Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,050 members, 7,821,615 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

Short Story: Fresher Girl (part 1) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Short Story: Fresher Girl (part 1) (674 Views)

Whose Fault? (betrayal And Revenge) A Short Story / Musings Of A Heartbroken Girl Part 2 / Short Story: Fresher Girl (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Short Story: Fresher Girl (part 1) by RapportNaija(m): 6:26pm On Apr 12, 2017
One shiny sunny morning, sparkling dressed in my best clothes and shoes, my bag crossed on my body, I hopped into a school shutter. I was going to attend a lecture.

Few blocks away from my hostel, this pretty lady came into the bus and sat beside me. I had lived all my campus life on the same street, so I recognise all the pretty faces around me. This was certainly a new face, but I kept my cool. I don't go around looking for pretty faces -my girlfriend at the time was too petite and pretty for that.

I was calm and looked out of the bus for most of the time because I sat close to the window. We were heading close to the campus when she said, "damn, there are too many mentally ill persons around here". I wasn't sure if I should engage her in a conversation or not, but I did.

"Yeah, you are right. And if I may ask, are you new around here? Because I haven't seen your face around here before now," I asked her politely. She reciprocated, and at that moment, I believed I got a potential friend or sidechick.

"Yes, I am a fresher. I squat with my friend for now around. I am going to attend my first lectures," she replied sharply.

Before this conversation, we had both paid for our bus fares respectively. No sane campus guy pay an unknown girl's bus fare, am I right? Who spends money and not want to get value back for it? It isn't a tithe payment.

We had a few more chats, and when we got to the campus and alighted, I was inclined to not losing her. This is a fresher. She is pretty and not yet popular. I am like one of the first old students she's meeting. I weighed my chances and then approached her.

"Where is your lecture room? Can we walk hand-in-hand to your class?"

Read more on http://www.rapportnaija.com/2017/04/short-story-fresher-girl-part-1-written.html

(1) (Reply)

Revenge (kismet) Short Story By Laura Oreva / How To Make Money From Boldscholar.com; Online Book Publishing / 10 Tips For Writing A Love Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.