Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,198 members, 7,835,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

4 Great Books That Would Have Changed The World But Lost To History - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 4 Great Books That Would Have Changed The World But Lost To History (4329 Views)

Sapele Schoolgirl, Success And Her Parents Speak On How Their Lives Have Changed / Success, Sapele Schoolgirl Wants To Be A Lawyer, How her life has changed now / 17 Mathematical Equations That Changed The World (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Great Books That Would Have Changed The World But Lost To History by Davidhero(m): 2:03pm On Apr 14, 2017
@abumeinben

I never really had solid info concerning Tesla, i knew he was a genius and the world never really accepted his discoveries.

I still wonder why Albert Einstein was so popular than Tesla, because i believe Einstein was just a theoritical physicts. Though his works kinda helped alot.
Re: 4 Great Books That Would Have Changed The World But Lost To History by Paulpaulpaul(m): 2:09pm On Apr 14, 2017
Davidhero:
@abumeinben

I never really had solid info concerning Telsa, i knew he was a genius and the world never really accepted his discoveries.

I still wonder why Albert Einstein was so popular than Telsa, because i believe Einstein was just a theoritical physicts. Though his works kinda helped alot.

Bible say evil association destroys good manner. His association with Thomas Edison destroyed him. His notes were burnt afterwards in the controversial fire outbreak in his lab. That actually made his dipressed for the second time

1 Like

Re: 4 Great Books That Would Have Changed The World But Lost To History by Nobody: 2:24pm On Apr 14, 2017
Davidhero:

Wow...

Hw come the United States never took care of his projects?
See, Tesla and Edison were both going back and forth over AC and DC currents.
AC was better and Edison knew it. So in his desperation, he performed all sorts of horrible accidents like electruction and using the electric chair for murder to win public sympathy and turn AC's to some dangerous volatile part.
Edison already had repute as a "brilliant" scientist. Tesla was viewed at best, an eccentric, at worst, a fool.

Hence....

This is not the only invention of Tesla that Edision stole. The principles of mordern radio had been developed by tesla but it's still CREDITED to others.

Walahi, that man suffered.

1 Like

Re: 4 Great Books That Would Have Changed The World But Lost To History by Davidhero(m): 2:35pm On Apr 14, 2017
Paulpaulpaul:

Bible say evil association destroys good manner. His association with Thomas Edison destroyed him. His notes were burnt afterwards in the controversial fire outbreak in his lab. That actually made his dipressed for the second time

I felt sorry for him.
Going through his wikipedia page, i discovered he suffered lots of pains financially and his health too...
Re: 4 Great Books That Would Have Changed The World But Lost To History by Davidhero(m): 2:58pm On Apr 14, 2017
SirWere:

Walahi, that man suffered.

Truly he suffered alot. Even Edison denied him of his bonus for his discoveries while he was working in his company with reasons because he was an Egomaniac.

I believe lack of funds really affected his carrier. Thus leading him to be Underated.
Re: 4 Great Books That Would Have Changed The World But Lost To History by abumeinben(m): 3:02pm On Apr 14, 2017
Davidhero:
@abumeinben

I never really had solid info concerning Tesla, i knew he was a genius and the world never really accepted his discoveries.

I still wonder why Albert Einstein was so popular than Tesla, because i believe Einstein was just a theoritical physicts. Though his works kinda helped alot.

True talk bro...

Einstein was nothing compared to Tesla, at all.

Lots of scientist had contested the infamous e=mc2...
No one had ever come Closed to Tesla.

Even Marconi copied Tesla's work.

1 Like

Re: 4 Great Books That Would Have Changed The World But Lost To History by savagefinder: 3:13pm On Apr 14, 2017
Davidhero:

Lol, so what's ur point?

Thomas Edison is to be blamed?
u have no idea what Thomas Edison did to him!
Re: 4 Great Books That Would Have Changed The World But Lost To History by Davidhero(m): 3:19pm On Apr 14, 2017
savagefinder:
u have no idea what Thomas Edison did to him!

Yea, i just read through some articles nd some answered questions on quora..
Re: 4 Great Books That Would Have Changed The World But Lost To History by Greatzeus(m): 4:31pm On Apr 14, 2017
abumeinben:
How supernaturally​exceptional was Nikola Tesla?

My great Prof of Electrical Machines back in school, Dr. Anyaeji, one said: "The greatest discovery is that of Electromagnetic waves, that even those who discovered it did not understand it and no one has ever understood it."

Yet, the unit of magnetic field is called "Tesla"

You would have been able to produce electricity in your house for free saved for the people that killed Tesla and his works:

1. J.P Morgan
2. Thomas Edison

I'll assume you're not an Electrical or Physics student or graduate.

Lemme give you a hint:

Without Tesla 3 phase induction machine, you would have had to turn the fan blades of planes, ships, submarines ....before they would start.( I'm sure you'd seen war movies where a jet's blame would have to be manually rotated just to start its engine.)
All factories, oil industries, locomotives use 3phase induction machines. That's just one invention o.

To clear you mind, Tesla was a humanitarian, Edison was a business man.

[size=2pt]Paulpaulpaul[/size]
From what you said,it appears This Tesla is a better genius,but how come Edison is far more popular. I have known Edison's name since I was a child,that he was a genius,but I read about Tesla later in life.Most people like me whose fields are not science are acquainted with Edison and his great inventions,but not so much about Tesla.Why?
Re: 4 Great Books That Would Have Changed The World But Lost To History by Paulpaulpaul(m): 4:50pm On Apr 14, 2017
Greatzeus:

From what you said,it appears This Tesla is a better genius,but how come Edison is far more popular. I have known Edison's name since I was a child,that he was a genius,but I read about Tesla later in life.Most people like me whose fields are not science are acquainted with Edison and his great inventions,but not so much about Tesla.Why?

Edison made him a direct enemy, he even stopped him from getting patent of his invention. I even saw the show of Lucid Electric car today and till they made reference to Tesla.
Re: 4 Great Books That Would Have Changed The World But Lost To History by abumeinben(m): 5:46pm On Apr 14, 2017
Greatzeus:

That's because they blocked our hears with electric bulb of Edison. He wasn't the one who invented it sef...You can read about it.

Besides, Edison was more popular because he was a scientist as well as a business man, plus an American.
Re: 4 Great Books That Would Have Changed The World But Lost To History by Nobody: 6:58pm On Apr 14, 2017
Paulpaulpaul:
That Nikola Tesla's story is a greatp disaster to humankind. Thomas Edison deserved curse

Exactly! Edison is the greatest fraud in the history of science. Always taking credit for his workers invention.
Re: 4 Great Books That Would Have Changed The World But Lost To History by Nobody: 7:12pm On Apr 14, 2017
Thepasserby:
2. On Sphere-Making By Archimedes
This book would have probably helped solve many a riddle that the Greeks left behind. It is said to be a guide to how various inventions of the Greek world worked. More than anything, it was a document written down by one of the greatest minds in history, Archimedes.

When the Romans invaded Greece and set fire to the immense Library of Alexandria, copies of this book, along with many other great ones we don't even know exist, were burnt to ashes.
yea i do agree with you on books that existed but were destroyed...the 8-10th books of moses is an example. But the burning or destruction of the greek kingdom or empire is true only that you mentioned alexandria and its famous library... Isn't alexandria an egyptian city?? The romans sacked greece but how did they burn the famous library of alexandria that is in egypt??
Re: 4 Great Books That Would Have Changed The World But Lost To History by Paulpaulpaul(m): 7:13pm On Apr 14, 2017
careytommy7:

Exactly! Edison is the greatest fraud in the history of science. Always taking credit for his workers invention.

The nationality of Tesla affected him too, if he were an American, it wouldn't have happened. Getting patent wouldn't have been difficult and the public execution with AC and DC eventually backfired on Edison but nepotism, had it way.

Another person rubbished in America is Kim Ung-Yong, NASA destroyed him totally and left him a shadow of his endowed self. CERN is the best place where talents are harvested

1 Like

Re: 4 Great Books That Would Have Changed The World But Lost To History by Davidhero(m): 10:00pm On Apr 14, 2017
Paulpaulpaul:

CERN is the best place where talents are harvested

Don't u think it will be dificult for citizens of non-member countries to be reconigsed?

All it's staffs, scientists who either won an award or so were citizens from member countries.
Re: 4 Great Books That Would Have Changed The World But Lost To History by BOOKERPAGE(m): 12:36am On Apr 15, 2017
Army men to supervise JAMB 2017 CBT EXAM. This agreement was reached between the jamb registrar ishaq oloyode and the army chief of staff Buratai on thursday... click here to see details http://schoolgistnow.com.ng/2017/04/14/army-men-to-supervise-jamb-centers/
Re: 4 Great Books That Would Have Changed The World But Lost To History by Paulpaulpaul(m): 6:50am On Apr 15, 2017
Davidhero:

Don't u think it will be dificult for citizens of non-member countries to be reconigsed?

All it's staffs, scientists who either won an award or so were citizens from member countries.

Yes, theirs is kind of overt but NASA will make non-American but intelligent people look like a joke. Anytime I think of Kim Ung-Yong, I pity us non-American
Re: 4 Great Books That Would Have Changed The World But Lost To History by Davidhero(m): 7:24am On Apr 15, 2017
Paulpaulpaul:

Yes, theirs is kind of overt but NASA will make non-American but intelligent people look like a joke. Anytime I think of Kim Ung-Yong, I pity us non-American

Lol, that's the thing bro.

That's why u have no other choice than to file for citizenship.

Same thing with Philip Emeagwali, even for his significant contibution most people don't knw him including Nigerians...

It's just Pathetic....
Re: 4 Great Books That Would Have Changed The World But Lost To History by Paulpaulpaul(m): 7:35am On Apr 15, 2017
Davidhero:

Lol, that's the thing bro.

That's why u have no other choice than to file for citizenship.

Same thing with Philip Emeagwali, even for his significant contibution most people don't knw him including Nigerians...

It's just Pathetic....

The day I read about him, I shed tears. Thank God Philip Emeagwali has patent for his invention. I know the world would have heard more of him if he was an American or Israelite

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top 10 States With The Highest Number Of Internet Subscribers / Lady To Pay Every Dime Spent To Sponsor Her Education After She Refused Marriage / I Need Project Title On (b.sc) Mathematics:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.