Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,561 members, 7,955,080 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:26 PM

5 Reasons Why Men Commit Suicide Than Women In Nigeria-from A Female Perspective - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 5 Reasons Why Men Commit Suicide Than Women In Nigeria-from A Female Perspective (20250 Views)

Soldiers Who Threatened To Rape Women In Warri Arrested In Lagos / Four Doctors Commit Suicide In Abuja / Let Me Commit Suicide With Fanta- Beautiful Nigerian Lady Dumps Sniper For Fanta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons Why Men Commit Suicide Than Women In Nigeria-from A Female Perspective by 3rdlegxxx(m): 9:40am On Apr 16, 2017
YourCoffin:

The OP has no valid point. I have not seen anybody that has gone through difficult times than those guys that sleep under the bridge and yet they haven't killed themselves.

And if they have been killing themselves how would you know, stop making these silly conclusions, I hate it when graduates or educated minds make statements like. These, have you lived among them, have you listened to their stories, a lot commit suicides, a lot are killed by the police during raids, lot are put in police detention over nothing, starving and dieing there... psychological tortures that lead to suicide can happen to anyone bro.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Men Commit Suicide Than Women In Nigeria-from A Female Perspective by nonny001(m): 10:13am On Apr 16, 2017
In addition, women commit suicide less because she can easily express her pains, worries and fustration (whether through cry o or by complaining) without being stigmatised. In fact everybody around her (both male and female) will be more than willing to give her a listening ear and assist her. But let a man try that one na and see the kind of reaction he will get.

It's ok for a woman to pour out her heart but men are expected to be stone. And we all know deep within that this is not so. If not, how come both male and female babies cry?

In essence, women hardly commit suicide because they can easily attract sympathy and emotiomal support. That is, they can easily get more than enough shoulder to lean on. This reduces the pressure and lowers the tendency to commit suicide.

Men on the other hand are expected to deal with their problems alone. No support. If they can't, the pressure builds and the tendency to escape through suicide increases.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Men Commit Suicide Than Women In Nigeria-from A Female Perspective by nonny001(m): 10:19am On Apr 16, 2017
Also, the most suicide attempt come from women (while the most actual suicide come from men).

What does that tell you?

It means that suicide for many women is just another way of getting attention.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Men Commit Suicide Than Women In Nigeria-from A Female Perspective by micseyi(m): 11:51am On Apr 16, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
I agree with the posters above me. Men may appear tough, look tough but sincerely they aren't as emotionally tough as women.

Women cry out their pains, they scream out their frustration and pray out their pains. Men on the other hand always want to appear cool and tough but die within.

Men get depressed and frustrated when things don't go their way, they feel like lesser men in the process.
Meanwhile women endure and overcome much more challenges.

I admire women so much each time I reflect on my mom and I hope every woman realise the deep inner strength in them.

Let me say that a man will most likely outlive the age of Methuselah if he has a woman that always have his back irrespective of the situation or the dynamics of life.... (of course, he can't pay her in the opposite coin).

very very true. Unfortunately, women that r suppose to be helpmeet nag and nag like dere's no 2morrow.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Men Commit Suicide Than Women In Nigeria-from A Female Perspective by purple3091: 3:52pm On Apr 16, 2017
PaperLace:

Which woman gets help? Using NL as a case study, where women are blamed for their husbands abusive and philandering tendencies?

My dear, a good percentage of Nigerian men are only useful for the money and manhood. Once they don't have money and the manhood, they become very useless. That's why they think all the have to contribute to their homes to be crowned head of the house is bring money.

Till they realise life is beyond that, they might never find fulfilment.
Even if a woman sees no reason to live, she would live for her kids. Women marry bad husbands too, do you think emotional abuse is child's play? Or physical abuse? Women are most times blamed for every bad character exhibited by their kids and husband. No gender has it easy...

No one told you guys to bottle your emotions. Y'all set the standards for yourselves. Deal with it.
so true...just on my street a cheating husband found out his wife was cheating then commited suicide,goid ridance..these men causes of their own plus the world's problem then try deflect as though it is women who cause the problems...their is a reason all wars,most crimes,basically most immorality is caused by male specie..because of their greed and selfishness...let the hypocrites kill themselves mtchewwwww or best they can decide to change for the better of society
Re: 5 Reasons Why Men Commit Suicide Than Women In Nigeria-from A Female Perspective by Nobody: 4:06pm On Apr 16, 2017
purple3091:
so true...just on my street a cheating husband found out his wife was cheating then commited suicide,goid ridance..these men causes of their own plus the world's problem then try deflect as though it is women who cause the problems...their is a reason all wars,most crimes,basically most immorality is caused by male specie..because of their greed and selfishness...let the hypocrites kill themselves mtchewwwww or best they can decide to change for the better of society
Sincerely I don't know who trained some of these weak men. Reading their comments on NL disgusts me.
They can never take responsibility for their actions. They cheat and blame it on their wives, they steal and still blame it on her...even this one,they are still trying to rope women in.

How then are they the logical sex if they can be so easily manipulated by the so called "fish brain" women. Now we know who has fish brain... grin

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Men Commit Suicide Than Women In Nigeria-from A Female Perspective by purple3091: 4:37pm On Apr 16, 2017
PaperLace:

Sincerely I don't know who trained some of these weak men. Reading their comments on NL disgusts me.
They can never take responsibility for their actions. They cheat and blame it on their wives, they steal and still blame it on her...even this one,they are still trying to rope women in.

How then are they the logical sex if they can be so easily manipulated by the so called "fish brain" women. Now we know who has fish brain... grin
so true,and they are the emotional ones as in using emotions negatively/wrongly,especially their favourite emotion anger the cause of wars,injustice and corruption which ties in with their stupid egos AHAHAHAHAH..the man who passed on in my street would always brag about how men can get any woman they want..that is how he divorced his 1st wife(she is my friend) when she gave him an ultimatum about his cheating ways,and she is the sweet,humble'"traditional" type of woman who never shouts so you can imagine how far her limit was pushed,anyway the oldie who passed away went on to marry a young,village type girl as new wife and she has been cheating on him with her fellow agemate lol so his POOR EGO COULDN'T HANDLE THE FACT and he commited suicide now guess what!...his family is now begging the ex wife to come attend funeral etc

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Another Gang Leader Surrenders To Police In Rivers / Kidnappers Of Ikeja LG Worker Demand N20K Recharge Card Ransom / Eight Nigerian Men Arrested In Thailand For Online Romance Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.