Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,610 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:26 PM

One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips (21528 Views)

15 Ways To Identify And Secure Yourself Against “one Chance” Bandits / 5 Safety Tips You Shouldn’t Ignore When A Tanker Is Involved In An Accident / 10 Ways To Avoid One Chance Vehicles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips by Nobody: 8:55pm On Apr 13, 2017
Do they sell pepper spray in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips by figure007(m): 8:56pm On Apr 13, 2017
What I want to say might not be of use to some while it will be to some ... Always exercise your body and be physically fit ..if you are a guy try to do press up always try watch some action movies ...trust me those movies helps in times of some troubles ...try to know how to throw some dirty punch that when it meets the criminal e nogo get himself for one minutes and hmmmm try to always be at alert especially inside bus ... Be on the alert for any attack so that you yourself go gallant well

6 Likes

Re: One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips by Hollasmall: 8:57pm On Apr 13, 2017
phreakabit:

Which circus you dey work?

1 Like

Re: One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips by sou1p1an0(m): 8:58pm On Apr 13, 2017
frubben:
Wear I am chosen uniform aka christ chosen grin grin
kani i am a kidnapper, nd u start shouting chosen mopol, d neat pair nd resounding slaps u wud receive wud mak u dumb for life

2 Likes

Re: One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips by sou1p1an0(m): 8:59pm On Apr 13, 2017
frubben:
kani i am a kidnapper, nd u start shouting chosen mopol, d neat pair nd resounding slaps u wud receive wud mak u dumb for life grin
frubben:
kani i am a kidnapper, nd u start shouting chosen mopol, d neat pair nd resounding slaps u wud receive wud mak u dumb for life

1 Like

Re: One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips by Crixina(f): 9:00pm On Apr 13, 2017
ayourbamie:
Get a licensed gun. It might come handy u never can tell
I think I asked about this on one of the threads here,

What really does it take to own a licensed gun?

2 Likes

Re: One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips by Crixina(f): 9:02pm On Apr 13, 2017
mrjojo:
You think the robbers wouldn't read this? What if they ask you to open your mobile banking app
you are right.

Robbers dey dis nairaland self.
Re: One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips by Nobody: 9:07pm On Apr 13, 2017
Sijo01:
One of the best thread I've seen of late....... .. Deleting one ATM from my wallet asap. Pepper spray going with me anywhere I go.

Thanks for sharing op.

this post is actually misleading in the real sense

You don't want to provoke about 4 to 5 guys who held you hostage with their ever ready weapons in their possession, you could actually be smart by humbling your self and hands them what ever was in your possession and go unhurt

it's only the living who has the opportunity to pursue his goal

you could also be inflicted with indelible mark that will hunt you forever

Cc autojosh
Deseo
cekhoe
Crixina
bootylady101

2 Likes

Re: One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips by bootylady101(f): 9:07pm On Apr 13, 2017
nice one

learnt how to give a figure 4 from lying down position no matter how strong he is, he can't be released as long as he is the only one

then go for the cojones , no matter how strong a man is, his stones will make him as meek as a lamb.
Re: One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips by Repairnigeria(m): 9:20pm On Apr 13, 2017
one chance experience I had was terrible make sure u shine ur eye very well before u enter public vehicle don't rush enter car inside garrage
Re: One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips by Nobody: 9:22pm On Apr 13, 2017
Crixina:
you are right.

Robbers dey dis nairaland self.

yes I'm

come to my hotel room and catch me if you can

alternatively provide me a good job or forever remain silent
Re: One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips by Sijo01(f): 9:27pm On Apr 13, 2017
Archaa:

You don't want to provoke about 4 to 5 guys who held you hostage with their ever read weapons in their possession, you could actually be smart by humbling your self and hands them what ever was in your possession and go unhurt

Cc autojosh

Before now, I move around with two ATM cards, and I have little cash in both accounts. After reading the post, I reached out to my wallet to drop one. Next step is for me to decongest one of the accounts and apply what the op stated.

In the event of an attack, I'll gladly submit the only card I have if they request for it.

Secondly, I have a Pepper spray that has never left my bed side. Seeing the sense in what op said, it's gonna be part of my movable items....... ... Though this will only be for lone robbers.

So, you see why I tagged the thread as one of the best I've seen of late.

2 Likes

Re: One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips by Nobody: 9:27pm On Apr 13, 2017
bootylady101:
nice one

learnt how to give a figure 4 from lying down position no matter how strong he is, he can't be released as long as he is the only one

then go for the cojones , no matter how strong a man is, his stones will make him as meek as a lamb.

you are actually deceiving yourself

don't dig your own grave
Re: One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips by bootylady101(f): 9:38pm On Apr 13, 2017
Archaa:

you are actually deceiving yourself

don't dig your own grave

lemme kick your balls and tell me if u will still have the strength to lay a finger on me within 3 minutes
Re: One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips by Nobody: 9:49pm On Apr 13, 2017
bootylady101:

lemme kick your balls and tell me if u will still have the strength to lay a finger on me within 3 minutes

Don't let us locate you

its your type we throw into the lagoon to conceal any evidence

How many of our guys would you kick on the balls at the same time. ...hehehe you make me laugh

where do you stay...I mean your address

2 Likes

Re: One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips by Nobody: 9:50pm On Apr 13, 2017
Archaa:

You don't want to provoke about 4 to 5 guys who held you hostage with their ever read weapons in their possession, you could actually be smart by humbling your self and hands them what ever was in your possession and go unhurt

Cc autojosh
Deseo
cekhoe
Crixina
bootylady101

Thank you dear.
Re: One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips by mikaj(m): 9:50pm On Apr 13, 2017
Deseo:

Please where can I get pepper spray?

Miss I did give you tips to make one. Just get an empty small spray plastic can.

Buy 200naira Cameroon pepper. Mix it with water abi hypo (Their father)....

pour it into the can and spray as you like.

Conductor no give you change, spray.
Someone touch you on the road, spray.
You don't like the way he is looking at you, spray..

[color=#990000][/color]

7 Likes

Re: One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips by Nobody: 9:59pm On Apr 13, 2017
mikaj:

Miss I did give you tips to make one. Just get an empty small spray plastic can.

Buy 200naira Cameroon pepper. Mix it with water abi hypo (Their father)....

pour it into the can and spray as you like.

Conductor no give you change, spray.
Someone touch you on the road, spray.
You don't like the way he is looking at you, spray..

[color=#990000][/color]

Hahahahahaaha grin

2 Likes

Re: One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips by Rukkydelta(f): 10:08pm On Apr 13, 2017
ReneeNuttall:
I have never gone outing with out my pepper spray in my bag.There are evil people lurking around everywhere looking for unsuspecting victims to feast on.
Please where did you purchased yours?
Re: One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips by Nobody: 10:09pm On Apr 13, 2017
Deseo:

Thank you dear.

thank you my love

how I wish we could actually get held of op when we are on operation

he would run fast to nl to rewrite his experience if he could come out alive

Re: One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips by akigbemaru: 10:19pm On Apr 13, 2017
autojosh:
I have heard horror stories of one chance victims ,some killed,some robbed ,some left to die and my dad almost thrown over Third Mainland Bridge. Prevention is always better than cure.

What if you have fallen victim already ?,what can you do to come out alive or safe guard your property and money.This tips would help prepare you for a worse case scenario which I don’t pray happens.

1.Always Go Out With A Dummy ATM Card
This something I do as much as I can .Banking is now so easy ,at times you don’t even need a card to withdraw cash.

Here is what you should do, always have a card with you that has little or no money.Then when you need money ,transfer from another account into the account designated to the card with you.That way you won’t loose much money in case you are threatened to withdraw cash from your account.

There are stories of one chance robbers who use POS machines ,so do not underestimate them.

2.Know When To Strike
This is debatable if there is a chance to escape or jump out of the vehicle you might want to take it,or you might even want to cry out for help .But you have to consider what can possibly go wrong :

You could get killed(eg getting shot).

You could get thrown out of a fast moving vehicle.

Its safer to cry for help,or try to fight back when the vehicle is in a very busy area or at a traffic light.This is why you should always be alert for weird eye contacts between so called “passengers” and “conductors”.

If they have a weapon ,you might want to rethink this.

3.Ladies Should Have An Extra Line Of Defense
I once heard a horror story of a student of my school,who had pepper stuffed down her private part and I think she was also raped.

Its wise for ladies to have an extra line of defense ,if you wear skirts wear a “bum short” underneath .While this is not completely fail proof ,it acts as a delay,in cases like this every second matters,because it might save you from mishaps.

4.Secure Your Self
While most Nigerians don’t even know what pepper spray is ,its safe especially for the ladies to carry one around.Also don’t underestimate what a razor blade can do for you ,so have one handy.Aim at the eyes and spray hard.

If you have a razor blade aim at the thighs,if you are lucky to hit the femoral artery ,you would completely immobilize him and he would most likely die in 5 minutes(I am not saying you should kill,but you know your life is at stake here ,so its self defense).

The face is also a good place to aim at with the razor .

5.Stop Showing Off
Some one chance robberies are opportunistic ones.They make a move when they see a possibility of gain.So quit talking about large amount of money on the phone and stop flashing your expensive phones.

6.Always Make Sure You Are Traceable
While there may be privacy concerns ,its safe to make sure a family member or friend knows your location at all times .I found an app for that here.You can as well look for other apps ,just search for “family tracker ” or related terms.Don’t forget to leave your data on at all times.

7.Study Your Environment
If non of the above works and it turns out to be a case of kidnap,make sure you study your environment very well as you are being taken away.Create a mental map,as it might be useful in the event that you escape.

Have you learnt a thing or two from these tips ?.

Have an experience to share with us?

Kindly comment .

By Donald3d

https://autojosh.com/7-safety-tips-help-fall-victim-one-chance/

Re: One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips by Damfostopper(m): 10:34pm On Apr 13, 2017
Sijo01:

.. ..And if you don't spray it wisely, you will become a victim of your own weapon sad
hahahahahahahah the case of when the hunter becomes the hunted

1 Share

Re: One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips by DJMicky(m): 11:00pm On Apr 13, 2017
Learn some flykicks join
Re: One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips by onegig(m): 11:43pm On Apr 13, 2017
Yeah. Robberies can happen to anyone but most Nigerians are so desensitized that they don't take a step back and observe their environment. People most times throw caution to the wind.

You see people randomly flagging down private cars, entering buses along the road when it is not a designated park.

Flagging down bikes coming from the opposite direction without taking cognisance of who the bike man is carrying at least allow them pass you first before calling them so you have an idea of what they are carrying.

Not knowing hotspots for such robberies and once chance (yaba, ketu, mile 2 and inner surulere are high risk areas anytime before 6am) and not using their inner eyes to sport a difference from what's normal.

Example of little things to take note of;

An over friendly conductor urging you to enter is a red flag.

Having someone wearing a mopol vest in front is not a guarantee. It's a camouflage to get you to trust the bus when the supposed officer is actually a fake one and just wearing a mopol shirt that can be printed out by just anyone.

Do not follow the nudge of other potential passengers to enter a bus you ain't comfortable with. Trust yourself alone. Most are in on the crime.

If you fall for them, do not argue or try to escape. Release all what you have and don't struggle with them. Your life is much more precious than anything they would take from you. You can always get anything stolen for you back in ten folds.

If you live far from work and have to leave home most times very early and arrive back late at night kindly please buy even if it is a small car If you can afford it especially for ladies. A car in lagos is a neccesity. Doesnt have to be fanciful. Just get something that works.The cost implications and security you would guarantee for yourself in the long run far outweighs the risk of jumping buses daily.

5 Likes

Re: One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips by Mustay(m): 12:16am On Apr 14, 2017
Re: One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips by Nobody: 2:05am On Apr 14, 2017
Archaa:

thank you my love

how I wish we could actually get held of op when we are on operation

he would run fast to nl to rewrite his experience if he could come out alive

I'm not an armed robber please.

1 Like

Re: One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips by bootylady101(f): 2:43am On Apr 14, 2017
Archaa:

Don't let us locate you

its your type we throw into the lagoon to conceal any evidence

How many of our guys would you kick on the balls at the same time. ...hehehe you make me laugh

where do you stay...I mean your address

see me see trouble ooooo

i said if it was one guy not multiple guys

give 3 reasons why i should reveal my location here to you, stating revelance of its importance to the nigerian economy also citing 3 examples each.
Re: One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips by adetayo234: 3:09am On Apr 14, 2017
ayourbamie:
Get a licensed gun. It might come handy u never can tell
Please how. I think I need one
Re: One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips by ndiko: 3:15am On Apr 14, 2017
autojosh:
I have heard horror stories of one chance victims ,some killed,some robbed ,some left to die and my dad almost thrown over Third Mainland Bridge. Prevention is always better than cure.

What if you have fallen victim already ?,what can you do to come out alive or safe guard your property and money.This tips would help prepare you for a worse case scenario which I don’t pray happens.

1.Always Go Out With A Dummy ATM Card
This something I do as much as I can .Banking is now so easy ,at times you don’t even need a card to withdraw cash.

Here is what you should do, always have a card with you that has little or no money.Then when you need money ,transfer from another account into the account designated to the card with you.That way you won’t loose much money in case you are threatened to withdraw cash from your account.

There are stories of one chance robbers who use POS machines ,so do not underestimate them.

2.Know When To Strike
This is debatable if there is a chance to escape or jump out of the vehicle you might want to take it,or you might even want to cry out for help .But you have to consider what can possibly go wrong :

You could get killed(eg getting shot).

You could get thrown out of a fast moving vehicle.

Its safer to cry for help,or try to fight back when the vehicle is in a very busy area or at a traffic light.This is why you should always be alert for weird eye contacts between so called “passengers” and “conductors”.

If they have a weapon ,you might want to rethink this.

3.Ladies Should Have An Extra Line Of Defense
I once heard a horror story of a student of my school,who had pepper stuffed down her private part and I think she was also raped.

Its wise for ladies to have an extra line of defense ,if you wear skirts wear a “bum short” underneath .While this is not completely fail proof ,it acts as a delay,in cases like this every second matters,because it might save you from mishaps.

4.Secure Your Self
While most Nigerians don’t even know what pepper spray is ,its safe especially for the ladies to carry one around.Also don’t underestimate what a razor blade can do for you ,so have one handy.Aim at the eyes and spray hard.

If you have a razor blade aim at the thighs,if you are lucky to hit the femoral artery ,you would completely immobilize him and he would most likely die in 5 minutes(I am not saying you should kill,but you know your life is at stake here ,so its self defense).

The face is also a good place to aim at with the razor .

5.Stop Showing Off
Some one chance robberies are opportunistic ones.They make a move when they see a possibility of gain.So quit talking about large amount of money on the phone and stop flashing your expensive phones.

6.Always Make Sure You Are Traceable
While there may be privacy concerns ,its safe to make sure a family member or friend knows your location at all times .I found an app for that here.You can as well look for other apps ,just search for “family tracker ” or related terms.Don’t forget to leave your data on at all times.

7.Study Your Environment
If non of the above works and it turns out to be a case of kidnap,make sure you study your environment very well as you are being taken away.Create a mental map,as it might be useful in the event that you escape.

Have you learnt a thing or two from these tips ?.

Have an experience to share with us?

Kindly comment .

By Donald3d

https://autojosh.com/7-safety-tips-help-fall-victim-one-chance/

Thanks for the piece.
Re: One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips by Eeazu: 3:45am On Apr 14, 2017
How about the problem of pick pockets in Lagos? How can one avoid being a victim?

1 Like

Re: One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips by Nobody: 4:20am On Apr 14, 2017
Pepper spray? grin

They are really holding us back in the stone ages in Nigeria.

Re: One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips by Nobody: 5:36am On Apr 14, 2017
Archaa:

You don't want to provoke about 4 to 5 guys who held you hostage with their ever ready weapons in their possession, you could actually be smart by humbling your self and hands them what ever was in your possession and go unhurt

Cc autojosh
Deseo
cekhoe
Crixina
bootylady101

thanks, I have actually thought of that too

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Air Peace Set To Launch Operations To London, Houston, Dubai,china, Mumbai / Ugandan Couple Die In Fatal Accident Just One Week After Their Wedding. Photos / Boat Capsizes In Bayelsa: Pregnant Woman, NYSC Member, Five Others Missing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.