Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,737 members, 7,809,826 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:34 PM

5 Reasons Why Men Commit Suicide Than Women In Nigeria-from A Female Perspective - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 5 Reasons Why Men Commit Suicide Than Women In Nigeria-from A Female Perspective (20023 Views)

Soldiers Who Threatened To Rape Women In Warri Arrested In Lagos / Four Doctors Commit Suicide In Abuja / Let Me Commit Suicide With Fanta- Beautiful Nigerian Lady Dumps Sniper For Fanta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons Why Men Commit Suicide Than Women In Nigeria-from A Female Perspective by BiafranBushBoy: 10:07pm On Apr 15, 2017
Sanchez01:

Deep research, you say? Perhaps you don't even know that the true story of Colonel Harland Sanders is far more crazier than the bland stories circulating the media.

This is enough research for you;
http://www.biography.com/people/colonel-harland-sanders-12353545
http://www.theverge.com/2016/7/5/12096466/colonel-sanders-kfc-meme-life-story
http://www.history.com/news/hungry-history/8-things-you-may-not-know-about-the-real-colonel-sanders

And who counted the number of times Edison failed? Sorry, science is basically exaggeration and I don't do exaggeration.

Niggur... I can write my own point of view and upload on the net!!

Read his personal biography and stop acting naive!!
Re: 5 Reasons Why Men Commit Suicide Than Women In Nigeria-from A Female Perspective by YourCoffin: 10:07pm On Apr 15, 2017
tunnamaniah:
bros i fear ur signature. Buh fear God bro!!!

Unless you are of them, you have nothing to fear na
Re: 5 Reasons Why Men Commit Suicide Than Women In Nigeria-from A Female Perspective by Nobody: 10:15pm On Apr 15, 2017
The fact that there's so much societal pressure on men which has led them to carrying responsibilities most can't handle is so true! And this is EXTREMELY sad.

The average Nigerian man feels he's only fit to be called a man if he has achieved this and that. In fact he doesn't feel, he believes, he KNOWS.

Pressure from girls who feel they shouldn't strive to high because hey that's the mans' job, he should be the 1 showering her with gifts etc

Pressure from the family because being a man means you have responsibilities to carry. You have to take care of your family

Which leads to the pressure of making it in life, which is extremely difficult in Nigeria, especially since most graduates are yet to be employed etc

And the pressure from all sides goes on and on

Pathetic

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Men Commit Suicide Than Women In Nigeria-from A Female Perspective by Nobody: 10:15pm On Apr 15, 2017
YourCoffin:

Unless you are of them, you have nothing to fear na
you're a dead man walking.
Walking corpse your moniker says it all
Re: 5 Reasons Why Men Commit Suicide Than Women In Nigeria-from A Female Perspective by Iloveafrica: 10:17pm On Apr 15, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
how much you go sell am?
Re: 5 Reasons Why Men Commit Suicide Than Women In Nigeria-from A Female Perspective by YourCoffin: 10:17pm On Apr 15, 2017
Jaidooo:

That is not true mate. If you check very well you'll find out it has no connection with a man's marital/relationship satus. The OP has some valid points up there. Na person wey life never really test they call himself 'Man'.

Things can get really tough for anybody, but if you get patience, you'll laugh last.

The OP has no valid point. I have not seen anybody that has gone through difficult times than those guys that sleep under the bridge and yet they haven't killed themselves.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Men Commit Suicide Than Women In Nigeria-from A Female Perspective by Sanchez01: 10:18pm On Apr 15, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

Niggur... I can write my own point of view and upload on the net!!

Read his personal biography and stop acting naive!!
I consider the N word derogatory. That said, it took you long enough to respond. I wish you know how you sounded with these words. One minute, you asked for 'deep research', the next minute, you asked for his personal biography. Funny.

Just so you know, www.biography.com is the world's largest and most trusted biography website. Since you didn't realize, I guess that means one thing. Oh well...

Again, help yourself: http://www.biography.com/people/colonel-harland-sanders-12353545
Re: 5 Reasons Why Men Commit Suicide Than Women In Nigeria-from A Female Perspective by YourCoffin: 10:24pm On Apr 15, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
you're a dead man walking.
Walking corpse your moniker says it all

Lol. And you are quoting a dead man. It's either we are both walking corpses or we are both walking corpses?

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Men Commit Suicide Than Women In Nigeria-from A Female Perspective by babyfaceafrica: 10:30pm On Apr 15, 2017
Super story...single men live longer than married men
.why?

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Men Commit Suicide Than Women In Nigeria-from A Female Perspective by Nobody: 10:37pm On Apr 15, 2017
YourCoffin:

Lol. And you are quoting a dead man. It's either we are both walking corpses or we are both walking corpses?
Ogbeni change that your signature
Re: 5 Reasons Why Men Commit Suicide Than Women In Nigeria-from A Female Perspective by BiafranBushBoy: 10:38pm On Apr 15, 2017
Sanchez01:

I consider the N word derogatory. That said, it took you long enough to respond. I wish you know how you sounded with these words. One minute, you asked for 'deep research', the next minute, you asked for his personal biography. Funny.

Just so you know, www.biography.com is the world's largest and most trusted biography website. Since you didn't realize, I guess that means one thing. Oh well...

Again, help yourself: http://www.biography.com/people/colonel-harland-sanders-12353545

I would have loved to dig up facts now.. but I will do that later.

Just that I am extremely busy now. Give me some time!
Re: 5 Reasons Why Men Commit Suicide Than Women In Nigeria-from A Female Perspective by Damsman10(m): 10:44pm On Apr 15, 2017
PaperLace:
The main reason men commit suicide more is because men might be physically tough, but not psychologically/emotionally tough.

some ladies r stronger psychologically.. ur on point
Re: 5 Reasons Why Men Commit Suicide Than Women In Nigeria-from A Female Perspective by debbie223(f): 10:47pm On Apr 15, 2017
I lost my mum,dad,and fiance to the cold hands of death in just one day.2 months later i discovered i was pregnant.I was sinking deep into depression.I taught abt suicide especially wen i lost my job a few months later.Bt each time d baby kicked inside of me i get more courage and determination to keep moving if nt 4 anything to make sure two lives dnt get wasted.Here i am,5 yrs later.I'm still alive,my baby is doing great n no more suicidal tendencies even when guys tagg me as a single mum n keep running like a lion is after their life the moment they knw i'm a single mum.We all have a choice whether male or female.The choice to live depends solely on us.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Men Commit Suicide Than Women In Nigeria-from A Female Perspective by Nobody: 11:07pm On Apr 15, 2017
Men commit suicide more the world over and not only in Nigeria. Women involve more in attention seeking or deceptive sucide attempt. It's difficult to be a man.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Men Commit Suicide Than Women In Nigeria-from A Female Perspective by codedpee(m): 11:09pm On Apr 15, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
I know my brother.. Recession can make the same go insane...
That solves it
Re: 5 Reasons Why Men Commit Suicide Than Women In Nigeria-from A Female Perspective by doyinbaby(f): 11:27pm On Apr 15, 2017
But people should never commit suicide......at times when you hear the challenges some people have faced for years.....those challenges seems 10times greater than yours but them never commit suicide

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why Men Commit Suicide Than Women In Nigeria-from A Female Perspective by kushme: 11:29pm On Apr 15, 2017
This is just the beginning, more deaths will continue to take place,until men start speaking up,men and women pay tax,but we only have ministry of women affairs, recently a policewoman said all men are potential rapist,both men and women were praising her,instead of condemning her statement, plus numerous examples of how most men of these generation are causing there own downfall themselves..... When you tell them to fight for equity they will shut you down,try to challenge the status quo and the women will call you a misogynist.....

Una just they start,more to come....

Bro, you are so on point...

just imagine the statement from that policewoman ( hateful mindset)...

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Men Commit Suicide Than Women In Nigeria-from A Female Perspective by funshint(m): 12:00am On Apr 16, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
I agree with the posters above me. Men may appear tough, look tough but sincerely they aren't as emotionally tough as women.

Women cry out their pains, they scream out their frustration and pray out their pains. Men on the other hand always want to appear cool and tough but die within.

Men get depressed and frustrated when things don't go their way, they feel like lesser men in the process.
Meanwhile women endure and overcome much more challenges.

I admire women so much each time I reflect on my mom and I hope every woman realise the deep inner strength in them.

Let me say that a man will most likely outlive the age of Methuselah if he has a woman that always have his back irrespective of the situation or the dynamics of life.... (of course, he can't pay her in the opposite coin).
Your post makes sense over all others I've been reading....d truth is no matter what a man faces in life so far he has a woman that truly loves, understands and ready to endure with him, suicide will never cross his mind. The truth is men are naturally "needy" and we require validation from the opposite sex to boost our ego. When all dis is lacking be it in d form of rejection, broken relationship or unrequited love, suicide gradually becomes an option. This is not even an economic issue, this is more of a thing of d mind.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why Men Commit Suicide Than Women In Nigeria-from A Female Perspective by WriteousDavid(m): 12:13am On Apr 16, 2017
many men have drowned in the lake of uncried tears...

Re: 5 Reasons Why Men Commit Suicide Than Women In Nigeria-from A Female Perspective by Seven445: 12:21am On Apr 16, 2017
Buh y think of suicide the first place
Re: 5 Reasons Why Men Commit Suicide Than Women In Nigeria-from A Female Perspective by oxon(m): 12:47am On Apr 16, 2017
Ermacc:
I think you are more silly. Do you really think Nigeria is a levelled playing ground that offers equal opportunity for everyone? You must be one of all this gaddamn motivational talkatives who ignore life's realities
bro thanks for laying some sense on that air head

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Men Commit Suicide Than Women In Nigeria-from A Female Perspective by Tenplet(m): 5:58am On Apr 16, 2017
PaperLace:
The main reason men commit suicide more is because men might be physically tough, but not psychologically/emotionally tough.

i love it tho
Re: 5 Reasons Why Men Commit Suicide Than Women In Nigeria-from A Female Perspective by Ifebazz(m): 6:46am On Apr 16, 2017
PaperLace:

Which woman gets help? Using NL as a case study, where women are blamed for their husbands abusive and philandering tendencies?

My dear, a good percentage of Nigerian men are only useful for the money and manhood. Once they don't have money and the manhood, they become very useless. That's why they think all the have to contribute to their homes to be crowned head of the house is bring money.

Till they realise life is beyond that, they might never find fulfilment.
Even if a woman sees no reason to live, she would live for her kids. Women marry bad husbands too, do you think emotional abuse is child's play? Or physical abuse? Women are most times blamed for every bad character exhibited by their kids and husband. No gender has it easy...

No one told you guys to bottle your emotions. Y'all set the standards for yourselves. Deal with it.

I thought they 'ONLY' blame women?
If I may borrow a leaf from your conclusion, "nobody told women to be weak".

I have never seen guys standing on the road looking for lifts. Even when there's scarcity of vehicles, it's women the lifts gets to easily. Call it exploitation, why don't women exploit men in that regard?
In Lagos, apart from the commercial vehicles, there's almost more women driving cars on the roads. How many times has any man been given a ride by a woman?

Do you know how many men are puppets in their own homes? Take psychological and sometimes physical abuses too? Of course you can't get to hear it because 'society' frowns at weak men. Most men yearn for more work or hobbies just to get away from their homes.
Society wants them to be strong and weak at the same time. Be strong without the rough edges. Be weak without being lazy.

In economics, there's what's called 'alternative foregone'. You want a man to go out and work his arse off to fend for his family but you don't want him out late. even when the job demands it. Make up your minds woman. What do you all want from men?

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Men Commit Suicide Than Women In Nigeria-from A Female Perspective by Nobody: 6:58am On Apr 16, 2017
Relationship breakup also part of it
Re: 5 Reasons Why Men Commit Suicide Than Women In Nigeria-from A Female Perspective by Nobody: 7:16am On Apr 16, 2017
introvertme:

Thanks 4 speaking d truth although i doubt your stats

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-08-25/uber-loses-at-least-1-2-billion-in-first-half-of-2016

https://techcrunch.com/2016/12/21/uber-losses-expected-to-hit-3-billion-in-2016-despite-revenue-growth/

http://gizmodo.com/holy-crap-snapchat-is-losing-a-ton-of-money-1791938528
Don't doubt the stats. I was even being conservative. Uber alone has lost over $3bn in the last two years,Snapchat is another headache. Snapchat is valued at over 20bn as at the IPO
Re: 5 Reasons Why Men Commit Suicide Than Women In Nigeria-from A Female Perspective by deleo16(m): 7:35am On Apr 16, 2017
Op you are right,please watch this it goes a long way how to be a man in this century
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvSz6BWU5kM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=541DRAZpIfU
Re: 5 Reasons Why Men Commit Suicide Than Women In Nigeria-from A Female Perspective by realhumanity: 7:50am On Apr 16, 2017
PaperLace:

Men are tougher emotionally but they don't have people who help them pass through tough emotional times unlike women who have a lot of people consoling them. Men do not really talk about their problems but women talk a lot about their problems and have a way of getting the pity treatment from friends and family.

Men are taught to deal with situation on their own but when a woman carries a burden, most times its been shared with friends, lovers and family members.

Men pass through a lot but women get a lot of help.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Men Commit Suicide Than Women In Nigeria-from A Female Perspective by Jman06(m): 8:07am On Apr 16, 2017
Any man that has my mindset will never commit suicide. I believe that i am a demi god that owns or partly owns the universe.Therefore, no human,be them man,woman,boy,girl or society can pressure me into commiting suicide. I'm too precious to take my life because of what people think about me.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Men Commit Suicide Than Women In Nigeria-from A Female Perspective by obiezed: 9:15am On Apr 16, 2017
Sanchez01:

Deep research, you say? Perhaps you don't even know that the true story of Colonel Harland Sanders is far more crazier than the bland stories circulating the media.

This is enough research for you;
http://www.biography.com/people/colonel-harland-sanders-12353545
http://www.theverge.com/2016/7/5/12096466/colonel-sanders-kfc-meme-life-story
http://www.history.com/news/hungry-history/8-things-you-may-not-know-about-the-real-colonel-sanders

And who counted the number of times Edison failed? Sorry, science is basically exaggeration and I don't do exaggeration.
While you are right about Colonel Sanders,your next statement is absolutely absurd, Science is about Observation and documentation of naturally,presicely identifiable phenomena,exaggeration has NO place in science,you are mistaken Science fiction with science.the thousand light bulb experiments of Edison to accepted as fact would have to be documented,so extrapolation and corrections can be made after every failed trial.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Men Commit Suicide Than Women In Nigeria-from A Female Perspective by 3rdlegxxx(m): 9:28am On Apr 16, 2017
kushme:

Bros your head is there.

So many men lie to themselves all in the name of vagina..

These females will use shaming languages on you and set standards for you just for one thing! for you to meet their selfish lazy arse needs..And so many men subconsciously fall for the female validation (manipulative skill) which is so anonying.. Now, it is so common that most men who are physically fit but so effeminate, while some who are 'captain-save- a-hoe' would be the first to criticize or fight a man when a female is involved. they will tell you..'i think you are wrong blah blah'.. without listening to the man's side of the story.

A female(mother/lady/girl) will always speak or complain for her benefits (never in the history of the world a group of women came together to build a mud house talkless of a skyscraper) not even in the western world. All they want is men space when it is good, then tell you to 'man up' when it is bad/hard... Men created civilization and gave women every good life they have today and society always do everything for women/girls. Gender issue is gradually killing everything . when last you hear say na 'boy child empowerment'.

Please, allow me to use common sense to tell you what will happen when you empower a female child over a male child. Yes, after empowering her, she will have the juicy job, be more classy and a strong independent woman cheesy . As for the male child he would grow to become a young, uneducated and can be an easy recruit for a rebel group. No peace for anybody then # cry if they are not commiting suicide then they'll be killing each other in a hood war for money and power, or Boko Haram, RUF, Niger delta militia, agberos go plenty then to harass those pretty working class ladies everywhere). It will be so sickening.

I could only imagine how the society in the nearest future would be able to address the anger of young uneducated men. Maybe the strong and independent women then, will 'woman up' and put the young 'weak' men in their natural place ...A PUSSIFIED SOCIETY TRYING TO RE-WRITE BIOLOGY... ( Women were suppose to create society not men). grin

You deserve a round of applause for spilling your thoughts and making so much sense with it, I use to laugh whenever I hear youths talk about a Nigerian can never commit suicide and the silly sying that we are the happiest people in the world, gosh Nigerians seriously need to wake up, begin using their sense of intelligence to understand one another more, we have been having hundred cases of suicide yearly but we hardly talk about them, some dumb minds still say it's Buharis fault that no one committed suicide during GEJ's Era, gosh so many limited minds...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boko Haram Launches Fresh Attack On Gwoza Town / Guy Narrates His Terrifying Experience With One-eyed Armed Robber In Lagos / Police Arrest Minor For Raping, Impregnating Pupil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.