Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,865 members, 7,817,562 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips (21527 Views)

15 Ways To Identify And Secure Yourself Against “one Chance” Bandits / 5 Safety Tips You Shouldn’t Ignore When A Tanker Is Involved In An Accident / 10 Ways To Avoid One Chance Vehicles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips by madridguy(m): 6:15am On Apr 14, 2017
Thanks.
Re: One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips by bigboa: 6:57am On Apr 14, 2017
If you ever get caught in one chance situation, please don't struggle with them as that could be disastrous. I've had the 'pleasure' of being 'hosted' by these people twice while an undergrad moving from Yaba to Ikeja. The first time, only 2 of us out of a bus of 10 people were not in the 'game' while the second time, it was basically a mass robbery of a big bus. During the first incident, my co-guest had his manhood and other parts vigorously vibrated for daring to struggle and bite on of our hosts. The best thing is avoidance. One chance busses usually have a few signs:
1. People (especially men) positioned strategically at the corners.
2. Even if the bus is empty, the front seat is not available.
3. The driver tends not to engage the passengers.
Above all, one should be sensitive to cues and gut feelings. Both times I was hosted, I was the first person to board the bus so, the fact that the bus was empty means nothing. Also, I have perceived I was in such a situation at other times but our hosts didn't strike probably because there didn't seem to be any high value targets on board or maybe the situation wasn't​just right for them.
NB. During my second session, I calmly told my assailant that I wanted to remove my sim card as I had just retrieved it. He handed me back my phone, I did what I had to do and moved on with my life. Please don't struggle with them.

1 Like

Re: One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips by Nobody: 7:35am On Apr 14, 2017
CARLOSZ:
Well I don't live in Lagos So no need reading the write up.

One chance only happens in the WASTE

mumu, i entered one chance at onitsha
Re: One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips by Nobody: 8:15am On Apr 14, 2017
cekhoe:
thanks, I have actually thought of that too

Don't mind those yeye bloggers who just sit behind keyboard and start writing things out of their imagination

imagine if someone should loose one of h/her eye sight cus of being stupid for something you can actually recover within a space of time

when it happens you found yourself in the hospital and everyone will come and blame you for stupidity...your name becomes had I known

1 Like

Re: One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips by ReneeNuttall(f): 9:09am On Apr 14, 2017
Rukkydelta:

Please where did you purchased yours?
I don't buy,my fiance gets it for me,I learnt u can get it at shop right and Phil hallmark
Re: One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips by ReneeNuttall(f): 9:15am On Apr 14, 2017
Deseo:

Please where can I get pepper spray?

You can get from big pharmacies, OLX,Konga,jumia.Its 2,500 here in Benin.some people sell it 2000 depending on the pharmacy.
Re: One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips by Crixina(f): 9:28am On Apr 14, 2017
Archaa:

yes I'm

come to my hotel room and catch me if you can

alternatively provide me a good job or forever remain silent
Brother, I don't think you are one, even if you are, don't blame it on Joblessness, you are just an evil lazy and weak basstard(weak cos the weapon you carry is all the strength you ve got) you are not the only jobless Nigerian...so stop kidding yourself
Re: One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips by Crixina(f): 9:40am On Apr 14, 2017
mikaj:

Miss I did give you tips to make one. Just get an empty small spray plastic can.

Buy 200naira Cameroon pepper. Mix it with water abi hypo (Their father)....

pour it into the can and spray as you like.

Conductor no give you change, spray.
Someone touch you on the road, spray.
You don't like the way he is looking at you, spray..

[color=#990000][/color]
grin grin grin, I should have used this for those Katsina almajiris that like touching girls breeests on the road.
Re: One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips by Nobody: 10:00am On Apr 14, 2017
ReneeNuttall:

You can get from big pharmacies, OLX,Konga,jumia.Its 2,500 here in Benin.some people sell it 2000 depending on the pharmacy.

Thank you.
Re: One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips by ReneeNuttall(f): 10:02am On Apr 14, 2017
Deseo:

Thank you.
YWC
Re: One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips by mikaj(m): 10:23am On Apr 14, 2017
Crixina:
grin grin grin, I should have used this for those Katsina almajiris that like touching girls breeests on the road.

Miss, I do love and respect you so I will tell you the write up is for the western part of Nigeria (Lagos to be specific).

Do not in anyway carry cover to the north, Oyo will be the tales sung about you when you join your ancestors.

Cheers.
Re: One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips by Crixina(f): 10:42am On Apr 14, 2017
grin grin
mikaj:

Miss, I do love and respect you so I will tell you the write up is for the western part of Nigeria (Lagos to be specific).

Do not in anyway carry cover to the north, Oyo will be the tales sung about you when you join your ancestors.

Cheers.
Re: One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips by Nobody: 10:43am On Apr 14, 2017
Crixina:
Brother, I don't think you are one, even if you are, don't blame it on Joblessness, you are just an evil lazy and weak basstard(weak cos the weapon you carry is all the strength you ve got) you are not the only jobless Nigerian...so stop kidding yourself

Do you have to abuse me to make your points. .huh

there are rules of engagement on this forum and not a market place

rule number two is what you had just broken already

your attack on me is unwarranted since I did not post anything that could steer your anger

if I say I'm a criminal I've not stolen anything from you not to talk of insulting you

Next time if you didn't like someone's comment just ignore h/her rather than showing rudeness in public places
Re: One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips by Crixina(f): 11:32am On Apr 14, 2017
Archaa:

Do you have to abuse me to make your points. .huh

there are rules of engagement on this forum and not a market place

rule number two is what you had just broken already

your attack on me is unwarranted since I did not post anything that could steer your anger

if I say I'm a criminal I've not stolen anything from you not to talk of insulting you

Next time if you didn't like someone's comment just ignore h/her rather than showing rudeness in public places
you could only find this rude and insulting if you are an arm robber, but if you ain't, I think the first part of my comment should do.
Re: One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips by Nightie(f): 3:32pm On Apr 14, 2017
mikaj:

Miss I did give you tips to make one. Just get an empty small spray plastic can.

Buy 200naira Cameroon pepper. Mix it with water abi hypo (Their father)....

pour it into the can and spray as you like.

Conductor no give you change, spray.
Someone touch you on the road, spray.
You don't like the way he is looking at you, spray..

[color=#990000][/color]

lmao...
una no go kee pesin.
Re: One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips by Nobody: 5:26pm On Apr 14, 2017
Crixina:
you could only find this rude and insulting if you are an arm robber, but if you ain't, I think the first part of my comment should do.

So when you call someone a bastard that isn't an insult already

if I had reported you to the mods two things will come to play

it's either you are left off the hook or got banned for having violated rule number two

Re: One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips by Crixina(f): 7:12pm On Apr 14, 2017
Archaa:

So when you call someone a bastard that isn't an insult already

if I had reported you to the mods two things will come to play

it's either you are left off the hook or got banned for having violated rule number two

Emphasis is on arm robber

BTW, are you seriously threatening me with a ban?
Re: One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips by Nobody: 9:34pm On Apr 14, 2017
Crixina:
Emphasis is on arm robber

BTW, are you seriously threatening me with a ban?

Like seriously, it's my prerogative to claim armed bandit or what have you as long as I didn't threatened any one

If I had claimed a pastor would that made you to be respectful. ..may be, but that is hypocrisy because you does that for a reason rather than your through self

Respect is a resprocal but unfortunately, you cannot give what you don't have

Even though I'm an armed robber, a kidnapper, a ritualist, a kidnapper and a fraudster. ...yet I maintain a sense of decorum on cyber spaces of which some holier than thow like you could not boast off

I'm a trouble maker that I go to muslim section and pollute the atmosphere just as I take the role of a criminal on this thread but never insult anyone

this is my 14th moniker since 2015 cus I fight dirty with aggressors in political section..not afraid of ban

I was laughing when you started insulting me
Re: One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips by Crixina(f): 7:06am On Apr 15, 2017
Archaa:

Like seriously, it's my prerogative to claim armed bandit or what have you as long as I didn't threatened any one

If I had claimed a pastor would that made you to be respectful. ..may be, but that is hypocrisy because you does that for a reason rather than your through self

Respect is a resprocal but unfortunately, you cannot give what you don't have

Even though I'm an armed robber, a kidnapper, a ritualist, a kidnapper and a fraudster. ...yet I maintain a sense of decorum on cyber spaces of which some holier than thow like you could not boast off

I'm a trouble maker that I go to muslim section and pollute the atmosphere just as I take the role of a criminal on this thread but never insult anyone

this is my 14th moniker since 2015 cus I fight dirty with aggressors in political section..not afraid of ban

I was laughing when you started insulting me
Wow, such a perfect resume,

Now, I'm so scared

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Air Peace Set To Launch Operations To London, Houston, Dubai,china, Mumbai / Ugandan Couple Die In Fatal Accident Just One Week After Their Wedding. Photos / Boat Capsizes In Bayelsa: Pregnant Woman, NYSC Member, Five Others Missing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.