests upon collective support towards effective implementation of the Plan over the next four years.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the ERGP’s projected that Nigeria will make significant progress to achieve structural economic change with a more diversified and inclusive economy in five key areas by 2020.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/04/want-bring-unemployment-creating-15m-jobs-fg/
[/quote / Thunder go fire these people, common npower they were boosting how they are going to employed 500k, they cannot fulfill their promise!

5 Likes

Re: We Want To Bring Down Unemployment By Creating Over 15m Jobs – FG by GoldenJulius(m): 7:59pm On Apr 12, 2017
Na today
Re: We Want To Bring Down Unemployment By Creating Over 15m Jobs – FG by mantosa(m): 7:27am On Apr 13, 2017
Anyone, I mean anyone who believes pooh from this government should have his or her self to blame. It is just obvious APC weren't ready for leadership. To the youths in the house, try your hands on entrepreneurship if you can.

Check out 7 reasons why you should: http://tushmagazine.com.ng/7-advantages-self-employed/

8 Likes

Re: We Want To Bring Down Unemployment By Creating Over 15m Jobs – FG by Alexis11: 7:27am On Apr 13, 2017
Please create it first and talk later. Haba!!

Which kind government be dis sef

1 Like

Re: We Want To Bring Down Unemployment By Creating Over 15m Jobs – FG by asokid(m): 7:28am On Apr 13, 2017
In Nigeria? grin grin grin
Re: We Want To Bring Down Unemployment By Creating Over 15m Jobs – FG by tstx(m): 7:28am On Apr 13, 2017
Our Government is just using us to play tinko tinko

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Want To Bring Down Unemployment By Creating Over 15m Jobs – FG by Onyeoguego: 7:28am On Apr 13, 2017
SCAM Alert!!

17 Likes

Re: We Want To Bring Down Unemployment By Creating Over 15m Jobs – FG by Mr2kay3: 7:29am On Apr 13, 2017
Lies

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Want To Bring Down Unemployment By Creating Over 15m Jobs – FG by Nobody: 7:29am On Apr 13, 2017
We want

2 Likes

Re: We Want To Bring Down Unemployment By Creating Over 15m Jobs – FG by tonio2wo: 7:29am On Apr 13, 2017
we also want to bring FG down by voting you mofos out!

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: We Want To Bring Down Unemployment By Creating Over 15m Jobs – FG by omenkaLives(m): 7:29am On Apr 13, 2017
Oga government, just yesterday, we read a property worth $500billion was sold for a paltry $1.3billlion, a grand larceny of epic proportions. Before we could fully digest the story we were hit by another Andrew Yakubu-like discovery in Lagos!

Oga government, you can create a trillion jobs for all i care, but if you fail to have some of the persons responsible for these great heists rotting in jail, to me, you are nothing but a total FAILURE! angry

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Want To Bring Down Unemployment By Creating Over 15m Jobs – FG by Nnemuka(f): 7:29am On Apr 13, 2017
We want agriculture to also grow by 6.9 per cent over the Plan period; we want self-sufficiency in rice and wheat 2018 and 2020 at the end of the plan period.
We want 60 per cent reduction in imports of refined petroleum products by 2018 and to become a net exporter of refined crude by 2020.
We want to increase crude oil output from 2.2 million barrel per day (mbpd) to 2.5 mbpd by 2020.
We want to achieve at 10 gigawatt of operational electricity capacity by 2020.’’
We need to build on that momentum.

The only thing i am seeing is "we want to", "we need to" exactly how the cluelessness of buharia landed us in this hardship.
2 years gone and nothing tangible has be done by government except media trials and politicians in the national assembly and presidency entertaining us.
well they can continue with their day dreaming, sooner it will be 2019 and i have my voters card.
Ndi uchu

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Want To Bring Down Unemployment By Creating Over 15m Jobs – FG by yeyeboi(m): 7:29am On Apr 13, 2017
Today Na My Birthday Make Una Show Me 15million Love Jare cheesy grin

18 Likes

Re: We Want To Bring Down Unemployment By Creating Over 15m Jobs – FG by Echelle(m): 7:29am On Apr 13, 2017
make God help us make this plan work... cos I tire for una..
Re: We Want To Bring Down Unemployment By Creating Over 15m Jobs – FG by homirefacuny(m): 7:29am On Apr 13, 2017
Yinmu... Talk talk government

1 Like

Re: We Want To Bring Down Unemployment By Creating Over 15m Jobs – FG by Iceman2017(m): 7:30am On Apr 13, 2017
Stupid APC una don start again

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Want To Bring Down Unemployment By Creating Over 15m Jobs – FG by overhypedsteve(m): 7:30am On Apr 13, 2017
thats good after all the people wey nor get work many pass like that.
Re: We Want To Bring Down Unemployment By Creating Over 15m Jobs – FG by ajalawole(m): 7:30am On Apr 13, 2017
Scam government... sad

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Want To Bring Down Unemployment By Creating Over 15m Jobs – FG by goshen26: 7:30am On Apr 13, 2017
Lie mohd has affected all bubu's cabinet... Han Han!!!
Re: We Want To Bring Down Unemployment By Creating Over 15m Jobs – FG by Princess4ng(f): 7:30am On Apr 13, 2017
Dem try... I think action speaks louder
Re: We Want To Bring Down Unemployment By Creating Over 15m Jobs – FG by lovethchioma(f): 7:30am On Apr 13, 2017
Everytime you are planning to... when will you now take the action? Spend eternity planning... mtchewwww

2 Likes

Re: We Want To Bring Down Unemployment By Creating Over 15m Jobs – FG by AlexCk: 7:31am On Apr 13, 2017
Lai Udoma??

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: We Want To Bring Down Unemployment By Creating Over 15m Jobs – FG by MischiefMaker: 7:31am On Apr 13, 2017
F. G... Una FAAADAAA angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: We Want To Bring Down Unemployment By Creating Over 15m Jobs – FG by Launcher: 7:31am On Apr 13, 2017
Can this people do better than planning and achieving nothing in the end?

2 Likes

Re: We Want To Bring Down Unemployment By Creating Over 15m Jobs – FG by Osasnidas(m): 7:31am On Apr 13, 2017
Till i see a stable economy and electricity.. i might as well go back to sleep and keep dreaming

2 Likes

Re: We Want To Bring Down Unemployment By Creating Over 15m Jobs – FG by Iceman2017(m): 7:32am On Apr 13, 2017
Stupid APC una don start again...

Please if you know any particular job this government has created for the past 2 years, kindly state it here.

At least to clarify others like me that have not seen any good thing from this government...

Government of we will, we shall, we may, etc......

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Want To Bring Down Unemployment By Creating Over 15m Jobs – FG by izzy4shizzy(m): 7:32am On Apr 13, 2017
Hope say no be april fool

All I see na "we want", if na so me ma want become a billionaire before the end of this year

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Ranks And Their Salary Structure / Cyber Security Or A Degree Top Up / Traveling Is My Hobby..i Want A Job That Entails Traveling.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.