Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

Ambode To Introduce Compulsory Insurance Policy For All Buildings In Lagos - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Ambode To Introduce Compulsory Insurance Policy For All Buildings In Lagos (8004 Views)

Most Expensive Buildings In The World / 19 Buildings In Banana Island Sealed By Lagos Government Over Planning Permit / Photos: The 10 Tallest Buildings In Nigeria (2018) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ambode To Introduce Compulsory Insurance Policy For All Buildings In Lagos by obembet(f): 7:33am On Apr 14, 2017
LordVoldemort:

You need to look at the other part too

Someone who paid just 200k to insure a house can collect as much as 20million if the house is gut by fire.

So it's not just collecting premium claims are being paid in huge amount

Exactly my man...
Re: Ambode To Introduce Compulsory Insurance Policy For All Buildings In Lagos by adeoba2008(m): 7:33am On Apr 14, 2017
Next....
Re: Ambode To Introduce Compulsory Insurance Policy For All Buildings In Lagos by dragonking3: 7:33am On Apr 14, 2017
I think Ambode is losing focus. People can nearly survive in this Buhari apc government and all he can think of is to add more suffering. This apc government is pure evil

2 Likes

Re: Ambode To Introduce Compulsory Insurance Policy For All Buildings In Lagos by Zetra(m): 7:33am On Apr 14, 2017
Sketchandcraft:
Marketing tenant go suffer it most cos it will bring more hardship to the citizen... Automatic increase in house rent and price of landed properties in the state
exactly

(landlord) we buy the land,
pay omoniles for foundation, German floor, decking, roofing, even for fencing
we fill the street,
construct drainage,
erect Electrical poles,
pay "Nepa"/buy cables for them to run Street light, even contribute to buy oil, fuses, repair spoilt transforms / buys new transformers
dug boreholes,
have/pay for our street security

how has the government compensate us
levy for this / that...
resent permit for/to erect borehole ask those buying water from "water tanks", the prize recently went up last because of this issue (water Corporation is just on paper collecting funds yearly for nothing)
you will pay FG levy, Lagos will come for their's, LG will tell you to pay also

and you think rent will not go up

1 Like

Re: Ambode To Introduce Compulsory Insurance Policy For All Buildings In Lagos by itiswellandwell: 7:35am On Apr 14, 2017
rockyh:
its a shame that our democracy is one sided whereby the government implement only laws that brings revenue to them n forget about the masses shame on scam n shame on change cos we now understand the definition of change

Am telling you!

1 Like

Re: Ambode To Introduce Compulsory Insurance Policy For All Buildings In Lagos by izzou(m): 7:36am On Apr 14, 2017
LordVoldemort:

Someone who paid just 200k to insure a house can collect as much as 20million if the house is gut by fire.

Who will pay you 20 million for a house worth 200k?

You think insurance firms na ponzi?

undecided

3 Likes

Re: Ambode To Introduce Compulsory Insurance Policy For All Buildings In Lagos by Montaque(m): 7:38am On Apr 14, 2017
This is the best policy I ve seen Ambode on in recent times.
We need to put our insurance company into business, not take them out.
I hope the FG can also deal with quacks in the vehicle insurance policy so that we deal with recognised private insurance companies.

I hope this policy will apply to all properties in Lagos cos some land owners got their title from the FG. Except the LASG can use regularisation to cut their slack and implement this policy
Re: Ambode To Introduce Compulsory Insurance Policy For All Buildings In Lagos by dragonking3: 7:38am On Apr 14, 2017
obembet:
Now I believe that AMbode have a great vision for Lagos state unlike that useless on my state

Thank God for insurance in Nigeria now for the great improvement unlike 2000-2006 Insurance companies.

I know that many will COMPLAIN or reject this... But at the end, they will enjoy it... go to advance country, u can't see a building with insurance cover there....

Lagos, Nation of afonja, Develop by developer
Most developed countries provided the basic ammenties needed for their citizens to develop and grow. Ambode is yet to do that.

2 Likes

Re: Ambode To Introduce Compulsory Insurance Policy For All Buildings In Lagos by Graciouscharis: 7:39am On Apr 14, 2017
Lagos state government is always looking for ways to milk people dry. Few weeks ago they billed each house in my estate #10,000 each doing nothing. Eko o nigbaje my foot.

2 Likes

Re: Ambode To Introduce Compulsory Insurance Policy For All Buildings In Lagos by akigbemaru: 7:40am On Apr 14, 2017
toxxnoni:
Morning, water borehole, soil test, pile foundation
Re: Ambode To Introduce Compulsory Insurance Policy For All Buildings In Lagos by LordVoldemort(m): 7:42am On Apr 14, 2017
izzou:

undecided

If you don't know how insurance work just ask.

I never said the house is 200k maybe you should read again.

What I said is someone PAID 200k to INSURE a house.
Re: Ambode To Introduce Compulsory Insurance Policy For All Buildings In Lagos by izzou(m): 7:46am On Apr 14, 2017
LordVoldemort:

If you don't know how insurance work just ask.

I never said the house is 200k maybe you should read again.

What I said is someone PAID 200k to INSURE a house.

Oops sorry for not reading aright

That's why they have valuers. If your house isn't worth 20 million, nobody will give you 20 million
Re: Ambode To Introduce Compulsory Insurance Policy For All Buildings In Lagos by itiswellandwell: 7:48am On Apr 14, 2017
obembet:

U lack knowledge about insurance

If you understand the benefit of having comperensive Insurance on your car.. Then u will knw that for house, its Important... Some pple are doing it before government implement it

Come look many building that collapse this days, where so u think the owner will start.... Its for their own safety..

Oga, forget that one joooor. It shouldn't be a compulsory thing. After the govt must have sensitized people about the scheme. It's up to people to go for it. Only a few will understand that the government is trying to help which is not their fault but due to how our government have been corrupt, they would think they have come to scam them again.
Re: Ambode To Introduce Compulsory Insurance Policy For All Buildings In Lagos by Odani: 7:49am On Apr 14, 2017
Jabioro:
Fraud! simple our insurance are too technical to do business with, common man would just been paying for nothing..

Dnt be saying what u dnt know i live in port harcourt and i own a story building of four flats. I personally insured my house against fire make one tenant no go born my house for me. Its even for our own good
Re: Ambode To Introduce Compulsory Insurance Policy For All Buildings In Lagos by LordVoldemort(m): 7:53am On Apr 14, 2017
izzou:

Oops sorry for not reading aright

That's why they have valuers. If your house isn't worth 20 million, nobody will give you 20 million

The value of the house determines the premium you will pay. If you decide to value a 10M building @ 100M you will be shooting urself in the foot cos you be paying 10times of wat you should pay.
Re: Ambode To Introduce Compulsory Insurance Policy For All Buildings In Lagos by Max24: 7:55am On Apr 14, 2017
Odani:

Dnt be saying what u dnt know i live in port harcourt and i own a story building of four flats. I personally insured my house against fire make one tenant no go born my house for me. Its even for our own good
If its my house then it should be optional. Nobody forced u to do it but Lagos govt wants to force people.
Re: Ambode To Introduce Compulsory Insurance Policy For All Buildings In Lagos by izzou(m): 7:56am On Apr 14, 2017
LordVoldemort:

The value of the house determines the premium you will pay. If you decide to value a 10M building @ 100M you will be shooting urself in the foot cos you be paying 10times of wat you should pay.

I understand now

smiley

1 Like

Re: Ambode To Introduce Compulsory Insurance Policy For All Buildings In Lagos by Jabioro: 8:06am On Apr 14, 2017
Odani:

Insurance is very good ..what talking about the insurance company itself, government intention is a very welcome idea.. but when comes to claimed Nigeria insurance company can be very funny.. I prayed non of us should fall victims..
Re: Ambode To Introduce Compulsory Insurance Policy For All Buildings In Lagos by money121(m): 8:20am On Apr 14, 2017
Ok
Re: Ambode To Introduce Compulsory Insurance Policy For All Buildings In Lagos by omoiyamayor(m): 8:23am On Apr 14, 2017
His really making a good move,we need world class city in Nigeria,not all south Africans can afford living in Pretoria or jozi but the hardworking ones a making good use of this cities.let Lagos rise to standard
Re: Ambode To Introduce Compulsory Insurance Policy For All Buildings In Lagos by isseke: 8:24am On Apr 14, 2017
It is a good plan anyway.But such insurance is not something you force on people.Even here in abroad such insurance policy is never force on individuals.But if Ambrose government force it on people then there is something to it.
Re: Ambode To Introduce Compulsory Insurance Policy For All Buildings In Lagos by naijacarz(m): 8:35am On Apr 14, 2017
If you own your own home, you’ll need to have buildings cover just in case your home is damaged and needs a repair. It’s usually a condition of your mortgage and, if you’re a landlord, it’s your responsibility – not your tenants. Although it’s not compulsory, if you own your own home this sort of insurance should be a top priority

For your info Lagos Govt is not collecting a dime. They are only providing a platform for the insurance companies, like every sane society will do to protect its people.

Insurance is a life saver, ignorance can kill.....

1 Like

Re: Ambode To Introduce Compulsory Insurance Policy For All Buildings In Lagos by Omeokachie: 8:43am On Apr 14, 2017
The people are about to be further improvished.

A landlord with tenant will pass the extra cost to the tenants.

Now what happens to an old pensioner whose pension is being owed and lives from hand to mouth in a house he built 20yrs ago? So government will send him to jail for inability to insure his 3bedroom apartment?
Re: Ambode To Introduce Compulsory Insurance Policy For All Buildings In Lagos by mmsen: 8:47am On Apr 14, 2017
MakeADifference:
If these guys would focus on health, education, employment the way they focus on income generation, 'eko ma dubai'

You need income to pay for those things.
Re: Ambode To Introduce Compulsory Insurance Policy For All Buildings In Lagos by oladre: 9:21am On Apr 14, 2017
izzou:

undecided
If you don't know about insurance, why not ask rather than showing your ignorance. It's so easy to comment but rather seek knowledge before commenting.
Re: Ambode To Introduce Compulsory Insurance Policy For All Buildings In Lagos by heysquare(m): 9:49am On Apr 14, 2017
some unemployed youth wudnt see ds as opportunity as it wil create more jobs in insurance sector
Re: Ambode To Introduce Compulsory Insurance Policy For All Buildings In Lagos by mfm04622: 10:20am On Apr 14, 2017
Wizzyblack3:
Only the rich will soon be the only ones to live in Lagos.

How much does it cost to insure a building? We all look at cost without looking at benefits
Re: Ambode To Introduce Compulsory Insurance Policy For All Buildings In Lagos by izzou(m): 10:21am On Apr 14, 2017
oladre:

If you don't know about insurance, why not ask rather than showing your ignorance. It's so easy to comment but rather seek knowledge before commenting.
K
Re: Ambode To Introduce Compulsory Insurance Policy For All Buildings In Lagos by oshaosha2014(m): 11:09am On Apr 14, 2017
this is nigeria. you might not get your claim because one stupid somewhere that was compensated with the insurance top post has squandered all the money. and he will be untouchable. this. is. Nigeria.
LordVoldemort:

Re: Ambode To Introduce Compulsory Insurance Policy For All Buildings In Lagos by LordVoldemort(m): 11:37am On Apr 14, 2017
oshaosha2014:
this is nigeria. you might not get your claim because one stupid somewhere that was compensated with the insurance top post has squandered all the money. and he will be untouchable. this. is. Nigeria.

Govt don't sell insurance. The private sector does.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Air Conditioner Installation & Maintenace / ESTIMATE FOR BLINDING, NYLON, AND GERMAN FLOOR Could anyone provide prices pls ? / How to Identify Quality /Authentic Stone Coated Roofing Tiles.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.