Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,779 members, 7,810,033 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:04 PM

5 Reasons Why Men Commit Suicide Than Women In Nigeria-from A Female Perspective - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 5 Reasons Why Men Commit Suicide Than Women In Nigeria-from A Female Perspective (20024 Views)

Soldiers Who Threatened To Rape Women In Warri Arrested In Lagos / Four Doctors Commit Suicide In Abuja / Let Me Commit Suicide With Fanta- Beautiful Nigerian Lady Dumps Sniper For Fanta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons Why Men Commit Suicide Than Women In Nigeria-from A Female Perspective by davidif: 9:01pm On Apr 15, 2017
nnadychuks:
when did owner of KFC start his chicken business? Silly excuse

You are making a terrible comparison. KFC was started in America, the land of opportunity not Nigeria where because of the economic system opportunities are incredibly few and far between and out of reach for a majority of Nigerians.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Men Commit Suicide Than Women In Nigeria-from A Female Perspective by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:01pm On Apr 15, 2017
codedpee:

You're almost mad
I know my brother.. Recession can make the same go insane...

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Men Commit Suicide Than Women In Nigeria-from A Female Perspective by Nobody: 9:02pm On Apr 15, 2017
It is always about money issues.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Men Commit Suicide Than Women In Nigeria-from A Female Perspective by adedayoa2(f): 9:03pm On Apr 15, 2017
PaperLace:
The main reason men commit suicide more is because men might be physically tough, but not psychologically/emotionally tough.

exactly
Re: 5 Reasons Why Men Commit Suicide Than Women In Nigeria-from A Female Perspective by TinaAnita(f): 9:08pm On Apr 15, 2017
Life is stressful and everyone is challenged by it. Only the strong survives
Re: 5 Reasons Why Men Commit Suicide Than Women In Nigeria-from A Female Perspective by Nobody: 9:08pm On Apr 15, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:
lol... #fact!!

The worst of it all is the pressure to succeed. Imagine you running into an old school mate only to discover that he is made while you are still hustling!!

Being a male in Nigeria is not a day's job!!

God help us!
a bad mentality of many Nigerians. These competitive nature that adds no value. Time and chance it is to every man. Nigeria is ahead of USA on the time zone but doesn't mean we are better than them. Believe in yourself , dream and hustle, Be responsible for every action you take. No be all man go carry first. I am not saying it's not good to be ambitious or reach up to others but don't let it push you into depression. You may wish to know many are praying to be where you are. This mentality is why it is very hard to fight corruption and doing business in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Men Commit Suicide Than Women In Nigeria-from A Female Perspective by BiafranBushBoy: 9:10pm On Apr 15, 2017
majekdom2:
a bad mentality of many Nigerians. These competitive nature that adds no value. Time and chance it is to every man. Nigeria is ahead of USA on the time zone but doesn't mean we are better than them. Believe in yourself , dream and hustle, Be responsible for every action you take. No be all man go carry first. I am not saying it's not good to be ambitious or reach up to others but don't let it push you into depression. You may wish to know many are praying to be where you are. This mentality is why it is very hard to fight corruption and doing business in Nigeria

I just wrote something general as it affects the public... not really my own personal way of life. Hope you grab?
Re: 5 Reasons Why Men Commit Suicide Than Women In Nigeria-from A Female Perspective by Ugosample(m): 9:11pm On Apr 15, 2017
PaperLace:
The main reason men commit suicide more is because men might be physically tough, but not psychologically/emotionally tough.

I don't agree 100 %

The main reason is because of what the society has boxed us into, not really because of the toughness or anything.

A woman in distress is more likely to be bailed out than a man in distress

A woman is more likely to let her emotions out, then feel better later on, but as for men, they will ge considered to be pussies if they do same.

In certain cultures, the societal expectations of men are neck breaking, and when they don't meet up, some commit suicide.

And when a man marries a bad spouse grin grin Suicide could be an option for some of them

The list is endless

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Men Commit Suicide Than Women In Nigeria-from A Female Perspective by Ugosample(m): 9:13pm On Apr 15, 2017
TinaAnita:
Life is stressful and everyone is challenged by it. Only the strong survives

You got that right
Re: 5 Reasons Why Men Commit Suicide Than Women In Nigeria-from A Female Perspective by Nobody: 9:13pm On Apr 15, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

I just wrote something general as it affects the public... not really my own personal way of life. Hope you grab?
I understand. I wasn't referring to you solely tho... trying to talk to the youths out there.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Men Commit Suicide Than Women In Nigeria-from A Female Perspective by BiafranBushBoy: 9:16pm On Apr 15, 2017
majekdom2:
I understand. I wasn't referring to you solely tho... trying to talk to the youths out there.

I get it now. Life isn't a race because there can't be one winner smiley

But I applaud your sense of reasoning. Thanks all the same.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Men Commit Suicide Than Women In Nigeria-from A Female Perspective by Nobody: 9:16pm On Apr 15, 2017
A man who wishes to trade d whole world and his reasoning for the 'good thing' he believes he has found.only to realise,that 'good thing' was just his imagination.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Men Commit Suicide Than Women In Nigeria-from A Female Perspective by Nobody: 9:23pm On Apr 15, 2017
Ugosample:

I don't agree 100 %
The main reason is because of what the society has boxed us into, not really because of the toughness or anything.
A woman in distress is more likely to be bailed out than a man in distress
A woman is more likely to let her emotions out, then feel better later on, but as for men, they will ge considered to be pussies if they do same.
In certain cultures, the societal expectations of men are neck breaking, and when they don't meet up, some commit suicide.
And when a man marries a bad spouse grin grin Suicide could be an option for some of them
The list is endless
Which woman gets help? Using NL as a case study, where women are blamed for their husbands abusive and philandering tendencies?

My dear, a good percentage of Nigerian men are only useful for the money and manhood. Once they don't have money and the manhood, they become very useless. That's why they think all the have to contribute to their homes to be crowned head of the house is bring money.

Till they realise life is beyond that, they might never find fulfilment.
Even if a woman sees no reason to live, she would live for her kids. Women marry bad husbands too, do you think emotional abuse is child's play? Or physical abuse? Women are most times blamed for every bad character exhibited by their kids and husband. No gender has it easy...

No one told you guys to bottle your emotions. Y'all set the standards for yourselves. Deal with it.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons Why Men Commit Suicide Than Women In Nigeria-from A Female Perspective by Donjazzy12(m): 9:24pm On Apr 15, 2017
onismate:

https://www.hovabuzz.com/frontline/1367-5-points-why-men-commit-suicide-than-women-in-nigeria-from-a-female-perspective
I have been saying it. Nobody cares about men. We will start caring for ourselves soon. Women empowerment everywhere. Men empowerment no where. Rubbish

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Men Commit Suicide Than Women In Nigeria-from A Female Perspective by meritknight: 9:24pm On Apr 15, 2017
we've got more pressing issues on our mind. Debts to pay, wives to feed and so much more. When all is not well, it tends to affect us psychological.

Re: 5 Reasons Why Men Commit Suicide Than Women In Nigeria-from A Female Perspective by Jaidooo(m): 9:25pm On Apr 15, 2017
YourCoffin:
Statistics has shown that the vast majority of men who commit suicide are either married or in relationship with a woman.

Also gay men and single men rarely commit suicide.

Deductively, the major cause of suicide among men are the women in their lives and not those written up there
That is not true mate. If you check very well you'll find out it has no connection with a man's marital/relationship satus. The OP has some valid points up there. Na person wey life never really test they call himself 'Man'.

Things can get really tough for anybody, but if you get patience, you'll laugh last.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Men Commit Suicide Than Women In Nigeria-from A Female Perspective by Jaidooo(m): 9:26pm On Apr 15, 2017
YourCoffin:
Statistics has shown that the vast majority of men who commit suicide are either married or in relationship with a woman.

Deductively, the major cause of suicide among men are the women in their lives and not those written up there
That is not true mate. If you check very well you'll find out it has no connection with a man's marital/relationship satus. The OP has some valid points up there. Na person wey life never really test they call himself 'Man'.

Things can get really tough for anybody, but if you get patience, you'll laugh last.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Men Commit Suicide Than Women In Nigeria-from A Female Perspective by Sanchez01: 9:27pm On Apr 15, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

Let me blow your mind... all of those things you read about the Colonel that started KFC are not REALLY true. Most of them are just speculations.

You can ask google.

To think that he was broke and all of a sudden started KFC is a total lie. So please research before you conclude.

I know that no time is late to become successful... but how many people can have such perseverance without giving up? smiley
Wrong! Your assertion is totally false. He was indeed broke and started in a humble, but innovative way. His life story is not 'just speculation'. I think you should devote time into reading about Harland Sanders.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Men Commit Suicide Than Women In Nigeria-from A Female Perspective by moshould(m): 9:28pm On Apr 15, 2017
Because we do more of the financial and body work, which makes us think too much and feel depressed when the economy of our useless country is not doing well.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Men Commit Suicide Than Women In Nigeria-from A Female Perspective by tunnamaniah(m): 9:30pm On Apr 15, 2017
YourCoffin:

bros i fear ur signature. Buh fear God bro!!!

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Men Commit Suicide Than Women In Nigeria-from A Female Perspective by BiafranBushBoy: 9:35pm On Apr 15, 2017
Sanchez01:

Wrong! Your assertion is totally false. He was indeed broke and started in a humble, but innovative way. His life story is not 'just speculation'. I think you should devote time into reading about Harland Sanders.

Go and make some deep research and don't flow with every story!!

Same way they told us that Edison tried 1000 times before he discovered The Electric bulb...
Re: 5 Reasons Why Men Commit Suicide Than Women In Nigeria-from A Female Perspective by bobbybrown007: 9:36pm On Apr 15, 2017
as for me they have already de-centralized everything to the ladies

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Men Commit Suicide Than Women In Nigeria-from A Female Perspective by Pharaoh9(m): 9:37pm On Apr 15, 2017
Number 3
Re: 5 Reasons Why Men Commit Suicide Than Women In Nigeria-from A Female Perspective by bukatyne(f): 9:39pm On Apr 15, 2017
PaperLace:

Which woman gets help? Using NL as a case study, where women are blamed for their husbands abusive and philandering tendencies?

My dear, a good percentage of Nigerian men are only useful for the money and manhood. Once they don't have money and the manhood, they become very useless. That's why they think all the have to contribute to their homes to be crowned head of the house is bring money.

Till they realise life is beyond that, they might never find fulfilment.
Even if a woman sees no reason to live, she would live for her kids. Women marry bad husbands too, do you think emotional abuse is child's play? Or physical abuse? Women are most times blamed for every bad character exhibited by their kids and husband. No gender has it easy...

No one told you guys to bottle your emotions. Y'all set the standards for yourselves. Deal with it.

@Bold:

Laughing in Chinese. ...

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Men Commit Suicide Than Women In Nigeria-from A Female Perspective by Dantee005(m): 9:47pm On Apr 15, 2017
God bless dat lady....

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Men Commit Suicide Than Women In Nigeria-from A Female Perspective by Nobody: 9:47pm On Apr 15, 2017
davidif:

You are making a terrible comparison. KFC was started in America, the land of opportunity not Nigeria where because of the economic system opportunities are incredibly few and far between and out of reach for a majority of Nigerians.
Don't mind him. America is the only land where people will invest billions of dollars in a silicon valley company that has little prospects for profit. Does he know that Snapchat, Uber and twitter have jointly incurred over 1.5 billion dollars in losses and have not yet turned a single dollar of profit in the last 4 years of operation? Yet Americans have invested so much that the stock worth of these three companies is approaching $50bn. Here in Nigeria, even your relatives go swear for you not to succeed. Govt officials will kill you with demands for bribes, PHCN go do you too, Banks are ready to runbyou down should you default, the education system won't even equip you, and your fellow Nigerians won't believe in your product. To succeed in Nigeria requires God's favour

8 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Men Commit Suicide Than Women In Nigeria-from A Female Perspective by Sanchez01: 9:48pm On Apr 15, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

Same way they told us that Edison tried 1000 times before he discovered The Electric bulb...

Deep research, you say? Perhaps you don't even know that the true story of Colonel Harland Sanders is far more crazier than the bland stories circulating the media.

This is enough research for you;
http://www.biography.com/people/colonel-harland-sanders-12353545
http://www.theverge.com/2016/7/5/12096466/colonel-sanders-kfc-meme-life-story
http://www.history.com/news/hungry-history/8-things-you-may-not-know-about-the-real-colonel-sanders

And who counted the number of times Edison failed? Sorry, science is basically exaggeration and I don't do exaggeration.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Men Commit Suicide Than Women In Nigeria-from A Female Perspective by Nobody: 9:53pm On Apr 15, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

Lol, Edison was a thief....
Re: 5 Reasons Why Men Commit Suicide Than Women In Nigeria-from A Female Perspective by Nobody: 9:53pm On Apr 15, 2017
This is just the beginning, more deaths will continue to take place,until men start speaking up,men and women pay tax,but we only have ministry of women affairs, recently a policewoman said all men are potential rapist,both men and women were praising her,instead of condemning her statement, plus numerous examples of how most men of these generation are causing there own downfall themselves..... When you tell them to fight for equity they will shut you down,try to challenge the status quo and the women will call you a misogynist.....

Una just they start,more to come....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why Men Commit Suicide Than Women In Nigeria-from A Female Perspective by kushme: 9:55pm On Apr 15, 2017
YourCoffin:

Bros your head is there.

So many men lie to themselves all in the name of vagina..

These females will use shaming languages on you and set standards for you just for one thing! for you to meet their selfish lazy arse needs..And so many men subconsciously fall for the female validation (manipulative skill) which is so anonying.. Now, it is so common that most men who are physically fit but so effeminate, while some who are 'captain-save- a-hoe' would be the first to criticize or fight a man when a female is involved. they will tell you..'i think you are wrong blah blah'.. without listening to the man's side of the story.

A female(mother/lady/girl) will always speak or complain for her benefits (never in the history of the world a group of women came together to build a mud house talkless of a skyscraper). Even in the western world.. All they want is men space when it is good, then tell you to 'man up' when it is bad/hard... Men created civilization and gave women every good life they have today and society always do everything for women/girls. Gender issue is gradually killing everything . when last you hear say na 'boy child empowerment'.

Please, allow me to use common sense to tell you what will happen when you empower a female child over a male child. Yes, after empowering her, she will have the juicy job, be more classy and a strong independent woman cheesy . As for the male child he would grow to become a young, uneducated and can be an easy recruit for a rebel group. No peace for anybody then # cry if they are not commiting suicide then they'll be killing each other in a hood war for money and power, or Boko Haram, RUF, Niger delta militia, agberos go plenty then to harass those pretty working class ladies everywhere). It will be so sickening.

I could only imagine how the society in the nearest future would be able to address the anger of young uneducated men. Maybe the strong and independent women then, will 'woman up' and put the young 'weak' men in their natural place ...A PUSSIFIED SOCIETY TRYING TO RE-WRITE BIOLOGY... ( Women were suppose to create society not men). grin

6 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Men Commit Suicide Than Women In Nigeria-from A Female Perspective by davidif: 9:56pm On Apr 15, 2017
myking95:

Don't mind him. America is the only land where people will invest billions of dollars in a silicon valley company that has little prospects for profit. Does he know that Snapchat, Uber and twitter have jointly incurred over 1.5 billion dollars in losses and have not yet turned a single dollar of profit in the last 4 years of operation? Yet Americans have invested so much that the stock worth of these three companies is approaching $50bn. Here in Nigeria, even your relatives go swear for you not to succeed. Govt officials will kill you with demands for bribes, PHCN go do you too, Banks are ready to runbyou down should you default, the education system won't even equip you, and your fellow Nigerians won't believe in your product. To succeed in Nigeria requires God's favour

As in eh! It's like the entire system is just set up for you to fail. It's like You have to be either well connected to really hit it big or you have to be super connected.

Instead of Buhari and co to fix the system to remove the obstacles to run a business he is running around the world trying to lure investors. Why would an investor come to a country where it's shardo corrupt and hard to do business.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Men Commit Suicide Than Women In Nigeria-from A Female Perspective by introvertme: 10:04pm On Apr 15, 2017
myking95:

Thanks 4 speaking d truth although i doubt your stats

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boko Haram Launches Fresh Attack On Gwoza Town / Police Arrest Minor For Raping, Impregnating Pupil / Guy Narrates His Terrifying Experience With One-eyed Armed Robber In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.