Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,236 members, 7,815,313 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring (29105 Views)

Religious Leaders Kick Against Security Levies On Churches, Mosques In Oyo / IPOB Protests Against Restructuring In Port-Harcourt (VIDEO) / Yoruba Youths Kick Against Restructuring. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by orisa37: 2:13pm On Apr 14, 2017
enemybulldozer:
You just nailed it my brother kudos​ but the problem is they (citizens) don't reason and that is where they proved Kanu right.

KANU is not better than a Bokoharam. Nigeria belongs to The North, SE and SW as naturally demarcated by Rivers Niger and Benue. Any Northerner you find beyond these rivers to the South has simply trespassed. He or She is just a privileged immigrant and can be prosecuted a Trespasser if he or she misbehaves in Ilorin. Nigery belongs to you and I and the third guy from the third zone.!

1 Like

Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by enemybulldozer(m): 2:28pm On Apr 14, 2017
orisa37:

KANU is not better than a Bokoharam. Nigeria belongs to The North, SE and SW as naturally demarcated by Rivers Niger and Benue. Any Northerner you find beyond these rivers to the South has simply trespassed. He or She is just a privileged immigrant and can be prosecuted a Trespasser if he or she misbehaves in Ilorin. Nigery belongs to you and I and the third guy from the third zone.!
Did I hear you say Kanu is not better than boko haram?

Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by orisa37: 2:54pm On Apr 14, 2017
enemybulldozer:
Did I hear you say Kanu is not better than boko haram?

He is already having his Cake. Why does he need a Saudi Arabian Demon or a cock and bull Pastor to tell him when and how to eat it? Common sense. Saraki, Deputy Senate President, Dogara and The Deputy Speaker are the commonse that Nigeria needs now to come out of this quagmire.
Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by AreaFada2: 5:57pm On Apr 14, 2017
rosebowl01:

Stop all these SS & SE forced attaché. It exposes your insecurities.
By the way, you SE currently produces very negligible amount of resources for the Country compared to the SW and NC.
Hahahaha! Just as you are wrong with the zone you assume I come from, so you must be wrong with many assumptions.

Resource or no resources, Igbo once tried to break away totally. They are also naturally more autonomous people. Surely, the Igbos have been more vocal about regionalism for a long time.

As for SW, if one of theirs supports regionalism openly, his kinsmen come to shade him as " omale". Especially if he's not in their main political home. It is all politics of maintaining second position to Northerners. So one can never take their word to the bank.
Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by enemybulldozer(m): 6:06pm On Apr 14, 2017
orisa37:

He is already having his Cake. Why does he need a Saudi Arabian Demon or a cock and bull Pastor to tell him when and how to eat it? Common sense. Saraki, Deputy Senate President, Dogara and The Deputy Speaker are the commonse that Nigeria needs now to come out of this quagmire.
My man you are not making any sense tell us why you said Kanu is not better than boko haram simple. what has saraki and dogara got to do with the issue at hand?
Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by Nobody: 6:15pm On Apr 14, 2017
The North rejected independence before 1960, no surprise here. They are scared of progress!

Rather than wait for one big meeting to restructure Nigeria, southern governors need to chip away at the powers of federal government

On issue by issue ; like schools, welfare, encouraging business, state police etc the southern governors can continue to pursue a devolved agenda until the North are ready to wake up.

Honestly this is where I am disappointed in APGA. Why not promise full blow devolution and use that to capture more South Eastern states. If they pursue a regional agenda for devolution I can see them making the kind of progress that SNP in Scotland is making.

1 Like

Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by ConqueredWest: 6:48pm On Apr 14, 2017
DocHMD:

Who told you yorubas want resource control? yorubas have always opposed resource control tactically since 1999 together with the north. Even Ladoja opposed resource control during the Confab, go and watch the video of that confab.
What do you want Osun people to drink? River Osun water.

When we tell you IPOB have the facts and more enlightened than you all, you think we are joking. Go read up.

Very true

Yorubas are against Resource Control
Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by somadinho10: 7:42pm On Apr 14, 2017
rosebowl01:

Repeating these childish rants will not make it true.
You do realize that historical alliances with the north has always been done by the osus? and Yorubas have always, and successfully played the opposition? At inception, Azikwe rejected the offer to form a government with Western and Eastern alliance. Instead, he chose to go with the North for the reward of du*b ceremonial president even though his political base was not even his homeland, but the progressive West - talk about the mother of all betrayals southern people have suffered.
You do also realize that the restructuring that southern groups except the Biafra osus are clamoring for was due to the fact that then aguiyi ironsi destroyed regional government, and centralized the whole system, thereby playing into the hands of the northerners till date? Why blame Yorubas for this?
You can't always eat you cake and still have it. If you don't believe this proverb, see how "successful" your Biafra campaign has been.

Thank you.
I have heard you sir
Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by johntolu: 8:42pm On Apr 14, 2017
BLACKdagger:

U know them.... how many times has yorubas opted for nothern candidate rather than south.?
Theyv always been doing that.. yhe only time they didnt do dat was jonathan time..
Bcoz he was good friend with obasanjo then.
Comon we all the truth stop pretending
[color=#006600][/color]

The attempts by some folks, on this
forum, to 'rewrite' Nigeria's political
history is laughable, to say the least.
If there is any region or tribe that
contributed in stabilizing Hausa-Fulani
rule in Nigeria, that tribe is the Igbo race.
The political strategy of the Igbo race,
prior to, and after independence,
was to contract a 'marriage of
convenience' with the mainstream
Hausa-Fulani political group, the
Northern Peoples Congress (NPC).
This period in question was when all
other tribal groups in Southern Nigeria,
with divergent views of the Igbo tribe
political romance with the Hausa-Fulanis,
were labeled as 'tribalists'.
It was only the Igbo ethnic group that were 'Nationalists' then by their political definition. The Igbos benefitted immensely from the political alliance with the Hausa-Fulanis and they were adequately rewarded for their loyalty while the romance lasted.
The Igbos overwhelming voted for an
Hausa-Fulani, Alhaji Bashir Tofa against
a Southerner, Chief MKO Abiola during the 1993 presidential election in the 3rd Republic in the 'spirit' of the political romance between the North and the South-East regions.
The Igbos political romance with the
Hausa-Fulanis suffered an initial setback in
in the 1st Republic because of the perceived treachery of the Igbos against the
Hausa-Fulanis, during the 1966 coup but the romance continued unabatedly, until the emergence of 'Ebele' Jonathan.
From the empirical facts listed above,
it is very clear to identify the tribe or ethnic region that has been 'hobb-knobbing' with
the Hausa Fulanis until the emergence of
'Ebele' Jonathan in the political sphere of
Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by johntolu: 10:14pm On Apr 14, 2017
[color=#006600][/color]
rosebowl01:

You do realize that historical alliances with the north has always been done by the osus? and Yorubas have always, and successfully played the opposition? At inception, Azikwe rejected the offer to form a government with Western and Eastern alliance. Instead, he chose to go with the North for the reward of du*b ceremonial president even though his political base was not even his homeland, but the progressive West - talk about the mother of all betrayals southern people have suffered.
You do also realize that the restructuring that southern groups except the Biafra osus are clamoring for was due to the fact that then aguiyi ironsi destroyed regional government, and centralized the whole system, thereby playing into the hands of the northerners till date? Why blame Yorubas for this?
You can't always eat you cake and still have it. If you don't believe this proverb, see how "successful" your Biafra campaign has been.
Thank you.

I hope all the 'uninformed' on Nigerian Political History on this thread, nay, Nairaland Forum, would have learnt from rosebowl01's
'Nigeria Political History' 1 class, above.
'Without knowing your history, you can never navigate your future'(Yoruba proverb).
I am sure the Igbo military and political leaders only had selfish interest at heart when the Unification Decree 34 of 1966 was
promulgated by Gen. Aguiyi-Ironsi.
How I wish the Igbo military and political
leaders that championed the unification Decree then were to be around to see the
I'll-effects of their selfish and parochial
agenda the only period they had a shot at leadership in the nation's history.
#paradiseLost.

2 Likes

Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by johntolu: 10:57pm On Apr 14, 2017
[color=#990000][/color]
orisa37:

No. Regionalism will take us back and cause more useless argument and costs of conferences which may in end liquidate Nigeria. The Military has given us 36 regions. It will be retrogressive to spend our constitutional time and debates to reduce regions to 6. The 36 States we have now are sufficient foundation ground zero from where we can together individually support ourselves to rooftops.

You and I know that the 36 states as presently
constituted, was a creation of fraud.
We had 3 Regions at Independence, namely, East, North and West. In the present fraudulent arrangement, the old Northern Region has 19 states, old Eastern Region has
9 states while the old Western Region has 8 states. The basis of our fight for equality in
Nigeria, should actually start from going back to the 1963 Republican constitution which was
operational before the 1966 coup.
That was our 'Foundation Ground Zero',
to borrow your words, and not the 36 states that were fraudulently created by Hausa Fulani
soldiers who never consulted with anybody
before their lopsided creation.
Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by mikolo80: 11:41pm On Apr 14, 2017
ZombiePUNISHER:

Let's restructure first
Followed by state police
Stop all these unnecessary excuses
please describe restructuring. I no even understand what ppl are talking about
Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by mikolo80: 11:41pm On Apr 14, 2017
ZombiePUNISHER:

Atiku is a thief
so?
Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by mikolo80: 11:42pm On Apr 14, 2017
praise010:
That's the only thing the illiterates brag about - land mass and population. They practically add little or nothing to the economy of the association called Nigeria.

They prefer status quo....docile States and parasitic local governments that relies only on Niger Delta Oil for Survival.

I no blame them sha. The brown roof enclaves caused it all
yeah Right
agric that's it 42% of economy is nothing.
no maize on Adam's no pepper no onion on beef. your education is suspect
Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by Codes151(m): 11:47pm On Apr 14, 2017
Una see what eating so much suya causes!? We have fish even better than meat!!! Send this cows to the Sahara desert
Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by mikolo80: 1:41am On Apr 15, 2017
orisa37:
The NASS has all The Powers.
Call The Bluffs
Make The 36 States Fully Autonomous with regards to Sourcing and Spending their Resources.
Limit Federal Powers to Foreign Affairs, Military and Treaties.
By merely amending The Exclusive List this way, all The 36 States will soon be in the streets marketing for relationships with themselves for survival with or without the constitution.
who controls 50% of the Nass. no be dem
Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by mikolo80: 1:42am On Apr 15, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:
North Is A Parasite, that's all
northerners farm. what do Niger delta do. lazy motherfuckas
Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by mikolo80: 1:43am On Apr 15, 2017
somadinho10:
I have said it before and I will continue to say it...... The problem we the southerners have are the north, can you believe the three southern presidents were by accidents, our major problem is disunity and trust, igbos will never seek for secession had Lord lugard not joined us with those people that should have been joined with Niger and Chad I'm sorry to call any tribe but the yoruba people are the only reason this people always hold us for ransom, remember how awolowo,abiola, and recently Tinubu were used and dumbed.. ...... .. I call for a United south
the North stopped you from farming cocoa Palm oil rice and fish ba. I see
Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by mikolo80: 1:43am On Apr 15, 2017
Ikegift4real:
Y r they really not getting it? Let try another pattern because this one no de work .
it's working for them. you no see how 43 million dollar resemble?
Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by mikolo80: 1:44am On Apr 15, 2017
Amberon:
We must break free from this curse called the north.
you wen de dear Boko. na you wan fight?
Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by Alexis11: 6:41pm On Apr 15, 2017
rosebowl01:

Thank you.

Thank you!

I wish we can have more people like you to educate these noise makers on Nairaland's front pages.

1 Like

Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by Alexis11: 6:52pm On Apr 15, 2017
johntolu:
[color=#006600][/color]

I hope all the 'uninformed' on Nigerian Political History on this thread, nay, Nairaland Forum, would have learnt from rosebowl01's
'Nigeria Political History' 1 class, above.
'Without knowing your history, you can never navigate your future'(Yoruba proverb).
I am sure the Igbo military and political leaders only had selfish interest at heart when the Unification Decree 34 of 1966 was
promulgated by Gen. Aguiyi-Ironsi.
How I wish the Igbo military and political
leaders that championed the unification Decree then were to be around to see the
I'll-effects of their selfish and parochial
agenda the only period they had a shot at leadership in the nation's history.
#paradiseLost.

But when are we going to have more people like you to tell these SE liars that it is their fore fathers that sold the South to the North due to their greed and not the Yorubas?

2 Likes

Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by Kamanuozuzu: 6:55pm On Apr 15, 2017
Nnamdi Kanu is being vindicated by the day.
Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by Naijamonitor: 1:19pm On Apr 16, 2017
vani86:

It is not the north but corruption.

Yes they may be holding us back a bit but the real culprit is corruption which manifests at all levels irrespective of tribe

what corruption is worse than quota system, where merit and competence is sacrificed for quota. Where children are unfairly discriminated against based on state of origin. Have you never wondered how a child that scored 2 to gain admission into a unity school where another child that scored 138 is rejected would cope in the school? It even goes on through university and at the end, he is still more likely to get employment ahead of the southern counterpart. He is also more likely to be involved in policy making than the more competent south. What corruption is worse than this?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

First Commercial Vessel Berths At Lekki Port Ahead Of Buhari’s Commissioning / Pick Audu’s Son Or We Impeach Your Choice, Kogi Lawmakers Threaten APC / Nigeria’s Problems Started With Awo’s Introduction Of Tribal Politics — Unongo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.